✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby Whovian5EVA » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:27 am

↬ catvent day: thirteen

↬ username & id: Whovian5eva 328762
    ↬ clan archive: Cats of the Desert

↬ word count: 105 words;
    ↬ prompt:
      First things first, the tree wouldn’t be your typical pine tree, and it wouldn’t belong to one clan. During the festive season both clans come together and decorate the Great Gum that lies at the centre of the Crater. On the first full moon of Cold No-rain they would decorate it by painting the base of the tree with ochre based pigments along with each cat placing one paw made bauble that they had decorated however they’d like. The tree ends up looking like quite the mish-mash of colours and designs, but the togetherness that it brought the clans was what was the most special!

If I'm online at weird
times its because
I'm from Australia.
You can call me Vee! :)
Uni Student | adult
I draw sometimes I guess?
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:58 am

↬ username & id: dascanadiansparkle + 523964
      ↬ clan archive: galactic skies

↬ word count: 43
      ↬ prompt:
      Seems like the cats have all pitched in to decorate! Some brought food, some other things you’d find in the forest, and some got a bit adventurous in their findings. Sharksnarl brought back a empty cat food can and a very shiny orb!
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:59 am

↬ username & id: Skywardthedragon 935233
    ↬ clan archive: Company of Fools

↬ word count: N/A
    ↬ prompt:

What else could a bunch of cats do with treasure?

Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 13

Postby faelyn » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:45 pm

ImageImageImage

Catvent Day Thirteen Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 blackhole (edit remover) for participating!

0zero0
        aftonbuilt
        angel bugs
        archaeopteryx.
        craig?
        dascanadiansparkle
        echo into void
        galaxyy.
        i like bees
        jay.
        kennymcnenny
        mrs
        nindroidzane
        plushbunny
        skywardthedragon
        tomura

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 stellar remnants (eye/nose/paw color changer) for participating!

adamented
        artmajor
        coffee.berry
        dragoness129
        hush
        lili041
        unohdettu.lupaus
        vivika

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 starburst (default fur lines [short/semi-fluff/fluffy] changer) for participating!

arrikanez
        faelyn
        feather '
        k1ngcl3m3nt1n3
        sunny-skies
        thani
        whovian5eva

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 uncommon edit for participating!

deercan
        griff

if you aren't on any of these lists and posted a response before rollover, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by faelyn on Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 14

Postby faelyn » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:46 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Fourteen!

Oh no! An elf has lost their hat! :c The clan searches high and low for it, but when
they find it… a predator has already shredded it to bits. The elf needs a new hat ━
how does the clan find/make one? What does it look like?

short/medium prompt <3

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] fourteen

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b] 000 words; n/a, if only art!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:11 pm

↬ catvent day: fourteen

↬ username & id: 0Zero0 780482
    ↬ clan archive: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4611568

↬ word count: 134 words
    ↬ prompt: Blueberry looked at the teared remains sadly. She always wanted to impress a mythical being. Maybe getting back the hat would get her in the good books. No, the elf wouldn't be happy to see this. Blue tried to tape it together, her fluffy solid blue fur only stuck to the two-leg material. She brought the remains of the hat to her friends. Mud, someone she considered a sister, a friend, and had been apprentices together.

The two had decided to make a new hat and made it out of large leaves, and a local flower that they didn't know what it was, but it was red, and pretty and had large petals. They pinned it together. The elf was more then happy to see the gift, and the three of them celebrated merrily.

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:33 pm

↬ username & id: dragoness129 + 3218
    ↬ clan archive: Here

↬ word count:
    ↬ prompt: 15 words; art
    Jayce managed to find a hat inside of a cozie little cottage. This will work!
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrikanez » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:56 pm

↬ username & id: Arrikanez 2105
    ↬ clan archive: The Dark Carnival

↬ word count: 324 words
    ↬ prompt:

Seeing a two-legged elf in their lands of all things took Viperstar aback a bit. Did Chroma not know about this? But it turned out that yes, Chroma did, and he was irate. Apparently a winter spirit slipped past his defenses, and brought something in before he could close the barrier. He was only willing to open it again so that this 'elf' could make a swift beeline for the exit... but now the thing had lost his prized hat. This was a...frivolous and somewhat trying mission in Viper's opinion, but he and Fortune's End looked about anyway... finding the poor thing mauled to shreds by something. WHAT, was a good question, but not one Viperstar wanted to ask just now.

The elf refused to leave until he had a hat befitting his station. Of course, Fortune's heart went out to the thing, and he began work on painstakingly weaving together red leaves from the broad-leaved trees surrounding the camp. The little puffball on top was... interesting, and not easy to replace, but somehow the Pawn managed to find an old, weird springy-ball inside one of the funhouse's back rooms, and attached that with a bit of sap from those red trees. The resulting 'hat' was something like a nightmare...

But the elf was grateful for the work involved, and passed on a message, as he started to fade out of existence with his new hat smartly atop his head. "Be wary, dark cats." he said, giving a cryptic smile. "The spirit of winter is coming, and if you have learned nothing, you will be sorely in need of the guidance of another." With that, the elf vanished entirely, and Viperstar's ears went straight back. Of course, Fortune hardly blinked an eye.

"What the heck was that supposed to mean? Guidance of another? Chroma, did you hear that?" Viper's tail swished back and forth in an agitated fashion. It only sped up when Chroma was... conspicuously silent.
Arrikanez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:03 pm

↬ username & id: Archaeopteryx. || 334452
    ↬ clan archive: Enurian

↬ word count: 35 words
    ↬ prompt:

They're in luck! Juniper makes a living making tapestries and weavings, and its simple and easy work to weave up a replacement hat. It's a lot simplier than what some other customers want, after all.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:56 pm

↬ username & id: mrs + 1026844
    ↬ clan archive: Whispering Winds

↬ word count: 1,244 (felt inspired!)
    ↬ prompt:
    Muddedshine and Wish were out on a stroll together, when a very frantic, unnaturally red and green?! tom appeared directly in front of them. He looked to be the size of a young warrior. Muddedshine jumped at the appearance of the cat, his mouth dropping open out of shock. Wish, on the other hand, let out a cry of surprise and hurried away to hide behind a nearby tree.

Muddedshine narrowed his eyes as the spiritual cat. "What are you doing here? I've already heeded the Nixmas Spirits' warnings!" He unnecessarily hissed at the tom. He appeared, which resulted in Wish hurrying away and hiding behind a tree!

"Save your anger for the grinch!" The red and green furred cat desperately pleaded. He flattened his ears and deeply frowned. "I need your help! Please, I am desperate. I can repay you for any kindness you express! If you have none, I will go on my merry Nixmas way."

Wish peered out from behind his tree, his hiding spot, then reluctantly walked back over. "What.. what are you?" Wish murmured as he looked him over. He'd never even seen a cat like him before!

"Oh, dear, pardon me. I am a Nixmas elf! I work for Santaclaus. My name is Winterjingle. And you are?" Winterjingle introduced, but seemed to want to hurry this entire conversation along.

"A Nixmas elf?-" Wish began, only for Muddedshine to cut in and interrupt him.

"A Nixmas elf? So you really do know the three Spirits of Nixmas!" Muddedshine gasped. "I am Muddedshine and this is Wish."

"No, wait! I'm Twistedwish," Wish corrected, his tail flicking with a certain level of satisfaction from being able to finally use the clan name Muddedshine had given him. "What do you need help with?"

"I was checking out what the Nixmas tree was like this year... you know, the one the apprentices of Whispering Winds put together? And I dropped my hat! I didn't notice until much later, though. When I went back for it, it was gone! Will you please help? The head Nixmas elf will be horribly displeased if he finds out I was sneaking off to look at Nixmas decorations, again!" Winterjingle frantically spat out. His heart raced about as fast as the speed of light as he explained his awful recollection of events. "Please, you have to help!"

"First of all, let's see if we can find your hat. The three of us will split up, then meet back here in ten minutes. If, by then, none of us have it, we'll figure out what to do next," Muddedshine strongly directed. He flicked his tail as he ordered the two around. "Okay? I'm going to go west of my clan. Twistedwish, please go east. And finally, Winterjingle, you go search around the tree."

With Muddedshine having given them directions and orders, both of the other toms went off in their separate directions. Without hanging around for any longer after they left, Muddedshine headed off in his own direction.

Ten minutes later, all three of the cats met back up. Wish was the last to arrive, but with grave news he beared. He had found the hat! But it was in shreds. He walked over to the group, fluffy tail practically dragging on the ground as he joined them. He dropped the shredded, 'dead' hat on the ground in front of the two.

"I found it.. I'm so sorry. I found it like this, underneath a very tall tree. I think a large bird of prey was trying to make a nest out of it.. Is there anything we can do to help salvage it?" Wish offered, his tail still drooped from sadness. He stared hard at the hat, frown unfading.

"Oh, no, no, no!" The Nixmas elf cried out. He fell into a laying position onto the ground beside his elf hat. "Oh, it's ruined!" He cried and wailed. "I don't know what to do!"

"Hey, both of you cheer up!" Came Muddedshine's strong and confident voice. "We can fix this. We just need a little bit of creativity and imagination. And... supplies. Worse comes to worse, I take you and your hat to Whispering Winds' medicine cat. Okay? We've got this!"

Muddedshine's brave, warm words were enough to get Winterjingle to calm down. The young tomcat slowly looked up at the warrior, and through tears, he offered up a very quiet, "okay; I trust you," before he rose up to his feet.

The three cats, all together, tried for hours to patch up and salvage the Nixmas elf's hat. They tried to weave dried grass into it, patch it up with clumps of moss, and even try to tie the rips back together! But ultimately, nothing worked.. so off to Whitecloud they went.

Muddedshine gave Wish a sad farewell before he headed back to the clan for the day, Winterjingle right by his side the whole time. They approached the medicine cat's den together, to which the medicine cat looked at them with an expression of alarm and fear.

"Whitecloud!" Muddedshine greeted, then quickly filled her in. They didn't have much time to waste on trivial, miscellaneous stuff, now!

Thankfully, and fortunately, Whitecloud was quick to jump into action with fixing the hat. She worked wonders on the tattered fabric, eventually repairing it back to a state of renewal that not even the Nixmas tomcat believed to be possible. When the medicine cat was done repairing it, she quickly put it back onto the elf's head for him.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!" The Nixmas tomcat praised. He grinned as he looked up at his tall elf cat, then looked back at Whitecloud and Muddedshine both. "I promise I'll repay your unmatchable kindness and generosity. Until then, I promise I won't forget you! Thank you- again!" Before anymore words could be spoken, the Nixmas elf tomcat disappeared.

"Whitecloud, what did you use to fix his hat?" Muddedshine inquired, as he looked back at Whitecloud. He didn't seemed worried nor stressed about how many Nixmas cats he'd been met by lately..

"I weaved it back together using the very threads it was created with," Whitecloud wisely responded. She moved to sit down back at the front of her den, to show she wasn't busy. "Tell me this, Muddedshine. Why was that Nixmas elf with you?"

Muddedshine froze, then reluctantly replied, "I don't know why he chose to appear before me. Perhaps I was the closest to me? I'm sure it was all by random chance. Either way, it makes for a great Nixmas story to tell the kits and apprentices.. Speaking of which, I'm going to go tell them about that right now! Uh- see you, Whitecloud!" He announced he was leaving to her before jumping to his paws and scurrying off to the warriors den in hopes of finding an apprentice to speak to.

Whitecloud was left alone in her medicine den, with her herbs, to sit and wonder. Was Muddedshine hiding something, related to Nixmas? Or worse... hiding something related to the very stars that lit their path? She could only frown as she wondered and hope that was not the case. If it was, surely she'd receive a vision, too.. She let out a sigh and laid her head to rest on her front paws. Her mind flickered back to the Nixmas elf; she hoped he wouldn't be in any trouble over his hat!
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me