HL Artist Comp Entry. by donkeykong

Based on Click to view
Artist donkeykong [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

HL Artist Comp Entry.

Postby donkeykong » Tue May 29, 2012 4:55 am

Design's Theme: Not a specific type, but I based it off of an Okapi, but also added gazelle horns as Okapi's are pretty lacking. The mist I made a green as much of the Okapi's live in rainforest regions and I found the greens complement the overall design. I apologize as a high number of your received entires are Night Mares, but this lineart was really intriguing and I couldn't resist! The additions are the horns which are always a favorite of mine to add and the cracks in the skull which were a more basic line edit. I know my design is more lacking color and actual design wise, but I felt it more important to try and focus on the line edits and do less design, so it wouldn't distract.
Reason You Want to be an Artist: My summer break is almost here, which means I have more time to do art stuff. I also was a frequent artist who made customs on your old thread of Salamandres and have had experience working with you and also working with your lines. That being said, I feel I am still learning methods of art, but working on adoption threads has really helped me to improve my art overall. Also, getting some wishlist pets couldn't hurt. :)
Would You Be Comfortable with Making Customs? Yep. As I said I was a frequent custom maker on the Salamandre adopts, so feel free to use those as reference when looking at old art or my other capabilities. :) I also really enjoyed transforming some creations into the Salamandre art based on a picture of someone's character in dog or wolf form. It was a really great way to tap into my more creative side.
Would You Be Able to 'Breed' Designs?: Sure. I never got the chance on Salamandres, but I feel confident that I could breed two designs together and keep some of the parental attributes, but also add a unique twist. :)

Thanks for letting me enter. I was sad when the Slamandres became retired lines, but am glad to see you branching out with really unique creatures. :)
donkeykong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me