Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Glacierclan // explore post 2 // word count; 1191

Postby .sins. » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Glacierstar woke with a jolt. That dream from long past wouldn't leave him be. Taking a
deep breath in, he rolled over, paws tucked beneath him, and began to stretch away the
cramps from the night. The warmth of the air felt nice after the long snow-covered moons
the clan had just endured. Poking his head through the entrance to his den, he slid out
and watched the morning proceedings. Fawn Leap was doing great taking over as the
deputy of the clan, assigning patrols and hunting parties. The white and black tom felt
bad. He needed to choose a cat, but no one seemed willing or able to be him when he
passed. As he moved to the clearing, a few names perked his ears.

“Eagle Stone, Heather Flight, you will be doing border patrol, Blackberry Song, I want you
to join them, and try to get some more hunting in,” Fawn Leap called out. At the sound of
the three names, hustle and bustle in the camp stopped. Heather Flight and Blackberry
Song were known to not get along, and putting the most eligible bachelor in the same
patrol was bound to cause chaos.

“Fawn Leap, let me join the patrol. The foxes and minks will be out just as much as we are
now with summer here,” Pine Wind spoke up. Knowing full well what the three cats were
capable of. “A fighter, guardian, and a wave runner won't be able to do much. Please let me
join.”

The chocolate she-cat sighed and nodded. The tom walked towards his brother when
Glacierstar stopped him. “Let me go.” Pine Wind stopped, stunned that the leader would
offer to help. Glacierstar was the main reason Heather Flight and Blackberry Song couldn’t
get along. Bowing his head, he watched the leader head to the group, looking at his brother
with pain and worry.

The group left. Eagle Stone leading the way, followed by Heather Flight, then Glacierstar,
trailed by Blackberry Song. Careful to place their footing, the group walked down the edge
of the cliffside they called home. Eagle Stone and Heather Flight, easily placing their feet,
seeming to trot down the ledge, while Blackberry Song was held up by her father, who
wasn’t sure how to go about this.

“Maybe something to think about the next time you find a spot for a camp,” the lilac she-
cat mumbled clearly enough for the tom to hear. Her tail seemed to snap back and forth
in irritation. Glancing down at the bottom, an easy two cat lengths away, she watched as
her half-sister was flirting with Eagle Stone. The tom not paying her too much attention,
but also fueling her sister’s flirtatious ways. A small hissed escaped her, as she jumped
down into the soft sand. Her claws extended but were covered by the loose ground.

“Oh, Blackberry Song!” Heather Flight exclaimed stopping her flirting, “We were just
talking about how exciting it is that father is joining us.”

“Oh yes, just great for Glacierstar to join us,” the she-cat half hissed back before trotting
along the beach towards the water. Her paws were greeted by the cool touch of the waves
as they rolled along the sands. The fish were starting to grow larger, soon she wouldn’t be
of much help besides joining the sand diggers for crabs and other creatures as the weather
cooled.

“What’s her issue with my father?” Heather flight looked at Eagle Stone. The brown tom,
just sighed at the cluelessness of the she-cat and continued up the beach towards his friend.

“Blackberry Song,” he started before the she-cat jumped into the water after a fish. He
dropped his head and went back to the shoreline, marking the best he could for territory.
The sand was deemed unmarkable by most cats, as it got churned daily by creatures walking
along.

“She’s just so rude, ignoring you like that.”

“Just stop today, okay,” he half spat at Heather Flight, “She has had a rough start to life,
and you haven’t helped her any.” The brown tom continued on.

A tail touched Heather Flight, making the she-cat jump slightly. “Oh father, what am I
doing wrong?”

Glacierstar thought for a second, “Nothing my dear, you will have good days, and you will
have rough days, don’t let it stop you. Pursue what and who you want, and don’t worry
about others.” He watched as his daughter walked away, marking the territory in spots
that Eagle Stone passed over for another cat to mark. Maybe he should think about
making the deputy Eagle Stone. He was a smart cat who knew almost everything. But
his mix-up in his daughters worried the leader.

“Wish I got those nice little life insights there too, Glacierstar,” The poison hit the tom
close to his heart. He looked over at his other daughter. Almost a spitting image of his
first mate, and true love of his life. His heart let out a pang of grief. His silence on her
retort not helping him, as the she-cat bound away towards the tide pools. He only wished
he could talk to her about everything. Her mother, why he was so distant. It all came d
own to his longing and missing her. The leader continued after the others, knowing that
Blackberry Song would hunt alongside them. He kept an eye on the two cats ahead of him,
while glancing over at his first child. He watched as her head poked above the rocks dry,
the disappear, only to reappear, dripping wet, and possibly with something in her mouth.

‘You know it will happen right? You will bring about the end of Blackberry Song’s clan life,
losing her again.’ He snarled to himself. Why was the negative voice always there? Always
inside his mind. “Eagle Stone,” he called out making the other tom stop in his tracks, “a
word?”

“What is it?” The brown tom looked hopeful, falling in step with his leader.

“You grew up with her, you’re close and even love her,” he hesitated, “How can I do better?”

Eagle Stone stopped. “Respectfully sir, you can’t. She doesn’t see you as her father
anymore. Fawn Leap is the only ‘parent’ she has, and even that isn’t enough to stop
her from destroying all the relationships she has here. Including mine. I do love her, you’re
right, but she has never loved me. I was only ever a brother to her, much like Pine Wind.”
Eagle Stone stopped in front of Glacierstar, blocking the leader’s path along the border
into the forest, His eyes glanced behind the tom, seeing Blackberry Song looking at their
interaction with wonder. Closing his eyes, he sighed. “If you love her as much as I do,
you’ll either talk to her, or let her go. Stop looking at her with so much pain in your eyes,”
he said quieter this time as he walked towards the she-cat in question.

“How was the hunting today?” Glacierstar heard the tom ask behind him faintly. The tom
knew the younger one meant well, but what did he know about love, and letting go?

╔══════════════╗

ATS ON PATROL
blackberry song| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
eagle stone| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
heather flight| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
glacierstar| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

╚══════════════╝

╔═══════╤══════╗

experience;
42/100 - - - - - -- -

level;
0 - - - - - - - - - - -

╚═══════╧══════╝
╔══════════════╗

death opt-in;; no
active quests;; n/a

╚══════════════╝

╔══════╤═══════╗

Predators;
red & artic fox
lynx, coyote,
fisher, mink
wolverine
................. ........

╚══════╧═══════╝
╔══════════════╗

NVENTORY
Mouse (+2 FP)

╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗

TEMS SED
n/a

╚══════════════╝
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▸ mesaclan explore 03.

Postby nio » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:15 pm

┏──────────┓
    xxxx level 003
    xxxx 17/400 XP
    ┖──────────┚
    ┏────────────┓
    xx death opt-in yes
    xx active quests puma
    ┖────────────┚
    ┏──────────┓
    xxx items used
    xxxxxn/a
    ┖──────────┚
    ┏───────────────────────────┓
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx cats on patrol
    xironbark | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
    ─── they/them ───
    xgilabite | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
    ─── she/her ───
    xmoonshine | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
    ─── any pronouns ───
    xcottontail | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
    ─── he/him ───
    xsagemist | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── she/they ───
    xscorpionsting | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── he/him ───
    ┖───────────────────────────┚
    ┏───────────────────────────┓
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx inventory
    xxxtarantula | 1FP | x0
    xxxsnake | 2FP | x1
    xxxlizard | 2FP | x1
    xxxroadrunner | 3FP | x1
    xxxrabbit | 3FP | x0
    xxxlarge bird | 4FP | x0

xxxholly berries | x01
    xxxdeath berries | x01
    ┖───────────────────────────┚
★ A predator (puma) has been scented within Mesaclan's borders! It seems to have scared the prey off and made away with a few herbs.
Does the patrol choose to pursue the puma or leave it alone to continue patrolling? ★

[ 319 words. ]

Ironbark's pelt prickled. They hadn't scented a puma in the territory for a while. It never meant anything good. Prey was already scarce enough, they didn't need competition with the pumas.

Tufts of torn up herbs littered the sandy earth, with many bushes being wiped clean of anything useful. They were purposefully targeting the clan cats.

