✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby feather ' » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:46 am

↬ catvent day: sixteen

↬ username & id: feather ' +
    ↬ clan archive: the still waters!!

↬ word count: 40 words <3
    ↬ prompt: Beanpaw is wandering around looking for his friend, when he runs into fennel! He mistakes fennel for his good friend, and follows him until realizing they're not who he thought they were! He runs away upon seeing his actual friend!
feather '

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hush » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:48 am

↬ username & id: Hush 256165
    ↬ clan archive: X

↬ word count: 60 words
    ↬ prompt: Spottedcry and Hana met for the second time during a blizzard which lead Spottedcry to her. It was during this blizzard the two became close and is the reason they have kits together now and Spottedcry spends any time there are no kits in the den to look after with her, having a crow sent for her when she’s needed.
x
x
x
x
x
x

╔══════════════╗
xxImage
* id #256165
* Pantry Puffs
* Art shop
* Toyhouse
╚══════════════╝
xxxxart credit*stamp credit
Hush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:59 am

↬ username & id: nindroidzane + 996925
    ↬ clan archive: frostclan

↬ word count: 447 words
    ↬ prompt:
flint sighed, gazing down into the gently rippling lake water. the other scouts were off celebrating chasing off a wolf earlier today - an encounter flint had been unfortunately a part of. they couldn't say they'd done the best, and they couldn't say they'd done the worst; they'd helped, and they were there. that was all.

they watched a flock of birds flit by overhead in the crystal clear shimmering, looking rather small all the way up there compared to their own face. down here... alone. they sighed softly.

"hey there, friend." a voice came suddenly from behind. flint flicked an ear back, their head following just as quick.

a brown cat stood there in the snow, yellow eyes gazing over them warmly. flint frowned.

"hi." they spoke, letting a cold edge slip into their tone. they hadn't exactly been looking for company - they could've had a lot more than some stranger if they were.

but the stranger sat down beside them anyways, either not taking the hint or not caring. flint huffed.

"I'm fennel." the cat introduced themself, as if flint had asked. "I don't think I've seen you around before."

they turned, smile as warm as their eyes. "what's your name?"

flint squinted at them. but they weren't sure they had the capacity to brush them off at the moment, so they relented.

"flint."

"ah, flint." they nodded, looking down into the lake the way flint had been trying to before they barged in.

"what are you doing all the way out here all on your own, flint?"

flint looked at them quizzically. "I could ask you the same question."

"that you could." fennel chuckled softly. "well, I wouldn't have much of an interesting answer. I travel alone most places; it's just how I've lived for moons."

"mm." flint softened slightly. "I used to live like that. for a little while, anyway."

"what changed?" fennel tipped their head, glancing up slightly from the water. flint looked away.

"it... got pretty lonely." they sighed. "I couldn't do it anymore."

fennel nodded slowly. "I understand." they touched the tip of their tail to flint's flank slightly.

flint glanced back at their tail. they looked at fennel, and... the look in their eyes had changed. still warm but now, more... sympathetic. they knew it was more than that. they both knew.

they... maybe they did understand.

they made a face, looking away. but fennel didn't say any more, didn't press.

the two of them sat by the lake for a long while, gazing into the lake, watching the birds fly by overhead. it was nice. and for once... flint didn't really mind the company. they might've even enjoyed it.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 16 Results

Postby faelyn » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:05 pm

ImageImageImage

Catvent Day Sixteen Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 star's touch (gives a cat an apprentice/kit ref)!

0zero0
        adamented
        coffee.berry
        dascanadiansparkle
        echo into void
        grimmratt
        i like bees
        mrs
        nindroidzane
        néktar
        strawberrymwilk
        sunny-skies

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 star's grace (fast age-up item)!

archaeopteryx.
        arrikanez
        craig?
        k1ngcl3m3nt1n3
        thani
        tomura

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 star's gift (guarantees 2+ kits in nursery)!

aftonbuilt
        feather '
        galaxyy.
        jay.
        kennymcnenny
        unohdettu.lupaus
        vivika

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 star's blessing (guarantees 3+ kits in nursery)!

angel bugs
        faelyn
        hush

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 shooting star shard (c edit autopass for nursery)!

sleepy-rat
        whovian5eva

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 shooting star fragment (uc edit autopass for nursery)!

deercan
        griff
        lili041
        plushbunny

if you aren't on any of these lists and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by faelyn on Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:05 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Seventeen!

Christmas and the holidays isn’t all about the gifts, decor and festivities ━ it’s also
a time to settle down and nurture all those relationships with a little love, fun and
maybe some hugs and cuddles! Tell us about a sibling/family/platonic interaction
between your kitties!

* All users will earn a prize + we'll also pick some of our favorites for an additional prize!
** To clarify, you may write and/or create art for this prompt! <3

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] seventeen

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b] 000 words; n/a, if only art!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 ━ lil update!

Postby Vivika » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:11 pm

ImageImageImage

↬ Catvent Update (Dec 17th) !!

hey everyone! since dec 18th + all its excitement is tomorrow, the site will (likely) be a little more busier/slower/laggier than usual! we’re offering a one hour grace/buffer time for this round (catvent day 17) to make up for any possible internet/lag issues! so don't stress if you're cutting it a little close! <33

summary: catvent day 17 will close one hour after cs rollover: 01:00 dec 18th cs time!
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:55 pm

↬ catvent day: seventeen

↬ username & id: dragoness129 + 3218
    ↬ clan archive: Here

↬ word count: 116 words
    ↬ prompt: Jayce vaguely remembers a time many winters ago, when he was a young kit, that he was surrounded by his brothers and sisters and snuggled in the protective embrace of his mother. He remembers the feeling of warmth and love that came with being around his family. His mother would stay close to them, only getting up when she needed food or to dispose of waste. His siblings mewing their discomfort and fear when she left. Somehow, Jayce knew everything would be alright. His mother called out in that long, drawn out trill that was exclusively hers as soon as she re-entered the den, bringing back the warm, protective, loving feeling to the cold winter days.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:31 pm

↬ username & id: mrs + 1026844
    ↬ clan archive: Whispering Winds

↬ word count: 581
    ↬ prompt:
    Sunstone, a cat loved and cherished by all of Whispering Winds, is often approached by others in the clan. Sometimes they come baring gifts, sometimes compliments. Usually, they just want to pop by to give a quick hello!

One day, while Sunstone was sitting back underneath the high perch (where the clan members meet when gatherings are called) and eating a small mouse from the day's hunt, a fellow she-cat approached. He gazed up at her, a small smile making its way onto his face as he recognized who. Brazenstride! "Hello, Brazenstride," he warmly greeted. "How are you, today?"

"I'm good," Brazenstride cheerily meowed in response. She plopped herself down beside him, her tail curling around her paws. "How are you? Such a wonderful day, I couldn't help but stop by and ask!"

"Hah, I guess it is quite nice out, huh? I'm good! Thank you for asking, Brazenstride," Sunstone replied with equally matched cheer. He gazed around camp for a moment, before he looked back at her. "So... I heard about your flower garden. I'd, personally, love to see it!"

"Oh, yeah! Sure! I've already taken care of them for the day, so you'll be seeing them at their finest!" Brazenstride rose back up to her feet and, without waiting for Sunstone to do the same, she began padding away. Off to her garden she excitedly went!

Sunstone hopped up onto his paws, quickly padding after her. "Hey, wait up!" He called after her, making sure to quicken his pace as he followed her.

When they made it to her garden, their short walk was awarded with the most gorgeous of sights. Red roses, purple pansies, white daisies.. There was a gorgeous variety of flowers all sorted by rows! Brazenstride admired her own work for a moment, before she turned back to Sunstone. "Alright, you want to pick some?"

"Oh- sure! Brazenstride, they do look amazing, though!" He inched towards the garden, then leaned down and took in a huge sniff. "Ah, yeah. These roses smell stronger than I've ever smelled before. I'd love to have one, to eat, if that's okay! I bet they're as strong in flavor as they are in scent."

Upon gaining Brazenstride's approval, Sunstone carefully picked an individual flower from its designated row. He made sure to leave the stem still standing. The soft, sweet, petals curled delicately under the tip of his paw, before he brought it to his mouth and took a few big, not so graceful, bites. His eyes widened as he finished off the entire flower. "That tastes amazing!" He excitedly cheered. "Should I leave the stem as it is?"

"Don't pick the stem! I believe the flower will grow back. I'm not completely sure on that, but better safe than sorry!!" Brazenstride quickly responded, maybe getting a little defensive of her fragile flowers. "But ah, thank you! Flowers truly are a delightful thing, aren't they?"

Sunstone nodded in agreement. Delightful in appearance, smell, and taste! The deputy hung around for a little while longer, before he finally let out a little sigh. "I should probably get going. It was nice seeing your flowers, Brazenstride! I hope that you'll let me come sample them again!"

"Hey, paws off!" Brazenstride joked, then laughed. "Yeah, no problem! Maybe when you visit again, I'll have a different variety of flowers for you to try. Until then, I'm glad you enjoyed!"

Sunstone nodded approvingly, then turned around and began heading off. What a delightful moment!
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:08 pm

↬ username & id: ArtMajor + 639839
    ↬ clan archive: blep

↬ word count: 518!
    ↬ prompt:

The new kittens were a winter blessing, the clan liked to say. Despite the heavy injuries Mochaswirl had received while she was carrying the litter, the kittens were born healthy! Mochaswirl and Stainedfeather had stayed in the nursery together for several hours, as Tideblossom made sure that the kits wouldn't struggle to live, and it was the next dawn when he pronounced that a healthy litter of four had been born! Three females and one male. The male was missing one of his forelegs, as well as his left eye, and one of the female's ears was little more than a ragged stump, but Tideblossom and Nightpaw both predicted that the kits would grow perfectly fine.

And seeing the kittens cuddled up at Mochaswirl's belly, as Stainedfeather kept his chin tucked over her shoulder, their tails entwined, well..the whole clan was proud for the new family. They'd had a tough time, with the injuries Mochaswirl had received from the fox trap, but as the sun made its way higher into the sky, Smokeclan found that laughs came a little easier that morning, cats hugging one another just a little bit longer, and stars twinkling in everycats gaze.

"What do you think we should call them?" Stainedfeather asked softly, giving Mochaswirl's chin a gentle lick. She laughed, flicking her tail at his ear. "A mother always has names ready" she purred "haven't you given this any thought?"

Stainedfeather smiled, flicking his ear to brush her tail away. "well," he said softly, brushing his nose against their daughter with striped gray fur "I did want to name one Teakit, you said your twoleg named you after her favorite drink, my mother always said her old twoleg's favorite was called 'tea'"

"homage to your mother, and similar to me" Mochaswirl said happily. "I love it. Any other names cross your mind?"

Stainedfeather laughed "Come on, you can't put all their names on me, I thought you said a mother always had names ready?"

Mochaswirl smiled "Oh all right." she gently gave a lick to their brown tabby daughter. "I was thinking Mintkit, I remember Tideblossom used lots of it to help mask the smell of the fox trap in his den when I was healing. It would be nice to have a good memory of that day."

Stainedfeather smiled sadly, and brushed his cheek against hers. "It's perfect. What about our son? He's going to need a strong name, to show that his missing limbs won't effect how anyone thinks of him."

"I was thinking of Coconutkit, I do love the taste of the milk in them, but they've got a hard outer shell, nice and strong." Mochaswirl offered. Stainedfeather laughed "Strong on the outside, sweet on the inside, a perfect name for our little warrior."

All that was left, was the little smokey brown she-kit. The two parents sat in silence for several minutes, each of them thinking. "What about..." Mochaswirl started. "Maybe Chocolatekit? For her fur, and to tie with the rest of their names, something sweet."

"It's perfect" Stainedfeather purred "Teakit, Mintkit, Coconutkit, and Chocolatekit. Our perfect litter"
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrikanez » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:57 pm

↬ username & id: Arrikanez 2105
    ↬ clan archive: The Dark Carnival

↬ word count: 836 words
    ↬ prompt:

"Viperstar... I'm lonely."

It wasn't what Viper expected to hear, certainly, and had taken him by surprise. Even so, he could hardly blame the younger cat for those feelings. He was... pretty lonely himself, all told. It was only the two of them - three if you counted Chroma, and Viper rarely did - and it could be hard to deal with those abandoned feelings. It wasn't something he'd wanted to admit to himself, but he missed Juridia, and the friends he'd had there. Even behind bars.. or.. resin-glass in his case... there had been some comfort in knowing he wasn't alone, and he had been with people who would have watched his back regardless of whether or not he did the same for them. He would have, but that was beside the point. The biggest point was... so was Viper.

He crossed over to the younger cat, and sat beside him, tail casually resting against his side to let him know he was there. "I know." he said softly. "So am I. I miss Juridia. I miss the friends I made while incarcerated. I miss the way things used to be, before all that. All this time of year does is drive home just how much I've lost. I don't suppose you feel much better. You weren't... the KIND of person I was, even on your worst day."

Fortune leaned into Viperstar, but the other cat didn't move. He could sense the other needed him not to for now. His head even leaned to the side to provide extra comfort. "Why don't you tell me about it?" he asked, one ear going back. "Tell me about the friends and family you used to have back then. If you can remember."

"That's the problem." Fortune said quietly. "It's all starting to fade. I remember that I WAS human, and what I used to do, but the details? The ins and outs of everyday life? It's starting to disappear. Like Chroma's making me forget. I don't think he's had anything to do with it, but it still... It's strange. Not being able to remember what my Mom's eyes looked like, or how my sister sang her favorite Christmas carols... or even that I HAD a sister, because I'm sure that will go too." He sighed, and bowed his head. "I don't know if your memories are disappearing... or why mine are, but I don't like it."

Viper thought for a moment, then shook his head. "Mine aren't... I don't know why yours are. But look at it this way. You can make new memories here, in this life. With me, and... whoever else Chroma decides to drag in." He leaned forward, and gave Fortune's head a perfunctory lick. "I don't want you to be sad, even if there's not much to be happy about. We have each other, don't we? That has to count for something - even if it IS regrettable circumstances." He gave a wan smile. "If neither of us had died, we wouldn't have met. So there is that."

The younger cat sighed, and turned to pillow his head in Viper's neck. "I just wish I could retain some of the good parts." he muttered. "I don't remember much about Christmasses past. Not that they were much to write home about. There's only so much you can do while homeless to celebrate the holidays." The chuckle he gave wasn't in pleasure, but wry irony. "And now I'm homeless again, basically. Guess that's my lot in ANY life, not just the past one."

Not true." Viper shook his head. "You'll always have a home here. With me, at least. Chroma hasn't weighed in on much most of this season. I think something's getting to him about it - but I'm sure he'd agree too. You have a home here. With me, with us." His tail tapped lightly on the younger cat's side. "Besides, without you, who's going to stop me from being evil, huh?" That was mostly a joke to get a rise out of the younger cat, but... Fortune showed no inclination to even smile.

"You're not evil." he stated quietly. "But thank you for the vote of confidence that it WOULD be something I could do." He lifted a paw to give it a quiet lick. "You really are... better than you say you are, Viper." he said eventually, after a somewhat-stretching silence. "It's not QUITE so lonely with you around."

Viper nodded. "Likewise. I don't think I'd be able to take it if you left. So... don't do that, okay?" He nudged the younger cat again, jostling him a bit. "I'd go mad with boredom."

This time, Fortune did offer a chuckle. "Well, at least I'm amusing!" he stated, ears full forward. "... Maybe we could stay like this for a while, though? Just kinda... here? With each other? It helps..."

The leader gave a dip of his head again. "Of course. We didn't have anything to do tonight anyway. I'm here with you, Fortune. As far as I'm concerned, I always will be."

Edited for spelling and grammar mistakes. ^^;
Last edited by Arrikanez on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arrikanez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me