Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[0178.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:47 am

SHADED HOLLOW !!
    x( divantae archive last post )

The storm’s rage subsided, slowing to a gentle hush.

Tiny droplets slipped, sliding from the tips of shivering fir needles. For a breath’s pause, they hung ━ perfect, crystalline beads suspended in the silver mist. In another breath, they fell.

Her head rested against the worn carriage as the world unfurled. Tendrils of emerald and silver glimmered, silhouetted with shadows and streaks of mahogony, flowing with the tempo of the falling rain. Stretching, she leaned into the familiar jostle and sway of the carriage, paw brushing against the dark whorls of the aging wood.

Until the carriage screeched to a stuttering halt.

“What’s the hold up?” She rapped a paw against the side of the carriage. “Something wrong━”

Lionbloom groaned, pushing aside his damp curls. He dismounted, flicking a tail towards his pluma, talons already busy scraping through the dirt. “He’s hungry. I think he found a beetle mound…”

“Snacking, huh?” With a wide grin, a whirlwind of dark and silver curls vaulted over the side of the wagon. Birchspots. The one and only. He clicked his tongue, tsking as he snatched up a pawful of fleeing insects. “Apologies, Hawksbeard. Don’t mind if I━” (+1FP beetle, +1FP beetle, +1FP beetle)

A soft yelp slipped from his jaws as the rooster screeched, jabbing at him. “Hey, ow! Lionbloom, I knew we should have cooked him in one of your specialty dishes. Probably with some salt and spice, fitting for this little━”

The swing of a glowing lamp illuminated the path.

But not from Ivyflurry. This one… this one was from the front. In a fluid motion, another figure approached, a little wooden wagon in tow. Twisted trinkets and metal ornaments dangled from its sides, clinking in the gentle breeze. A… traveller?

“Well, hello!” Like the coo of a dove, the stranger’s voice was soft. Melodic. A smile framed her delicate features, eyes aglow with gentle warmth. “The name’s Furzetuft! I apologize if I’ve startled you, but it’s been a bit since I’ve seen some fellow travellers around here ━ so you can understand my excitement!” With a light chuckle, she lowered her lamp. “Thing is, i seem to be running short of some supplies. Food, mostly. But… perhaps I can interest you in a trade?”

Furzetuft (an npc) has proposed a trade! She would like 2FP in exchange for a special
    trinket of hers. Does the patrol accept the trade or turn it down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ lionbloom (0% hunger), ivyflurry (0% hunger),
    xxxxxbirchspots (0% hunger), sweetsap (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +70XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +3XP for prey

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP beetle, +1FP beetle, +1FP beetle
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +83XP → level 0 (83/100XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, welcome to explore! i'm,, head over heels for the world you've created, ahh! <33
    let me know if you have any questions at all about the quest or just in general! ^^
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ArtMajor » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:21 am

A few days later, and Smokeclan could claim another member. Tumblecreek had joined them, the tom smelled of wind and salt. He'd stumbled upon the clan in a manner similar to Honeyroot, claiming rides on the water-screamers the upwalkers rode. And after hearing of Smokeclan's mission, the tom had agreed to join.

It was...nice, having cats around that he could trust. Cats who wouldnt report his every movement back to Shellstar.

After the mysterious she-cat had left, Smokestar had been making sure to keep an extra paw on the tidepools, to ensure that there weren't any hidden passages, but after talking with Honeyroot, well...

Smokestar wasn't getting rid of the possibility that the stranger had been sent of Starclan.

But the days had passed, the sun bringing its warmth and the moon its cool presence. The time had come to move on, and keep pressing forward. Tumblecreek had been shown the beachside borders quite heavily, but it was time to bring the tom into the woods.

Smokestar carefully scented the air, seeking the now-familiar flowery scent of Honeyroot, and the tangy smell of Tumblecreek. Letting his nose guide him, Smokestar padded through the camp until-

"Smokestar?" Honeyroot asked, "Is it time for patrol?" pebbles skittered underneath her paws as the female rose, and Smokestar's ear flicked as the sound continued, indicating that Tumblecreek was there as well.