"We have to chase them off. Let the pumas know we aren't going to be pushed around so easily." Ironbark scraped the rock beneath the with unsheathed claws. They watched as Gilabite wrapped her tail protectively around Moonshines, their face unreadable behind their thick bangs. "Are we all okay with that?"

Cottontail squeaked, and looked around. The young tom was usually quite nervous and on-edge, but he seemed determined to join the chase.

"Shouldn't we fetch more cats? 4 cats against 1 puma isn't equal footing." Moonshine flicked hir tail. "I can rush back to camp if you'd like?"

Ironbark nodded, it was for the best. The pumas were large and ferocious, and the more cats the better.

---

It didn't take long before Moonshine return, with Sagemist and Scorpionsting on hir tail. The two looked ready to fight, flames of rage flickering in both sets of eyes.

"Where's this puma?" Sagemist sniffed the air. Bringing them was smart of Moonshine, as they bore the scars of a previous puma fight, so their lust for revenge was strong.

Ironbark's slender tail pointed toward a distant cluster of rocks, with a sharp rise behind them. Unsettled pebbles littered the bottom of the pile of rocks, and deep claw marks scored the side of the hill.

"Follow me, stay low, stay quiet. The sun is still high, so we don't have much cover." The leader of the group lowered their body to the ground and inhaled the faint scent left behind by the puma.

The five other cats looked amongst each other, before scurrying after Ironbark.
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:50 pm

Duskflame had been avoiding sootstar for a while and not going on patrols with soostar, sootstar was confused and what was even more confusing was that Duskflame had been spending a lot of time outside of the camp alone, the few times duskflame came to the camp was to eat and bring a few critters to the prey pile, this day was no different but this time when duskflame left camp sootstar followed them, duskflame was pretty far from the camp already when she stopped, soostar crouched down into the ground,
<why are you going out here all alone?.. are you going to leave the clan?> she wondered in her thoughts turning to look away trying to not cry, soon enough she heard duskflame speak
”i know somebody is there, come out from your hiding place” they spoke
sootstar sighed and got up,she stood there for a few seconds before walking out of the bushes

”Sootstar?! Why- why are you here?” duskflame asked, their fur spiked up a little,they almost sounded like they were scared? But why would they be scared of sootstar?

”i- i followed you..” sootstar said in sad tone, she tried to keep her tears from falling down her cheeks

”but-but why?” they asked still confused and scared

”because i… i dont know… i-” she said looking down at the ground

”so you just wanted to stalk me?” they said looking at sootstar

”no..i just...I just want to know why youre leaving me!” sooststar said their tears falling down her cheeks, she stared at duskflame waiting for an answer

”i-… im not leaving you soot...i just have needed some own space?” duskflame said it was pretty obvious that they were lying about what they said

”youre- youre lying to me arent you?” soostar asked now even more hurt

”n-no,im … i… just.. i love you soot but...i have something.. to take care of...im sorry, i just havent had the energy ,time and courage to tell you about….Them” duskflame said, they carefully walked to sootstar and hugged them, sootstar was confused, who was Them and why hadnt duskflame told her anything

”Who is them? ” she asked while they were still hugging eachother

”...ill show you..but only if you promise you wont hate me…” duskflame said..

”i could never hate you dusk” soostar said in a loving voice,

duskflame let go of the hug and started walking away, sootstar followed them, after a small while they had arrived beneath a pretty big tree, duskflame crawled into a.. a den?

Sootstar followed them and when they realised what they were looking at they were shocked, ”are those.. are those kittens?” she asked

duskflame nodded ”more specifically they are our kittens…” they said in a quiet voice

”they.. they are ours?”

”yes.. i have named them already, the smallest one is smallkit, the one with stripes is smokekit and the last one is mistkit ” duskflame said lovingly ”are the names good? If not we can ofcourse change them if you want.. i mean if you want anything to do with me anymore ” they said

”oh.. the names are perfect! And ofcourse i want everything to do with you and them!” soostar purred as they bushed their head next to duskflames head ”i love you.. i will always love you” sootstar whispered to duskflame

duskflame purred ”i love you too”

[ 561 words]

-- cats on patrol[/size]
Sootstar | she/her | HP 98% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Duskflame | they/she | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
No
-- level 1
experience: 41/200
-- items in inventory used

-- active quests:
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x5
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

ragwort | x1
mallow leaves | x1
chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x1
Chamomile| x1
catchweed| x1

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[056.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:59 am

THE TRIBE OF FALLEN SONGS !!
    xxxxx( mythz archive last post )

The world was full of hidden things.

Full of little mussels stoutly clinging to weathered rock. Full of prismatic shells and their little hermits snug inside. Full of pale alabaster clams with their stubborn muzzles clamped firmly shut.

And… a puddle?

Finch skidded to a stop. “Tick! Tick, look━”

She threw a quick glance over her shoulder, nose wrinkling as Tick… plodded through the sand. The rest meandered behind, watchful eyes flicking along the shore and treeline. She smothered a groan. It’d take them ages to arrive.

If Tick ate a mouse that slow, then hunting one would take…
    An eternity.

Sighing, she sagged into the sand, dashing an idle paw through it. Gold sand kicked up in a spray, sending tiny flecks plunging into the puddle. Ripples danced across the surface, gently radiating… but that wasn’t all.

With a gasp, she leaned close. Vibrant colors wriggled through the ripples, breaking their fading circles with a new rhythm. A new dance of azures and golds frolicking through still waters, delicate fins hovering just below the surface. She dipped a paw into the puddle, giggling as the fish scattered. Dance interrupted.

“... found some gobies, huh?” A warm nose nudged her shoulder. “Gonna catch them?”

“Tick!” She chuckled, gently batting his nose away. “Okay, but how?”

A wide grin played on the edges of his muzzle, along with a mischievous twinkle lurking within those green eyes. He rolled his shoulders, settling down beside her. “It’s easy.” His paw perched on the edge of the puddle. “You just have to… time it right. Swift, clean strokes. Don’t strike exactly where the fish is ━ the light plays funny tricks… aha!” (+1FP goby fish, +1FP goby fish, +1FP goby fish)

Her eyes widened. “You caught them!”

“What do you mean?” A teasing grin curved as he gathered the trio within his claws. “Of course, I did━”

He winced, grin crumpling. Disappearing… as if a thieving badger had struck, stealing it away under the cover of darkness.

“... are you okay?” Fidgeting with a loose pebble, she eased close, touching a paw to his. It seemed… okay. Not a single scratch or nick. Her brows furrowed. “Did they bite you?”

“Nah… just sprained it a little. I’ll be okay.” He turned his paw over. “See? All better.” (-1% health for tick from a little paw sprain ━ no herbs or rest needed to return to patrol!)

A quiet laugh erupted from behind from a vivacious soul.
    Otter sprung close, offering a quick nudge. "I think Tick's just a little rusty, Finch. Or━"

“You certain you're alright?” Stoat intercepted, springing across the sand. “I didn’t find any herbs, but I can take a look if you’d like.”

Her head tilted. “On the bright side, it seems Gull and Chipmunk managed to snag something back at the meadows…” A soft churr slipped from her jaws. “... spotted them across the rapids with a rabbit in tow and Gull grumbling about the heat.” (+3FP brush rabbit)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (tick was fed!)
    xxxx↳ stoat (10% hunger), gull (10% hunger), chipmunk (10% hunger)
    xxxxxotter (10% hunger), tick (0% hunger)

xx-1% health for tick
    xxxx↳ tick (99% health)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +90XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+12XP for prey, +20XP for "winter" codeword

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx++1FP goby fish, +1FP goby fish, +1FP goby fish, +3FP brush rabbit
    xx+no herbs </3

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +142XP → level 2 (170/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    notes: hi! i loved reading this interaction so much, ahh! finch + tick content make me absolutely soft! a really small thing, but whenever you get the chance, i'd love if you could sneak the link to your death opt-in post somewhere in your future explore posts! it's just a quick visual cue that helps out a ton! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[057.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:15 pm

GLACIERCLAN !!
    x( .sins. archive last post )

His gentle voice tugged her back, a smooth, soothing cadence, tethering her to reality.

Eagle Stone. He was… as his name suggested. An unwavering stone ━ a silver pillar unyielding against the fiercest gales and a gold lifeline in the midst of those suffocating tendrils, threatening to drown her. To consume her whole.

But here she was.
    Staying afloat, head above the waves, paws beating against those churning waters.

Blackberry Song cleared her throat. “Yeah.” A discordant note falling flat with the vestiges of a faux smile. “Hunting went well. Here, help me with this fish… you got it?” (+3FP minnow)

His jaws clamped around the fish… but those eyes drifted to her. Heterochromic eyes from two vastly different worlds. One of the towering verdant forests and another of the raging seas. Eyes that saw too much. That knew too much.

He stepped close, a paw shifting in the sand. “You alright?”

“Yeah.” Her gaze broke from his. “Just fine.”

A white lie, but a necessary one. Because… explaining would be a whole other story. An unraveling of all that darkness pent up in a tiny, fragile glass bottle. There was no defined start, nor a definitive end. A festering wound, strangled by all those words she could never say, all those tears she’d never cry and all that want she would forever long for.

A daughter loved and a daughter loathed.

And fate destined her as the latter. A phantom ghost lurking in that tom’s eyes, a mere distant shadow. She was invisible to him. Perhaps nothing. His silence, his actions… all one step removed. It said everything.

Right?

Her reflection in the tide pools mocked her. A billowing painting, swelling and swirling against the ripples of the waves… and eventually fading. Just like her.

A pebble clattered.

Eagle Stone meandering through the chaos of stone and shells to stand beside her. His head tilted, eyes still on her… and behind him, the rest of the patrol in-tow. Empty-pawed.

She shook her head. Unfortunate that the flirting feline couldn’t redirect her actions into something… fruitful. Just futile.

Turning aside, she eyed the waters. A wavering pause, then… a thin fin sliced through the pools. She lunged, plunging into the depths, her jaws snapping around the wriggling creature. (+3FP minnow)
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ blackberry song (0% hunger), eagle stone (0% hunger),
    xxxxx heather flight (0% hunger), glacierstar (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +65XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey found

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP minnow, +3FP minnow
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +81XP → level 0 (123/100XP) → level 1 (23/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: hello! your code is so pretty ─ i love how organized everything looks! there's just one small thing that's missing: pronouns for your patrollers! if you could sneak that somewhere into the "cats on patrol" box for your future explore posts, that would be eternally helpful! everything else looks perfect and i'm looking forward to seeing how all this drama unfolds! ^^
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ explore !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:08 pm

xx
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘
    they were the sirens of flora and fauna. enchanting and alluring in every way as they pranced across the gently rolling hills and valleys.

with the most dainty of dappled curls, their footsteps were like little storms captivated in glass bottles, delicate and deafening all at once as they danced. as the sirens danced.

they were dazzling.
    with their features fashioned of gentle strokes and the crowns of their heads embellished with towers of sienna and gold, nothing.. nothing would ever measure up to the aura they radiated. an aura of serenity, and of a grace beyond any other.

she had never known for such creatures to be so mesmerizing. much less a doe and her fawn, with a stag letting loose a soft, angelic bellow as the crowned king titled his coronet towards the earth, letting each braid of bronze kiss the buds of fallen flowers made of topaz and citrine beneath him. fallen flowers that made his throne.
    (+1 tormentil, +1 exp)

and together, they pranced across the earth, with their tawny curls entangled with the kiss of the wind.
    she had never seen it. she had never seen anything so lovely as a chorus of soft grunts embellished reality with a chime that seemed almost heaven-sent.

then.. it all stopped.
    it all stopped as the fawn wandered a little too far from the watchful gaze of its mother, now lost in the tango that its heart sung as it drummed a hastened beat in its chest.

the fawn was lost.

dappled tresses dancing with the billowing shadows, the song, it now sung was one bejewelled with nightmares. with terror as it wandered even further from its mother.

in another world.. it would’ve been doomed. doomed to a reality of gnashing teeth and snapping jaws, doomed to a nightmare of decay and daffodils, citrine blossoms that would mar the place where it would fall.

but the little fawn wouldn’t fall.. not today.
    because here she was, a wavering silhouette a little ways from the softly bleating soul, one whose eyes were wide and alive with the night sky and its constellations.

“come.” voice radiant in the broken silence, a shiver gently shook the little fawn as it froliced through the billowing valley. a little valley that separated them before it didn’t.. not any longer.

“come here, little one.”

a hushed melody fluttered upon the little fawn’s lips, a gentle grunt and a bleat all at once as the shadows dwindled, replaced with a new aura that seemed almost breathtaking. “you have something on you... let me get it for you.”
    (+1fp [bug], +1fp [bug], +2exp)

and together, they basked in the golden glory of the morning star, admiring how it glistened and set reality alight with an ethereal luminescence that could never be matched, and… it was perfect. perfect til the sun bowed down to the moon and revealed a lonely doe bounding across the valley, letting loose a soft, bellowing symphony that embellished the silence with beauty and heart-wrenching longing.

so in the fall of twilight and the constellations alike, it was only then when her voice shattered the breathtaking dream that had come true for just a little while.

“go, little fawn… i think your mother is looking for you.
    and beneath the moon carved into the most lovely of crescents, the fawn was gone, with the soft gallop of the its dancing footsteps dwindling into nothing.
┌────────────────────────────────────────┐

totals;;
// +10% hunger miststar // +2fp // +1 tormentil // level 1 (199/200) -> level 2 (12/300) // xxx

level up!! <3 +1fp [of your choice], +1 herb [of your choice], +1 common edit

words written exp;; + 0 exp
patrol exp;; + 10 exp
food + herb exp;; +3 exp
additional exp;; n/a
death opt;; no
total exp;; +13 exp

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoxyTBDW » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:57 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Shrew | 1 FP
Mice | 2 FP
Squirrel | 3 FP
Rabbit kit | 4 FP
Plump Rabbit | 5 FP
new predators:
Hawk
Bald Eagle
Dog
Badger
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? No
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoxyTBDW » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:33 am

MistClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Miststar fluffed out her pelt. She slipped out of camp, swiftly and quietly. The moonlight shown down on her, turning her a pale silver, like the stars. She crouched beneath the trees, enjoying the chirping of crickets. A grasshopper leaped by, and she gazed at it happily. She was calm. As she looked around, she could smell the scentmarkers. She wrinkled her nose at the foul smell of fox scat, as a fox had trespassed on her territory. She continued through the territory, deciding to patrol the border. Everything was calm, and quiet.

As Miststar continued, she flicked her ears. A firefly had passed by. She sniffed it, and looked calmly at it. She swatted at it, batting playfully. She didn't even hit it out of the air, as she didn't want to disturb the peace. Suddenly, there was rustling in the bushes. A fawn appeared, and swiftly ran to safety, as the baby doe was afraid of being injured by the cat.

Miststar crouched again, she began crawling towards the baby fawn. The fawn didn't notice her, until she was near. She gently laid a paw on the doe that was frozen with fear. "I won't hurt you," Miststar meowed, fully aware this doe wouldn't understand the words she said but instead the feeling of her calming words. The doe sniffed at the she-cat, her nose shining in the moonlight.

The doe sniffed at the cat, and lay peacefully beneath the tree. They sat for a while, calm and collected. As the moon shifted across the sky, she began to lift herself, and realized it was time for a border patrol. "I must go, little one," she meowed peacefully, and the fawn lifted herself as well, and leaped away. [ 290 words ]

-- cats on patrol
MistClan | She/her| HP 95% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
Form
-- level 2
experience: 12
-- items in inventory used
x1 Bugs
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
No
-- inventory
Bugs | 1 FP | x3
Shrew | 1 FP | x0
Mice | 2 FP | x0
Squirrel | 3 FP | x0
Rabbit Kit| 4 FP | x0
Plump Rabbit | 5 FP | x0
Eagle | 5 FP | x1

Ragwort Leaves | x1
Dock | x1
Elder leaf | x1
Lavender | x1
Daisy Leaf | x1
Alder Bark | x1
Dried Oak Leaves | x1
Tormentil | x1
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saltcow » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:19 am

I'm picking my own!

new prey :

scraps, various bugs, gecko, cotton rat, pupfish | 1 FP
gundi, xerus, brown bat, kingfisher, rock hyrax | 2 FP
hare, dove, bustard, meercat, (young) peccary | 3 FP
desert iguana, roadrunner, ringtail, loon | 4 FP
white-nosed coati, jackrabbit, mallard duck, armadillo, snowy egret | 5 FP

new predators :

1. ferruginous hawk
2. jackal
3. dingo
4. mountain lion
5. jaguar
6. wolf
7. brown bear
8. caracal
9. python
10. rattle snake
11. coyote

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? : yes please <3
saltcow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 ! ] ── ☀

Postby saltcow » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:56 am

ImageImage
[ this is my first explore post ! | n/a | word count : 752 ]

☀ ── the sun was beginning to rise, and so was the temperature. duststar knew they should already be out looking for herbs and something to eat, but they had spotted a dingo roaming around nearby the other day, which had put them on edge. duststar was in no way capable of taking down a dingo on their own, so distance was the only thing keeping them safe at the moment. this distance had also kept them away from the food, water, and herbs they so desperately needed in the hot desert conditions, leaving them significantly weaker than usual. this was a battle of survival, and only the ones mentally and physically strong enough to carry on would succeed. knowing this, duststar quickly set off, doing their best to beat the sun and its omen of sweltering heat. once they were a good distance away from the small camp they had set up, they began to search for food, water, and herbs, any sort of sustenance being at the top of the list of priorities. they began sniffing around, searching for, well, anything really. duststar's ears perked up, what was this, a scent? it was ! it smelled, old and a little rotten, but at this point, duststar was willing to eat anything. following the scents trail, they came to find an older carcass of an arabian sand gazelle. it was heavily picked over, but there were still enough scraps to feed them for a few days. with the sun rising, as well as the heat, it permitted carcasses and other things scent to become stronger, but it also caused any living things energy to diminish quickly. duststar needed to get back, and quickly, or else they would end up like that gazelle sooner rather than later. they began trotting towards home, taking a different route than last time as to not draw attention to themselves. on the way back, they had passed a few plants that could be harvested for herbs, which they did. not being able to carry anymore, duststar left what they couldn't carry, taking a mental note of the rest of the herbs location.
☀ ── upon arrival back at their camp, duststar set out the herbs to dry to begin the storing process. after setting out the herbs to dry on a large flat rock area, duststar moved on to storing the scraps they had gathered. not wanting the scraps to rot anymore than they already had, duststar decided to store them in his den (a burrow like den with a hole in the sand for an entrance), which was darker and cooler than the outside during the day. they dug a small nook in the wall of their den, the sand being more malleable further down as more moisture is locked in. not being able to do much during the day, as the weather and heat is much too dangerous to accomplish anything safely, duststar decided to rest in their den till the sun set, giving them time to thoroughly think of a plan on how to bring back the herbs they had found earlier. duststar was the type of cat to just assume every other cat knows whats going on in their head, so they kinda just go off to do stuff assuming everyone knows where they are off to and what they are doing. they mean well, but tend to get themselves into trouble regularly because they do dangerous things by themself, assuming others will be there to help when things go wrong (nobody has any idea where they are.) duststar is blind in their right eye, givinging them a disadvantage at fighting, hunting, and well, walking straight at times, but they make up for it by being a tenacious fighter with the words 'giving up' or 'surrender' nonexistent in their vocabulary. they will do anything to protect their clan, and they especially have a soft spot for newly made apprentices, taking the time to get to know each one when they are made one. duststar is seen as. a wise old grandfather, more than a father figure to any of the cats, even though he really isn't that old, and oh boy does he milk this. whenever he doesn't want to do something, they claim they are 'too old, and too fragile' to do whatever they've been asked to do. they don't do this often, they usually just do it to go sneak off with kits or young apprentices to go goof around.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

─ cats on patrol wrote:duststar | any pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/ [ N ]

─ custom predators and prey wrote:predators and prey fitted to location (here)
─ level 0 wrote:experience: 0 / 100

─ items in inventory used wrote:Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.

─ active quests wrote:quest no. 1 ─ wip.

─ opt in to death wrote:yes / [ no ]
if yes, link to opt-in form
─ inventory wrote:prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
Last edited by saltcow on Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
saltcow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me