Cottonwood Ranch Jousting Tournament- Results are available! by ImmyWimmy1

Based on Click to view
Artist ImmyWimmy1 [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cottonwood Ranch Jousting Tournament- Results are available!

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:57 am

Cottonwood: Jousting Tournament

Hello there and welcome to the Cottonwood Jousting Tournament, where you can relive one of the oldest horse and rider sports in the world! Here you will have the chance to not only add one horse, complete with the skills and equipment required to compete in a jousting match, to your collection, but you can also win some fantastic prizes. More information below! ^^

How to Adopt a Jousting Horse:

There will be 20 ready-trained horses up for adoption, each with their own jousting colours and tack. However, trying to gain one of these horses will not be for the faint of heart. In order to gain such a horse and to see if you're ready to take on such a task, each horse's adoption form will require an extra of some sort. This can range from writing three words to some up their personality/a sketch to a detailed history/full piece of artwork.

You can only own one of these horses, to keep it fair for the other combatants, so choose who you apply for wisely. And remember, applying for more than one may guarantee you a horse, but you might not get your favourite one.

How Competing will Work:

Once all 20 horses have been adopted out, then I'll set the dates for both posting your forms and the deadlines for your forms. The forms are as follows:

Code: Select all
Username:
Name of Horse:
Number of Horse:
Your entry:

For your entry, you can choose to do one of the following:

1. A story about the jousting event. Are you waiting for the event to start, facing your opponent or accepting your victory trophy? Maybe you're doing all three!

2. An art piece related to your jousting horse. Will your horse be chillin' out or springing into action?

3. A poem about your horse riding in a jousting match. You can write about a valiant victory or a noble defeat. The choice is yours!

The best five will all receive prizes. Honourable Mentions will also receive a little something.

Rules:

1. You can apply for more than one horse, but you only get one. Once you have got a horse, all other forms by you will be ignored.
2. Please don't complain if you don't get a jousting horse. It's hard enough work for me to make 20 in-between my studies!
3. Don't be bitter towards people who win a horse, even if you really wanted that one. I am the judge and my decisions are final.
4. WIPs are allowed on all horses, but they will be ignored once I begin judging. You will all be notified when I commence judging the horses.
5. All stories, art and poetry must be your own in the actual tournament, but you can use commissions when trying to get a horse.
6. Please don't argue with the final placings- they are final! XD
7. You can keep your horse after the contest.
7. Have fun and get your lances ready!

*subject to change

Prizes:

1st Place: One custom family, one custom w/ tack (of your choice) and one breeding.

2nd Place: One random family, one custom w/ tack (random tack) and one breeding.

3rd Place: One random family, one custom and one breeding.

4th Place: One custom and one breeding.

5th Place: One random horse and one breeding.

Honourable Mentions: One random horse.

List of Horses and Owners:

(Gwen, belonging to myself ;D )
Horse #1. Owned by .FrozenFire.
Horse #2. Owned by Penultima
Horse #3. Owned by TimeLord~Jedi
Horse #4. Owned by snowflop
Horse #5. Owned by Dog-trainer Dropped Out
Horse #6. Owned by Lichenfeather
Horse #7. Owned by sapphirespirit
Horse #8. Owned by K~Dog
Horse #9. Owned by all patched up.
Horse #10. Owned by o s h u n
Horse #11. Owned by shadow59
Horse #12. Owned by SerenWish
Horse #13. Owned by Tynahi
Horse #14. Owned by Spiritstar3
Horse #15. Owned by teresa8oats
Horse #16. Owned by cn_spots
Horse #17. Owned by preppy paws
Horse #18. Owned by ty_tay
Horse #19. Owned by Dark. Dropped out
Horse #20. Owned by Arrows

EDIT: Just to clear things up, as I don't believe I explained it very clearly earlier, those who have their jousting horses do not own them until the end of the tournament and even then they have to have used them in the tournament in order to keep them. If you have won a horse and do not use it, it will be automatically kept back and re-adopted out or kept by me. You may not order breedings from them yet, however if you have already ordered a breeding and it has been accepted and completed, you may keep the foal. It's my fault for not explaining it clearly earlier and I do apologise for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ImmyWimmy1 4/2/2014 wrote:~~~~Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls! I am~~~~ ~~~~pleased to declare this tournament open!!!~~~~

