Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Hunter's Woods - Open

Postby Only_Sky » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Username: Only_Sky
      100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: Not entirely sure as of yet. I'm interested in perhaps a desert or badlands type of area, not necessarily a completely sand covered flats with the odd cactus, but perhaps a canyon-esque area with plenty of boulders and rocks to provide shade. Ideally the cats will live in burrows or rocky outcrops where they can shelter from the heat and also from predators. They'll be semi nomadic, so will travel to different areas of their extended territory, such places including waterholes, outcrops, cacti gardens, and probably a canyon area? For sure it will be a more filled in landscape with plenty of brush scattered about as well as landmarks - though with both flatlands and hills between.
      Fur type: Short-haired
      Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:** XXX The girl in the bottom right corner : )
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhdarchid » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:39 pm

I have a bit of a question regarding cat designs, is a okay to employ a little bit of artistic liberty?

So I’ve got this fella, and I absolutely adore his design, but I think it would be really fun to accentuate the ‘half moon’ feel of the design in regards to his face. I whipped up this thing in comparison, the right version is the absolute maximum I would like to alter when I draw him, and the rest of his body would remain unchanged from how his official reference sheet actually is
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Fri May 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Username: Mythz
100 words about their territory/where your cats will live:
Perched at the base of a cliff a large mazework of caves makes up their home. A large open space is where the cats spend most of their time, sunbathing, hunting and lazing in the shallow waters of the large river. Prey almost comes to them out of the surrounding woodland and they are never short on prey. It only snows once or twice in the winter, so even their winters are not too difficult. However, no where is really safe. Bears, foxed, coyotes and other predators are often on their minds and the cats need to be careful to steer clear of any potential threat.

Fur type: Short body, long tail
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:**
I'd love a realistic tabby if possible! Maybe a red charcoal classic tabby or something similar ^^
Fawn/lilac/blue are also fine! I'd love low-mid white spotting if possible :D
I don't mind about eyecolour, and a few scars if possible would be great!
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ARKYQ » Fri May 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Mark!!!
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Tea Rain » Sat May 09, 2020 2:48 am

Username: Daisyfang Weirdo
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: The territory is a quiet, dark area no matter the time of day. The pine forest blocks out a large portion of the sunlight, so the limited light they get filters through the pines. The actual camp is a series of caves around a serene pond/lake, their main water source. The pond trickles away in a tiny, rocky stream which leads to an empty clearing, a place often used for training and exercise. The floor is soft and littered with pine needles and tree bark, and is one of the only clear areas in the territory. As night comes, the lake usually throws up an almost warm mist, which has yet to be explained. Cats avoid being out in the mist, as it thickens to a fog rather quickly and many a cat has been lost to badgers in this darkness. The cats who live here have evolved to have amazing eyesight and sense of smell, which is necessary to survive in a territory that sweeps away every scent each night.
Fur type: hairless
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I would love a calico hairless cat with amber eyes! I'd also love if only one ear was black/grey! A few examples you can draw inspiration from ~ <3 ~
Lemon Tea Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby INACTIVEACCOUNT321 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:59 am

Username: 47reverie
Fur type: short fur!
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: based off my old cat! since his markings are a bit less contained, please feel free to simplify and use less colours. He's a brown mackarel tabby with green eyes and a yellowish belly!
x x x x

100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live:
The brisk Idyllside mountains reach high enough to pierce the very fabric of the Idyll Lands, a place where all living things end up after finishing their time on Earth. The Idyll Lands are vast and endless, but the Derkomai clowder of cats is exclusively situated in the sides of a fjord. Azure glacier melt runs between the cliffs, much too cold for the cats to swim in. These waters separate the High Derkomai cats from the Low, with the Low cats being those who visit the Idyll Lands during their sleep but return in their waking hours; and the High cats being permanent residents. A thin land-bridge connects the two groups, allowing Low cats to ascend or High cats to briefly visit the living worlds with a different form.
The fjord cliffs on the High side end in green flats at the bases. Just some of all mountainous trees and shrubs that have ever lived continue to grow here. The largest trees, each with a four-metre diameter trunk, are hollowed out, with separate rooms for each cat. The territory is an ancient place with lost documents and relics hidden around. Cats here do not need to eat, but instead spend their time studying these relics and unlocking newfound secrets. Dark forest paths are intimidating, but are valuable for interland travel and sport. The weather here is brisk, cloudy, and cool, but warm and windy in the summer.
The fjord cliffs on the Low side are sandy and a bit rocky. Living cats visit to speak with their High ancestors and commune with other cats from around the world. There is only one relic here, a huge slate decorated with glyphs, which instates rules which all living cats must follow. The weather on this side is mostly mild and dry.
There are many more cat clowders (also other animal groups) in different settings, and each cat ends up in the one that aligns with their values and wishes the most. The Derkomai clowder is for cats who want knowledge, truth, and the hunt.
INACTIVEACCOUNT321

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoopoThyDrago » Sun May 10, 2020 11:11 am

Mark!
Find The Culprit! wrote:BoopoThyDrago dropped their ice cream on the ground and reasonably has been pretty down about it since.

fika. wrote:
      banned for dropping the ice cream ya silly billy

Please click my pokemon! Image
ImageImageImage
Other Sites: FR
BoopoThyDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoopoThyDrago » Sun May 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Username: BoopoThyDrago
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: They live in a temperate forest on a mountain. There is a waterfall that leads to a small lake that runs through their territory. The top of the mountain is just below the clouds on a stormy day, and has no trees on the top. The cats live a little ways down from the top, near the waterfall, where there are enough trees to protect the kits as they play. They mostly eat birds and squirrels with the occasional snake. Their main predators are the family of golden eagles that live on the mountain as well. The winters are very harsh and the cats have to move to a warmer area down the lake to survive. The area they move to is under the mountain with a small pond.
Fur type: short fur
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Spotted silver tabby with blue eyes (like sliver egyptian mau) with a lot of white, please ^^

Thank you!
Last edited by BoopoThyDrago on Fri May 22, 2020 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Find The Culprit! wrote:BoopoThyDrago dropped their ice cream on the ground and reasonably has been pretty down about it since.

fika. wrote:
      banned for dropping the ice cream ya silly billy

Please click my pokemon! Image
ImageImageImage
Other Sites: FR
BoopoThyDrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Mon May 11, 2020 9:08 am

blupcretia wrote:I have a bit of a question regarding cat designs, is a okay to employ a little bit of artistic liberty?

So I’ve got this fella, and I absolutely adore his design, but I think it would be really fun to accentuate the ‘half moon’ feel of the design in regards to his face. I whipped up this thing in comparison, the right version is the absolute maximum I would like to alter when I draw him, and the rest of his body would remain unchanged from how his official reference sheet actually is
-snip-

Sorry for the late response! Yes, artistic liberty/differences with designs are okay for your own art, as long as they're not so drastic that the character isn't recognizable. Characters must be easily recognizable for exp claims, but if you're just interpreting the face markings a slightly different way, the character should still be easily recognized! c:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
maddy - she/her - Image
hi, i'm clip! I'm an adult from
canada who cries constantly
and loves cats and cartoons.

about - - th - my art

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery