Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Shugorei #36

Postby Mihochi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:35 pm

.lullaby wrote:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[[ username ;;
hello all, I'm lullaby ;; - but please feel free to instead call me cas instead. I know this is obviously not about me, but I just would like to clarify something. the name cas comes from an old username I had that I'd just changed to this one not too long ago. that username was outcast; and it had just picked up to calling me cas instead and since there isn't any real way to shorten lullaby, I figured I would just stick with that nickname.
okay, now, moving on ...

[[ shugorei name ;;
his name is Morpheus, but he is more likely to go by his nickname of Morph because he feels that the name Morpheus makes him sound too old for his youth, so he dubbed himself with the nickname, and it's been around ever since.
Morpheus is a Greek name that is derived from the word morphe which means 'form, or, shape.' In mythology, this was the name of the god of dreams and I found the name to be quite fitting for his coloring and the look about him, which just, for some reason, made me think of dreams

[[ gender ;;
Morpheus is indeed a male, as it's fairly easy to see by looking at his features that are, though they are quit beautiful, definitely on the masculine side of things instead of feminine. he is quite proud of his gender, as he would much prefer being a boy over a girl, which I suppose is a good thing since that's what he is.
[[ affinity ;;
pure
his affinity would be that of purity, which goes quite well with his personality.
[[ personality ;;
Morpheus, or Morph, is really a very sweet Shugorei. He's a bit on the quiet side and rather reserved, but he really is very sweet. he'll help you with whatever you need help with no matter how hard the task might be, and he'll never complain over it either nor will he ever show some sign of regret for helping you because he probably won't feel it. Morph is also rather selfless because he puts others before himself every time. He will take your emotions and your feelings about someting into consideration before his own to ensure that you will be happy with whatever it is. this is a contributing factor as to why Morph is a good friend to those he actually trusts enough to open up to, because of his selflessness and his want to help and make sure everyone is happy. He's also very loyal, much like a watch dog in some cases. You know that really big secret you were keeping locked up inside because you didn't think you could trust anyone to keep it? Yeah, tell Morph; he'll keep it. He'll take it to his grave even. He understands that it is your privacy and that if you don't want him to tell anyone he will respect you decision and won't tell anyone. Simple as that. Morpheus also tends to be on the shy side. He's not exactly socially awkward, he's just not as good at talking to others as what other shogurei might be. Morph just is never sure how to start a conversation with someone, so he normally doesn't. But if you start one with him, then he's sure to find a way to keep it going and make sure that you both can walk away feeling good about talking. However, Morpheus can sometimes get a bit protective over anyone he cares about
[[ how we met - written from my viewpoint;;
It had happened. The nightmares had returned again. It had been so long since they'd infiltrated my mind and robbed me of countless nights' sleep. I just wanted sleep. I was so, so tired but I knew that the moment I closed my eyes was the minute that horrid thing would return back to my mind and I would be left running through my dreams, looking for an escape that simply wasn't there. That's why I was where I was. And the was happened to be a forest. Call me crazy if you want, and I probably was for deciding to go walking at this late an hour, but it had proven time and time again to be the only thing to calm me down after a nightmare. So I had gotten dressed and gone for a walk.
The still night air of the forest was beautifully peaceful and I could hear the faint sounds of the nocturnal animals moving about as they did their nightly rituals. It was a comforting place to be in my opinion and I really loved nothing more than to do this. Some people might be scared of forests at night, but I really quite loved it. I could lose myself here in my world of thought, and I wouldn't have to worry about being interrupted. It was for more reasons like this that I chose this forest to go walking in at night, and I had done this so many times I easily knew my way about. But tonight was different. Tonight I was really depraved of sleep and I was feeling it pretty badly. I was just stumbling through, barely able to walk over the fallen logs and sticks, just barely able to keep my balance.
That's when I heard it; the snapping of something stepping on a twig. Normally, I would dismiss this as a deer or some other normal creature, but something inside my sleep depraved mind told me that this was no deer. Instantly my sense perked up and I looked around for the source. I was too far in the forest to have hopes of making it out should this thing want to eat me alive or something. My eyes searched frantically for the creature. Some bushes to my left ruffled and I looked over. There, coming out from the bushes, was the strangest looking creature I had ever seen. It reminded me of a fox, though its hears were abnormally long and it eyes were glowing a beautiful, bright blue. The thing that really made it stand out was its wings. Yes, wings. This creature had wings on its back that were a pretty shade of blue and it had different trinkets around its legs, neck and hanging from its ears.
I took a step back.
The creature stepped forward.
Another step back
Another step forward.
I watched it. It didn't seem to want to hurt me at all.
That's when it spoke.
"What's wrong my dear?" He asked, his voice silky smooth with a friendly tone to it. He tilted his head to the side a little, causing a faint tinking noise as his necklace moved.
My eyes widened. It just talked. To me. It talked to me. I was both terrified and confused. Fumbling for words I finally was able to get out. "I-uh-I had a bad dream," I said, realizing how stupid that sounded.
He chuckled a little, sitting down calmly and wrapping its tail about himself. "Oh, I see. And you went out walking to get rid of your nightmares?" He asked, sounding genuinely concerned and curious, which surprised me, though I nodded.
"Yeah ... "
"Come with me," he said, standing back up and nodding for me to follow him, which I did - though I had no clue why.
I followed the strange creature further into the forest, distantly figuring I was going to die. But after a moment I realized there had been nothing he had done so far to warrant that.
The creature led me up to a gentle stream where he sat down. "Please sit with me. I'm not going to harm you," he said, and I obliged.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Morpheus, but please, call me Morph. I sound like an old man otherwise," he said with a chuckle, and I nodded. "What is your name, human?" He asked.
I told him and he nodded, looking out over the water. We sat together like this for quite some time before he started singing. Well, it wasn't really singing, there were no words. It was like a melody, but not one by an instrument. I'm not sure what it was really, but I do know it was highly comforting and soothing and I remembered how I tired I was. The longer I listened, the more tired I grew. Eventually I had to lean against Morpheus in order to stay upright. I don't know how much longer, but eventually I fell asleep, Morph curled around me like a pet watch dog, his wings he used as a sort of blanket for me. That night, as I fell asleep to the Shugorei's singing, I had no nightmares. Not one.
And that's how I met my Shigurei.
Last edited by Mihochi on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mihochi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Morpheus