"It is" he responded, once the sounds stopped. "We'll be showing him the forest this time, near the rock plains."

[ 247 words ]

02 cats on patrol
Smokestar | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N | Blind (naturally)
Honeyroot | she/her | HP 100% | HUP: 0% | Sick: N
Tumblecreek | he/him | HP 100% | HUP: 0% | Sick: N

-- level 1
experience: 21
-- items in inventory used
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
none
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
small fish | 2 FP | x1
water vole | 2 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

deathberries | x1
bindweed | x1
horsetail | x2
honey | x1
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

007 • shoreclan

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:07 pm

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 ♥︎ ArchiveLast Explore Post | Last Response Received • [ 405 words ]
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    The cats had paused for a moment in their patrol to rest and recuperate. The she-cats settled down to share more of the salmon, which Tempestslash was still bitter about. The others went exploring, obviously too filled with energy to sit still for much longer. The warriors with more seniority purred with amusement at this, although they knew that they acted like this when they had first received their names. Besides, they weren't that much older. (2 FP each for Tempestslash, Blueberrynose, and Embersnow -- HUP from 50% to 30%)

While the others were finding fish and trinkets, Tempestslash was continuing to scout the territory. And the smell that was drifting towards her... was sea lion. And the scent was dangerously close to camp.

She whipped around and sprinted back to where the patrol was on the edges of the forest. But she hadn't been paying attention to what was in front of her, and a large branch smacked her in the face as she ran by. Her head was spinning and for a moment, she was completely dazed. Tempestslash clenched her jaws and continued to run to the others, skidding to a halt.

Blueberrynose noticed her disheveled state immediately and opened her mouth to ask, “Tempestslash, are you..."

But the silver tabby she-cat cut her off with a huff and a hiss. She brushed off the remarks, stubbornly claiming that she was "fine". And she was, right? She only hit her head on a stupid branch.

The deputy turned her anger onto the younger warriors, a sneer on her maw. “...those fish you 'found'? They had the scent of sea lion all over them. Looking for trouble from those beasts, are we?” The sneer disappeared only for her to clench and unclench her jaw again, frustration clearly written on her face.

Hydrangeawave's eyes went wide, and they were suddenly filled with fear. Was this what it meant to go on patrol? To be a warrior of Shoreclan? They glanced at Fogspark, who didn't seem to be concerned. "What should we do?"

"We're going to put that monster into a watery grave before it decides to attack us and our clan," Tempestslash declared, mercy empty from her gaze as she unsheathed her claws and raked them across the ground. She turned around and pointed a claw to the water, the waves crashing against the shore. "We'll show that beast what Shoreclan is really made of."

(The patrol has decided to confront the sea lion.)
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

-- cats on patrol
Tempestslash | she/her | HP 95% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Embersnow | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: No
Hydrangeawave | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: No
Fogspark | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: No
-- level 4
experience: 425/500
predators/prey & yes to death
active quests: none
3 salmon
-- prey inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
minnow | 1 FP | x1
mouse | 1 FP | x2
quail | 3 FP | x4
rabbit | 4 FP | x5
salmon | 2 FP | x3
scraps | 1 FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x1
trout | 2 FP | x4
-- herb inventory
alder bark | x2
bindweed | x1
broom | x1
burnet | x1
cobweb | x2
coltsfoot | x1
deadly nightshade | x1
deathberries | x1
holly berries | x1
lovage | x2
marigold | x1
mint | x1
rush | x1
sorrel | x1
stinging nettle | x1
tansy | x2
water hemlock | x1
wild garlic | x1
willow bark | x1
yarrow | x1
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0179.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:14 pm

HOLLOWCLAN !!
    x( mizzb11 archive last post )

Sweet, spicy and fresh.

The aroma tickled her nose and she closed her eyes, savoring the dwindling tassels of the scent as it tugged her back. Back to all those scattered encounters with twolegs and their many cupped drinks. The glossy cans of dark fizz and bubbles, the neutral toned mugs of bitter liquid teeming with silver steam, and yet the motley plastic cups of sweet fruit and sugar.

Mint and raspberry tea. Or at least… the remains of it, perhaps.

Eyes fluttering open, she rounded the log, reaching into the jagged, splintered ends. Her claws snagged, catching. A little string twined around her claws, along with a pale net-like bag. Inside, crushed and dried leaves, crumpled with age. (+1 raspberry leaves, +1 mint)

Her head tilted as she scraped the interior of the log, unearthing a few limp sprigs. One crested with tiny white florals and another with wide, outstretched leaves━ (+1 dock, +1 chickweed)

A dark, slippery form burst from the log.

The disturbed creature writhed, awoken from its slumber, coiling in a tangled mass of obsidian and scarlet. Snake. Its tail curled, head flattening against its slender figure, the scarlet ring banding its neck flashing under the sun.

Jaw clenched, she met the creature’s eyes, taking a firm step close. One paw in-front to block its path and she struck. Her claws flashed, quick, silver blades silencing the serpentine creature. (+1FP ringneck snake)
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ missingstar (0% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxx↳ +15XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+1XP for prey, +4XP for herbs

xx+1FP ringneck snake
    xx+1 chickweed, +1 dock, +1 mint, +1 raspberry leaves

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +30XP → level 0 (30/100XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, welcome to explore! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:26 pm

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Grasping the slick, slippery side of the carriage, Sweetsap took immediate notice of the second light, its golden glow faintly caught in the early morning mist. She was no stranger to confrontation, though she swiftly realized none of the other cats in her makeshift hunting party had much of any fighting experience, especially not outside the village. Scraps between joking friends, maybe. But no actual threats. Her heart hammered against her fluffed out chest as she unsheathed her claws. The others took little notice of the stranger through their banter, but she would be ready.

The emergence of this intruder from the cover of fog quickly eased her nerves before anyone could notice her fighting position. Smoothing out the fur on the back of her neck, she eyed the traveler as she hopped out of the carriage, leaving only Ivyflurry to sit, peering curiously over the side of the wagon like a little kit who's never seen an outsider before. Maybe she hasn't. Lionbloom nods along with the newcomer's speech while Birchspots drapes an arm over Lion's shoulders and grins mischievously. Friends from before Sweetsap even knew him, and that was almost forever. But despite their common companion, Birchspots and Sweetsap were never as close, never clicked in the same way. He claims she's too down to business all the time, and well, she believes he's never serious.

She couldn't dwell on it too much with the word "trade" snapping her out of her daze. Her eyes were trained on that wooden wagon this wandering cat had in tow, wheels coated in mud, and she couldn't help but think that already this patrol was going to net her some reward. Something valuable like precious metal, she hoped, though she had to remind herself to be fair to this lone cat in case she was really desperate for a meal. However, at that suggestion of needing food, Birchspots breaks into a loud, echoing chortle.

"You're in luck then, if you've an appetite for bugs!" he turns his free paw out to the sky, revealing the beetles, much to the protests of Lionbloom, who visibly flinches at least two tails away. The stranger can hardly get one word out before the trees are cut through by the dandelion chef's wails.

"Ah! Keep those things away from me!" he yelps, ducking out of the way just as Birchspots strikes a dramatic pose to pelt them at him, but ultimately winds down as Lion flees from the scene to the safety of the carriage, poking his head out occasionally to teasingly yell at Birch to hurry up and get rid of them. By the time they're done with their game, Sweetsap finds herself with the beetles in her paws. Rolling her eyes, she's beyond accustomed to them behaving like proper kits. What had she gotten herself into with her choice of traveling companions?

