134 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Foul

by Foul

by Foul

Kia #383 - WINNER PG 11

Postby Foul » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:56 pm

What is a Kiamara?
A Kiamara is a wolf-like creature. They have long, fluffy manes on the top of their heads, running down between their shoulders. They all have spots on their bodies- a trait in which will never be bred out of their DNA. They also have feathers- every Kiamara is given feathers when they reach the age of 2 years old. Their diet consists of fruit as well as meat- they prey on similar creatures that wolves would. Kiamara can be very shy before they get to know you. Can you win a Kiamara's heart?

uhh sorry for posting another one so soon after the last OTL
      AND ive noticed that there have been a lot of blue orange kias imsorry ;o;

Owned by Talon.
Last edited by Foul on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

'sup
call me Foul or Owl

I really enjoy Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Fullmetal Alchemist: B and Over the Garden Wall

I'm taking a nice, long hiatus from CS and partially from DA. If you'd like to contact me, the best way to do so would be to send me a message on my Art Blog.

deviantartAsk.fmtumblrart blogkias

art by pandora., icon by rrrai
Foul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I've got a hero Livin' in me

Postby geotalon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:56 pm

------------------------------------------------------

So,-- when --you --feel --like --hope --is --gone,

Just --Look-- inside-- you-- and--be --strong.

And-- you'll --finally-- see --the --truth,

That ----hero --lies --in-- you. . .

------------------------------------------------------

dreaмѕ are нard тo ғollow вυт don'т leт anyone тear тнeм away

He could feel nothing. No cold nor warmth, not even the snow and ice beneath his feet could be felt. A bright light pulsed slowly above of him, the rays reaching down almost as if to touch his face. He didn't know what it was, but it was beautiful and soothing in nature, keeping a pattern that slowly gave warmth to his heart. He felt like it was calling him, giving him a title that he had never heard before.The powerful bright light suddenly pulsed for a few seconds, almost blinding, then quickly fading into nothing. Darkness slithered out, crashing like waves against the snow, surrounding him. His heart began to race as he heard a deep, obscure voice whisper into his ear from the cimmerian shade, "Forget the Light." The darkness then engulfed him.

нold on тнere wιll вe тoмorrow ιn тιмe yoυ'll ғιnd тнe way

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

U S E R N A M E
    "A bit about Talon."
I'm an owner of a few amazing kiamaras inside and out, and hope to add him to my family, as I love him just as much as I do Zap, my most active kiamara. I'm letting you know I asked apple if some of the stuff here was alright, she approved. I really hope you enjoy my form, for it will be my last.

N A M E
    "My name is Lucius. Lucius Albescu."
Lucius means light and Albescu means white in Romanian. The reason for picking names with those meanings will be portrayed throughout the story and embellished upon, so I hope you come to understand the reason why I selected the titles for him.

P R E Q U E L
    "The origin of Lucius."
This story begins many life times ago. There was a time when the world was ruled by Darkness, casting out Light. In broken hope, creatures bowed before Darkness. A goddess saw her children in agony and despair as the darkness feasted upon them, and she felt the pain as hope was lost. She would not give up on them, not even if it costed her very essence. Though she herself could not fight darkness, she knew someone could, a mortal could, and so she traveled to Earth in search of the perfect body to bestow her gift of Light. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months. With each goodbye, she felt the stinging bite of failure, and her hope being eaten up by darkness itself. With each day her pace became slower, and her feet began to drag, it was as if she was pulling against chains.

On her last day, she came upon two parents and the child, the last of her hope. She looked over them with an expression that showed she had already marked the boy off as a failure. Sometimes visions are just dreams taken too seriously, the goddess told herself. She turned her back towards them, feeling tears build as she began to accept her defeat. She didn't want to face them again, but being the polite woman she was, she had to turn to face them to say goodbye. That's when she saw it. Saw him. The parents as they were, confident and without fear, held a baby boy with fiery scarlet eyes. It was not the type of fire that would consume others, but the a type of fire that would bring forth a new era. That moment she knew her search was over, she had found him. Bending over to place the gift of Light, she whispered to the crying baby fervently, “Learn. Grow strong, for one day you will become an inspiration to all. Your people have been chased into misty darkness. But you, my hero... your light will shine through it all. You will lead them back into the light, and cast the shadows back where they belong."

Those words, however, were not kept only to the ones that they were intended for.

Years later the goddess still watched the Earth as Darkness continued to rule. When the day came the young child she gifted became an adult, she began to travel down to greet him and tell him of his journey ahead. Darkness knew she had been planning this, and since the boy was a weapon against him, sent dark soldiers to stop her from reaching him. They encased her in attempts to stop her, and the goddess fought to free herself from their grasp. Struggling to slip away from the dark, she fell from the sky. Fell hard. Upon contact with the ground, the goddess found no recollection of who she was, and Darkness saw this victory and continued his rule. For without the goddess, the Light Hero would never know what he was meant to do. Without knowing, Light would fade into nothing.. Forever.

H I S . S T O R Y
    "It's not much of a legacy."

It was chilly in the shadows of the buildings. In the city there was no sun that hit the ground; it was endless shadows and endless cold, even in the summer it was cold enough to create frozen vapor, and even for it to snow. Besides the architecture, Lucius saw a lot of white where he grew up. Snow fell and stayed for days and, when it began to show signs of clearing, snowed some more. He never really liked the cold, but he grew up in a frozen environment because his parents moved when he was too young to remember, or give in his own opinions on where he himself wanted to live. Even now, as an adult, he lived there despite his love for the warmth.

Lucius had a fairly normal childhood. His relationship to his parents had its ups and downs, but in the end he loved them both enough to stay a while longer before venturing off to his own life. He went through those teenage years where he protested against everything in attempts to find himself, times when he had special moments he'd cherish forever, even first times doing things. Everything made him who he was today, an average kind of guy who works hard some days and half-tries on others. Like everyone, he has had moments when he was a jerk and times he was a gentleman. The thing that made his childhood different were his dreams, his recurring nightmares that would change his life forever.

He started getting these... odd dreams around the time he turned 12. They began small, short dream of moving shadows in the night, nothing that really bothered him. Since then it has gotten more and more frequent; more and more terrifying. The dreams turned into nightmares, consisting of dark shadows and of him. The "him" from the dreams seemed to live in an older time period, way back in the past with a different and more stubborn personality. These dreams confused him for he didn't understand why he had them. He'd inquired a fortune teller once, and they told him it was a past life, but that caused him further disorientation as to why he was having the dreams. What did they mean? Even though these dreams started becoming terrifying, he was not scared of the dark. He found himself more intrigued by it, drawn to dark places occasionally in hopes to figure out what was taking over his dreams.

One morning he woke from one of these nightmares. This nightmare was different than the rest, there was a light pulsating above him that was warm and familiar, like something he once knew. It called out to him in a whisper, a name he did not know, as it caressed his face. He was drawn to it in the dream, calling the light by the name of Meili. The light shone brightly in his dream when he called out this name, then faded into darkness, and as the shadows swallowed him up saying something along the lines of "forget the light". Everything confused him and the longer time elapsed, the longer the time was without an answer. Would he ever receive an answer? What is the light? Who is Meili? Things began to frustrate him, but he shoved it in the back of his mind. He had a life to live, he couldn't dwell on unanswered dreams.

He went out around town to relax himself after work, breathing in the frigid city air and stopping by a few of his favorite hot spots around the city. The cold air was harsh and painful, able to take his mind off the nightmares for a while. He rubbed his head gently with his right hand as he breathed out slowly, watching as the almost-steam like breath swirled from his mouth. He stood outside of a clothing shop for a moment to catch his breath and enjoy the sight of pretty lights that flickered across the street. A sudden image flashed in his mind, all he saw for a split second was the word "hero" in big, red letters. He blinked when it disappeared from his mind. What was that? He took a moment to glance around. Was he seeing things?

As he glanced around, he noticed a blue-spotted shirt hung on a mannequin just inside a window. An orange line passed from top-to-bottom on the right side of it with the letters H E R O in red. Lucius stared for a moment, thinking about the random flash that appeared in his head. It had said the same thing, right? The colors of the letters and the spacing here the same. Why? Was there something about this shirt, or did his mind foresee it? He felt like he was going crazy, but something in him, a small and light feeling, desired the shirt. There must have been a reason, so he didn't think much on it. He entered the store and bought it. What could one shirt do anyway?

As days passed on, his nightmares got more frequent and terrifying. As these dreams took over his mind, he started to feel like he was hallucinating, seeing strange black clouds with faces around people. They looked like shadows with an attitude, always following the people who looked like they were having a bad day. He had odd moments where he dreamed on the spot, even if he was standing up and working, like his world got consumed by darkness. He began hating it how his life was becoming. This life of his was being ripped apart all because of nightmares: being late to all events, falling to sleep on the job, and spacing out during conversations were all things affected by these uncontrollable events. No one really believed him, only told him he needed to seek a therapist, who couldn't help him. It felt as if he was going insane, and his frustration grew to parts of his life. He began becoming a bit more hypocritical in his life.

He began wasting his time standing on the streets, staring at these shadow-like clouds that followed people. There were things only he could see but could not understand, and he was determined to figure all this out. He figured at one point that these dark-cloud-like creatures were some kind of negative energy certain people released. Those that had these creatures following them looked annoyed or angry as they walked down the street, shoving their way past people and shoving their way into people. It was obvious they didn't care about anything but where they were heading. It wasn't much, but it was something that Lucius could grasp. What Lucius didn't understand that these clouds were "demons" who fed off the anger or negative energy, or that they would only grow bigger until they start to consume positive energy. Sighing, he moved some hair from his face to get it out of his eyes as he thought about his findings and questions still left unanswered. Why him?

He titled his head to the right to block the piercing wing and noticed an older lady fighting with a door, trying to open it. As she fought with it, Lucius noticed a small... black cloud starting to form about her head, just like these negative creatures he's been observing. His heart pounded and he dashed through the street towards the older lady, not because of a shadow he did not know how to rid of, but because it wasn't right to him that no one was trying to help her open a door. It was careless to run through the street without bothering to look at oncoming cars, but he didn't think twice about it. He went over and grabbed the handle from her gently, pulling it open. "Here you go, ma'am." He glanced up at the dark cloud suddenly without thinking, but saw it was now fading away.

"Thank you, dear." An old, crackly feminine voice sounded in his ears as he snapped out of staring above her. She was smiling at him, her abundant wrinkles clearly evident as her features were crinkled by the mere smile. She seemed relieved and thankful, her smile spreading to his face. It almost felt as if all that previous frustration washed away for just a moment. Lucius didn't realize it, but he stood there feeling relieved... but then it hit him. He noticed that in making her smile even a little, the cloud faded a bit. It wasn't gone completely, but it was smaller than it was before. This was something hopeful to him.

He nodded in response and closed the door after she went in. Replaying what just happened, he thought about it and things made slightly more sense. It really seemed to be some negative energy that followed them around and fed from their anger, but if they did not feel anger then the shadows had nothing to feed off of. If people felt some more positive energy, the demons would go away. There was just one problem, Lucius thought as he ran his fingers through his hair. He pulled his hat down to keep the wind out of his eyes. People are just so negative now-a-days, what possible way could more positive energy be spread? Then things started to clear up for Lucius... Since only he could see them, there must be a purpose. If he could bring more positive energy to people, the creatures would fade away. But what could one person do? One good deed couldn't take away a creature, so Lucius couldn't imagine what must be done to get rid of them.

He didn't understand why he felt the need to do it, but something in him burned with the desire to stop this... as if it was his duty. Sighing, he walked down the street towards his favorite market square. He didn't know why he was heading there after everything, but that's where his feet were taking him. All this seemed too much for one person to take care of. He started to feel doubt that he could do anything about it, or that he should do anything about it. Why did he need to help anyone at all? As he thought, he didn't notice he walked into a female until their shoulders touched. She was older than he was, dark-skinned and had floating pink-like... hair? At least he thought it was hair. It reminded Lucius of plasma matter, like the kind you find in lava lamps.

She was beautiful but her face twisted in pain. He realized at that moment he was standing on her foot. He moved back away from her. "I'm so sorry,I-" He began.

"I'm so very sorry!" She interrupted, looking upset, then she added, "I hope you aren't hurt." Why was she apologizing, Lucius thought. He stepped on her foot, not the other way around.

"No, it was me. I hope you are ok?" He asked, lifting his hands as if trying to calm a child. He didn't realize he was doing it, but it didn't seem to bother the mysterious miss. Her hair flowed behind her, catching his attention once more. Then he noticed her black, feathered wings and they moved a bit. Moved. He didn't believe they were real, though, but something about her was making him curious. She definitely was not normal with that hair of hers. Even though they were strangers, something about her felt warm to him. "I'm sorry, but may I ask... Do I know you from somewhere?"

"I don't think so. Though... you do seem familiar to me as well," The woman replied in bowing her head slightly. She seemed so polite, it made him smile a bit. The woman added with the sweetest smile placed on her lips, "It's nice to meet you, though! My name is Meili!"

That name seemed familiar to him. It was warm and touched his thoughts in the most intriguing way. He didn't pause too long to leave her hanging. "I'm Lucius."

P E R S O N A L I T Y
    "Getting to know me isn't hard, I hope."
Lucius does not always stand on good grounds. He gets frustrated and over emotional at times, breaking promises, and turning his back on fellow friends that reach out for help. Once a friend asked him if Lucius could cover him so his friend could leave work early for a semi-emergency. Though Lucius knew that this was important to his friend, he rejected it and returned to his own work, leaving his friend stressed alone. He can be greedy... but he also can give, smile, joke, and play. He sometimes goes to great lengths to cheer up someone, even if it means dressing up like a clown and embarrassing himself.

Getting down into it, Lucius can be quite charming though that is not an objective. He has a bit of an accent living in a northern city, similar to those that live in New York, though it is not as heavy of an accent. His parents had somewhat educated him on being a gentleman, and some aspects of their manners have kept with him throughout the years though he is not the perfect gentleman. He still has moments when he shuts the door on someone's face is upset, but he usually feels bad about it later.

He is observant. With his history, he's learned to watch things he doesn't understand - or even things he does. It's not intentional, but it seeps into other fields of his life, like relationships. Being observant makes him listen more than speak, which can lead into fights and disputes from the frustration of the other party. He's not very good with standing his own ground, though, and allow people to walk all over him... Sometimes. This causes him to be passive-aggressive in how he deals with anger. He does not intend to hurt others, so he doesn't tell them how he feels, only waits for what he believes is "karma" to come back. He relishes in it sometimes, and can act spiteful at times, only replying in "mhm" and "yea, whatever". He occasionally shuts the door in their face and walk away mid-conversation instead of expressions his anger.

Following his gut is what he's best at. Something happens in a flash and as long as his instincts tell him ok, he goes with it. He doesn't usually question his instincts even though he may not understand what is happening or why. This is linked to his line of ancestry, starting from the first child to be given this ability from the Goddess. These instincts are his past lives guiding him to what he needs to do, and sometimes he hears whispers in the wind he doesn't understand.

Lucius is quite generous at times when he has the motivation to clear away the demons he sees. He carries around items (money, cheap watches, ect) so that when a stranger is in need of it, he is there to give it to them. He enjoys spreading joy and hope, but not all the time. It's time consuming and expensive, since he gives away his change to homeless or spends some money on things he gifts away. Other times he feels like its useless, tedious, and gets annoyed or spiteful that he feels like his duty is to serve others happiness. He's not always pleased with his work.

And just like anyone else, Lucius grows his own dark shadow, though he can keep his down better than he can others. It serves as a reminder what feelings - even if small ones - can cause good or bad for the soul. He has to remember that his actions are like dominoes. There is a lot about Lucius even he doesn't understand, but he's walking the earth with an ability to see the negative energy people presented in the form of emotions. As time passes, more things will become clear for him, but many things remain a mystery until answers are sought.

Will he ever get an answer?

F E A R S
    "Things that make my heart scream."
Possibilities
• Agateophobia (fear of insanity) - With the shadows tearing up his world, Lucius feels like he is going crazy sometimes. No one can see what he does, no one understands, and it scares him. He doesn't want to loose his mind and he stays up late telling himself things will be ok.
• Amaxophobia (fear of riding in a car) - As silly as it sounds, Lucius does indeed fear cars and riding in them. He tends to walk to where he wants to as long as it's city limits. When he does take the chance to ride, he grips the door handle quite tightly.
• Oneirophobia (fear of dreams) - Dreams are not good things Lucius finds anymore. He does not dream of warm sun rays or fields of flowers, only dark shadows swallowing him up. And though he does not fear the dark, these dreams are the things that keep him awake at night. He cannot tell what is a dream from a nightmare, so he assumes they are all the same thing, and he is afraid to dream.

Q U I R K S
    "Threads that bind me together."
Here are a few quirks Lucius may show throughout his life.
• Carries around change in his pocket to give to the homeless. Other than that, he has no reason to carry change.
• Doesn't consider himself when he rushes to do things. He often puts himself in harms way.

Q U E S T I O N S
    "Want to know something?"
So, Lucius, how did you get that snake tongue?
"It was an accident... I was in a fight with my pa, bit my own tongue in two..."

What is your favorite childhood memory?
"I think it was when pa and mum took me on a vacation to a beach. Everything that could have gone wrong did... Storms blew in and trashed the beach so we couldn't go out, the hotel had terrible service... yet even through all that we smiled and sat 'round a table and played poker. Cracked some jokes. It was stressful, but it was one of the only times we didn't care about the world. "

What is your favorite animal and why?
"I'm quite attracted to Peacocks. I know, silly, ney? I love those tails, quite amazing how they look folded and showing off. The colors, the way the attract a mate... Nature is quite splendid."

Is there or ever going to be a special someone?
"I'm sure at one point it's possible." He glances away shyly, "Not at the moment, though."

Does you have a secret?
"Doesn't everyone? I know I do, but I won't share them. They are secrets for a reason, haha."

Have you been in love? Had a broken heart?
"I was, once. Didn't end up well, we went our separate ways. In the end, we couldn't stand each other. Haven't dated much since... I've been.... distracted."

On what occasions do you lie?
"Just about every day... I mean, when someone asks me 'Are you ok?' and I reply with 'I'm fine'... isn't that a lie if I'm not? I just don't want them to worry."

M Y . P R O M I S E
    "A promise from Talon."
I know it may not mean much, but I want to let you know that, if by some miracle I do win, he would be spoiled rotten. This is the largest form I've ever done and the most I've ever thought through character-wise, and I feel like it's still not enough to lay out this character I thought up. There is so much more I wish to share and do with him but there is not enough space nor time for me to do that. I would write more of his journey, roleplay him, socialize him, draw him... I want to continue his story, develop him further, have him live his life and share it. I hope this does not sound like begging because that is not my intention. I only want to share my plans and my hope for the future... and that even though you judge based on the form, that there is still so much I wish to share. I promise that if I happen to be so lucky that this would not be the last you see of him, his life, or his adventure.

A R T
    "At a glance."
Art by me, Talon
Hello l l Pulsing Light l l Preperation l l H E R O l l Energy l l Be a Hero

Art by Moonlight_Girl
Keep the Light l l Fun Travels l l Ordinary

Art by Chim
Finding Light l l Step by Step l l Every Story Has a Hero

Art by .cupcakefox.(bold)
Time to Reign

Art by Ebonpyre
Glance l l Moments

Art by -Cole Stargazer-
Negative Energy l l Positive Energy l l 1,000 Words

Art by Tempest Rain
Freefall

Art by Charchar2
Smile

Art by .Polaris.
Winds of Change

you --can --be---- hero --too
------all-- you --have --to-- do

is --believe--------------------------------
Last edited by geotalon on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:51 am, edited 46 times in total.
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kia #383 - Adopt me!

Postby aurora & bloom » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Reserved uvu

texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
        ...Hi! This account is shared by Aurora
        ...and Sadbloom. If you would like to
        ...contact Bloom for art, please message
        ...her at DeviantArt. No requests, sorry.
        texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext
aurora & bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Caribbean

Postby Doodles » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:58 pm

CARIBBEAN

THE TRAVELER
    afraid of the sea

username
    doodles;. However please call me anything you find suitable for yourself. If you find typing up "dee" or "doo" is easier than "doodles", than by all means go ahead. I'm not picky on what im called, I don't demand a certain name, I just ask that im not called it or you.

name
    Caribbean Vesper Kurtis. I look at the plus parts of him and immediately I think of the crystal clear waters off in the Caribbean coast. Caribbean is also called 'Kurt' for short. He prefers being called that over his own name, for it's a short version of his last name and he finds it to be a better suit than being called an ocean all the time. His Mother held onto her last name from her family, rather than her husbands. However, Caribbean ran with it.

ImageImage
Gender........ Age........... Birthday
Male............ 24............. June 18th

Sexual Preference........... Sizes............. Zodiac...........
Males, Gay...................... 22in by 71in...... Gemini

MEET N' GREET

Con's Of A Personality

☒ Rude ● Blunt ● Persistent ● Overconfident
    On the outside, most would find Caribbean quiet the show off. Most consider him, when they first meet him, to be the kind of boastful jerk that brags about all his life-long accomplishments. While this is partially true, they only know literally half of /who/ he is. Caribbean 'on the outside' has a sort of resentful 'shell' to push out all the nasty people. One might call it a force-field to keep those with purely bad intentions out, and those with good intentions in.
    Being a ex-military solider he usually keeps a simple rude and business look to himself. He tries to best to keep himself together even at the worst of times, he figures it's best to stay composed or nobody takes you seriously. Especially with a 'job' like his. Caribbean can be a blunt and brutal jerk at first meet, and he certainly doesn't lack the mouth. However, he isn't a typical brute. He has a pretty obvious soft spot when you first meet him. He doesn't give off the unwelcoming feeling that others might give off. It's more of warning feeling if anything.
    Caribbean likes to keep a clean profile publically. Mostly to look good when he's out working on his hobbies; people don't want to see/hear about ex-criminals shifting through abandoned gold mines, because most then get to be wary. He doesn't seem patient to begin with, and down deep he probably isn't. Though; if you ever just meet him and you're standing in line with Caribbean be ready or an ear chatter of complaints.
    In this case it's a 'judge a book by their cover' case. Caribbean can be rude, grumpy, and quiet blunt hen you first get to know him. He doesn't go around flirting and grabbing every chance up to make wiggly eyebrows at some girl, no. He's composed and a silent thinker. He doesn't try to drive into people's minds, he makes them squirm by letting the drive into /his/ mind. Caribbean isn't an easy shell to crack into, and while some call him an impossible case; he isn't. Caribbean needs more than tender love and care to have him open up a bright side of him to you, he needs trust and a good ground on you.

