Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Hunter's Woods - Open/Wip

Postby Springtalon » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:43 am

Username: Stormt4lon
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: the mages of skia live on the island of skia, it is a heavily wooded island with a hidden cove. it is in this cove that the mages live, heavy practitioners of magic, the skian felines are extremely secretive and protective of their ways. the entire island is soaked in magic, which makes it perfect for the younger felines to learn and use their magic. based on a skian's elemental affinity, they may live in a different part of the island. the entire island has been claimed for the mages, and oftentimes a water, wind, or earth elemental will use their powers to leave the island to search for cats who have magic in their blood.

the mages of skia are a combined group of wilds (valley of kings lions) and domesticated (hunters woods cats)*, the lions tend to have a fire or earth affinity, while the cats more often are seen with wind or water affinities, though all affinities are seen in both felines. the mages achieved this territory by coming together to escape from the canines who threatened them. they have been aligned in peace ever since
Fur type: Long fur :3
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: A design that rather reflects wind and sky, and maybe a blue/silver point tabby? With some scarring on her neck/back area

*Yes i know they will level separate from each other
once we've
if we stand as
someday becomes
and a prayer becomes a
and the strike starts here
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 am

Username: ki-Neko animura
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats live:. This clan resides in a vast arena that features multiple biomes some of which include mountains, forests, cities and even a lava area. There is a main “base” nestled inside the largest mountain that serves as the clans main lodging. In this arena the cats must navigate the rough terrains while trying to survive against each other. There are several paths that are common routes between biomes but they can also be the most dangerous. Not only do predators lurk around but so do enemy squads. Some predators are large birds the occasional canine and snakes. The lodging area consists of high tech features such as automatic doors, training arena, and each feline gets their own private room. They are welcome to design it however they wish. Gonna be slightly based off Apex/The Hungwr Games Etc
Fur type: Short
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: deep purple lush blue main pelt. Swirling stripes like a mackerel marking cat. Head is white. Eye a sort of faded blue. Perhaps white speckles like stars as well. White paws. Something that reminds you of a swirling void
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 am

Username: holopoems
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live:
They live along a dry forest that has a small stream. They have a place called
spirit pond [ basically the moon pool ] where they visit there ancestors ,
The ranks consist of leader, beta, delta [ beta decides if there is a delta ] ,
medicine cat, warriors, queens, kits, and elders. Although there is Also
outcast, cats that have been kicked out. The forest is mostly dryed our becuase
it is a desert after all. So to sum up the territory it’s a small dry desert with
lots of dead trees surrounding a water hole that they go to ever moon to talk
with their ancestors and see what is going on. The water to drink from is scarce
there and it is very sarcred to drink from the spirit pool. So how did they solve
this? The dug down as deep as they could until they struck well water. It may
be gross but that’s what they have to do to survive in the desert, they hunt things
such as snakes, mice, small rodents, and birds.
Fur type: any! Artists choice
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:
Creamy, starry, light, pastel [ lighter colors ]
Shiny, [ pm me for ref photos if you have no
idea ]
Last edited by clemen on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apyr » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 am

Username: apyr
they will live in foggy redwoods, the fog seeping into their fur and making them masters of stealth. Their camp is a rocky clearing with the "Alphas'" den in a large stump. A river runs through it, and it rains quite often, meaning they have developed thick fur. They live in groups of "clans" with leader called Alpha. (that may change!) and is centered around the worship of The Spirits. If they could speak like humans, they would all have clipped English accents. They are pretty commonly big, but when loners join it can lower the common size via breeding.
Fur type: long!
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt:
the song "catch and release (deep end remix) by matt simon"
imagine this cat coming through the fog. they blend in, swirling fur with very gray and ALMOST blue gray colors. blue eyes?

when im claimed i would please ask that you dm me to notify me! thank you.
──-────────────────────
i am only online weekdays at school.if i win a
contest or you need to contact me, PM me!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-────────────────────
hi!! i'm apyr!
i'm a traditional artist who
loves my OCs with all of my heart.
if you ever need a friend, i'd love a
message. i dont bite!

────────────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
credit
toyhou.se fr song of the week

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
apyr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cynicat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Username: Feathersong64
117/100 words about their territory: Everclan lives in a large valley in a temperate coniferous forest. It’s mostly surrounded by mountains, but there is one large open section that allows both cats and prey to come and go. There’s a waterfall that flows off one of the mountains and splits into two streams. One of these flows into the valley and right up next to the camp. They use this one regularly, but it can sometimes freeze over in winter. When this happens, they are forced to use the larger one, which flows just past the entrance to the valley, and leads into a lake a ways outside of the valley. This is only a minor inconvenience, and doesn’t happen very often.
Fur type: Long white fur with light gray patches, and a light gray mark (the same shade of gray as the rest of the gray patches) above the nose, like this. maybe a bit lighter gray though? Also, can she have a light blue right eye and a light yellow left eye? Thank you!
Last edited by Cynicat on Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    cynical
    he/she/they
    toyhouse
    pixel cats end
    mirage
Cynicat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IvyL6 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Username: IvyL6
The territory of Iceclan is extremely hard to survive in but over time the cats have gradually gotten used to their territory. No cat alive can tell you exactly how old the clan is, where the cats came from although there are legends of Icestar who travelled from far away and gathered cats on her journey to join her newly built clan. The clan's camp and hunting grounds are in a dip in the mountains, however there is a tunnel carved out by a ancient underground river that has been reduced to a small stream running through some parts of the tunnel system. The tunnels are part of the cats journey to outside the mountain and down it to a plain. The temperature is generally very cold up in the mountains so most Iceclan cats have long and thick coats to keep warm, they are also generally very large in size as there are frequent snow so to prevent them sinking into the snow too far. Their camp is tucked deep in the mountains, under a ledge, near a few caves that the cats use as dens. The leader's den is behind a boulder, the cave is well sheltered from the cold and very large, the medicine cats' den is a relatively large den located at the top of a short tunnel, however there is a "temporary" area on bottom of the tunnel (near the entrance) where badly injured cats or cats who cannot get into the main den will stay. The warriors den is in a big cave that has a view of the camp entrance so they can alert the other cats if any animals invade, the warriors' den also have several very small caves branching off, some cats may choose to sleep there sometimes by themselves or sometimes with their family members, the part that make the Iceclan dens unique is that the nursery, elders' den, apprentices den, and warriors den are all connected by tunnels, the tunnels are mainly used to get cats to safety (into the warrior den) if needed and if they cannot go outside of the den for example when animals invade, or used for the warriors to get to a den easily as the dens are deep within the mountain, it takes less time to use the tunnels then go from camp sometimes because of the snow that is blown into camp.There are numerous lakes and ponds spread out in the Iceclan territory and they freeze up during winter. At the highest point of the part of the mountain range they live on there is a rock in the middle of a pool, medicine cats and leaders will sleep on the rock to communicate with starclan in their dreams. There is a plain at the bottom of the mountain, the tunnel system leads to the plain, there is a rather small twoleg farm at the edge of the plain, with a town not far off.
Fur type: Long fur
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: Blue gray, piercing blue eyes (icy blue).
EDIT: maybe something like this ? (except the eyes are blue)

>Ivy
>She/They
>English/Chinese okay!
>Feel free to pm me, I don't bite
IvyL6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhdarchid » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:18 am

Username: blupcretia
Hmm okay so I haven’t fully worked out where I want to go with this but it’s definitely gonna be a feral colony, warriors-style. Might err even more on the side of personification/cats doing things that real cats probably wouldn’t, though, ie: maybe being able to build structures? So maybe more along the lines of animals in things like Mouse Guard and Redwall, except a bit less anthro than that. Unsure if humans will ever be involved? Probably not, but I don’t know whether that means there *are* none around in the setting, or if the cats just never encounter any. There might be some magic, but I’m not sure to what extent yet.

The territory is the hardest part for me to pin down right now because I’m indecisive and there are many cool setting to place a bunch of cats, so I might tweak this later? But for now, I’m thinking the main setting is a cove against a large sea, with forests atop the cliffs above. Part of where the cats live is in tunnels carved out by water, while some is out on the bank of the cove. There are ways of getting up to the cliffs and other locations the cats visit, and there’s a landbridge sometimes accessible leading to an island in the sea, but crossing this can be dangerous. The area is often frequented by fog, so the cats living here have to learn to work around the conditions and dangers specific to this kind of location. The clan used to be quite large, but something very big happened, and now there are only a handful of elderly cats who were around in those times before new, younger cats began to rebuild.

here’s my storage thread so far but right now it’s very much just me trying to figure out the layout first, no info there yet

Fur type: Long or short fur! either works, I don’t think I have a preference there

Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: I’m a big fan of both lynx points and torbies, so maybe something like one of those? Maybe even a tortie/torbie point or something, up to the artist! Something in a warm colour range would be cool, maybe in an orange-red ish hue? Any amount of white is cool. I love designs with lots of contrast! Also heterochromia is ALWAYS cool in any form!! Otherwise teal eyes might be cute ^-^
I’d like the cat to have at least 1 scar/old injury but what exactly is up to the artist!

note: form was completed when I posted it, any later edits are to make sure the links are working
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Username: AJ.
100 words about their territory/where your cats will live:
Antiquis Aetheres:
The forgotten winds reside in the ancient skies, a realm based above the mortal realm they call Petra Viventem.
Their land can be anything they want it to be, but they regularly live within a large chasm housing many caves filled with wonders no mortal could ever understand. Moulded into the caves are architectures many probably have never seen in their own lives, and the forgotten winds wish for it to remain that way. Each cave is different, and magically designed to fit the cat’s tastes.
Just outside each cat’s living quarters is the sheen of a glasslike surface, it looks as if it were water before someone walks across. These are scrying plates and the cat that owns it stands on top when they wish to view the mortal realm, it is a difficult process to scry, and takes many energies even just to catch a glimpse.
Surrounding the chasm these cats call home are multiple spreads of territories, 9 in fact, each designs to fit different cats’ magical abilities. One, lava beds and desert rock, another the harsh cliffs over a desert plain, and even the rocky shore of the unbeatable sea. Whenever a cat is crafted with a new magical ability, a new territory is spliced just for that specific ability, so the cat can feel at home without causing damage to the other territories.
Fur type: Long fur, short fur, hairless: if possible longhair with a hairless tail? If not just longhair <3 dark blue eyes blease
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: something dark grey/blueish coloured or water inspired please!!
I’ll be making my thread soon <3
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Username: Sunlitsecrets
100 words (minimum) about their territory/where your cats will live: The cats dwell on a ship named the Wanderlust, a large and impressive brig that sails the seas of Silvarum. The ship has multiple levels, filled with hammocks, planning and treasure rooms, a place for food, and even more - and the cats take good care of it. The main area they sail in, and keep the peace of, is a series of islands on the northern edge of the world. While usually an intense and dangerous land, the cats keep the peace and help out the locals whenever they can. In the end, this group of cats are glad to have each other, and glad that their home can take them on the grandest of adventures.
Fur type: short fur
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: a pale-furred cat!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡HappyAlpaca♡ » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Username: HappyAlpaca16
The cats will live in a place with many trees. The trees stretch very tall and they can be smelled from some place away. When you enter the woods after territory you come across a lake. The lake is full of fish. There is some everywhere you look. If you go farther past the lake there is a huge hunting ground. The cats get food like mice from there. When you start your journey back you come across a place with not many trees. Sun is seen everywhere here and many animals for food are also there. Like deer, mice, and sometimes snakes. The mice and deer are fairly easy to catch but the snakes can be dangerous. All of the snakes have large fangs full with venom to kill with. Some cats have died trying to catch a snake in this area. There is a large rock in the middle of the place for meetings to happen around. The mornings are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Cats sleep around the rock and will sleep in small piles in the winter. During winter snow falls pretty much every day.
(193 words)
Fur type: Long fur
Inspiration/preferences/design prompt: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/488640628308765975/
If you are reading this, I probably have decided to leave CS. I apologize to all of the friends I made on here. Have a good life.
From,
HappyAlpaca
♡HappyAlpaca♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me