That leaves Sweetsap to deal with the lone traveler, who through all this play fighting has been patient and looking a bit awkward. She supposes she's the best equipped to handle situations like this anyways. "I'm sorry about them, they're idiots," she murmurs to the stranger. "How much food? Will these do?" Saving one beetle for good luck, she smiles sweetly to herself as she recalls an old adage that goes something like, "The shiniest beetles have the biggest pincers." Though she wasn't sure that was quite true and she felt assured that the shine of the trinkets in that wagon were going to be worth her while. This mysterious cat seemed genuine enough, at least. (-1FP beetle, -1FP beetle)

✦ Sweetsap accepts the trade, sacrificing two beetles and hoping that Furzetuft will make good on her promise. ✦

【 618 words 】

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
-- cats on patrol
Lionbloom | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Ivyflurry | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Birchspots | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Sweetsap | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
~✿~
-- level 0
experience: 83
beetle x2
-- active quests:
Furzetuft's Trade
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
beetle | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
--notes
thank you! I'm excited to share more about the lore while exploring and I adore your writing~

Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0180.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:09 pm

SMOKECLAN !!
    x( artmajor archive last post )

Under the cool kiss of the forest shade and the gentle steps of his two clanmates at his back, hope swelled. And it was the warmth of a burning flame kindling at his core, igniting, despite the snuff of the wind and the crash of the tides.

One day.

One day, Shellstar would be overthrown, the first toppling from its lofty place. One day, the rest of his regime would follow, crumbling like the roar of an avalanche, sweeping every last thing away with a single breath. One day.

And he’d be there on that day… whenever it came.

“Tracks…” Her voice drifted, a gentle murmur twining around him, as she pawed at the soft dirt. “Rabbit, I think? Looks like it was scavenging… left a thing or two behind.” (+1 fennel)

His head lifted. "Is it still here?"

“I think I see it.” The aroma of salt and wind grew as Tumblecreek pulled close, a gruff note in his throat. His claws flicked at a loose stone, sending it clinking with a soft thud to his left. “I’ll round it up and send it running towards you two. Be ready.”

Tumblecreek’s soft steps retreated.

With a flick of his tail, he readied himself, claws unsheathed. Honeyroot lingered… close to his right, the delicate flitter in her pawsteps silenced. The hushed quiet bloomed, growing quick and vast, spreading over the forest. When a stick snapped, precise and deliberate, the trap sprung.

Thunderous steps leaped, sauntering across the swaying grasses. Twigs crackled, leaves rustled, grasses bristled. The forest’s song whizzed, a buzz in his ears, but his ears focused on one single tempo. The racing pitter-patter of a small, pounding heart. It rose, closer and closer, the rising undercurrent beneath swift, pounding paws.

Jaws snapped to his right, fangs gnashing empty air. A miss.

“Smokestar, behind━”

He whirled around, striking.

A coppery tang hit his nose, warmth coating his claws, sticky and spilling. The long, velvety ears brushing against his legs froze… trembling to a halt. Stiffening. And that racing pitter-patter slowed, ebbing like the retreat of the tides, falling to a faltering silence at his paws. (+4FP rabbit)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ smokestar (10% hunger), honeyroot (10% hunger), tumble-
    xxxxxxcreek (10% hunger) name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxx↳ +20XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +1XP for herbs

xx+4FP rabbit
    xx+1 fennel

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +35XP → level 1 (56/200XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0181.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 pm

SHORECLAN !!
    x( silentmelody archive last post )

The steady presence beside them never faltered.

Fogspark was just… there. Ever-present, unchanging and unfazed, even despite the threat of a monstrous, hulking beast awaiting at the shores. Courageous. They were courageous. A warrior through and through.

With a deep breath in, Hydrangeawave pulled from the warrior’s gentle strength, lifting their chin to mimic the easy confidence emanating from them. The only thing they could never truly mimic was the light dance in Fogspark’s every step, the twitch of their toes and the click of their eager claws against cool stone.

“Careful, out there.” They nudged the other warrior, a faint smile on their muzzle. Yet worry still wormed, burrowing into their stomach. “Sea lions are unpredictable.”

Mottled curls turned, a little grin flashing. Almost cocky. “Don’t worry about me. I’d worry about that sea l━”

It was gone.

That wrinkled, slippery beast of wet, floppy flippers and fangs sharper than its bark… had vanished. Faint whorls traced the gold sands and the foul stench of rotting fish marred the shores. The only remnants of a larger, monstrous presence. But in its place… a stranger. An intruder. (predator has left territory!)

"D-don't hurt me." Trembling, a head of dark curls lifted, a large, open gash razing her side. Scarlet pawprints stained the sands and she stumbled back, flanks coated with a sheen of sweat. "Just take it. I'm sorry, I didn't━" (+1FP minnow, +1FP minnow, +2FP trout, +1 rush)

And at that second, she seemed… fragile. A creature of brittle bones and telltale scars. A bird with broken wings, feathers shredded and torn, scavenging for a few, rotting scraps.

Her gaze glinted, twin dark hollows, pooling with the dregs of a bitter winter. "Just… let me go. Please."

A rogue is caught trespassing on Shoreclan's territory! Does the patrol
    question the rogue further (confront) or simply let her go?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ tempestslash (40% hunger), embersnow (40% hunger), blueberry-
    xxxxxnose (40% hunger), hydrangeawave (30% hunger), fogspark (30% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +60XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+8XP for prey, +2XP for herbs

xx+1FP minnow, +1FP minnow, +2FP trout
    xx+1 rush

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +90XP → level 4 (515/500XP) → level 5 (15/650XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level five and received an additional +3FP (your choice!), +2 herbs (your choice),
    xxxxxxxxxx+1 random custom (an artist will design this kitty + post it under stars' main page) and +150 stardust!
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:08 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Scraps; Lizards; Geckos; Frogs | 1 FP
Mice; Voles; Minnows; Small Fish; Small Songbirds; Eggs | 2 FP
Fish; Birds; Pigeons; Rats | 3 FP
Trout; Salmon; Large Fish (river); Hares; Ducks; Sea Birds (no gulls) | 4 FP
Large Fish (ocean); Large Sea Birds | 5 FP

new predators:
Foxes
Badger
Poisonous Snakes
Large Fish (in ocean)
Sharks (in ocean)
The Thing in the Volcano (Inside and around the Volcano)

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Most I'd need is to swap a minnow (formerly 3 fp) for another 3fp animal so ?
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:09 pm

Clan of the Sea Breeze

Nectarineswirl takes charge before Haywing can even open their mouth in response. "Fudgefeather, get back to warn the clan. Haywing, find Hawkfeather - he's probably farther away, you'll find him faster than anyone else can."

Haywing doesn't need to be told twice; they're practically gone before Nectarineswirl even finishes with her orders. Fudgefeather stays still, ears back and head low. "But - what about you? You can't fight a badger alone..."

Nectarineswirl gives him a Look, then scoffs and reaches out to ruffle the fur on his head. "Relax, kid. I'm not about to do anything stupid. I've lived wild for longer than you've been alive - I know my way around. I'm not going to engage with a badger all by myself. I'll be fine."

Fudgefeather gives them a dubious look, not quite reassured - but he retreats anyway, leaving Nectarineswirl on her own. Soon as he's gone, the cat sighs, shoulders sagging a little, and she sniffs the air to catch the trail. Peaches shifts from her perch on their shoulder, and they wish they knew how to reassure the little bat, too.

She catches the trail quickly enough, and starts to follow it. It's fresh enough to be worrisome, but Nectarineswirl is privately of the opinion that if they leave it alone, it probably will leave them alone, too. Badgers didn't feast mainly on cats, after all. Mostly they fed on smaller, burrowing creatures. If the clan had kits or apprentices, it might be cause for more concern, but as it was...