ImageImage

Pro's Of A Personality

☑ Flirtatious ● Sweet Talker ● Risk-taker
    Caribbean has a lot more scruffy sides to him than just first glance, he's more of a 3D character than explained. Caribbean has a side most find if they just sit for a bit chat. Nothing heart to heart, but rather simple conversation. Light and fun; nothing serious that would provoke a more solider-like personality from him. He hasn't always been a stiff and overconfident kind of guy. There was a point, and there still is a point, when he's rather nice and 'normal' if there /are/ any normal standards. Caribbean can hold a light and quiet happy conversation with funny faces and giggles. It's not that hard of him; it's just the fact you would need to push into him more rather than just dealing with how it 'shell' personality is.
    Caribbean is a sweet talker. From the start you can find him a with a dash of 'flirt' tossed into his conversations with female or feminine characters. It's hard to find him flirting with a man, however it's not impossible. He's a pretty light weight kind of guy. He doesn't take much time to let things hold him down or drown him. Unless of course it's something worth drowning and fighting for. He takes the time to kindle things, but how he kindles them isn't settling down and making an easy life. It's rather keeping on the go and on the fast track around the globe. He figures different airs, temperatures, and scenery is all someone ever really needs to be happy. While this may or may not be true for him; for others it's not even close to a life style. Caribbean is a rough softie, He might be mean and scruffy on the outside; but give it a bit of time and you blossom a little child inside of him.

When you move through a place, it's like moving through time. You can see the rich history and culture captured in the area, but once you leave, you leave it behind. It's like the changing of history. Something is there, but only so long before to changes. History is rich, and allows us to learn things most people might not know. Just cracking open a book about some fictional character doing a leap of faith, or swinging on a rope across a swamp is history. Someone took time in their precious life to write it; to tell a story. Our lives, our history, and our future is just a story. Sometimes it's yet to be written out in a book, but trust me. Some point you're name will be mentioned somewhere, some time. You will be part of a story in the making, being written by not only the best; but the greatest. So next time you think you're nothing, just remember a whole story was made up about an old man delivering presents to children, and soon became history.

The Fathering

Born June 18th, to a single mother Marianne Luise Byon (bay-own). It wasn't far off in the country away from civilization, it wasn't tragic and written in inks made from tearful water and pens. He had quiet the fun little childhood. He was happy; and for the most part it wasn't tragic. His Father hit up his mom in the bathroom of a restaurant and ran off as soon as he found out she was having a kid. There has been no Dad in his life, and as far as Caribbean was concerned he didn't need one. Time of course changed and as he got to be an 'older' kid it wasn't just about crayons and candy from the doctors office. He cared about a lot more things. He cared a lot less about others. He didn't run around demanding to go outside and play with chalk anymore than he wanted to do school work. Sure he thought of 'old times' from time to time but he never bothered to try them out. Times moved on and he just didn't care about the childish things he used to love when he was young. He cared more about his Mother, and what she was going to do when he got older. He didn't love seeing her sad and lonely, especially when he got home from sports or school. Just sitting a lone in their big old house; doing who knew what. It wasn't a life he would love, so surely is wasn't a life for his Mother. In his small wisdom on life he'd grown to know that there were two different 'balances' in the world. Good, and bad. Good the greatness of the world that at times put smiles on peoples faces and smothered others in love. Bad; the darkness that could consume you by the whole and take no mercy on darkening you're heart to the color of ash, cold as iron. To him the world was run by a good balance, one of which that kindled everyone's hearts. Allowing them to be happy with or without a partner. This was wrong for his mother of course, she was 'dying of 'loneliness', as some said. Caribbean of course didn't quiet understand what was going on. Only that his mother was sad and quiet unhappy.

Once upon a time people believed in happy endings, his Mother had always said. "Until they reach disaster.." Caribbean listened quiet as his Mother read from one of their classical story books. He wasn't sure what this one was about. Usually he just sat and pretended to listen, his mind drifting off to other things. Him dressed as a pirate fighting for his life in an ocean of monsters. Sometimes he was one of the three Musketeers battling their way to save a dear lady. His Mother stopped, a delightful smile on her face as she looked up from the book. At first Caribbean had yet to hear to knock, but the second time it filled the room he noticed it. Getting up on his knees he turned to the door; watching. His Mother of course was already there giggling and waving to a man in a business suit. "Oh Snait you made it!" She exclaimed, running into his arms suspended in his arms. Caribbean made a childish gag face and returned to the chair to grab his story book. "MOOOOOOM! You weren't done reading it yet.." Caribbean grumbled, ignoring the strange man in the house. He had heard his Mother talk in her sleep about a 'Snait', but always thought it was some fictional character, like in his books. She dismissed him with a wave of her hand, her eyes trained on the man in the room. Caribbean puffed out his cheeks, unhappy with this new arrangement. While he might have only been 12 or so, he understood what love was. Before he could complain once more, the fellow who had been holding his mother for quiet some time let go of her. His heart lifted a little, maybe the man was leaving? He'd begun walking away from her, though in a direction he didn't like at all. Towards himself, which could mean a few things. His thought process didn't go far before his mind was flooded wit the words of this man; smooth and silky. He could see why his Mom liked the man. He looked handsome, and his words were like butter on buns. He almost couldn't help himself from 'snorting'. "You know, it's not polite to stare young man." He had teased. Caribbean hadn't taken it lightly of course, and pursed his lips. He almost whispered, 'do I look like I care?', but he didn't want to disappoint his Mother in any way. He didn't open his mouth to reply, just stood there watching him. The man turned away from Caribbean and back to the lady he'd been holding; Caribbean's Mother. They seemed happy, and like they had interacted much before he'd come over. That was probably why his Mother wasn't home at times on the weekend, or sometimes she forced him to stay with a sitter while she 'went out for some alone time.'
    Finally turning to him, his Mother smiled. It almost seemed artificial like the plastic dolls in stores, with their smiles that had been painted on them. "We have some wonderful news Vesper baby." She had crooned, looking at her son affectionately like any mother does to her child. "Sanni is going to be moving in with us dear.". Caribbean's face quickly turned to mush, "How long?" He groaned to his Mother; hoping it wasn't a permanent residence at their home. Maybe he was just renting a room like Ms. Robinson had done a year ago when her husband had forced her out of her very own apartment. His Mother shook her head, a look of distress on her face. Had she wanted him to be happy about this? Did she expect him to be jumping around in joy at the new man taking up home in /their/ house? "This isn't a temporary stay, he's staying because.. well.." Her words grew quiet, either her sentence had not been finished or she just mushed the words together to the point he didn't understand them and they had grown smaller in volume. The man was speaking up now, 'Sanni' his mother had called this man, he'd thought his name was Snait? Maybe he had confused the two names, either that is was a nickname like his mother had given Caribbean. She liked to give people nicknames, it was like an affection for others. "What you're Mother was going to say is, we're getting married." It was a blunt answer from the man, but he knew it was true. His Mother had nodded happily, and balanced herself on her tiptoes to lay a small kiss on his cheek. Caribbean of course, had never looked more disgusted at something in his life. It took him a moment to register this man was moving in on his life, taking control of everything. This man would be 'man' of the house. Maybe he'd love Caribbean's Mom, and she wouldn't be sad. What about him though, he was going to lose everything that mattered to him. He wouldn't be the only love in his Mother's heart. This man would be there taking up space too. Caribbean turned around quickly, his face about ready to burst into tears. Running forward he ran straight out the door; slamming it as soon as his feet touched the cement floor of the front path. There were only a few places he went to, to vent to himself. The ditch, and his tree. The tree however was so close to the home it just wouldn't work out. Running forward once more he bolted to the ditch, it was behind all the houses on the block. So he'd have to run on the paved road for a bit before he could get to dirt again, however his mind was so full of mixed emotions and thoughts it didn't matter to him.
    His sides heaving from the run, Caribbean slid down the side of the ditch to where the water passed through one ditch to another. It was a large plastic tube-like pipe. It smelt horrible, and the moldy trash floating inside looked worse than it smelt. No matter how upset he was, he didn't plan stepping a foot into there. Instead he sat at the banks of the ditch, his shorts touching the cement while he toyed with a stick in the ugly waters. A putrid smell had filled the air around the ditch, but he didn't mind it too much. He spent a lot of time down here skipping rocks or pretending he had to get across to save someone from the arms of evil. This time however, it was more of a safe thinking place where he could talk to himself out loud without an interruption. Pulling his knees up to his chest, Caribbean wrapped his arms around them. Tucking them close to himself, burying his head in his legs he began to cry. He didn't shed tears much in his life, however when he did it was for some time.
    As the last of his tears dripped down his face, he felt a warm hand rubbing his shoulder. Of course he didn't know who or what was touching him, so first instinct was to jump up and face whatever it was; which he did. Standing before him was his Mother, a few dried tears on her face, her arms wrapped around her stomach and a warm unwavering smile plastered onto her face. "I found you, Caribbean." She whispered, lurching herself forward, embracing him in quiet the hug. Caribbean held onto his Mother, his hands digging into her shirt to hold on. "Im sorry, it's just.. I don't even know him and you're getting married." he whispered, almost too afraid to make the words audible. He let them out of his mouth though, and it was too late to take them back now. Another reassuring hand touched his back, thicker and 'stronger'. It was a male hand, and of course there was no doubt in his mind it was his mom's fiancé. "You might not know me, but doesn't mean you can't learn to know me. I'm not some evil man here to swoop in on all the love, little man." He felt the man's hand ruffle his hair softly, and playfully. He began to feel a flutter, a small flutter, but a flutter; in his heart. "I.. I know." Caribbean whispered, looking down a bit; still latched onto his Mother. He'd learn to live with the man. Like him or not he'd learn to live with him until the day he didn't have to.

Pending War

Caribbean padded quietly through the square, his bag bumping against his thighs as he moved. He looked at a few booth shops from time to time, but didn't really stop much. Most the shops consisted of exotic fruits that could be found there, others were hand crafted items, made with time and love by locals. He glanced around a corner or two, but didn't say much other than that. He stopped quickly, seeing a flash of green bolt past him. Stepping back quickly he narrowed his eyes, looking in the direction the pelt had gone. Caribbean raised his ears, flicking them left and right so he could listen in different directions. His ears worked in an odd way, didn't mean he didn't like them though. He stepped forward, to investigate; only to snap around seeing a flash of redish brown, fire maybe, flash pas him as well. Suspicious grew in him quicker than wildfire; he wasn't a runner but he had no intentions of fighting near or in town. He bolted forward, he'd have to make it to the hill side to have any chance at this point. he heard the obvious thunder of foot steps behind him, but didn't turn. It wasn't fear for himself that kept him running, it was fear of people seeing a fight breaking out. These were calm and simple people; they didn't exactly fight much. They were calmer people he'd found that out pretty quickly.
    Caribbean found himself on the hill side pretty quickly, glancing around trying t find where the pelts had gone. He let out a deep breath and looked down at his paws; calming himself so he could think quicker and easier. He heard a loud rustle, more than one body moving through some tall grass. Quickly Caribbean perked his eyes; looking upward. He only found himself surrounded, four to one. Caribbean glanced around at the competition, a fire boy. What a surprise, a green booger, a different colored eyes vicious looking fellow; and a girl that looked like she didn't want to be there. Caribbean took that to his advantage, she's be the weak side of the group. Jumping to the left he leapt to the side of her; causing the kias to turn to his direction. Giving a small wink to female he twisted around and bolted up the hillside. No matter how much he loved to get into trouble; the odds of winning a 4 x 1 fight weren't all the great. Caribbean looked at the different kiamaras. Everyone had a weakness, however no one had a single weakness visible. Caribbean bit the inside of his lip. He knew when was and wasn't the time to fight; and now was a time to flee. "I'd love to stay and chat but I have places to be and people to see!" He shouted triumphantly; turning around once more and bolting. He'd get his chance to be a show off; but then just wasn't the time to do so. He could hear the pitter patter of their feet behind him, running through the brush just like he was. It was an open area, so he was obviously seen. He had to make it to a crowded area and fast, otherwise he might just not have a great chance of making it out of there everything in tact. He thought for a moment; the village. Shops everywhere and people moving about trying to get somewhere and a small amount of time. The perfect place to lose a tail. He grinned, speeding up a bid. Not by much as if he went any fast he'd probably trip over himself and then he'd really be in a knot. The city was in the opposite direction though so he couldn't turn back to it; he would risk injury or getting caught. Sighing heavily he continued racing forward, his paws pushing into the damp ground. Caribbean stopped dead in his tracks; ocean. He heard an ocean. "Damnit of course.." He huffed, picking his pace up once more. He could hear them hot on his tail and sit there any longer he might as well consider himself lunch meat. He was quiet fearful of the ocean; but he cared more for his life than his mentality. He braced himself as he jumped forward. He landed on a slippery rocking; he's jumped from the brush to the rocking in a single quick jump. Nothing fancy just a quick transition. He could hear the growls of the others; circulating him to find a weak point. Of course they only had so much space to circle as his back was facing the water. Giving a single wave to them he spun around and jumped. This wasn't the first time he'd been in water or leapt into it for that matter. He was very fearful of water and always considered it one of those things that set him off into a small panic. He jumped quickly diving in forward; some how though he got flipped around in the air and fell into the water feet first.

He could feel the water swirling around him as his paws kicked furiously to get him to the top of the water. His jaw was clenched open and water flooded into his mouth trying to force him to drown. His eyes were wide open, the salt water stinging furiously. He could feel darkness slowly creeping into the picture, making him fight harder to reach the surface of the water. He broke the surface, though water had already forced him near drowning. The second oxygen tried to make its way into his lungs he began coughing continuously. His paws instinctively paddled forward to the rocky shore. Quickly looking up he saw angered faces of three out of the four kiamara's. He didn't snicker or taunt them; the jump enough knocked the energy straight out of him. Waving to them out of spite he padded forward, to the town. The shore would lead there and he'd be able to get a way back into the Hawaiian islands. He didn't hear their yells of protest anymore; obviously. They'd have to go through the forest and on the hillsides before they got to the town. He just had to take the beach a little ways and he'd make it to the small little place. He quickened his pace, knowing if he kept it at a small little walk they'd beat him there before he even got half way. He was determined to get out of the area before they found him; or where he was going. That would surely spill disaster for the job he was doing. Something had to stop him every time didn't it? Snorting he ran in the direction of the town. his lungs were clear and he count breath easily now, which made it perfect so he could run.
    He saw signs of life; people packing up their stands for the night. No disruption yet had occurred in the town, which meant the four had yet to reach the place. Though he doubted all four would come, the girl had looked as though she honestly didn't want to be there. One less for him to avoid, so he didn't mind that. Pacing himself through the town he looked for the tour guide that had brought him here in the first place. He'd need a lift back to the islands to finish what he'd started. Spotting the man he dashed forward, a delightful grin on his face. He was pleasant to do business with; he'd figured this out already before he had even landed on the shore earlier in the week. "I need a small lift back." he announced, the second he'd found himself in front of the man for the third time during the week. The sighed, running a hand through his hair. "The fairs will be doubled.. it's been a slow week y'now." Caribbean rolled his eyes at that man, "That wont be a problem, as long as we get a move on /now/." he persisted. With a quick nod from the man, they headed to the helicopter, it was an old unstable looking thing but it did the job right. He could hear a commotion in the square, running and shouting. They'd made it finally; though by the time they got to the launch pad they'd be up in the air. Caribbean smiled, leaning out the side of the copter and looking down at the grown; a big goofy grin on his face. "Nice try! Better luck when you have a next time!" he shouted over the loud engine, he felt something whisk past his ear, rushing past his hair. "yesh" he huffed loudly, slamming the door on the side of the helicopter shut. He was on he was to where he needed to be, and they were empty handed. He figured it was a day well done as of then.

Disorders
    Water
    Caribbean has a fear of water, that causes his taught ability to swim to be forgotten the second he this the water. On most occasions when he comes near water of any sort he generally begins to drown. On more than one time, he has drowned and needed rescuing. He's a bit of a daredevil and usually jumps in water thinking he'll be over it this time or that time, and the drowning happens all over again. It's not an actual fear of the substance /water/ alone, but rather large bodies of in in which someone(s) could be in or swim in. Basically enough where you could fall in and drown to death.

Darkness
    Caribbean cannot stand the darkness, not unless there is light somewhere in it. For example; sometimes he goes on cave exhibitions. At times it get quiet dark because of the obvious, its a cave. Without a light of any sort it's assured he'll panic. Not the best thing seeing as at times he has to make his way through the pitch black, without a light. Out under the night sky is fine; as there is light. It's pitch black places that scare him. Places you can't even see a bit in front of you; almost as though you're eyelids are shut.

Guns
    Caribbean, while he is a man that wields weapons; he refuses to use or be around guns. They scare the living daylights out of him. The first issue with them, is they make a loud noise unless you have a compressor. That noise always seems to hurt his ears and give him ear aches which isn't uncommon; but it isn't happening to every guy shooting off a gun. Secondly the fact they hold such power and responsibility in sometimes such a small package gets to him. A gun shot off, could kill someone in less than a second once the bullet is fire. In the blink of an eye you would have to make a life or death decision unless you can shoot them somewhere else on the body. He hates that feeling of weighed responsibility when he uses a gun or is around on. Slowly over the years he's come to fear guns more and more until the point being in the same room as one drives him nuts.

Obsessions
    Poker
    Caribbean has a thing for making bets, win or lose he loves to take that gamble. Not knowing for sure if you'll make a wrong move, or if the day is just you're lucky day. It's ended up being a prime addiction of his, playing against the odds. Generally he used to not gamble in poker and more or less did it in his day to day adventures. However, after a small visit to Las Vegas he ended up enjoying the game greatly. Slowly /it/ became his way to gamble. Let it be known most the time he doesn't win; and it's basically the biggest reason why he does quick jobs for people with large sums of pay. He has a lot of debt due to poker.

Traveling
    Caribbean has a sort of 'problem' where, if he doesn't travel at the least on a weekly basis he begins to get antsy. Thus the result of his wide job 'range'. He travels to all parts of the world, finding new things to do, visiting new cultures, and testing the limits. Instead of being home sick, he gets sick of 'home'. He travels far and wide, and staying places longer than a certain time makes him feel the need for adventure and the thrill of something new. He knows at one point in his life he'll have just about seen and done everything there is to do. Until that point comes though, there is no price or limit that will stop him from traveling far and wide; taking on the challenges thrown and given to him

✓ Travel
    ✓ Tropical Weather
    ✓ Poetry
    ✓ Exploration

Dislikes
    ✗ Ocean Water
    ✗ Darkness
    ✗ Present Date created weapons/Guns
    ✗ Fairy Tales
    ✗ Severe Storms

Explaining Carina
    Caribbean does indeed, like any good person; has a little 'apprentice' as he likes to call Carina. Though he has yet to venture with her out of the states and Brazil, he hopes to travel with her to Spain quiet soon. He does his best to not take the more heated jobs when he has Carina around, at least until she's older that is. Caribbean takes care in not degrading her for being female. Some others could brush her off and say she can't do the things males can do; but in all honesty sometimes a woman's touch makes things a whole lot better.
    Caribbean does his best to not push the limits with yer, just for the fact she's still quiet young and thus she doesn't have the same amount of experience as Caribbean, but doesn't mean she doesn't pack a punch. He refuses to trot around and treat her like a sidekick. He treats her like a student, in a rebellious sort of manner. He doesn't run around and and tell her to jump off of buildings without a parachute. He teaches her how to do things as they come up, prepping her only time to time if he knows they're going to encounter something. Caribbean generally likes to take her on things where they can swipe something together; but still run into that moment where you have to run and think fast, or fall forward and mess up. He's pretty happy with his apprentice/friend. It isn't just a student x teacher relationship, but rather a friendship slowly strengthening itself.

"I have a small dream, one that I hope will arrive gift wrapped in the long future ahead. I will grow old at some point; I won't always be this lithe man running around lost and found over and over again. At some point I will hit the peak of the mountain, and it will be a steady and rapid roll down. I've seen it happen over and over again, and I know it is bound to come. My dream is to retire quietly, in one big bang. A last minute blow out I suppose; and this happily sit off on some personal tropical island away from others. It would be peaceful, and quiet. Maybe i'll live my days there with a lady friend; maybe I won't. We'll just have to see what that road has to offer. I do however, deeply wish to rot away from civilization once I hit 'the top of the hill' so my roll down will be tucked away and happy. I don't want to be running around like a child my entire life; if anyone ever honestly dreams of that they're churlish. I have my mind set on more than just seeing what's out there to offer. I want to be able to settle down one day and just enjoy myself. Not constantly checking behind me to make sure im not in danger, or doubling checking the backseat to make sure a stranger didn't end up in the back. I want to be able to live somewhere and be happy; relaxed, and free."

Last edited by Doodles on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 54 times in total.
Doodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby goddle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Reserved
LOL I love how you said "may the odds be in your favor" :lol:
my friends
Image People with this sign are said to have these characteristics:

Kind, sensitive, elegant, artistic, lucky, cautious, flexible, good friend.

Can be moody, shy, lazy, opportunistic.
goddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pine. » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 pm

So gorgeous ;o; Marking because I'm helping someone (already chose someone so please don't ask me if I could help you or who it is. It's a surprise ;o;)
Last edited by Pine. on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Art State wrote:Commissions:
-Closed
Art Trades:
-Closed
Requests:
-Closed
My Links wrote:Ask.fm:
-X
DeviantArt:
-X
Ceirals:
X
No longer on chickensmoothie, please contact me via deviantart

Pine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:01 pm

reserved with the name Wheatley for obvious reasons. eue

PORTAL WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ADVENDIR » » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:08 pm

[img]1[/img]
[img]2[/img]
[img]3[/img]
[img]4[/img]
[img]3[/img]
[img]2[/img]
[img]1[/img]
U S E RN A M E | ADVENDIR »

N A M E | BRINK [ like 'on the brink' ]

G E N D E R | MALE

P E R S O N A L I T Y|

---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---

B A C K G R O U N D|

( work in progress )

M E M O R I E S |

THE NEW BABE
( work in progress )

HIDING IN FEAR
( work in progress )

COMING HOME
( work in progress )

W E A K N E S S |

S T R E N G T H |

A R T |
Last edited by ADVENDIR » on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

im the sugar queen, sweetie

name; barista gender; female
sexuality; pansexual
comms; open status; depressed
roleplays; none

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
the art to the left was made by horrorprince

Having just signed up for higher classes, I won't be on here as much due to
homework. If you want to contact me though, you can send a message and
I should reply relatively soon.
ADVENDIR »

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Houdini the Great

Postby freckledfangirl » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:09 pm

ImageImageImageImage

pick  a  card,  any  card

now  who's  that  young  lady  in  the  back?

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇʀ

Aaah, yes. That little spunk. She's adopting me, and trying to compete against the other
competitors. Although everyone seems lovely, I'd rather go home with this rather dashing human thing.

Hello there! I'm Butter Beer! Nice to meet you Foul! I am a current kiamara fanatic,
and hoping to make this handsome devil, my first kiamara! I have always yearned to own a kiamara,
ever since I have laid eyes on the adopt page. I am very determined and really hope to win one!

m
a
g
i
c
i
a
n

☜ ☞

Last edited by freckledfangirl on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
i am extremely inactive here. find me here. vv

instagram + vine

also im love live trash
freckledfangirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Markus

Postby Tif + Jo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm all over this like a fly on honey >:C -marks-

Thinking of naming him Markus~ <3 But I think reserving names are ridiculous because really, unless you're coming up with your own name language or what not, most names are pretty much free for use eue

-Tif
Last edited by Tif + Jo on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Discord: SierratheSharkDoge#2054
Tif + Jo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me