Postby mydadleftme » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 am

[[ username ;;
hello all, I'm lullaby ;; - but please feel free to instead call me cas instead. I know this is obviously not about me, but I just would like to clarify something. the name cas comes from an old username I had that I'd just changed to this one not too long ago. that username was outcast; and it had just picked up to calling me cas instead and since there isn't any real way to shorten lullaby, I figured I would just stick with that nickname.
okay, now, moving on ...

[[ shugorei name ;;
his name is Morpheus, but he is more likely to go by his nickname of Morph because he feels that the name Morpheus makes him sound too old for his youth, so he dubbed himself with the nickname, and it's been around ever since.
Morpheus is a Greek name that is derived from the word morphe which means 'form, or, shape.' In mythology, this was the name of the god of dreams and I found the name to be quite fitting for his coloring and the look about him, which just, for some reason, made me think of dreams

[[ gender ;;
Morpheus is indeed a male, as it's fairly easy to see by looking at his features that are, though they are quit beautiful, definitely on the masculine side of things instead of feminine. he is quite proud of his gender, as he would much prefer being a boy over a girl, which I suppose is a good thing since that's what he is.
[[ affinity ;;
pure
his affinity would be that of purity, which goes quite well with his personality.
[[ personality ;;
Morpheus, or Morph, is really a very sweet Shugorei. He's a bit on the quiet side and rather reserved, but he really is very sweet. he'll help you with whatever you need help with no matter how hard the task might be, and he'll never complain over it either nor will he ever show some sign of regret for helping you because he probably won't feel it. Morph is also rather selfless because he puts others before himself every time. He will take your emotions and your feelings about someting into consideration before his own to ensure that you will be happy with whatever it is. this is a contributing factor as to why Morph is a good friend to those he actually trusts enough to open up to, because of his selflessness and his want to help and make sure everyone is happy. He's also very loyal, much like a watch dog in some cases. You know that really big secret you were keeping locked up inside because you didn't think you could trust anyone to keep it? Yeah, tell Morph; he'll keep it. He'll take it to his grave even. He understands that it is your privacy and that if you don't want him to tell anyone he will respect you decision and won't tell anyone. Simple as that. Morpheus also tends to be on the shy side. He's not exactly socially awkward, he's just not as good at talking to others as what other shogurei might be. Morph just is never sure how to start a conversation with someone, so he normally doesn't. But if you start one with him, then he's sure to find a way to keep it going and make sure that you both can walk away feeling good about talking. However, Morpheus can sometimes get a bit protective over anyone he cares about
It had happened. The nightmares had returned again. It had been so long since they'd infiltrated my mind and robbed me of countless nights' sleep. I just wanted sleep. I was so, so tired but I knew that the moment I closed my eyes was the minute that horrid thing would return back to my mind and I would be left running through my dreams, looking for an escape that simply wasn't there. That's why I was where I was. And the was happened to be a forest. Call me crazy if you want, and I probably was for deciding to go walking at this late an hour, but it had proven time and time again to be the only thing to calm me down after a nightmare. So I had gotten dressed and gone for a walk.
The still night air of the forest was beautifully peaceful and I could hear the faint sounds of the nocturnal animals moving about as they did their nightly rituals. It was a comforting place to be in my opinion and I really loved nothing more than to do this. Some people might be scared of forests at night, but I really quite loved it. I could lose myself here in my world of thought, and I wouldn't have to worry about being interrupted. It was for more reasons like this that I chose this forest to go walking in at night, and I had done this so many times I easily knew my way about. But tonight was different. Tonight I was really depraved of sleep and I was feeling it pretty badly. I was just stumbling through, barely able to walk over the fallen logs and sticks, just barely able to keep my balance.
That's when I heard it; the snapping of something stepping on a twig. Normally, I would dismiss this as a deer or some other normal creature, but something inside my sleep depraved mind told me that this was no deer. Instantly my sense perked up and I looked around for the source. I was too far in the forest to have hopes of making it out should this thing want to eat me alive or something. My eyes searched frantically for the creature. Some bushes to my left ruffled and I looked over. There, coming out from the bushes, was the strangest looking creature I had ever seen. It reminded me of a fox, though its hears were abnormally long and it eyes were glowing a beautiful, bright blue. The thing that really made it stand out was its wings. Yes, wings. This creature had wings on its back that were a pretty shade of blue and it had different trinkets around its legs, neck and hanging from its ears.
I took a step back.
Another step back
Another step forward.
That's when it spoke.
"What's wrong my dear?" He asked, his voice silky smooth with a friendly tone to it. He tilted his head to the side a little, causing a faint tinking noise as his necklace moved.
My eyes widened. It just talked. To me. It talked to me. I was both terrified and confused. Fumbling for words I finally was able to get out. "I-uh-I had a bad dream," I said, realizing how stupid that sounded.
He chuckled a little, sitting down calmly and wrapping its tail about himself. "Oh, I see. And you went out walking to get rid of your nightmares?" He asked, sounding genuinely concerned and curious, which surprised me, though I nodded.
"Yeah ... "
"Come with me," he said, standing back up and nodding for me to follow him, which I did - though I had no clue why.
I followed the strange creature further into the forest, distantly figuring I was going to die. But after a moment I realized there had been nothing he had done so far to warrant that.
The creature led me up to a gentle stream where he sat down. "Please sit with me. I'm not going to harm you," he said, and I obliged.
"Morpheus, but please, call me Morph. I sound like an old man otherwise," he said with a chuckle, and I nodded. "What is your name, human?" He asked.
I told him and he nodded, looking out over the water. We sat together like this for quite some time before he started singing. Well, it wasn't really singing, there were no words. It was like a melody, but not one by an instrument. I'm not sure what it was really, but I do know it was highly comforting and soothing and I remembered how I tired I was. The longer I listened, the more tired I grew. Eventually I had to lean against Morpheus in order to stay upright. I don't know how much longer, but eventually I fell asleep, Morph curled around me like a pet watch dog, his wings he used as a sort of blanket for me. That night, as I fell asleep to the Shugorei's singing, I had no nightmares. Not one.
mydadleftme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Morpheus

Postby Mihochi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 am

.lullaby wrote:

[[ username ;;
okay, now, moving on ...

[[ shugorei name ;;

[[ gender ;;
[[ affinity ;;
pure
[[ personality ;;
I took a step back.
Another step back
Another step forward.
That's when it spoke.
"Yeah ... "

Congratulations you won him :)
Mihochi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me