Haywing returns with Hawkfeather trailing behind, just about the same time Ternfeather and Cinnamonbreeze come racing up. "Great. Wonderful amount of cats here; I'm sure any badger out there isn't going to either flee or get that much more defensive of its home with a bunch of cats crowding it," Hawkfeather quips. Nectarineswirl rolls her eyes at him. They'd been a bit of an edgy loner too, themself, but at least they weren't still rude to the cats around them in the name of staying an edgy loner.

"This is the first alive major predator we've found on the island," Ternfeather explains steadily, much more levelly than Nectarineswirl would've. "It's worth it to at least scope out where it lives, what its territory is like, and whether it's likely to pose any threat to us in the future. Besides," and now a shade of wryness creeps into their tone, "I would think that the badger fleeing would, in this case, be a positive outcome. Not everything needs to be solved with claws, Hawkfeather."

Hawkfeather grumbles, clearly not convinced, and trails behind the rest of them, ears flat down and tail dragging through the dirt. They follow the trail into the forest, deeper and deeper, until they finally spot it digging in the earth. "See, it's probably not that much of a threat," Nectarineswirl mews to her companions in hushed tones. "It's all the way out here in the forest, well away from camp. If we leave it alone, it will leave us alone - we'll just have to keep an eye out once we have kits."

Cinnamonbreeze makes a funny sort of face at that, but Nectarineswirl doesn't waste much time wondering about it. There was no way the molly was having kits any time soon; she hadn't even managed to confess yet, let alone... "Doespring was wondering about it," she says, and yep, there it is, likely her entire reason for coming here and making their badger patrol party as big as it was. "She wanted to know if maybe that's what she'd sensed when she rescued Luckykit, if a badger was what killed that fox family."

Nectarineswirl observes the animal a while longer, and shakes their head. "I don't think so," they mew. "Badgers could definitely kill a fox, but just one against a whole family of them... doesn't make that much sense to me. Besides, wasn't the creature she described... bigger?"

Cinnamonbreeze shrugs, a funny little motion. "She thought maybe she was... overexaggerating it, maybe," she says. "You know. In the heat of the moment. That the adrenaline and fearhad maybe magnified her sense of... whatever was wrong."

"Hm." Nectarineswirl hums, then snorts. "I doubt it." They turn to Ternfeather. "Are we good? Have we observed this poor thing enough? Can we go back now?"

Ternfeather shrugs. "I suppose we'll watch a little while longer and then go back," they say. "We'll only attack it if it attacks us first, though. We can finish patrolling afterwards, possibly get in some extra hunting. Now, let's see..."

[ 764 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Haywing | They/Them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Nectarineswirl | She/They | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hawkfeather | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Cinnamonbreeze | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Ternfeather | He/They | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

here!
-- level 1
experience: 113/200
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x1
small bird | 2 FP | x1
minnow | 3 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Coltsfoot | x2
Chamomile | x1
Alderbark | x1

Extra:
Quest rewards/exp: 1 | 2 | 3
Catvent rewards/exp: 1 | 2
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby l1lithu » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:10 pm

House Cats Community

Gremlin frowned, some dogs were truly despicable, attacking and injuring a visiting cat so severely. She rustled through her fur where she had stored the miniature goods that Furzetuft had shared with her earlier. Holly berries, catmint, some strange type of leaf that she couldn't identify - she would have to consult the medicine cat about relearning her herbs later - and finally what she had been searching for. "Here, looks like you need these." she pushed the ragwort towards the injured stranger, slowly, as not to intimidate them. "I never leave a cat in need of help, not even evil ones." she replied towards Furzetuft. Then a moment of consideration. "Not that," she reiterated. "I think your friend is an evil cat. Just specifying."
She smiled awkwardly, hoping neither of hew new friends - were they her friends? - were offended.

[ 138 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Gremlin | pronouns: she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here! Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4566186&p=138733233#p138733233
-- level 0
experience: 57
Any items used/eaten this post
1x ragwort
-- active quests:
Help Furzetuft's friend?
-- opted in to death?
no
if yes, link to opt-in form
-- inventory
stray kibble | 1 FP | x1