***The following PM has been sent to all of the entrants:

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:Dear entrant,

I am very pleased to announce that all 20 horses have now been adopted out to their new riders and we are clear to commence the main event: the tournament has begun! This means that you are now allowed to post your forms, since everyone now has an equal amount of time in which to complete their form to the best of their ability. I still have to add a few names on (and alter those with non-Medieval text), but I think you guys have waited long enough for the competition! XD Here's a little reminder of the rules and how the tournament works (available on the first page):

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:How Competing will Work:

Once all 20 horses have been adopted out, then I'll set the dates for both posting your forms and the deadlines for your forms. The forms are as follows:

Code: Select all
Username:
Name of Horse:
Number of Horse:
Your entry:

For your entry, you can choose to do one of the following:

1. A story about the jousting event. Are you waiting for the event to start, facing your opponent or accepting your victory trophy? Maybe you're doing all three!

2. An art piece related to your jousting horse. Will your horse be chillin' out or springing into action?

3. A poem about your horse riding in a jousting match. You can write about a valiant victory or a noble defeat. The choice is yours!

The best five will all receive prizes. Honourable Mentions will also receive a little something.

Rules:

1. You can apply for more than one horse, but you only get one. Once you have got a horse, all other forms by you will be ignored.
2. Please don't complain if you don't get a jousting horse. It's hard enough work for me to make 20 in-between my studies!
3. Don't be bitter towards people who win a horse, even if you really wanted that one. I am the judge and my decisions are final.
4. WIPs are allowed on all horses, but they will be ignored once I begin judging. You will all be notified when I commence judging the horses.
5. All stories, art and poetry must be your own in the actual tournament, but you can use commissions when trying to get a horse.
6. Please don't argue with the final placings- they are final! XD
7. You can keep your horse after the contest.
7. Have fun and get your lances ready!

*subject to change

And a quick reminder for those of you who haven't already read this notice (also available on the front page):

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:EDIT: Just to clear things up, as I don't believe I explained it very clearly earlier, those who have their jousting horses do not own them until the end of the tournament and even then they have to have used them in the tournament in order to keep them. If you have won a horse and do not use it, it will be automatically kept back and re-adopted out or kept by me. You may not order breedings from them yet, however if you have already ordered a breeding and it has been accepted and completed, you may keep the foal. It's my fault for not explaining it clearly earlier and I do apologise for this.

(Basically means that if you don't fill out a form (or withdraw from the competition) you don't keep the horse.)

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you enjoy the tournament. See you there! ^u^

Best wishes,

ImmyWimmy1

P.S. The link for those who might have lost it: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2021013

---

End date: Wednesday 5th March 2014

~~~I hope that you all have fun!~~~

ImmyWimmy1 4/2/2014 wrote:Thank you for bringing this to my attention .FrozenFire.:

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:
all patched up wrote:Ok, I'm gonna start doing jousting research! Are we allowed to do all three?

Sure, but only if you feel you have enough time to do so. Please don't over-work yourselves on top of your real lives!

I profoundly apologise to everyone I told otherwise! I completely forgot that I said this! :oops:

Please feel free to do a combination of however many you want, but try not to overload yourselves at this busy time of year! <3
Last edited by ImmyWimmy1 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 am, edited 36 times in total.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cottonwood Ranch Jousting Tournament

Postby ty_tay » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 am

*Watching*
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:53 am

ooooh :D -watches-
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am

Goodness Immy, what an event! I hope it goes well! XD So many horses!
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:23 am

ty_tay wrote:*Watching*

Thank you! ^^

sapphirespirit wrote:ooooh :D -watches-

Thank you! ^^

SerenWish wrote:Goodness Immy, what an event! I hope it goes well! XD So many horses!

Thank you! ^^ Hopefully, as I plan to space it out a lot for everyone, it should be successful. ^^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 am

Btw, I made Gwen, a non-competing horse, just so that you guys can see the tack:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2021167

She should hopefully give you an idea about what you're competing for! ^^ First horse is coming up!!! :mrgreen:
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrows » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:09 pm

tracking. cool!
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Stalking them... Waiting for perfect one.. ^^

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .FrozenFire. » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Wow, Immy you really pull CWHR forwards. <3
Good luck with all those pretty horses. :3

---------------------------------------------------
ON HIATUS - Real life caught me and I must focus on solving a huge problem...
I'm from Germany , and german is my first language.

Image Image
Character Thread

Art by me. =>
.FrozenFire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups