Re: Kalon Staff Litter | V - The Hierophant (upright)

Postby Zephara » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Mark!
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosi » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:46 am

Username + ID: Rosi + 981273
Name: Starling
Society:
{Wip}
~ A society based on travel and exploration, mainly over the ocean
~ Have many gods they worship based on animals they have discovered
~ Once every child is old enough they go on their first adventure and bring back something to help the village
~ The village is a large intricately made floating island in the middle of the ocean
~ Have a very tight knit and accepting society and often take in lost traveler or people who need help
~ Starling is the original founder of this village, and build it up from the ground (Because she would be my first kalon! <3)
Rosi
She/They
TH
✿Friends: ~ ~ ~
A strange new egg... Image
Rosi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:30 pm

hmm might mark!
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:23 pm

━━━𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖...

Username + ID: olivionary + 106651.
Name: Maeri.

...𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖━━━

Last edited by olivionary on Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:28 pm

Username + ID: CloudedDiamond // 841284
Name: Willow
Society: wip!!
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Username + ID: Griff 254592
Name: Eric Burntfeather
Society:

Eric lives in the world of Center, a place created for the refugees of fallen worlds. There was one rule that quickly established how their new society would work: survival of the fittest. Four levels began to emerge, as people found those like themselves and began to form closer communities.

One: The Angels

Not literal angels, but these are one of the two highest groups of society. The Angels specialize in magic, whether it be offensive or defensive. The stronger the magic, the better off they are seen. Both types of magic are seen equally, although you do of course have purists who still believe one is better than the other on both sides. Holidays were created around certain kinds of magic, with each type eventually being given its separate due.

The Angels tend to dwell in places that are rick with magical energy, usually natural in style with materials created from the planet itself. They look down upon manmade materials, and this extends to their attire oftentimes as well.

Two: The Devils

Again not literal devils, but this is the second group of high society. They specialize however in the physical, and are the near stark opposite of The Angels. They revel in sparring, physical work, and making the most out of the world they live in. Their attire and homes reflect this, being made from materials they harvested or created themselves. Their holidays are usually brutal battle events, and the highest held warriors or those that have the scars to show their experience. Getting replacement parts is frowned upon however, as one is supposed to make do on their own mettle.

Three: The Ghosts

Those who are seen as both weak and without magic fall into the lowest rung of society. This might be divided further by individual wit, but for the most part they are seen below everyone. As such, they tend to make do out of the scant resources left over, living in alleyways or off the leftovers of the higher levels. They have no holidays, and sadly most have no way to ever become anything more.

Four: The Gods

A rare tier of individual, these are the ones proficient in both magic and strength. They are seen as rules, leaders, and oftentimes well, gods. They live in the best dwellings both Angels and Devils have to offer, oftentimes having Ghost servants. At the moment there are only three known to have this societal ranking, with rumor of a fourth none have seen but could 'Feel.'
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:57 am

Username + ID: Ucanthandleme + 809102
Name: Lucent (Luce); Shining, glowing, giving off light
Society:

Beauty after death, these were the words Luce’s people lived by. Only after death would you find beauty. His people to the outside world were known as the butterfly people. Like butterflies they had many forms, each was but a stage, a platform for the final beautiful emergence of the butterfly. The form of a caterpillar was merely the blood for the new body, the chrysalis merely the shell for their second form, they held no meaning and only once they were gone would you be left with the beautiful butterfly… Everyone wanted to be a beautiful butterfly. Beauty was everything to Luce’s people, your beauty determined your rank within society, what purpose you would hold was only equal to your beauty, nothing more nothing less. They worshipped beauty above anything else.

Unlike the outside world beauty was only determined by one criteria… the colour of your eyes. This is what made his people unique. Every child was born with eyes of white, like a blank slate waiting to be coloured, this would not change all through their youth. That was until they turned ten. From young to the age of ten there was only one thing they were taught, beauty was everything and to obtain beauty you must go through death. Of course a concept such as death was not well understood by children, but the elders said no more. Every single child longed for the day they would attain beauty, long for the moment their eyes were dyed a different colour. Everyone longed for beauty.

So on the day of their tenth birthday each child was sent to the land of dreams, an untold place where they would receive their beauty. No one ever told them though, the most beautiful butterflies were usually the ones that were ugliest caterpillars. The land of dreams, the land where they would find their beauty, was all a nightmare. They put the children into the forest with nothing, they said to go in as deep as you can, the further into the forest you went the more beautiful you would be. Children did not know the true meaning of beauty after death. So the children trudged through the forest, into not a dream but a nightmare. Luce lived this nightmare too. He too, like the ones before him, went into the forest to find his beauty.

The forest started out beautiful, filled with colours and light, but as night descended the real nightmare began. Night was when the monsters came out. His village was also known as another name to the outside world… the place where children never die. They were right though, as Luce thought back to his childhood, not one child died, whether by accident, sickness or any other way. No child died. Until the forest that was. Each child learned very quickly what death was. Those monsters of the night showed no mercy. Each time a child died they would awaken with a fright, realising soon when their hands touched the dirt forest floor that what just happened was not a nightmare. The more times one died the brighter their eyes became.

Beauty in death. Those words that had been told to them all their life, those words made sense now. But in the moment they had no clue about the changes to their eyes there was only one thought in their heads, to get out of the forest as fast as they could. It seems the elders were right though, the ones that ran as far into the forest as they could were the ones that came out the most beautiful. After all it took longer to leave the forest, they spent longer with the monsters, they died more times, the more beautiful their eyes became. Luce realised why no children died, they could not die until they turned ten. Why did the elders send them off to their deaths to die more times then they could count. Simple, they wanted all the children to be the most beautiful they could be.

Only when daybreak hit did the monsters disappear and the children that were in the middle of the forest could get out. The first death was engraved in the children's hearts and memory, but each one after that was a blur. That day seemed to be wiped from their memory but the changes of their body weren’t. All the children who had gone to the forest went through a metamorphosis, whether the birth of their new body, their new eyes, their new mind, it was hard to say whether it was beautiful or not. But the tradition lived on, despite the pain of death, the beauty that came with it was too wonderful, too beautiful to stop. So it continued, again and again, child after child, they would never speak a word about what the forest actually was, what the true meaning of beauty after death was. They kept it locked away because they too wanted their children to be beautiful. The village longed for beauty… even if it meant death.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The hierarchy-
Those with the brightest eyes gained the ability to do higher level jobs, such as healing and art, whereas those with duller coloured eyes were left with intensive work such as building, cleaning, cooking. You had no choice, everything was based on how brightly coloured your eyes were but despite this there were no complaints within the village. Simply because everyone worshipped the beautiful, the ones with duller eyes thought it was right that they served the ones with brighter eyes, after all the brighter the eyes the more deaths one had been through. Those with duller eyes had also experience the forest of dreams like the others, but they didn’t go far into the forest do managed to leave before dying many times, the ones with brighter eyes had gone through more, so it was only right they got to live in peace after… that and they were so beautiful.

History-
It’s believed the reason why the brightness of eyes are equated to beauty is due to the history of the tribe. The butterfly people were originally a small caravan of travelers who traveled to many different places. They had white eyes and white hair, it was hard to distinguish a difference between those of the same age range as both men and women kept their hair at the same length and there was no tonal difference between their hair and eyes. You could only tell if they were old, young or in between those two ages. As they travelled the group stumbled upon a beautiful forest and decided to set up camp for the night. This was the turning point of their history. The monster awoke and began to massacre the travelers, there was no way to fend them off, the old died first, then the middle aged, but surprisingly the monsters did not touch even one child under the age of ten. And those who were the age of ten seemed to die then come back to life, they defended as many of the adults and elderly as they could for the attacks.

The more braver they were, the more lives they saved, the more likely they were to die. Finally once the morning sun came the monsters disappeared, and all that was left was carnage. The elders, adults and young children who managed to survive were enamoured by the discovery that all of the children who had died and come back to life had beautiful brightly coloured eyes, the ones that protected them the most had the brightest eyes. Never before had the people seen those with different colour eyes to white. So the children who saved their lives and had brightly coloured eyes were worshipped. They left the forest and settled close by, it was likely that envy of the brightly coloured eyed children that motivated their next action. They began to send any child who turned ten into the forest, so they too could gain the brightly coloured eyes and avenge their people. Thus slowly of generation the love for brightly coloured eyes was born.

The empty eyed children-
Some children like Luce instead of receiving brightly coloured eyes after death instead lost their pupils altogether. This however, did not make them hated due to not having coloured eyes that made them beautiful, instead it was seen as a sign of great beauty. Those who lost their pupils were thought to have gained such bright eyes that they were stolen by the sky and made into stars. So those with no pupils were taken care of as the greatest beauties of the tribe, they were taken care of to the utmost degree, fights actually happened to be allowed to take care of them as it was seen as a great honour to take care of someone so beautiful.

(1481/---)

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:20 am

Username + ID: FluffyBirdie - 750079
Name: Lyria
Society:
I'm here, next Lyria's Well, afraid of what I am about to do. I'm not sure why I write this, perhaps I wish to leave a mark somewhere, in a forgotten note buried by the well.

The Well of Lyria.
"Be careful with one's words."

A well protected by the goddess of promises, where one can speak a vow, and then throw in a valuable object into its depths. If one keeps the promise, the item will be promptly returned, resting by your bedside table in the morning. But if the promise is broken, the item belongs to her forever.

You can promise a life too, instead of an item. You can speak the name of a pet, or your own name into the Well. If the vow is not kept, swift death follows.

I have always been too afraid to try this, but here I am today, writing a note in order to delay what I must do. I fear death, very much so. To live knowing a misspoken word may end my life…

Another musing I had about Lyria is that she does not judge for quality. You can sacrifice a flower picked by the side of the road, or a strand of hair. She accepts them, and returns them when due. It is us humans that determine the value. A promise made over a strand of hair shows the speaker is not confident in keeping it. A vow made over one's own life...who in their right mind would break such a vow?

I wonder if there's a paradox here. I will most certainly keep a promise my life is bound to. But if my very existence is tied to my words, I will fear every misslip of my tongue, and may in turn stumble. Fatally.

The sun is setting. My desire to stay here, writing until the end of time, is evenly matched by my knowledge that I cannot delay forever. I must boldly speak my promise, and say my name, and hear it echoed back, as if Lyria herself is whispering my name, reminding me that my very existence is in her hands, in my words.

Dear reader, if human eyes do lay upon this piece of parchment again, allow me to give you advice: have more faith in your promises than I.

All men die, but I can only pray my demise is not sooner than destined.

Signed,
Jonathan Brixby

The wells
    Lyria, the goddess of promises, deceit, and resolution. The old deity once wandered the world, establishing her wells and speaking the rules, before leaving for the realm of the gods, to spend her time observing the results. And the results were intense.

A well based on the human ability to keep their word. It was the ultimate test of honesty. "If you're telling the truth, swear by Lyria's Well." -- "If you're not willing to promise on Lyria, then you must not mean it." -- "You broke your vow! I saw you buying a replacement ring, that means you broke it! Don't lie to me!"

Societies have been formed and destroyed based on her wells. Knowing if someone was genuinely going to keep their promise was a brilliant, happy feeling. But the need to constantly watch what you say, the inability to even say a single white lie for fear of being called out, it wears down one's mind. Honour and trust no longer existed, and even close couples may ask for a promise on Lyria, even if they knew their partner was reliable. Yet despite this exhaustion and rampant paranoia, no one dared to move away from her well. After all, if you're scared to throw something into her well, if you're desperate to leave - you must be hiding something.

Pyralis
    Pyralis was one of these societies, facing the blessing and curse of Lyria's Well. Their government was simple, like all cities around her wells. What politician dared to promise their life in one of their grand speeches? What made Pyralis different was that they took the system of oaths to the extreme. All genuine promises must be made on a life. Throwing anything else in her well, be it gold or heirlooms, was as good as not promising at all. Their culture states that if you did not vow on a life, then you did not intend to keep it.

This grew to the point where societal structure was based on having the highest number of genuine promises. Some members of the city were called the Judges, who have a building by the well and kept a record of all pledges made to Lyria, and the corresponding sacrifice. And soon, a point system formed: oaths made on your life ranked highest, followed by your spouse, children, family members and friends, pets, then livestock. Boasting and competition became commonplace, and a new understanding arised: the higher the points, the better the person. And the better the person, the more they deserve. The higher they rank. The filth that have only made a handful of promises made on lives - they must be dishonest! Why else would they scared be to speak more vows?

The competition was fierce at the top, where each fought to be Lyria's Ambassador, the title given to the person with the highest number of promises. Multiple vows were made a day, all made on their lives. Even more were made on the lesser scoring tier, such as partners or pets. Death was treated as something to be mocked - they or someone they knew must have failed to keep a promise! The concept of death to natural causes or disease was forgotten - the only cause of death was a broken promise, according to Pyralis' citizens. Dying was shameful, but so is failing to form a contract on your life.

Lyria found this city to be most interesting. Her wells were intended to make someone value their words. To follow through on what they say. But with the flood of promises each member made in Pyralis, in an attempt to rise up their hierarchy, their words have become meaningless. None of their promises had value. It was all posturing. "I promise to get this job done today...I vow to be there on time unless there's a serious disaster..." There was no need to bind your life to tasks as simple as these. But the citizens of Pyralis did anyway.

There might come a time where Lyria would step in herself into Pyralis and change the rules a bit, just to see if their destructive atmosphere would worsen or lighten. The city was doomed to end, with every citizen fearing to form close connections, especially with the people near the top of the rankings. She wanted to try and save this city, and if not, then allow it to have a quick end, instead of a slow burn to the ground.
Last edited by FluffyBirdie on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

──── ────
|| Kalons || TH ||
★★★
Selling OCs, lf art/c$!
Pixel animation shop

──── ────

click on art for credit! avatar credit
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:42 am

dive into the world of lae:
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:18 am

olivionary wrote:

━━━𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖...

Username + ID: olivionary + 106651.
Name: Maeri.

...𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖━━━

Ahh the world you created was just so captivating I honestly cant wait to see more of it! Please enjoy Maeri

I would also like to offer honorable mentions to the following users:

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery