Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby nindroidzane » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Another gust of wind blew through her fur, but Breezewhisper hardly noticed, too pleased with her hunt. She sniffed at her haul for the day, intrigued by all the little leaves and trinkets. At least her belly would be full tonight, even if she was still cold and her fur was sticky. She quickly lapped at one of her paws, trying to remove the residue before it tangled up her fur. The sweet taste reminded her of her kittypet days. Hm. Maybe she would wash it off in the river, instead.

Carefully, she gathered up her quarry into the now abandoned stoat burrow, kicking a spray of snow over it to hide it from any predators or thieves. With a quick sniff to make sure it was hidden from scent, she set off towards the closest rushing of water. Hopefully she would be able to find it again herself. And hopefully the leaves wouldn't be crushed under the cold, hard snow - she wasn't sure if they were useful yet. Surely any crispy little leaves were useful around here. She hadn't found very many so far.

The forest air was cool and crisp, and the winds seemed to have scared everything into their warm homes. She was lucky she'd stumbled upon that stoat burrow - and that lemming, wherever it had been going. She tipped her head to the side as she trotted briskly through the snow, ear twitching. No sounds of danger, or sounds of scuffling prey. She sighed softly, allowing herself to relax and enjoy the sounds of her home while she walked. It really was beautiful.

When she finally arrived at the river, after a quite peaceful walk, she sat at the edge, tilting her head towards the sky. She loved the tundra, she really did. She was grateful she would be able to raise her kit in such a beautiful place. But that didn't stop the tiny nagging at her heart, the remembrance of her old life. She sighed, turning back to the rushing of the water. With one more lap at the sweetness on her paw, she let the memories of warm nights with her housefolk flood through her mind for just a moment. Then, she dipped it gently into the river, letting the waters sweep the memory away.

[ 382 words ] [2/3 free post!]

--inventory
lemming | 2 FP | x1
stoat | 2 FP | x1

honey | soothes sore throats & infections | x1
tansy | treats coughs & heals wounds | x1
catchweed | fastens poultice to wound | x1
stinging nettle | brings down swelling & induces vomiting | x1

--cats on patrol
Breezewhisper | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

--items in inventory used
none!
-- active quests: N/A

--level 0
experience: 34
Last edited by nindroidzane on Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:34 am

MistClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
EchoStar stared out,sitting by Star lake. Her mind raced, she had to finally pick a deputy and she knew exactly who to pick. EchoStar flicked her tail mumbling to herself, this seemed so hard, even though it wasn't! picking a deputy would help her! She told herself,what if the clan didn't respect her choice? She asked herself,a million questions running in her mind at once. She stood up slowly, trying to calm her mind down. "Its O K" She mumbled to herself flicking her tail "Stop being so nervous! your fine! don't worry about it!" She waved her tail looking down at the lake trying to gather herself.
EchoStar headed back to her camp nervously and decided to eat some prey first. She decided to eat a fish, curing her current hunger which made her feel much better. EchoStar sighed "Your fine,Echostar,just take a breath,they'll respect your choice!" She told herself twitching her tail.
Echostar jumped up atop her den calling out to her clan, "Every cat old enough to swim in Star lake come forward!" She called, her voice echoing quietly through the hills. All the cats of her clan gathered whispering to each other wondering what this meeting what about. Echostar gulped starting her actual announcement "I have decided who will be deputy!-" she called out, the whispering growing louder every cat wondering who would be picked for deputy, Echostar never gave shortly thought choices so the clan grew more curious. Echostar shifted her paws watching her clan "CometFire,Your confidence and determination has earned you this rank" Echostar announced her gaze flicked from cat to cat.
Cometfire stood in slight shock. It felt nice though, Echostar trusted her! Her gaze softened and she smiled dipping her head "Thank you so much Echostar, this is a honor" she said purring, waving her tail. Her purple eyes glinting with joy. Cometfire watched every other cat smiling, Deputy..woah.. she thought purring. The whole clan was still cheering and Echostar finally settled them down again.
Echostar watched the cats still after they finally settled down "thank you everybody for welcoming Cometfire into the deputy position" She said calmly "Everybody may leave now" She told them watching the cats leave. Echostar jumped down off her den, deciding to take a rest. She headed into her den watching the sky darken slowly. Spreading to night she watched the clan head to their dens. Echostar finally fell asleep, for the worst it seemed though, her dream slowly turned into a nightmare.
the house was empty,weirdly. Rina's gaze flicked it was dark and her mom was nowhere to be seen. She heard a monster roar come from another room which spooked her. Rina whined scared standing up going to look around for her mom who didn't normally leave her. She wandered around the dark twoleg nest jumping at every little noise around her it all seemed so..scary! She held her tail between her legs running out of the two leg nest terrified. Rina looked around the outside, the 6 moon old cat wandered around nervously. She saw the thunderpath and squeaked seeing the monster charging across the thunderpath. She stuck to the ground coughing letting out a wheeze she looked around shaking her head,that smelled horrible! She trembled as Monsters kept rolling by. She looked around for her mom the sky almost a pitch black as she wandered. Rina looked around calling out "Momm!?" she asked looking around tilting her head scenting the air confused. Finally she spotted her mom laying on the ground..
That was when Echostar finally woke up crying to herself, everything that happened was a replay of when her mom had passed. She remembered everything all to well, she remembered everything that happened beyond that point of when she woke up, though, she was thankful she woke up when she did. She rolled around from side to side unable to fall back asleep. She mumbled to herself trying to fall asleep as it was still practically the middle of the night.
Echostar grumbled to herself unable to go back to sleep again, coming to terms with it she sat up grumbling to herself sighing. She wasn't to tired but tired enough it was noticeable. Hopefully by the time the rest of the clan is up she will feel better! Echostar stood up and wandered around camp making sure everybody was ok and asleep, making sure she didn't wake anybody up. She finally headed back to her den sitting down again getting lost in her thoughts. Why did I have to have a nightmare tonight? Is Starclan really that fed up with me? she asked herself her self doubt growing slowly I hope everything will be ok..its just one nightmare, its gonna be fine Echostar! don't worry about it, stop stressing yourself out, you have deputy now to help you! its going to ease everything up! she told herself trying to be confident. Echostar, your fine,take a breath,your fine! the clan doesn't hate you, neither does Starclan! it was just a bad dream don't stress to much!
She watched rain drip from the leaves she stared up at the sky and gathered her legs under her. She padded out in the rain and ran out of camp purring joyfully. It was always her favorite thing to run in the rain, it made her feel like a kit again and she missed those days. She giggled as the rain hit her pelt. She kept running purring joyfully, spinning around. She laid down of her back giggling, the rain hit her nose and she wagged her tail. Echostar sat up watching the sky shutting her eyes happily. Maybe today would be a better day? she asked her self standing up again the grass was damp and the rain was nice and cool, it felt amazing. The chocolate tortie she-cat continued to dance in the rain, smiling,bouncing up and down,purring and just being happy.
The rain made Echostar feel so much better pitter patter went the rain. Echostar blinked to herself letting out a sigh, the she-cat looked around the hills and feild, the rain made her feel so much better, washing her worry's away. "Thank you Starclan, for the rain" she thanked purring happily. Echostar sat down by a puddle smiling, looking at her yellow eyes,that shined in the reflection, The stripe down her face, the spots by her left ear left eye and the patch on her muzzle, her special tabby markings along each stripe of orange. She smiled waving her tail looking down in the puddle, it was more muddy and cloudy but it wasn't cloudy enough to block out her reflection. She blinked her fur twitching with each gust of wind. It was so nice to be by the water, even if it was just a dusty,cloudy puddle from rain, they did live near water but it always felt good to feel rain. The nice patter of rain as it hit the ground, and it was so nice to listen to aswell! The rain washed away all the dust and all the extra grass and everything that wasn't needed.
Echostar sighed to herself listening to the pitter patter of rain drops as they hit the ground softly. Cometfire padded over to Echostar and nudged her "Hello? Echostar?" She asked her half teasing, the whole clan knew how much Echostar loooovveedd the rain! Echostar twitched her ears startled "Oh! uh! yeah?! sorry!" she squeaked looking at Cometfire. Cometfire chuckled watching her 'What are you doing out here?" she asked curious "I could ask you the same thing!" Echostar retorted embarrassed.
Cometfire chuckled "i was coming to find you, I'm going to go hunt, want to come with me?" she asked her, leaving her last question. "Sure?" Echostar said standing up
[ 1,318 words ]

--cats on patrol
Echostar | HP 95% | HUP 20% (now 0% with the eaten prey)| Sick: N
Cometfire | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 195

--inventory
Fish | 2fp | 1 (-1 eaten)
Vole | 2fp | 1
Rabbit | 4fp | 1
Scraps | 1fp | 2

Hawkweed | 1
Rush | 1
Chickweed | 1
Wintergreen | 1
-1 fish
-- active quests:
n/a
Last edited by SushiFoxx on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── explore replies !! ))

Postby faelyn » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:24 am

┌───────────────────────────────────┐

nothing would ever be the same. not without him.. arezo.

she couldn’t forget those little moments.. the ones where she and arezo had danced upon shores of gold. where they had
    watched butterflies of blue lap at the shoreline, sharing their secrets beneath the stars

even when he was gone.. he was still everywhere.
    everything about him was still engraved upon this island, like a shadow that wouldn’t pass. his smiles. his voice. the soft
    comfort he gave when the stars hung low from the night skies. it was all still there. even when he wasn’t.

memories. there were far too many of them. and not even the mystery of the three-legged cheese would distract her
    from them.

“silverleaf?” eyes, the extravagant hue of an emerald shone as they fluttered to her, dark with the barest hint of concern
    as the healer's apprentice gently tapped her with a paw. “are you even listening?”

she blinked.
    “forgive me, sorrelpaw.” emerald eyes seemed to soften as the apprentice glanced up at her, a thousand questions
    swirling within their depths. “tell me.. what were you saying before?”

“oh, i was just saying how i found some herbs around camp! they are a bunch of them around a-”
    (+1 comfrey root, +1 deadly nightshade, +2 juniper berries, +4 exp)

“where’s echofall?” where had he gone? it couldn't have been too long ago, since he was by her side.

but still, there was no sign of the gentle tom. no sign of those pastel curls. no sign of that soft, comforting presence that
    always stood over her shoulder. nothing. “did he go somewhere?”

“i-i’m not sure. i think- but i could’ve sworn he was here a moment ago.”

her heart seemed to wither in her chest. a lily in the angelic ivories of an early winter.

-----------

“echofall?” voice gentle while captivated in the lap of rising tides… dancing just a little ways beyond her was a bird. an
    eagle. it must’ve strayed far from home.

then.. she saw him. she saw echofall.
    his soft, verdant eyes had fluttered to the skies above, before the disappearing behind a thistle bush. the gentle tom hidden
    behind the violets of drooping blossom.

but, the eagle was coming close. too close.
    it knew.

it only came then. the eagle had seen echofall.. and it was ready.

“echofall! don’t!” no. all she could do was watch… watch as the gentle tom pounced upon the eagle, his ivory
    claws glinting in the mellow glow of the sun.

feathers, the warm shade of sienna, were falling to cadence of an eagle's cry .. falling from their place in the skies to the earth
    below. but those feathers weren't the only ones falling.
    (+4fp [large bird], +4 exp])

thud.
    the gentle soul had fallen, paw bent at a slight angle.

“it’s going to be alright, echofall.” a soft groan danced from the advisor’s lips, filling reality with an unease that seemed to
    pierce her heart. “trust me on this, alright?”

wide, emerald eyes found hers. sorrelpaw's.

“there’s something wrong with his paw.. he must’ve landed wrong when he caught the bird. i think it’s sprained.”
    (-2 health for echofall [pawsprain] ! :c no herbs or rest required. )

“he’s a very lucky cat… a fall like that could’ve done a lot more damage.”

silverleaf startled.

lyrical and sweet, a soft voice blossomed from the shadows. it was.. unfamilar. gold eyes peeked from the looming darkness,
    lighting the shadowy canopies with a warm light. “before you ask, i’m furzetuft. i didn't mean to-”

“why are you here?”
    a frown adorned silverleaf’s features as furzetuft sauntered into the light, her gold eyes illuminated by
    the morning's vibrant glow. “i strongly suggest you leave… now. there’s a war brewing, and i’d hate for you to get trapped
    between.”

“ah, it’s fine. i assure you.. i have much better things to think about.” a sweet smile had been laced upon furzetuft’s lips, a
    welcoming gesture that seemed almost… surreal, considering the circumstances. “but.. you, my dear. i think may need a
    distraction… what do you think?”

FURZETUFT IS HERE WITH AN ACTIVE QUEST! SHE WANTS THE PATROL TO CONFRONT A PREDATOR AND TO FIGHT IT!
    ---------------------

+35 exp for words written! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    + 5 exp for saying 'cheese'
    +10% hunger for silverleaf, echofall and sorrelpaw!

totals;;
    +58 exp gained // +10% hunger for silverleaf, echofall and sorrelpaw // +4fp // +1 comfrey root, deadly nightshade, +2 juniper
    berries // level 2 (10/300) -> level 2 (68/100)

└───────────────────────────────────┘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ┌───────────────────────────────────┐

the ocean was an orchestra.

cerulean blossomed against the gold hues of the sand, adorning reality with a gentle cadence. a melody that was so familiar
    to haywing’s heart.

but, within the swirling tides and lapping waves.. silver shone beneath the surface, pirouetting around the little bubbles that
    bursted as the ocean sang. a minnow. the little fish seemed so delicate. delicate enough to be whisked away by the crash of
    waves… but it didn’t.

reaching out, the little creature danced around the ivory of his claws... so, so oblivious to what would come next.
    (+3fp [minnow], +3 exp)

“hey! great catch, haywing!” bright, hazel eyes glinted from the depths of lurking shadows… fudgefeather. “ooh, it's some sort
    of fish... a... ohh, a minnow.”

shoulders lifting in a little shrug, haywing eyes fluttered to the tom for a moment, whose tawny curls were embellished with
    elegant feathers. feathers that carried the aroma of the woods. robin. “i suppose you caught something, too?”
    (+2 fp [small bird], +2 exp]

“yeah, yeah! we did!” a grin curled upon the tom’s lips, something that was far from unfamiliar from fudgefeather. “the
    robin was a little tricky to get! it kept getting away and slipping through our claws-”

“shhh… fudgefeather. “ a breath in. “look.”

glistening, shimmering... it was mesmerizing.
    an ivory carcass, devoured to the very bone. seeming to shine with the light of a thousand stars, there was an intensity… a
    strangeness to this carcass beyond anything haywing had ever seen. a certain force that urged him to investigate.

haywing stood his ground.
    but fudgefeather- well... he didn’t.

“woah… this is insane.” fudgefeather’s voice blossomed in the hush that fell over the woods, shattering whatever peace that
    was left within them. “there’s something shiny in this skeleton.. wait.. just let me get it-”
    (congrats! you rolled for an item! [ +1 boon of fertility] )

“what did you find?”
    “ah, just a random gemstone.. pretty cool, though!” lifting it to the beams of light that dappled the shoreside, the jewel
    seemed almost… surreal. the hue of roses, it tinted the gold lights a dark scarlet. something that seemed almost.. ominous.
    “want to see?”

"let me see." chartreuse eyes shone ever-so slightly in the shadows, glinting with interest as they pranced into the open
    ah, nectarineswirl.

“i'm sure there’s better things to do. come, you two.. lets-”

“wait, do you smell that?” haywing could see the tom’s eyes widen, those forest eyes glinting with… dread? they weren’t quite
    sure. haywing had never seen fudgefeather quite as anxious. he was always that grinning cat with stories enough to last for days
    at a time. it wasn’t quite like him.

“it’s a badger… a badger is nearby.”

FUDGEFEATHER HAS CAUGHT THE SCENT OF A BADGER? WILL THE PATROL PURSUE THE PREDATOR OR IGNORE IT?

---------------------
    +45 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +0% hunger (no more free posts left) !

totals;;
    +64 exp gained // +0% hunger // +5fp // +1 boon of fertility // level 1 (45/200)-> level 1 (113/200)

└───────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by faelyn on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[016.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:21 am

OCEAN CLAN !
    user + clan link: bunnoblizzard + clan archive
    responding to: bunnoblizzard's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+50XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+12XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found, +2XP for item found
    The wind rushed through her thick fur, sending it streaming out in thick, gold strands behind her. It was almost enough to chase away those dark, looming thoughts settling like a writhing storm over her head. Almost.

Peachcrown lifted her head, tossing a quick glance over her shoulder.

Her ‘opponent’ lurched to keep up, near breathless. Cerulean eyes sparkled as the young apprentice pulled her head down, forcing another burst of speed. “I’ll getcha! Almost━ almost there.”

She chuckled, slowing her pace. Perhaps one day Squirrelpaw would catch up in a true race. For now, she held a slight advantage on all fronts. Experience, height and… her brows furrowed. Well, perhaps not.

Cherrybounce was by far the better warrior. Her dear sister and friend. One she’d never trade for the world.
    But sometimes━

A pale glint flickered next to her paw. Pausing, she swept a paw over the dirt, unearthing the… strange object. A shell… of sorts. It glowed, shimmering in alternating shades of rose, mauve and coral, the ripples along its shell swirling ━ evolving with every passing second. (+1 revive ━ brings a dead cat back to life!)

“Hey, Peachcrown?” Squirrelpaw sidled up beside her, pressing a cool nose against her shoulder. She pointed a paw ahead. “What are those… round things? Are they useful?”

A pale bulbous-like stalk rested against the dirt, its thin leaves frazzled and knotted together. Tufts of fur… and blood, hues of crimson and russet, streaked the area around. A white rabbit lay lifeless across the ground, a small grey mouse next to it. Almost like… a prey pile. (+1 fennel, +4FP rabbit, +2FP mouse)

Her nose twitched as the scent hit her.

“Fox,” she murmured, shoulders stiffening. Her nose found Squirrelpaw’s scruff, gently nudging the apprentice over. Reaching down, she picked up the bulb-like herbs, nudging them closer to the prey pile.

Squirrelpaw’s head cocked, eyes widening. Her voice was hushed, barely above a whisper. “A fox?”

A fox (predator) has been scented in Ocean Clan's territory!
    Does the pair choose to pursue the creature or leave it alone to continue on their patrol?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ peachcrown (30% hunger), squirrelpaw (10% hunger)

xxlast patrol (all fed except brokenscar!)
    xxxx↳ brokenscar (30% hunger), puddlefern (0% hunger), rosetta (0% hunger)

xx+86XP → level 4 (442/500XP)
    xx+4FP rabbit, +2FP mouse
    xx+1 fennel
    xx+1 revive item (brings a dead cat back to life!)
    xx-2FP vole, -3FP squirrel, -4FP bird (fed to last patrol!)

notes; n/a! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

CLAN OF ETERNAL SUN !
    user + clan link: mutatedcry + clan archive
    responding to: mutatedcry's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+20XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+6XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    Gold sand swished along the ground, strung along by the winds, swimming over and around soft-topped dunes. It danced, swirling in the hand of the winds with reckless abandon. Wild and free.

If only time would do the same.

For now, time crawled, slow and agonizing, creeping by to the rhythm of dirty looks being tossed over shoulders. Honeybreeze and Everstumble, a pair eternally locked in the art of non-lethal combat… albeit silent. For now.

Coyotesun rolled his eyes, biting his tongue. He would not say anything ━ he refused. The pair would bicker to no end. Stars above, they'd bicker until the sun and stars fell from the skies to hide from those two. Not to mention any prey. Withholding a long sigh, his gaze roved the sandy dunes, tracing the prickly, sparse shrubs around him.

A rustle invaded the silence, rising above the tense silence. Soft and insistent. His ears pricked, muscles knotting. What was━

"Woah, watch it!" A force slammed into his side, sending him sprawling in the warm sand. Everstumble. The cat kicked up a spray of sand, head whipping about as they reeled back. “You made me lose it. Where━ where is it?”

Coyotesun huffed, shaking his head. "Me?"

"Yeah, you.” They returned a huff, bangs whipping in the winds as they swiveled around on their paws. “It was here a moment ago, until you got in my way━ aha!”

Everstumble pounced, claws closing around a tawny bundle of fur.

“Gotcha.” Their muzzle pulled into a wide grin as they scooped up the tiny critter in their jaws. A soft breeze whistled by parting the long curtain before their eyes. For a breath’s pause, soft green eyes peeked out from beneath the slits, a dancing light within. (+2FP woodrat)

Coyotesun breathed a sigh, offering a small nod towards Everstumble. His head tilted a little as he neared the cat. Upclose, squashed berries and a pale strip clung to their quarry’s matted fur, quivering with the winds. A double bonus. (+1 holly berries, +1 alder bark)

The moment's peace trickled away as pawsteps drew close.

“I never understand how you manage.” Honeybreeze waved a tail in a vague gesture, brows dipped into a furrow. The light-furred cat waded through the sand. “Always stumbling about with that… ” She shook her head, setting her quarry down. “... thing on your head.” (+4FP jackrabbit)

Coyotesun stepped forward, clearing his throat as Everstumble's jaws parted. He shook them a look, giving a quick shake of his head. Not now. “Alright, please. Let’s… I heard something earlier. It was━”

“Rattlesnakes.” Obsidianwatcher offered an unreadable smile, regarding each cat with a brief, fleeting glance. “A nest of them. They’re not too far from here. Question remains, what is it you wish to do with these poisonous creatures?”

A nest of rattlesnakes has been scented nearby! Does the patrol choose to attack these poisonous snakes or leave them alone?

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ coyotesun (0% hunger), everstumble (0% hunger), obsidianwatcher (0% hunger), honeybreeze (0% hunger)

xx+38XP → level 0 (104/100XP) → level 1 (4/200XP)
    xx+4FP jackrabbit, +2FP woodrat
    xx+1 holly berries, +1 alder bark

congrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!

notes; n/a! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Celestial Clan
[url=n/a]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url=n/a]Last Response Received[/url]

At this time of day, Celestial Clan was active and bustling, kits tumbling over each other with a Nebula on their heels, apprentices chatting in groups as they discussed what the day would bring for them. Tallpine would let his Ursa Minor handle patrol distribution for the day, and he told them that much as he slipped out of the camp into the forest. He took a deep breath of fresh air, mostly free from the mixed scents of his clanmates that clogged his senses.
He made his way downhill towards the beach, and the Ocean Stones, dipping his paws into the water as his tail swayed just above the surface. Recent events were putting a strain on the Ursa Major, he recently had to appoint a lone kit as an apprentice, and he had expected her littermates to be standing with her, but when they wandered out of camp without their sister and never returned, she had underwent noticeable changes in her behavior. Honey had been quiet before her siblings went missing, but now she rarely spoke, and even at her apprentice ceremony, she remained silent. Tallpine had assigned her to Silentglade, another cat who rarely spoke, and could hopefully pull her back out of her shell, but the air during the ceremony was heavy, and Tallpine struggled over his words as he recited the sacred words of the ceremony.
He let out a heavy sigh, dipping his face into the water and shaking out his fur, hoping the calming waters of the beach would ease his nerves. It helped, if only a little, but it was something. Tallpine walked along the beach, kicking rocks out of the way and gazing out to the land he could see in the distance to his left, the mainland where few cats had ever set food, behind him the Ocean Stones, the only connection to that mainland. He stood there for countless moments, the breeze coming of the ocean ruffling his fur as he lost himself in his thoughts.

[ 337 words ]

--cats on patrol
Tallpine | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x0
Fish | 2 FP | x0
Mouse | 2 FP | x0
Small Birds | 3 FP | x0
Fish | 3 FP | x0
Sea Gull | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:48 pm

Scorchclan
[url]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url]Last Response Received[/url]
Caramel stands at the edge of the forest, waves of fresh air spilling over their pelt. Their nose twitches in time with their fluffy tail as it swishes back and forth over the dirt path. The forest, an abyss on the edge of civilization, at least in their mind, stands much more unthreateningly before them than they had thought. Rumors circulate easily throughout the nearby town, calling this forest a den of monsters. Fires dot it often, flames flickering across the trees. Smoke. Danger.

But in this cool mid-afternoon, not even a hint of smoke wafts through the breeze. Caramel steps forward. They step away from the path drenched in two-leg stink, out into the green fern and clovers covering the space between red tree trunks. The breeze, empty now of any other scent but the rich earthy tree bark and freshly dug dirt. Another scent, sort of... meaty. And a pulse- a heartbeat!

Caramel crouches low, stretching out so their steps barely register. They spot the fluffy tail sticking out of the brush and a primal instinct takes over. A squirrel! The small creature digs around further in the clover then freezes. A leaf, crackling under their paw. They wince. The squirrel races away.

Ah well. It can only be expected, right? The first hunt never goes that well, does it? Sure they are over 30 moons old, and have attempted to idly catch mice or birds before around their twoleg complex, but those weren't real hunting. They shake it off. They have to keep going. After all, this redwood forest is large and they have all the time in the world.

Their eyes shine in a stream of sunlight as they gaze into the wide open world ahead. The sunlight warms their back and they wonder, maybe, just maybe, they should look for some of those legendary flame cats.
[ 311 words ]

--cats on patrol
Caramel (will be Crispleaf) | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)

I want to risk death!
Username: Chanceuxcat
Clan link: Scorchclan
Last edited by Chanceuxcat on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:40 am

“Tormentil, huh?” Hawkstar’s voice was muffled around the bunch of herbs, their face ringed with the sweet, yellow flowers. “Mmfph, the stems are a little hard to hold…”

“Oh! H-here, I’ll carry them,” Lichenstep offered before she had fully stopped to think, her voice hurried. In the silence that followed, she hoped beyond hope that the clan’s leader did not see the blush that threatened to spread from her cheeks to the points of her ears.

“Only if you’re sure,” came Hawkstar’s response, slightly muted around the stems of the flowering herb, their eyes bright behind its petals.

They leaned close to pass the bundle over, and Lichenstep was sure that she could see a blush beneath their fur, as well! Her heart skipped a beat, and for a moment she feared that she would drop the herbs in her nervousness, before she found a good grip on their fibrous stems.

Hawkstar just smiled, a knowing look shining in their eyes, before they stretched languidly in the sunlight filtering through the trees.

“Shall we head back to camp?” they asked, gesturing back the way the pair had come with a paw. “It doesn’t look like we will find anything for breakfast out this way, and I’m sure Willowmask would appreciate us bringing back the herbs before they wilt too far.”
Lichenstep nodded behind the flowers, their leaves tickling her nose. As was their habit, Hawkstar waited for her to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them before setting off through the ferns and low brush; it was a habit that she had never experienced in her previous clan, with its strictly-regimented structures. Lost in her thoughts and memories, she almost missed the Havenclan leader start to speak.

“Although I had hoped for breakfast, I did have something I wanted to ask you,” they began, tail twitching faintly. “Havenclan has grown substantially over the last few moons, and… And I need help with it all. The cats already look to you for your advice and guidance; they respect you, Lichenstep, and not out of fear.”
Hawkstar stopped walking and looked over to their companion, hope in their eyes.

“Would you… Would you be willing to be my deputy, Lichenstep?”

For the second time this morning, Lichenstep felt her heart skip a beat.
With great care, she set the herbs down on the ground, forcing her movements to be slow and measured to swallow the nerves she felt. That Hawkstar would offer her this position, despite knowing her history, despite everything… The significance of the question was not lost on her.

“It would be my honor, Hawkstar,” she answered, voice scarcely above a whisper as she began to bow to them.
“Oh, please don’t bow to me, my friend,” they interjected, lifting her head with their paw. “I do not ask for you to serve me; I need a friend, someone I know I can trust to help me be the leader Havenclan deserves.”

Lichenstep could only nod, awe visible in her eyes.
“I… You are terribly kind, you know,” she murmured, looking over their shoulder to the wild woodland beyond. “I accept, absolutely.”

Hawkstar’s face lit up with a bright smile, relief silencing the swishing of their tail through the underbrush.
“Perfect, perfect! Thank you!” they cried, then looked around to make sure the sound had not attracted a predator, or other unwelcome attention. “Shall we return to the tree? We still do need to deliver the herb, and it would be nice to talk with you longer.”

Lichenstep nodded, and the two cats resumed their walk back to Forest’s Heart in the soft, midmorning glow.

~~~

By the time the pair had returned, the morning bustle of activity was fully underway at Forest’s Heart, with apprentices and kits eager to begin their adventures, and their mentors and caretakers blearily following after the excited youngsters.
After weaving her way through the crowd of cats to the healer’s root-den, Lichenstep dropped off the tormentil with Maplesong to an earnest thanks from the clan’s assistant healer. Hawkstar was waiting for her higher in the chamber, but before she could go to join them…

“Larchmist?” she called, and the hunter stretched, padding over. “Would you mind going out to hunt with Musselnacre and Sprucefrost? Hawkstar and I didn’t have luck at the river this morning; perhaps there may be more luck towards the coast?”

“Of course, Lichenstep,” Larchmist answered with a smile. “Always happy to help out…!”
With that, Larchmist turned and exited the tree’s hollow, narrowing her eyes to ease the difference between the cool darkness of the tree’s interior and the gently-warm, sunny morning outside.

Musselnacre and Sprucefrost were not hard to find, with both hunters already going through their morning stretches in preparation for a hunt. Finding the pair together was not a surprise, as Sprucefrost had taken a particular shine to the newcomer during their time as an apprentice.
Larchmist understood precisely why Lichenstep had asked her to take both cats out on this particular morning; Musselnacre was relatively new to the clan, and Sprucefrost had just completed their trials to become a full hunter. Bringing them both out on a hunt would be a good way to bring both closer into clan life, as well as to try and catch enough food to feed the many hungry mouths around camp.

“Larchmist, good morning!” Musselnacre called, trotting over with his tail held high. “You look like you have a plan; what’s on your mind?”

“Musselnacre, Sprucefrost, we have been asked to go hunt out towards the coast this morning; are you ready to head out?” the senior hunter asked with a smile, watching the other cats’ eyes light up in anticipation.

“Are we?! Of course we are!” Sprucefrost interjected, practically bouncing out of their skin. This was to be their first hunt as a full hunter of the clan, and their excitement was palpable.

“Well then, let’s be off!”
The trio melted off into the woods, heading for the wild shingle coast and its hopeful bounties.

[ 1002 words ]

--cats on patrol
Larchmist | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Musselnacre | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Sprucefrost | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 2
experience: 8/300

--inventory
tide pool creatures | 1 FP | x8
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

catchweed | fastens poultices to the skin | x1
thyme | calming agent and muscle relaxant | x1
lungwort | treats respiratory infection | x1
willow leaves | painkiller | x2
dandelion | calming and fever relief | x1
catmint | relaxation | x1
fennel | joint pain relief | x1
chickweed | treats respiratory infection | x1
burnet | restorative | x1
tormentil | antidote | x1

[level-up rewards were designated as x1 tide pool creature and x1 willow leaves]
1x vole to feed Lichenstep and Hawkstar
-- active quests:
None
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:25 am

≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Peachcrown stared at the reflection that begun to call out to her, making her feel reckless- even though she knew. Maybe this is my chance... maybe I can take down this fox and... A stick crackled and a tawny face popped out from the undergrowth. Fight. The word echoed in her head like a quiet echo. Squirrelpaw, meanwhile, stood frozen and glued to her friend's side, "P-peachcrown, what do I do? I'm scared..." She whined quietly as the fox snarled viciously, its face now fully out of the undergrowth ahead of them. "Don't be afraid of this foul creature, Squirrelpaw. We must simply scare it off."
[ 108 words ]

--cats on patrol
Peachcrown | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
[url]Name[/url] | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
[url]Name[/url] | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Squirrelpaw | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
--level 4
experience: 442/500

--inventory
Herbs and Prey all updated and found here!
-- items being used
1x Rabbit for Peachcrown + remaining FP using for the next explore post
-- active quests:
[url=url link]quest #1[/url]
Last edited by ivyy. on Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:47 pm

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      ◇ 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐔𝐍 - 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍 !!

xxxxsunclan archive | last post | last response | current level: 0 | experience: 38/100
      xxxx↳ prey | 1 FP | x0 ◇ prey | 2 FP | x0 ◇ jerboa | 2 FP | x1 ◇ spiny tailed lizard | 3 FP | x2 ◇ prey | 3 FP | x0
      xxxxprey | 4 FP | x0
      xxxx↳ herb | usage | x0 ◇ herb | usage | x0 ◇ herb | usage | x0

xxxxitems used: none
      xxxxactive quests: none

xxxxxxxxFLARESTAR ── [ HP - 100% ] | [ HUP - 0% ] | [ SICK - no ]
      xxxxxxxxAPPLESNAP ── [ HP - 100% ] | [ HUP - 0% ] | [ SICK - no ]
      xxxxxxxxMAPLEWISH ── [ HP - 100% ] | [ HUP - 0% ] | [ SICK - no ]

Flarestar allowed for a smile to play upon his features as Applesnap returned to his side, one brow raised slightly. "I never knew you where a hunter." He purred playfully as the rosette merely expressed a small smile of her own. The ginger molly was known for her fierceness among the battlefield - and in general, if one could be honest. Still, the majority of Sunclan - if not all - were given at least basic hunting knowledge. So perhaps, he shouldn't be so suprised...especially considering that their actual hunter had...more or less disappeared.
      XXXXThe tom sighed, shaking his head slightly at the though. Sometimes, he wondered how on earth that molly could hunt - she was distracted so easily. Perhaps they ought to search for her, now that Applesnap had returned. At the very least, they could head back to camp and search for prey on their way back.

Suddenly, the sound of an approaching creature met his ears. Blue eyes flickered to pale yellow ones, which held that of annoyance rather than tension. Turning his head toward the sound, his suspicions were confirmed. Maplewish.
      XXXXBefore he or Applesnap could confront the caliby, the hunter dropped something before them. A rodent. More prey. "Well done, Maplewish." Flarestar meowed to her, with a quick glance toward Applesnap who seemed neutral concerning the situation. At least she'd brought back something of use...unlike on other occasions. The tom was just about to announce that they would be returning now. But before he could do so, Maplewish spoke. And it was not something he wanted to hear.

While the hunter seemed rather casual and unbothered by the situation, he knew Applesnap would be the complete opposite. Great. Now to figure out how to deal with this before one of them takes charge. The flame-point returned his attention to the felines near him, one in particular had gotten particularly agitated. Deciding not to drag things out any further, he spoke.
      XXXX"Applesnap, you are a skilled warrior. I trust your opinion on this situation...I don't exactly feel comfortable with a strange feline roaming around. I doubt he means any harm but...you can never be sure." He said to the rosetted feline, a hint of hesitancy among his voice. He wondered how she might take this, especially concerning his position. How might Maplewish take this? If it comes down to the wellbeing of our clan, then what would it matter?
      XXXXThere was a pause, a moment of silence as the molly thought it over. "I agree." She replied slowly. "I say we approach him, though carefully. Keep our distance." There was a flash within her eyes, as if something had suddenly come to mind. "I'll go. Maplewish can follow a few tail-lengths behind. You...can stay here. The last thing we need is for something to happen to you." She decided afterwards, before adding "Though, I'm sure we'll be alright." She gave the tom a half-smile before turning to the caliby. "Maplewish, follow me. Though stay behind me a couple of tail-lengths. I know you're skilled at doing such." She then whipped around toward the dark-furred tom, quickly setting the pace as she led her companion toward the stranger.

Flarestar obeyed, merely staying behind. Such felt rather awkward, a time where his anxieties were sure to settle in through his thoughts or otherwise. To avoid this, he merely focused on the shrinking forms of the two mollies, hoping that the unknown tom wasn't the hostile type.

─── wc: 575 words
Last edited by wildsight on Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:54 pm

Clan of Eternal Sun
Location; Great Basin Desert
───────

A growl rumbled through Coyotesun's throat, and he dug his claws into the sand. "Great. Rattlesnakes. That's just what we need."

Thank the Sun they didn't have kits in the Clan yet, or else this situation would have been much more dangerous. A rattlesnake could easily incapacitate a fully grown cat, but would outright steal kits from their nests and eat them, and their bites could easily kill a younger cat. Everstumble was young, but not young enough to be in true danger.

Coyotesun raised his head, blinking through the night's haze towards the dark shapes of the Shelter, still visible on the horizon.

"I don't like how close they are to the Shelter," Honeybreeze broke the silence, speaking the words running through Coyotesun's mind. "Someone's not going to know any better and walk straight through that nest."

Honeybreeze didn't look at Everstumble, but the younger cat still bristled.

"Hey. Alright." Coyotesun said, trying to curb the argument before it even started. "Honeybreeze is right. You guys said that things have been happening outside of the desert, right? Who's to say some survivors come stumbling through the desert and run right into those rattlesnakes?"

For a moment all was silent, the wind whipping through the sands. Coyotesun couldn't hear the rattlesnakes, but now that he knew they were there, his fur prickled and he couldn't stop glancing around, just waiting for one to lunge at him, striking him square in the paw. He shivered, shifting from paw to paw, glancing around at the golden sands around him.

"I'm not going to be able to sleep knowing there's a nest around here." Everstumble said quietly. "One or two is alright. But if there's a nest, that's... yeah. That's going to be a problem later on."

Coyotesun glanced at Obsidianwatcher. The dark cat stared back passively, tail flicking.

"Alright," Coyotesun sighed. "Let's go take care of this problem, alright? And please be careful, we don't need anyone getting hurt." Distantly, he wondered if he should send Everstumble back, but he knew they wouldn't take kindly to that. The cat may be clumsy, but they were a survivor through and through. And, knowing them, Everstumble would just circle back around and participate anyway.

"Will do, oh regal leader!" Everstumble said, instantly proving Coyotesun wrong by darting off into the night.

"...Oh for Sun's sake."

[ 381 words ]

--cats on patrol
Coyotesun | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Everstumble | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Obsidianwatcher | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Honeybreeze | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 1
experience: 4

--inventory
scraps | 1FP | x2
lizard | 2FP | x1