[WINNERS] Kalon Readoptions: Choose your starter!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Readoptions: Choose your starter!

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:36 pm

v Click for large image v || Moodboard; Source
    Note; set in the 1950s | First choice
    Username| Lorne_Purnima
    Kalon you are applying for| Orpheus
    Kalon name| Kai Cerulean
    Kalon gender| Male
    The job| Kai grew up on a small island as the only child of his mother who worked as a teacher and his father who worked as a lighthouse keeper. While somewhat lonely he loved growing up by the water and enjoyed island life, as he got older he began helping his father with his work more and more til finally his father had to retire and Kai became the new primary keeper.
    A day in the life of a keeper| His day starts early and usually ends late.
    He starts with waking up at a brisk 5:30 AM, he spends the next half hour making himself a quick but hearty breakfast and quickly eats it while writing down the weather and various other things having to do with it in the log book.
    He finishes this by about 6:00 AM and officially begins his day; if the sun is up enough he goes and put out the light and if the weather is nice he opens up windows to air out the houses and the lighthouse. He then follows this by looking over the lighthouse for anything that needs repairs, focusing on the windows at the top of the lighthouse. Once he sees that there are no damaged windows he spends the next few hours refueling the light, trimming the wick so that it wouldn't smoke and tarnish the ever important reflector or obscure the light, he had a hard time learning the process growing up but eventually picked it up after enough practice with his father. These things didn't take long, the longest and his most hated part is all. the. cleaning, he has to clean the windows, clean and polish the chimney and lenses, clean and polish all of the brass fittings and tools which were numerous, and finally simply clean the building itself by sweeping, mopping, and dusting. Once the inside work is done he moves outside, on nice days he loves working outside, on bads days...well...not so much, outside he maintains pathways by weeding and doing maintenance where needed. As he works he makes sure to write down his activities into the logbook, eventually, another keeper comes to relieve him and he gets a few hours to rest or just generally do as he pleases. If the weather is bad he uses this time to catch some sleep but if it's nice he'll use a little of this time to do his favorite hobby, painting! He likes to sit by the lighthouse and paint various scenes around him though his favorite to do is the sunset, if he's lucky he'll manage to finish his painting before he has to go back to work but usually one piece takes him a couple days. As night comes and he gets back to work he heads back up to the top and lights the wick to once again send out the lifesaving light. Once done he spends most of the night at the top of the lighthouse to monitor the light as well as any nearby ships. Its this part that he loves, he loves watching both the sunrises and sunsets and he loves to watch the night sea, it's hard work but he loves it despite the difficulty and any loneliness.
Last edited by Lorne_Purnima on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happysparrow » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:37 pm

happysparrow • applying for Frederic • nickname Freddy • Frederic Seeley • Male • Atmosphere for Form

What's in My Bag?! wrote:Frederic empties his backpack out on the table, giving a gulp as he realizes just how messy it was... "Well..."
- 1 Ring of Several Keys as well as 1 Mardi Gras Mask keychain
- 1 Wallet with approximately $3.50 in it, as well as a Sticker
- Half a Praline
- Several Large Pawfuls of Dinner Mints and Other Candy
- Cellphone, decked out in a clear case which stores whatever picture Freddy likes at the moment
- 3 boxes of cartoon themed bandaids
- Too Many Receipts and Trash
- A Book on the History of New Orleans
- A Single, Expired Coupon
- A Giraffe Pen
- A Matching Giraffe Notebook
- A Photobooth Picture Strip of Himself and His Brother, Pacific
- 1 Lonely Business Card for the Shop

Up to three extras: art, What's in My Bag, Atmosphere music

Can you tell what city I'm missing the most atm? :")
Last edited by happysparrow on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
happysparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Username: Lexxa_Astral
Kalon you are applying for: Image
Kalon name: Pryce
Kalon gender: Male
Up to three extras: Form will be linked here!
If applying for multiple Kalons, is this your first, second, or third choice? first!

Username: Lexxa_Astral
Kalon you are applying for: Image
Kalon name: Daem
Kalon gender: Nonbinary
Up to three extras: Form will be linked here!
If applying for multiple Kalons, is this your first, second, or third choice? Second!
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marsh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Mark for Florence and Orpheus
x
art by lavender towns

thxxxxcoding shopxxxxda

nice people alert
senti nilla snow teri lethal

kalsxxmarsh#7080xxkhims

hey everyone! i'm slowly attempting to
come back after a long hiatus !! i love talking to
people so always feel free to chat - i'm quite forgetful
so if i've forgotten something please let me know!
as always I'm fastest to reach on discord

Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:30 am

im most likely dropping out, good luck everyone tho!

Username: IlluminatiConfirmed
Kalon you are applying for: Frederic
Kalon name: Frederick
Kalon gender: Male
Up to three extras:
Writting (x2?? personality + small story)
Idea: He's a very proud guy. A knight wannabe, a friend of eliza after her father and her run away to hide from their angry kingdom. Tries to impress her and tries to teach her to fight properly. He's the son of a blacksmith
he does hates the royalty tho
would fight a dragon
he a mage/ranger
Art
If applying for multiple Kalons, is this your first, second, or third choice? First

---------------------------

Username: IlluminatiConfirmed
Kalon you are applying for: Florence
Kalon name: Ave Heredia
Kalon gender: Female
Up to three extras:
Writting (x2?? personality + small story)
Idea: A [strike]princess
flower girl, loves to dance and going to carnivals, she spreads happiness and flowers wherever se goes. Lives by the beach, loves coconuts and purple country flowers. She isnt used to talking to people, shes very animalistic. Will eat your flowers. Will eat your food, maybe
Loves to run
Art
If applying for multiple Kalons, is this your first, second, or third choice? Second
[/strike]
Last edited by stan. on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

stan [he/him]
    i speak spanish & english
    artshop
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenmutt » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:15 am

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

username➢ rottenmutt

kalon tryout ➢ Florence

kalon name➢ Florence

kalon age ➢ twenty five

kalon gender ➢ female

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

------------------------iguanosaur.tumblr.com creds

Florence lives on an island all by herself. Obviously locals, and tourists in and out but nobody lives with her. She lives off by herself in the jungle, still able to get herself by foot to the town to get food, and other necessities. Though most of the time she finds herself eating berries, and fruit that grow locally on the island. She studies island life for a living, and doesn't like to travel elsewhere. She finds so many new species here, including marine life. She loves to study the plants, the fish, and the birds. The birds probably her favorite thing to research, watching them every morning through her windows every morning. Studying there movements, and habits. She has multiple journals sketched out with flora, birds, and marine that she takes out with her on daily adventures. Sundays she goes into town to restock her food supplies for herself and the animals she studies.

In her free time, which she rarely has. She finds herself surfing on waves, or getting her tan on. Florence is very impatient, and likes to work, work, and work some more. its very rare she finds herself taking a break from her studies, most of the time shes pulled away from them or forced. She does wish she did have a kick back and relax button at times though. She can be very stubborn if trying to told to relax, wanting to find herself buried in her work forever. Florence is a very happy and bright individual. She finds herself bringing a good vibe to everyone she meets. Shes very kind, and has a big heart. Always offering help to others, and wildlife. Spite if she knows if she'll get hurt or injured in the process. Florence is a little bit of a short fuse though, and some days it doesn't take much to set off her temper.
rottenmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wishbone! » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:04 pm

username: plantfood :: applying for: Frederick

"A kind social butterfly who loves to express
himself through his new creations, be it
stylish clothes or spontaneous friendships."

art by: me!

Rows of tents and carts stretch onward with many kinds of baubles, and the delicious smells of exotic foods linger all around you. There are so many interesting things to look at that your neck begins to get a bit sore from all the craning. You think you'll let your nose lead you to your next purchase.

While munching on your perfectly sautéed kebab, your focus drains again to the variety of fine clothing, decorated silverware, obscure household objects, and other such things. A strange golden glint catches your attention in particular.

A couple tents away, you think you see a python undulating behind a counter. Squinting, you realize that it has a fuzzy tip that tapers to what seems to be a very large noodle. Up pops a man with a box nearly overflowing with fabrics, fruits, and trinkets almost as shiny as his tail! You feel compelled to go say hello, so you do. When you offer a greeting, he grins and clasps your hands between his own.

"Hello, dearest friend! I'm so glad you've come by just now, not a moment ago I was hoping a beautiful soul would come to see me! Oh, and I am Image
Very pleased to meet you. Perhaps you've come to share one of Gilgamesh's food crafts with me, hm? Sharing is caring, you know."
He rocks back and forth on his heels with a mischievous smile, simpering. "I kid, I kid. He'll give me some if I ask sweetly~ But maybe you need something sweet! Care for an apple?"
Skillfully, he tosses one of the fruits from his crate onto his arm, allowing it to cascade into his other hand and holding it out for you. Gingerly, and definitely a bit astonished, you accept his gift.

Not more than a few moments go by and Kareen has already used you as a mannequin, experimenting with various fabrics with ornate designs and a rainbow of colors. You're caught up in the whirlwind of excitement, leaving no air for protest.

After a quick round of dress-up, he tucks a nectarine into your bag and thanks you for your assistance.
"You have been just divine! Go have fun looking at other pretty things, now! I know I'm quite handsome, but there is work to be done. I have to set out these outfits."
Kareen gives you a friendly peck on the cheek and then shoos you away playfully.

You merge back into the market's flow and wave at him, promising to come back tomorrow and say hello to your new friend.
Last edited by wishbone! on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asterisk*; nicknames encouraged
adult
they/them
wishbone!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Castor Wellens

Postby shibeboi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

dropping :(
Last edited by shibeboi on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bird of Paradise

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 am

-snip-

[deleting all my old posts]
Last edited by 【Wildfire】 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 43 times in total.
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starberry_milk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 pm

——————————————————
Username// StarWerewolf
Kalon applying for// Frederick
Kalon name// Aiko
Kalon gender// Female
——————————————————
Extras//

Backstory// Wip

Art// Wip

Moodboard// Wip

——————————————————