✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby Plushbunny » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:37 am

↬ catvent day: nineteen

↬ username & id: Plushbunny + 858001
    ↬ clan archive: BlizzardClan

↬ word count: 19 words
    ↬ prompt: saplingleaf wanted to find a lily for lilysong. lilies can survive winter, but they're buried under all that snow!
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:44 am

↬ catvent day: nineteen

↬ username & id: Skywardthedragon 935233
    ↬ clan archive: Company of Fools

↬ word count: 115
    ↬ prompt:

Clover actually had a present in mind for Reedy—unfortunately, just how it was, he tripped and broke the one material component he couldn’t replace. He scoured his mind for ideas on a replacement gift, but he just couldn’t think of any!

Eventually, he came up with an idea. The shattered statuette wouldn’t be able to be used for a spell anymore, but he could make it into a piece of art with copper highlighting the cracks! Unfortunately, when he was finished he dropped it again, he smelted more copper for the cracks, then he dropped it again…

By the time he finally had a streak of good luck, the statue was more metal than stone.

Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 19 Results

Postby faelyn » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:00 pm

ImageImageImage

Catvent Day Nineteen Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +75 stardust for participating!

0zero0
        adamented
        aftonbuilt
        angel bugs
        archaeopteryx.
        arrikanez
        artmajor
        coffee.berry
        craig?
        deercan
        dragoness129
        faelyn
        feather '
        galaxyy.
        griff
        grimmratt
        hush
        i like bees
        jay.
        k1ngcl3m3nt1n3
        kennymcnenny
        lili041
        lilyhorse
        mrs
        néktar
        plushbunny
        skywardthedragon
        sunny-skies
        thani
        tomura
        unohdettu.lupaus
        vivika

if you aren't on this list and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by faelyn on Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 20

Postby faelyn » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:01 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Twenty!

Snow falls, a gentle kiss from above, sweeping over one of your cat’s in a shower of silver dust.
The frost twinkles in between fronds of shivering grasses, a shimmer of prismatic hues under the
sun's aura. And here… a memory surfaces. What do they remember? (Feel free to adapt if your clan
doesn't have snow where they're at!)

* All users will earn a prize + we'll also pick some of our favorites for an additional prize!

** A gentle reminder to avoid editing your responses after rollover, even if you missed something
in the form (like inputing the wrong day or forgetting your username) ━ we totally get slipups
like that and your entry will still be counted and perfectly valid if that's ever the case! <3

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] twenty

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b] 000 words; n/a, if only art!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:20 pm

↬ catvent day: twenty

↬ username & id: aftonbuilt 186503
    ↬ clan archive: https://toyhou.se/aftonbuilt/characters/folder:2315966

↬ word count: 548 words
    ↬ prompt:
    The snow was quiet. It wasn't something Starlight was really used to, at least not here.
    He rested his head on his forepaws, shutting his eyes, and he got lost in thought.

"Hey, wait for me!" Starlight scrambled on his paws, falling behind the small group he was following. A brown tabby turned to look over their shoulder to him; he could tell that they weren't pleased with him asking for them to stop walking.
    "Y'know, kid, one of these times we're just going to leave you behind." She sneered. "Keep up or you're on your own."
    "Okay.." Starlight shrunk back, clearly a little upset over what she'd told him. He knew that they didn't like stragglers, but he thought they'd've been nicer him due to his size..
    They continued walking, and Starlight picked up his pace to try to keep up with the bigger cats. It wasn't HIS fault that he was so little! But he would just have to keep up with them the best he could.

After a while of walking, the group slowed to a stop.
    "Alright! We're taking a break for the night. Settle down and we'll be sending cats out to hunt."
    Starlight perked up, looking toward the tabby. She seemed to look at him before she turned to talk to others in her group.
    He hunkered down, tucking his paws underneath him, losing himself in thought.

"Are you sure you want to keep that kid with us?" A black tom asked the tabby as she approached. They made sure to keep their voices low, to make sure he couldn't hear them.
    "We can leave him when we start traveling again." She replied. "If he sleeps in, then we can leave him behind."
    The black tom looked over to him. "It's pretty cold. Do you think if he eats enough he'll sleep for a while?"
    "We can make sure he does."
    "You mean--"
    "Yes, idiot. Find some poppy seeds and we can make sure he's out of our hair."
    "Got it, boss.."
    The black tom walked off, a little worried, but he said nothing. The brown tabby rested her tail over her paws, waiting for the return of the hunting patrol.
    A bit later, both the black tom and the hunting patrol came back, and she collected what she needed from both parties. She was careful to not use too many - she didn't want to harm him, just make sure he couldn't follow the group. She was tired of trying to supervise him.
    She carried it over to Starlight, who perked up when she approached. "Here. You're going to need energy to travel, so eat this and get some sleep."
    "O-Oh, thank you.." Starlight took it, scarfing it down once he'd set it down on the ground. The brown tabby gave a trill as she walked back over to her group, selecting her own prey.
    Once he'd finished eating, Starlight gave a yawn. She did say to get some sleep, since they were traveling in the morning.. And he was certain he would keep up tomorrow!
    Man, he was sleepy...

And he woke up, back on the island.
    Of course he had that dream again.. At least he was somewhere better.
    Despite that, he wondered how that brown tabby she-cat was doing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~

Postby Arrikanez » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:14 pm

↬ username & id: Arrikanez 2105
    ↬ clan archive: The Dark Carnival

↬ word count: 1300 words
    ↬ prompt:

The snow had started falling faster now, thicker, carpeting the entire rusted punishment with a layer of cotton-heavy silence. Winters back in Juridia had never really been this peaceful. The backdrop of white provided a great canvas for memories. Splashes of color on his mindscape. Most of which Viperstar wished he could run from. But was that what this was? Running? In a way, perhaps. Chroma was aiding him in that - fleeing from a life, and from deeds done from a dark place in his heart. A place that was starting to melt, and starting to let light inside.

It had been a night just like this, when he had found kindness for the first time in incarceration. The snow had been falling just like this, and he'd been on the roof of the Hall of Redemption. A misguided name for the fancy modern dungeon he'd been locked up in. They used to let the prisoners out and about during the evenings - provided they were aware of the barriers. Back then, he hadn't had his two henchsnakes. They had been freed ages ago at that point. He'd been alone, up on the roof, watching the sky, counting the snowflakes as they fell when one of that family, the family who kept him here in the first place, had brought him up a snack, and sat beside him to watch the snow fall.

To Ian, his words had been like poetry, his touch like liquid fire it was so cold outside. He'd spoken to him of plans his family had, what Xalneas was going to look like that year, his hopes for the upcoming year... all sorts of pretty nonsense that made no difference to Ian whatsoever. But the gesture - the cookies, sandwich, slice of pie, and a drink, the company, the stream of chatter as though he were one of the young man's friends - not a convicted criminal... it had all sat somewhere deep and fluffy inside Ian's heart.

Ian hadn't spoken back to him very much. Noncommittal nods or gestures. The occasional shake of his head, or a chuckle. But never really tried to hold a conversation. Perhaps he should have. The roof had been cold. The cookies and sandwich had been warm, and the pie sweeter than he liked it. But it was brought to him, given to him of all people - by a stranger that had surely heard of stories, been told what he'd done to end up locked in there. And didn't seem to care.

THAT was what had struck him - even after the young man left. He hadn't had to go there and give Ian anything. Hadn't had to sit there and talk with him about inane topics for almost two hours. Hadn't had to ask how he felt, or what his own plans were when he got out - hadn't had to believe that he WOULD get out. But he had done all that. A son from the family who had caught him in the first place had consciously crawled up onto the roof and done that for him.

It had made him think, and wonder, and - just for a while - hope that there was some sort of redemption for him out there. The things he'd done, the people he'd offed. The laws he'd broken and the rules he'd bent. If there was some way all of that could be made right, then at that moment, he would have grasped it tightly with both hands, and held it close. Held onto that hope that maybe - just maybe - there was something good in him worth saving.

Now, sitting here in the snow, with his cat-tail wrapped around his cat-paws, and watching Fortune's End sleeping beside him, the face of that young man, and the appearance of those cold, dark clouds, the hazy way the moons broke through them. It brought him back to that very moment. Wondering if maybe there was something further in it for him. Something he could do to make this 'redemption' thing work. Even though Chroma believed he was destined to fail.

~You are learning, My Prince.~ Chroma chimed in, just in time.

"What, no hello? No teasing? You've been quiet." Viper said, hunching his shoulders lightly. "Did you get bored of us already?"

~Not so, Viperstar.~ Chroma explained. ~I was attending to... other matters. It would not do to be mired in the morass of a legacy left behind, only to forget the present exists.~

"I'm... going to pretend that I know what that means. I don't - but I'll pretend I do for simplicity's sake." Viper said, staring off across the dark ocean, where he could see it from his tall perch atop the concessions stand that had once been.

~Reliving memories, Ian.~ Chroma said. ~This time of year, it's all I can do to escape them - but sometimes it is wise to indulge in a bit of nostalgia. Yours are not the only lives I've... changed.~ There was a wistfulness to the phrase - something Chroma was not quite saying. Something old, and something sad, and something hard to comprehend. Grief, loss, maybe something more.

Viperstar went quiet again, looking out into the eyes of the moon. "Is that reason why everything is rust-colored?" he asked softly. "Why everything here is so sharp, jagged, and cold? You told me StarClan - whoever they are - needs me. Us. But from Fortune's description, this harsh realness, this decay and destruction - that's all you. StarClan seems... full of more warmth than anything else. This place? Isn't."

~... You have your memories, Ian. I have mine. Perhaps a small part of this place is trying to rekindle something I had lost once upon a time.~ There was a sigh. ~One day, I will share that story with you. Just as I expect one day you will share your memories with me.~

"Yeah, no, I don't trust you that much yet. No offense." Viper muttered, tailtip twitching. "You're right though. Maybe someday. Someday when all of this makes sense. When being taken away from the one place I was starting to heal makes any sense." His tone wasn't near as acidic, as the memory from before had softened his tongue a great deal. But it was still not particularly friendly toward the spirit in his head.

~Yes. Perhaps.~ Chroma stated. ~You will learn - despite even your best efforts.~ Chroma said with a sense of finality. ~And in learning, you will become. WHAT you become is up to you, dear Prince.~ The spirit sounded as though he was smiling.

"Still working on what that's going to be." Viperstar decided, looking up at the sky for a moment, then back out to sea. "Maybe it will be something worthwhile, maybe it won't... but memories of the times when I was happy? ... I could do with more of those."

~That, too, is your doing and not mine, sweet Prince.~ Chroma stated. ~Your memories are yours alone. What you see in the snowfall? Is not mine to command or choose. I have no intention of taking - and haven't taken - that from you. You will always have the memories of your past.~

"What about Fortune then? Why is he losing his?" the Ringmaster glanced to the side, where he had a sense that Chroma was, even though there was nothing there.

~That, I do not know. I did not cause that, nor did I wish for it. I will see what I can do to restore those points in his mind - but I make no promises.~

"Well... thank you. For that. For proving you can be kind as well as cruel." The cat sighed, and left off looking at the snow to jump down beside Fortune and curl up there.

~Sweet dreams, my Prince. Remember - a villain is capable of both.~
Arrikanez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:38 pm

↬ username & id: dragoness129 + 3218
    ↬ clan archive: Here

↬ word count: 178 words
    ↬ prompt: Nebraxin remembers the heavy swipe of a paw sending his small form careening several feet to smack into a hard brick wall. His small frail body lay dazed, struggling to regain breath. A dark shadow towered over him, blocking out the midday sun. His eyes felt heavy, darkness encroached on the edges of his vision. His head slumped to the ground as the memory started to fade away.
    Nebraxin shook his head at the memory. He had been small then, struggling to survive and find food. Sometimes he had to fight bigger and stronger cats for something he had discovered. It didn't matter that he had found it first, they were always bigger and stronger and took it from him. Things were different now. He was bigger that that small kit fighting for scraps. He may not have a lot of meat on his bones, but he was very agile. And now he had a friend. Hopefully, there would be more friends in their future, so it would be even less of a struggle to try to survive.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:56 pm

The snow was thick, white flurries of storm and anger. It was training day for apprentices, and the weather wasn't letting up. The day was to important to move or skip. It was up to the warriors to protect the students. Sitting ankle deep in the white was a rather giant cat. Grey, and gold perching on the cold snowy knoll, a sense of seriousness plastered on the face of the main coon mix. She was waiting on the top of the hill for the start of training, her apprentices would shortly follow her trail. She had swept the snow carefully with her large fluffy tail to make things easier for the smaller cats.

behind her followed several kittens of similar sizes. A small white short hair, with a shorter tail then normal and a slightly blue face was first. FumblePaw was their name, and the name they held showed well as they stumbled in the tall snow despite the clearing given to them. Another white cat followed, long fur with blue tail that was long and extra fluffy. Her name was Angelpaw, and her gold eyes made her name very apparent. She was graceful and gentle.

As they approached the mentor with eyes of wonder, not knowing how distracted the adult cat really was. The storm made it difficult to really see their teacher, so the two of them stood in the drift quietly, and contently. It seemed that Lotus was stairing off solemnly and it took a moment before the two dragged her attention away from her thoughts.

The soft voice of the young female Angel spoke upwards to her teacher. "LotusMoon?"

Nothing, it seemed the cat was lost in thought pretty deep. Remembering something more then just a simple thought or dream. Lotus was remembering the day she was trained in the snow.

Another mostly white cat with a black face, and orange patch over one eye. This cat was tall and proud looking down on a kitten that was softer and fluffier then a rabbit. "Lotuspaw, stand straighter, walk taller! You have herbs to catch." This wasn't quite encouraging to the apprentice berried in snow. Despite this, Lotus did her very best to stand tall, and listen to the mentor. She wasn't the only one who thought LittleStripe wasn't built for being an Angel. They seemed better as a hunter but no one questioned their choices.

Lotus was the type to stay quiet, and do what was told, never stand out of line. Always behave. Never once before had she done anything of consequence. A good soul through and through. She bit Little on the leg. Hard. Hard enough to draw blood. Little screamed, eyes widened, but immediately tossed the apprentice off of themselves. "BEHAVE!"

"I'm so sorry. SO sorry."

I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't... I didn't...

~

Lotus turned to the two kittens before her. The eyes filled with wonder, curiosity, and readiness like no other. Young energy spread through them so well. This made Lotus smile softly, but green eyes flashed with anger. "NO." she hissed. The two backed off fearfully, and with Lotus clenching her eyes she fought herself.

A voice sprung within her. "I am in control." Lotus's fur rippled and darkened, but didn't fully change. She hissed again, swiped out at the darkness. A dark tortie face with green eyes looked back at her. "I am in control."

A fight broke out between the two adult cats in the white. Fur flurried and claws flew left and right. Lotus stood on top of the black cat. "Get out."

With that, a flash of white, and two cats stood in front and behind the two kittens. One, Lotus, a large blue cream caliby with high white. Eyes colored with violet fade and white diamond pupils. Ears are curled forward, and fur so long you could hide a couple of cats inside it. The other side a black tortie with orange patch over one eye, and deep green eyes. The two face each other with the intent to attack, but Lotus changes her view. The children come first.

Lotus leaped way over, in a large arc above the two trainees. A large yowl released, and the black cat backed down. It was clear that Lotus meant business. Little did Lotus knew this is what got Moon to leave her. The moment they separated was the large emotion that bolted from the protective cat. To keep her family safe, she was willing to separate herself from the part of her that caused her so much anguish most of her life. Another thing she didn't know was this cat would become a vital part of the clan, despite the darkness in her heart.

Last edited by 0Zero0 on Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:21 pm

↬ username & id: dascanadiansparkle + 523964
      ↬ clan archive: galactic skies

↬ word count: 13 + art
      ↬ prompt:
      It’s not often you can play in the snow with a wolf pup…
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:39 pm

↬ username & id: nektar + 217991
    ↬ clan archive: the groves

↬ word count: 875 words
    ↬ prompt:
    echo was quiet as the snowflakes melted onto her nose, blue eyes looking up longingly into the sky, watching the darkness glittering with specks of white. her memory was one of the worst she’s known in her life. her first heart break. the chill crept into her bones as if she could feel the icy winds that swept that day to the back of her mind. in a single breath she was whisked away.

she had spent the night huddled against her mother, a heavy snowstorm had taken the groves, blanketing all in sight in a brilliant pure white. echo was woken by her mother's coughing,her head shot uprevealing her messy black fur with tufts of grey and white from her mother. the molly's tail flicked with unease as she leaned over to give her mother’s head a few gentle licks. their eyes meeting in the lightening den, "i'm going to get full moon. you stay here." she meowed softly only hearing a simple mumble of appreciation from whisper before turning and exiting the den, her eyes sparkled as she looked out over the groves covered in twinkling white for miles. she breathed in the fresh chilled air and shivered, her fur fluffing against it in protest. she dug her claws into the bark of mother tree and clambered down. she hit the clearing floor with a soft thud, the thick snow crunching under her paws, she was light enough not to sink too deep into it.

though she didn't have to be in the cold for long, she simply turned and padded towards an opening underneath the large roots of their tree, the entrance was shrouded in dried willow leaves and vines. once inside she was met with the smell of herbs. she found full moon hunched over an array of dried leaves and berries, counting and sorting, he didn't seem to noticed the molly. echo cleared her throat, "good morning full moon." she meowed clearly stepped behind the white furred tom. he snatched his head around, his large tufted ears perking at the sound of a visitor. "oh hello echo," his voice was silken and soft. "here for whisper's herbs correct?" the healer nodded towards the small bundle of herbs towards his left, "how does she sound this morning?" he meowed in a lowered tone as he turned back to his herb counting. echo flinched at the question, her tail twirling behind her as her nose felt cold, she padded towards the herbs he had motioned towards. "not very good honestly.. the cold is getting to her." full moon's eyes were on her once again, he pushed himself to his paws and moved closer. echo could barely lift her head to look at him, her heart felt heavy for some reason upon him approaching. she hung her head and batted at the bundle of herbs thoughtlessly. "could you come with me to check on her?" her mew was short and pained, she picked her head up once she felt the warmth of the white tom beside her, his large fluffy tail wrapping around her. "of course." he spoke with a low purr in his throat to aid her comfort. the two then left the den, echo had the herbs tightly clasped in her jaws. as she climbed back up to her mother's den she felt something cold on her nose, looking up she watched as it began to snow again. a soft wind blew past the cats, she braced herself against the tree letting the cold air fly through her fur. she bit down harder onto the herbs and grumbled lightly, she looked down at full moon who was looking at her with urgency.

the fear in his red eyes made her blood run cold. her head snapped back up to the den which was just a fox length of a climb left. she pushed herself up with force, rushing into the den and to her mother's side tossing the herbs to the side of the nest. echo looked over her mother, finding her still. the black furred molly pushed her muzzle into the matriarchs fur and felt her heart breaking. gone, she was gone. full moon wasn't long after, he found echo in tears though he had already known by the time she came down to fetch the herbs. he had sensed whisper’s life force draining as they spoke down under mother tree. he sat close to echo, offering her his warmth in hopes to ease her heartache though he knew it would not. echo could hardly bare the sight, she buried her face into the soft fur of her mouth barely noticing full moon by her side. the pain building in her throat before she couldn’t keep it contained any longer. her cries of anguish awoke the rest of the clan and rang out through the groves. the silence of the snowfall broken by her wails.

echo exhaled sharply, her eyes flooding with tears, she allowed a few to fall into the soft snow that had accumulated at her paws. she shook out her fur, sat up straight and held her head high. the matriarch knew her mother was proud of her though her death will forever be a snowy memory.
Last edited by néktar on Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me