Re: develop - myo event '21 - open

Postby Rosemoon » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:03 pm

Username + ID#: Rosemoon #941592
Kalon Link: Sydney
Chosen Prompt: Create a new game / sport that this kal enjoys playing
Prompt Response:
"Two words: Water Lacrosse. It's just lacrosse, but in the water-" Sydney wrote in her journal. She always wrote things in here that she has big ideas for. There were things like "drone that brings you and feeds you snacks", and "plastic skeleton that holds your coats". This, however, was different because it's something she actually plays... or at least used to when she had friends.
"Okay so, lacrosse. You hold your stick with the scoop at the end. Yeah? And you stand on your surfboard riding the waves. With the stick. And you cradle the ball as your surfing, and someone else has to try and get the ball from you while also surfing. You can pass it to other teammates, you can catch the ball, all the same as normal lacrosse, just unnecessarily harder. When I say it's difficult I mean DIFFICULT".
Sydney stopped and stared out her window. There was a path that lead down to the beach, and she felt her mind wander as she remembered all the times she played this made up game with her old friends. She took one last look in her book.
"So yeah, water lacrosse. It's uh, it's something I've been working on for a long time. It's my favorite sport. Wish I had people to play it with again. Feels real weird not having friends to do stuff with anymore... Not important. This isn't a diary. I plan on trying to get this recognized by the sports national. Try to, anyways. Wish me luck!"

Token Worth: [255 Words] 2 Tokens
Previous Responses: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Chosen Prompt: What is their world’s creation story?
Prompt Response:
Sydney was sweating bullets as the small kit looked up at her with wide curious eyes. Questions like "where do we come from?" and "how was the world made?" are things kits normally ask their parents... not their babysitters. Sydney had NO idea what to tell this small and impressionable child. What could she say? Clearly something like this was very nuanced and varied in believe from person to person. So whatever she told this child had to be as vague as possible so they could form their own opinion.
"Well, you see honey, no one truly knows. We all have our own... ideas, about how our world was created-" Sydney started but the kit interrupted her.
"No, I know that. I'm asking what do YOU think?" he gave a pleading look. Sydney was turning red with stress.
"Uhm... okay, this is... complicated..." she sat down, "I guess uh... in my theory, a long time ago there was a young being. Hairless except for the top of their head, and they were very troubled. Sometimes this being would feel lonely and create worlds of friends to spend time with. One day, they created a world that was similar to the one they spent their time the most in. They called it Kalverse- our home. There they created the first of the kalons and let them roam to create what we have today. I believe they made our world by taking pieces of their world that they thought were their favorite and sticking them together. The pieces stuck by squeezing them in the tightest hug bound and warmed by love. But uh, you know... that's just my own personal thing..."
The kit was wiggling with joy.
"Wow! That's so amazing! I like that theory. I especially like how it sounds like we're just... all made of love and kindness and everything. I love it so much!" the kit paused.
"Am I made out of love and hugs too?"
Sydney leaned down and hugged the kit close, she hugged them like she was putting the pieces back together.
"You're made of the best love and hugs, honey. All of them".

Token Worth: [358 Words] 2 Tokens
Previous Responses: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ggez » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:39 pm

Username + ID#: dark ranger 1006551
Kalon Link: Venusaur
Chosen Prompt: "Your Kal just saw a shooting star, what do they wish for?"
Prompt Response: he wishes for world peace | click
Token Worth: bustshot (3 tokens), shading (2 tokens), color (3 tokens), animation (5 tokens), background (5 tokens) --> 18 tokens
Previous Responses: "Do they have any pets?" | "What's their favorite accessory?" | "Do they want kids?" | "They found a lost child crying, what do they do?" | "Do they enjoy school?" | "What is one thing they have a passionate opinion about?"
ggez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:36 pm

♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Domino Tricks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:24 am

Username + ID#: Domino Tricks 972572
Kalon Link: Solaris
Chosen Prompt: What’s your character's ideal date like?
Prompt Response:

Token Worth: 19
(Fullbody- 4, Shading- 2, Color- 3, Background- 5, Multiple character- 5)

Previous Responses: Unique flora Famous ruins

Username + ID#: Domino Tricks 972572
Kalon link: Solaris
Chosen Prompt:If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
Prompt Response:

Token Worth: 18
(Bust-shot- 3, Shading- 2, Color- 3, Background?-5, Multiple character- 5)

Previous Responses: Unique flora Famous ruins + The above^
x[ Artshop ]
x[ Mythlings ]
x[ © ]
My name is Cas, I go by He/they.
I draw for c$, pets, and Flight Rising currencies.
DMs always open.
x
Domino Tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:07 am

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: "What is one myth or story that is unique to their world?"
      Prompt Response:
          Insomnia hummed a contemplative note, his eyes studying his conversational partner with a keen curiosity. “You seriously want to know about them?” Insomnia asked with a subtle scoff, rolling his blue eyes with a mix of reluctance and amusement, “Everyone knows Godsouls are just a dumb urban legend. They don’t really exist, it’s just dumb high school gossip. A silly story, no doubt derived from another silly story, and back and back, forever in an endless chain of recycled ideas and concepts. My point being, there’s no way the story holds credence, so there’s no reason to know about them. If you’ve heard one myth, surely you’ve heard them all.”

“I do insist, Somn,” the other man said, his eyes thoughtful and patient, undeterred by Insomnia’s aloof nature and flippancy. He was still at ease, his gaze impartial and kind no matter what Insomnia had done over the course of their many interactions to try and shake it. The man got the sense that Insomnia had a habit of pushing people away or trying with all his might to push them away in any case. That this was one of his many attempts to avoid connection. He leaned forwards a bit in his chair, bright eyes ever watchful, “Tell me about the Godsouls. It was a popular story at your boarding school, wasn’t it? I wasn’t exposed to such things, so I don’t have the advantage of knowing what you do about them. Inform me, if you’d be so kind.”

Insomnia sighed, rolling his eyes again with a flippant flick of his heavy tail. “Fine fine, I suppose if you’re so desperate to know, I can tell you just a bit. But know that I don’t believe in any of this garbage for even a second,” Insomnia huffed a stubborn sigh, folding his arms together and reclining in his seat. The looming shade of a man kicked one foot over the other and grudged to engage in fantasy for a moment. “Let me begin the story by saying no one has ever seen a Godsoul. That’s not the point. Godsouls aren’t things you see, or know, or any of that. They’re a mystery sewn into the very fabric of the universe itself, an unknowable unknown, an impossible impossibility. That sort of paradoxical language surrounds them and their nebulous existence. Basically, Godsouls are nowhere, and everywhere. They exist in imperceptible ways. If that’s true, you may be wondering, then how is there even a story at all about such creatures? If no one can know, then how can we even suspect? It does seem to be a logical impossibility.” Insomnia sighed, whisking a dismissive hand, “At least, that was my thought. When I asked, what I was told was that Godsouls are, in some sense, known because they lie nascent in us. When people pass on, sometimes their souls do not go to an afterlife, they shift forms, change shapes, and become Godsouls. That is, they become the gods of their own worlds. They change from being mortal into immortal, and their thoughts, the creative reality they contain in their mind, becomes a new world that they preside over. It is because Godsouls lie dormant amongst all of us until their inevitable passage from our world to theirs that we have the stories. In some hidden way, Godsouls are aware of themselves. They tend to be creative personalities, imaginative sorts who go into storytelling, artistry, game development and the like—the kind of person who makes up a rich story world. These people figure they’ve also come up with the concept of Godsouls, that they’ve created an interesting little story—but the thing is, allegedly, Godsouls are real, and the kinds of people who think they’ve stumbled upon an original creative concept have actually just tapped into the cosmic fiber to guess the existence of our unknowable unknown.”

He paused, exhaling a heavy sigh with a shake of his head. Blue eyes looked tired, fatigued with some equally unknown entity.
          “See, you must know why I said they’re terribly foolish now,” Insomnia added with another defiant huff, “That’s all so cryptic and vague. They may as well be Big Foots, Nessies or whatever else. There’s no way that souls shift like that. No way for a man to become a god. And no sense in thinking it, either.” His tail flicked again dismissively, “So it’s all silliness.”

“I suppose I do see where you’re coming from,” the man replied thoughtfully, watching every little tick of Insomnia’s body language, “But how did this story even come to circulate? What context did your classmates talk about it in? Surely you can understand that this seems to be a very odd conversational topic to emerge. How would one even think to mention them?”
          Insomnia paused. He reclined a little further in his chair, propping a hand up under his chin as he mulled it over. The story had always stuck out more than the context, so it took a minute to pull back into focus. “I suppose… usually it came up when we were telling the other silly ghost stories and legends. The tree on the campus that was said to cause your true love to accept your confession, the ghost that haunts the third stairwell from the art room, all those stories. However…”

He trailed off, his voice abruptly heavy and thoughtful, sounding a touch more… distant, if only for a moment.

“I suppose it also circulated after the accident quite a lot more…” Somn added, his gaze trailing to the floor, “After They went missing, people were more concerned with passing on, I suppose. So, the gossip picked back up after a lull, and the story was also told in that context. It was awfully heavy stuff, but… we were young, and didn’t properly understand.”

The man offered a hand to Insomnia, who shied away from it skeptically. He replied, “Alright. I apologize for bringing it up, Somn. Thank you for talking to me. I feel… like I understand a little bit more now.”

Godsouls… The man mulled them over in his mind. They seemed like a skeptical existence, but… the story had cropped up at more than one school, more than one country. Inexplicably, people all seemed to have the same thought no matter where they were or what culture they were immersed in. It was suspicious… potentially suspicious enough to be true. But who could say for sure?

Token Worth: 1,078 words - 10 tokens !
      Previous Responses:
      Who are their most trusted friends?
      Are they an early bird or a night owl?

If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
      What is their favorite accessory?
      What was their childhood bedroom like?
      Describe their ideal world.
      What is their world's creation story?
      "Blood is thicker than water" or "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb"?
      A smell they absolutely HATE.
      What do they use as an escape?
Last edited by rem sleep on Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:10 am

Username + ID#: rem sleep #224745
      Kalon Link: insomnia tenebrous - oekaki page
      Chosen Prompt: "Does magic exist? Describe it and its limits."
      Prompt Response:
          “Yes, actually,” Insomnia replied with a surprising amount of lightening considering his broody disposition. Thus far he’d demonstrated skepticism towards literally everything—myths, aliens, the cosmos at large, deities and all things in between. But apparently, magic was one of the few things Insomnia actually believed in. “No, seriously, it’s true. I wouldn’t make this up. I’ve seen magic before, all sorts of magic. There’s a coven that operates on the border of this city, for Christ’s sake.”

The other man chuckled warmly, “I don’t doubt that, but it is odd for you to believe something so strongly like that. You’re somewhat of a skeptical personality type, Insomnia, so you must forgive me for thinking it a little entertaining.” The other man’s disposition warmed, his calm support an undercurrent now to a pleasant solar glow. Now that Insomnia wasn’t being so standoff-ish and broody, his companion was in higher spirits. “What all do you know about magic, Insomnia?”

“Probably not as much as you,” Insomnia replied with a subtle huff of warm air. He wasn’t sure what to make of his conversation partner’s sunny disposition. He didn’t dislike it, but it was… a change of pace from what he was used to. He didn’t exactly know how to handle it, but for now, he let it be. “Magic is what composes the universe. It tethers all existent and nonexistent things together, flowing through everything that is, intangible thread in the Deity’s intangible web of the universe. All things have magic in them, of varying type and to varying degree. For instance, there’s a specific kind of magic that composes the fae—and a specific kind of magic that gives life to our imaginary friends, our guardian angels, our personal demons and monsters in the closet. There’s also just the general magic that creates the universe, the kind that gives life as well as taking it. This broad kind of magic is less focused than the other kinds, and it can be used for any number of different things. Fae have focuses, and these are specific restrictions on their magic—for instance, a solar fae can only use solar type magic. However, if you were a user of general magic, you could do more things than just heat and fire. If… that makes sense.” He huffed, “I still don’t know why you want me to talk about this, you know much more about magic than me…”

“Because it’s interesting to hear your perspectives, Insomnia,” the man replied thoughtfully, jotting down another couple of notes down on his note pad with his pen. “You’re a very unique character, you know. Just hearing you talk about things is interesting, because your perspectives are always unconventional in thought-provoking ways.” The man’s curious gaze flitted up from his notes to Somn, who found he was now looking away with a subtle huff of warm air again. What was this positive attention, anyway? Somn was used to people telling him he was just… exceptionally weird and should probably shut his mouth more often than not. Hearing someone wanted to know more about what he thought and perceived… was almost surreal, in an odd sort of way.

“Well, I do appreciate it…” Insomnia muttered in reply, his gaze lingering on a particularly interesting tile of the floor, “As for the coven of witches… well, they channel from the general magic. You know how I said everything had magic inside it, sort of connecting it together? Well, because everything has a sort of nascent magic to its being, everyone can use magic. It’s a skill like any other that gets better with practice, but it’s an aptitude everyone has. For instance, you and I can’t use magic, but can’t… isn’t quite as restrictive as one might think. When you say you can’t swim, that’s because you haven’t learned how, but you still could learn and then, your “can’t” would turn into a “can”. It’s not the same as saying you can’t fly. There’s nothing you can do to really change your ability to fly—you weren’t born with wings, therefore you can’t fly—and you can’t really learn how to fly, or anything like that. The second kind of “can’t” is the more restrictive kind, and magic is the first kind. You can always learn how to use magic. There is a negative rhetoric around magic about how only certain people can tap into it at all—but I personally think that rhetoric is just perpetuated by certain groups that want to keep magic all to themselves, so they make other people think they can’t have any. But one’s limit on their magic is pretty much only determined by how much work they put into practicing… you’d be surprised the breadth of what one can do if they’re persistent in their studies.”

“That makes sense,” The man replied as he jotted down more careful notes in elegant scrawl, “You said you can’t use magic, but you know an awful lot about it. Is there any particular reason that you know what you do? Did you learn from anyone in particular?”
          “Not really,” Insomnia replied, though that wasn’t entirely true. He remembered the person who had told him all this. He sighed, exhaling a heavy breath from his lungs. “I just… get curious and I like to research things. I did look into magic when I was having my doubts about its reality. The other things I’m skeptical of… are things I couldn’t find enough information to prove to myself were real. That’s all.” His tail wound around one leg of his chair in a tense spiral. There was… something there. Some tie to a magical creature that was just out of view, and out of the scope of this prompting question.

The interviewer noticed this, saw the tense glint in Insomnia’s eyes that spoke volumes of some greater topic currently unspoken. The half-truth was tangible in the air, but… something about that same tension told him that Insomnia wouldn’t respond well to being prompted about it just yet. For now, the reason why Insomnia knew so much about the magic of the ambient universe was unknown. There must’ve been some strong proof, to get him to believe enough to say he did. But what was that proof exactly? Only time would tell.

“Thank you, Insomnia, for your response,” the interviewer replied after a moment of calculating thought on his next move. “As always, you’ve proven both helpful and entertaining.”
          Insomnia offered a small lopsided half-smile but said nothing more.

Token Worth: 1,091 words - 10 tokens !
      Previous Responses:
      Who are their most trusted friends?
      Are they an early bird or a night owl?

If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
      What is their favorite accessory?
      What was their childhood bedroom like?
      Describe their ideal world.
      What is their world's creation story?
      "Blood is thicker than water" or "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb"?
      A smell they absolutely HATE.
      What do they use as an escape?
      What is one myth or story that is unique to their world?
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mastergirl7 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Username + ID#: Mastergirl7 + 818809
Kalon Link: here ^^
Chosen Prompt: Are they a beach or a hike kind of person — or neither?
Prompt Response:
Maude actually really likes the beach! Although he only goes out at night, and still finds it too hot. He enjoys the waves and the friendly locals.

Token Worth: 17
Fullbody (4), Colour (3), background (5), multiple character (5)

Previous Responses: What would their secret hideout look like?

Awesome people~

My Kals ♡

Hello! I go by Mastergirl7 or Waddely, whatever you prefer to call me. :>
I'm not sure on what to put in my signature so I'll keep it brief. :v
I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you have a nice day/night whoever or wherever you are. Stay safe guys. <3

Avatar made by the awesome artist ChunkyChad please go check them out!
mastergirl7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Chosen Prompt: If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be?
Prompt Response:
"Dear Diary... uh or to whom it may concern. I don't like writing in these things about my personal junk, but my therapist keeps telling me to do it so. I guess it's worth a shot so she doesn't get mad at me again..." Sydney sat on her bed with a notebook turned open and a blue sparkly ink pen in hand. She tapped it against the top of her hand like she always does when she's hard at work thinking.
"Uh, I was told to answer this question; if I could change anything about myself, what would it be? Well for starters, uh. Maybe my anxiety? I have enough to share with the whole of North America. I don't even want any of it. It's... debilitating at the very least. I can't even have an in person job because of it. It's literally trash. So take it away, far away, like forever. I would change that about myself almost immediately if I had a chance. I'm tired of the pain it's caused..."
A tear fell down on the paper. This is why she didn't want to do this, it stressed her out. She started crying and wiped her arm across her face. Her fur stuck together from the wetness of her tears.
"The uh, next thing I would change is my depression. Take that away too. Take away my sensitivity. I cry way too much all the time. My insomnia too. Wait, dang it. I think I misunderstood this assignment..."
Sydney growled and nearly threw her notebook. She didn't like having to do this! It was too much having to think so much about her flaws. Maybe her therapist had a reason for her doing this. Maybe there was something good that was supposed to come out of it. But right now, she felt like it was a waste of time. She was about to give up, she closed her notebook, sat back, and put her face in her paws. It took a few minutes but she ended up sitting back up again and assessing the situation.
"I don't know what I would change about myself," she said to herself out loud, "there's a lot I could choose from... but is that the answer my therapist is looking for? I don't know..." she looked at her notebook. Opening it back up again, she started to write.
"Dear diary. Let's try again. One thing I would change about myself, if I could. Just one. One big thing that would maybe improve my life for the better, right? Is that what I'm supposed to do?" she thought for a minute.
"I guess I would just maybe... maybe not something physical. Maybe not the glaringly obvious parts of me that are upsetting. But I guess... maybe just my outlook on things? Even starting this assignment, I went into it immediately thinking of all the parts of me I should get rid of. I saw myself as a disaster. My outlook on my life was bleak. Maybe that's what I need to change. Just my negative view on things. Yeah, the one thing I would change about myself is my negativity..." she stopped.
"That's something... I can actually change. In real time" she said out loud. She felt a little better thinking about it.

Token Worth: [551 Words] 5 Tokens
Previous Responses: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:46 pm

Username + ID#: Canem Morningstar #1008448
Kalon Link: Eiji!
Chosen Prompt: Preferences | If they had to wear one color for the rest of their life, what would it be?
Prompt Response:
Eiji wrote:"Yellow is clearly the superior color!"

Token Worth: fullbody - 4 tokens
shading bonus - 2 tokens
color bonus - 3 tokens

= 9 tokens
Previous Responses:
Ibuki: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Eiji: n/a
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.

Please, don't contact me for anything else.

| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me