Re: the sweaty screm pit | Day Ten

Postby *Willow* » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:49 am

In the Pit
Username: *Willow*
User ID: 1030364
Participating Chicoon: (optional) (link)
Prompt: Timmy decides that going through the wall can’t be worse than being in the pit. He takes a deep breath and plunges into the entrance.
Pluviophile
A person who enjoys the rain

”… the sun will shine on us again”
*Willow*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Westsparrow » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:55 am

Above Ground
Username: Westsparrow
User ID: 951487
Participating Chicoon: Darcy
Prompt: "Yeah! Let's go find them!" Darcy exclaims immediately. It doesn't take any convincing for them to follow the chicoon god. They're quite easy to trust anyone claiming to be a friend.. Darcy wasn't the pit your friend a day ago?

Call me Star or West!
She/they | Artist, writer, and musician

My pet doubles are free!

♡ My closed species characters can be found here ! (outdated)

♡ Wermz archive | ♡ Cozie archive

____Art credit @ Magnaskies

Westsparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:57 am

Above Ground
Username: Zentropy
User ID: 75749
Participating Chicoon: Paradox
Prompt: Paradox is a little taken aback by the sheer tininess of the chicoon in front of him. First a scarily scrawled note pleading for help and now this? The pit has been pretty weird lately, and a little too sentient for his liking. Maybe that has something to do with the missing chicoons...Huh now that Paradox thinks about it, wasn't Eyes missing a friend recently? He knows Tófi is asking around town, but maybe one needs to be a little more proactive! He follows Egg down into the pit, wings tucked tight to his head. He doesn't like this one bit, but he's the big brother of his little family and needs to protect them regardless of the danger.
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:43 pm

In the Pit
Username: dragoness129
User ID: 3218
Participating Chicoon: Dreigana
Prompt: Dreigana curiously follows Mariana as they gain other Chicoons. When Sweaty pops out and says that is the way forward, she is one of the first ones to go through the darkness, eager to see what awaits on the other side.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadedk9 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Above Ground
Username: shadedk9
User ID: 652370
Participating Chicoon: honeydew
Prompt: Honeydew was startled by the other chicoon. They followed Egg along as they worried that perhaps they were contributing to the problems... missing friends though? who could be missing? hopefully they'll be found easily.

Get sillay get crazy!

Chicoon staff member!
shadedk9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leonscharizard » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:38 pm

Above Ground
Username: leonscharizard
User ID: 1017744
Participating Chicoon: Mimey
Prompt: Mimey frantically picked up the paper “Please help.” W-what could that mean? And where was the other part of the letter? Mimey dug around in the snow for a good five minutes, thoughts whirring in her head pondering the meaning of the paper. She sighed, and started to walk right over to the pit to see if she could see anything. She had a gut feeling something was really wrong, and if she was going to have to go in that void to find out what, she would. Before she reached the pit, she almost stumbled down a staircase that she was certain wasn’t there a day ago. It seemed to lead to.. nothing. She shuddered as she stared down into the deep darkness of that staircase, until she saw the faint glow of something coming up the stairs. She backed away until it called out to her. “I see you’ve found the Pit..” it said. It was.. oddly small for a chicoon, and even more so, considering Mimey was much larger than the average chicoon, standing at about six feet tall. The chicoon beckoned her to come with it, and despite a very bad feeling, she began to slowly creep down the staircase, a million thoughts and even more questions filling her brain..
leonscharizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day Ten Responses

Postby sweathie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:41 pm

Day Ten Individual Responses

Above Ground
LittleMaple wrote:Tangerine squints suspiciously at the small chicoon, obviously not trusting them. "What's going on here? You arent going to hurt the pit, are you?" He asks, anger barely hidden under his voice. "I'll follow you, but only if you promise the pit will be safe. They are.... I am... I love them. The pit is extremely important to me," he seems close to tears but holds them back. He takes a few steps toward until he is on the first stair. His legs are shaking. Is his friend okay? He is so worried. He doesnt want anything to have happened.

Egg ducked their head before addressing Tangerine.
"I know a lot about love. It's kind of my whole thing, you know? It's... it's hard to care about someone when you know they're not doing good things. You might want to defend them even when that nagging part of your heart tells you not to. It hurts."
Egg looks up at the chicoon before turning around and starting down the staircase.
"We don't want to hurt the Pit. Enough has happened already- chicoons dissapearing left and right. Their lovers left searching for them. This has happened before, and we lost someone for three years. I don't want anyone else to feel that pain. We're trying to do this painlessly, but... there are things Gods have never done before. And this is one of them. We need all the help we can get for this to go smoothly, so if you care about the Pit, you're going to want to follow me."

Myskx wrote:Artemis felt his heart sink as he read the note left by the pit. " No.. " Artemis trembled. The pit, his new, yet beloved friend was in danger, but what could have happened to it? While Artemis was searching for the other half of the pit's note, he noticed a staircase, from which a Chicoon arose from. As the small Chicoon spoke, Artemis felt his feathers stand on end as a mixture of fear and anger flooded over him. " What did you do to the pit-?! " He shouted. Soon after, Artemis calmed himself, but couldn't seem to help glaring at the smaller chicoon. " I'll go with you, but only if it means that the pit wont be harmed. " Artemis huffed stubbornly and followed Egg, and he whispered under his breath. " I'll help you.. I have to. I can't let anything happen to you. You mean too much to me-. "

"We haven't done anything to the Pit yet," Egg replies. "But what we're going to do... it's never been done before. Not even the Gods can be sure it will go well. That's why we need your- everyone's- help. We don't want to cause more harm, but if we don't get enough helping hands... I just don't know what will happen."

rainbowpanda101 wrote:Roelan was a little concerned about what was going on. This total stranger had just...floated up from the creepy looking staircase. And what was this about the Pit causing problems? Roelan figured it was best just to follow the mysterious figure and find out what was going on. He'd been curious about where the Pit had come from since it had first appeared. Maybe this tiny Chicoon had some answers?

"I want to help, but the Pit has been nothing but nice to me." Roelan asked, "What kind of problems has the Pit been causing?"

Egg starts down the staircase with Roelan following them.
"You've only seen the good side of the Pit," they start. "But the Gods... we've had to watch as chicoons dissapear into the Pit. And they can't get out. And the Pit seems to not want us anywhere near it - Cedar was unable to get inside, and he's the friendliest one out of all of us. So we had to make a backdoor entrance. We can't keep letting this happen. The wellbeing of all chicoons is... well, unfortunately, it's worth more than the Pit. Even if this doesn't go well, it will be worth it."

Eevee55 wrote:Sara is concerned by the note- well, more like scrap of paper- she finds today. The Pit needs help? With what? How can they help? Unfortunately, despite her best efforts to find the rest of the note, there does not seem to be any sign of it. The staircase confuses them as well. Where did that come from, and why is it here? When Egg shows up, Sara is even more confused. "Wait, what do you mean? How has the Pit been causing any problems? It has just been leaving notes and making friends." Sara frowns slightly in concentration, not sure what to think about all of this. She decides to try to get more information about what is going on to help her make the right choice. "What are you planning on doing? This will not hurt the Pit at all, right?"
Sara is visibly uncertain now. They have no idea what is going on, and they don't like it. She hopes that she can figure out what to do...

Egg hovers near the top of the staircase, wary to leave it.
"You've only been able to see the nice side of the Pit. Leaving notes, gifts... but chicoons have been dissapearing. Falling, being dragged or thrown into the Pit... and we can't get them out. We've found a way to save everyone, and we truly don't want to hurt the Pit but... we've never done this before. Sentient pits aren't in the Gods' repertoire. So I can't promise you that it won't hurt, but the more hands we have, the higher the chance that it won't."

MaroonCookie wrote:Firecracker's wings droop in worry. "Problems? Has the Pit been... hurting people? The Pit seemed so polite..." He winces a little. Hy hoped hy hadn't been contributing to whatever issue the Pit might've created, but hy still didn't think the Pit was malicious even if the Pit was causing some problems. He decides to follow Egg, unsure of who to trust, but hoping that maybe this could end up helping both parties. "Whatever you're gonna do, it's not gonna... hurt the Pit, right?" Hy asks uncertainly.

"I can't... I can't promise that," Egg replies. "I'm sorry. Truly. So many of you care about the Pit, but chicoons have been dissapearing. Taken by the Pit. The Gods can't let this continue. It's not our goal to hurt the Pit, but if we don't get enough help, there may be some collateral damage. That's why we need all of the help we can get. So if you don't want the Pit hurt, it's in your best interest to come with me."

blizzard180 wrote:"What did you do to the pit!?"
Fynch was worried about his new freind, he didn't trust this tiny chicoon enough to follow him into a dark and mysterious staircase.
"I'm not going down there! Not until you tell me what's going on!"

Egg pauses before addressing Fynch.
"We haven't done anything to the Pit yet, but we need to do something, and fast. Chicoons have been dissapearing into the Pit, and while we know they're safe now, that might not be the case tomorrow. We need all hands on deck to seal the Pit so that this doesn't continue to happen."

imabanditø wrote:today, reptilian was able to get fiesta to tag along with him to see the pit! unfortunately, today wasn’t the best day to do so. “look, let’s see what it wrote!” reptilian said, eagerly looking down at the note with his friend.

“oh..” he whispered.

“help?! you never told me we came here to help..” disappointedly replied fiesta. reptilian shook his head, signaling that he wasn’t expecting it either. this wasn’t a normal thing, and he immediately became worried.

suddenly, the two became startled as egg appeared. “aw, how cute!” fiesta smiled in adoration towards the chicoon’s size. reptilian, however, was confused. “who are you, and where did you come from..? what’s happening to the pit....?”

the three chatted for a moment about the pit. as fiesta stood puzzled, her friend became increasingly more angry. what did egg mean by “the pit has been causing problems?” what has it done wrong..? he did want to help, though..

“let’s help the friends! i don’t know who they are, but the more the merrier!” fiesta shouted as her whutta smiled. sighing, reptilian hesitantly agreed to go with her and egg to make sure everyone, including the pit, didn’t get hurt or put in danger. however, he had to admit one thing - he was terrified.

Egg smiles as they watch Fiesta, Reptilian, and the helpful companion lead the way down the staircase.
"The Pit has been taking chicoons, in worrying amounts. Those who have fallen into the Pit can't get out and haven't been heard from since their dissapearance. We know they're safe, but... we can't guarantee that for much longer. The Pit is a strange and erratic being that can dissapear at a moment's notice, and what then?"
Egg sighs, and floats in front of the trio.
"We need to seal the Pit. And we need as many hands as possible to do it, so I'm glad to see the three of you come tonight."

Xynthalium wrote:As per usual, Wumbie approached the pit in the dead of night. It was her friend, and she'd always keep it company!
Instead of a note, she was greeted by a small, crumpled piece of paper. All it said?
"Please help"

Wumbie stared at the paper, a look of concern and fear settling on her face.
Did the Pit need help? Was something wrong?!

There. Something new was there. Stairs. She couldn't see the end of them...
...but she could see a very small Chicoon.

"I see you've found... the Pit," the tiny chicoon says. "It's been causing us a lot of problems lately. Follow me, and you can help solve those problems and get our missing friends back."

Wumbie stood for a moment. She needed some time to think. Something about this little Chicoon made Wumbie feel uneasy. And what about her girlfriend, Host? She couldn't just hurl herself into the pit all willy-nilly! If someone needed help, then Wumbie wasn't the one for it, regardless. Wumbie was weak, cowardly, and childish. She didn't even know how to speak properly without some kind of stutter or mixup!

"No!" Wumbie exclaimed. "The Pit is my friend! If there's something bad about The Pit, then I can't help you anyway! I have someone waiting for me back home!"
She stood her ground, hoping Egg wouldn't try anything sneaky.

For a moment, Egg stares at Wumbie, unsure of how to respond. They had plenty of chicoons throughout the night state their admiration or devotion to the Pit, but not many had straight out refused.
"I don't need you to come with me," they say. "We can do this without you. But what you need to know is that if we don't have every chicoon possible down here tonight, something might go wrong. And we won't be the ones hurt if it does. So if you care as much as you do about the Pit, it's in your best interest to follow me."

hamkid wrote:...Ah, dear. Everybody knows little scrawled-out ripped letters saying 'help me' are never good news. It's the one thing everybody knows and fears. Where was the cheerful little note the pit would leave daily? Spritely was almost afraid to ask what left the note, and why the rest of it had been torn... They needed to know what happened, though. This time, they wouldn't leave without a little investigation.

After a little scrounging around they found the staircase, but no other half of a note to be found. Ghost peeked over the edge and into the darkness, squinting as they watched a... Tiny chicoon? Rise from the abyssal stairwell. How very bizzare. One od the Pit's many friends? No, this one seems a bit uncertain...

"Yes, and I've grown quite fond of it, too," Spritely replied to Egg. "...Had a feeling that the friends were kind of... Stuck in place down there, though. Can they get out? Is there a way out at all? Is there anything they can at least eat down there, for sustenance? I always did wonder what would become of those... Friends. Of course I'll come." And with that, they follow Egg.

"Thank you for coming without hesitation," Egg says to Spritely as the two start down the staircase. "I've had to deal with a lot tonight, and you'd think everyone would just listen to me because I'm a God, y'know? This Pit must have... some influence. But your questions- I can answer those. The chicoons that have fallen in, they can't get out. In fact, watch this."
Egg turns around and floats up the staircase, and beckons for Spritely to follow. But when ghost attemps to follow, they find ghostself stuck in place.
"Bell was able to create a backdoor into the Pit," Egg explains. "But even through this backdoor, normal chicoons can't get out. There's something... something so strong about the Pit that keeps chicoons bound to it. Everyone inside seems okay for now, but the Pit has the ability to dissapear at any time- and once that happens, we can't guarantee their safety, so we need to do this as fast as possible."

ToraOkami303 wrote:Pumpking flaps his wings nervously at Egg, clutching the note close "You haven't hurt Pit have you? I'm sure pit didn't mean to hurt anyone, Pit's doing pits best... If I go with you we aren't going to hurt Pit right? Whatever we're doing is going to help everyone including pit right?" He seems hesitant to follow Egg without reassurance that Pit isn't going to be punished for what was surely a series of accidents not malicious intent. His friend just wanted to make friends, and to be like the Chicoons...

"We don't want to hurt the Pit," Egg replies. "But if we don't get enough help... I can't guarantee that it won't be hurt. Our goal is to save all of the chicoons taken by the Pit and seal the Pit painlessly, but we need as many hands as we can get for that to work. The Gods alone can probably save everyone, but we need the rest of you to help for the Pit to be... dealt with painlessly. We've never done anything like this before."

In the Pit

case wrote:Everett looked around at the other Chicoons that the chicken managed to collect. Where did everyone come from, and why were they all blindly following a chicken? Everett looked at Sweaty and motioned toward Mariana. “Is its name supposed to be a pun based off of the Mariana Trench?” They asked, wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing.

Everett did not want to be the first to follow, but they also did not want to be the last to go. They waited until a few Chicoons entered. Once Everett felt like the timing was right, they gathered enough strength to run at the entrance. Hopefully their face would not bang into the wall.

Sweaty, with his head still sticking out of the Pit wall, replies,
"Yes... yes it is."

Winchester's Wolf wrote:After the....'cringe' moment that he just had with the chicken (which he is going to have random flashbacks to and probably die a little on the inside), he stared back at it and its recently regurgitated faux rupee. He looked down at the item and then back at the chicken before yoinking it when it started to preen its feathers. After he had...somehow hidden the item, he looked down at the newly presented note that it gave him. He gently took the chicken's note and read over it. "Oh, so your name is Mariana? Well it is nice to meet you, I am Anthracite," he said with a small smile as he reached over to give the lil bugger a couple of headpats- but it seemed uninterested as it turned around and started to walk away. But somehow it seemed further than it was. How long has he been standing there?

Without further hesitation, Anthracite ran after it, glancing over as a few other chicoons joined both him and Mariana. He greeted each and every one of them as they joined...although quickly stopped as soon as it seemed that there were...a whole ton of them. Did they also fall down the pit? So he wasn't the only one?...That was...interesting. He wondered why he couldn't see them earlier, but honestly he didn't want to think about it too much. At least it was a relieving thought that there were others here...and not that it was just him with Other Anthracite lurking about. Who knows where that could've lead-

As they...walked Anthracite started to hum, something familiar- maybe a tune where you summon your trusty steed- or maybe even a ranch...weren't they just the same? He didn't have too much time to dwell on it as they seemed to reach the end...or what he thought was the end. It was a dead end for sure but seeing Mariana disappear like that... Anthracite went to go reach his hand to where it disappeared off to, only to quickly withdraw his hand as Sweaty appeared...seemingly out of the wall. Huh. He almost touched some sweat. Ew.

When Sweaty told him that he had to enter here. He thought for a moment. He looked back over his shoulder. Should he trust them..? He took a small step back and shook his head, "No, I'll wait."

Mariana looks up at Anthracite with big, puppy-dog Pit Chicken eyes. It looks up at Sweaty, who sighs and scribbles a note and hands it to the chicken, who then hands it to Anthracite.
"If you come in I will let you pat my head more."
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day Ten Prizes

Postby sweathie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 pm

Day Ten Prizes

The Following Users Receive 1x Pit in a Can and 1x Pit Eyes

The Following Users Receive 1x Pit Eyes and 1x Cacophony of Screams

The Following Users Receive 1x Cacophony of Screams, 1x Pit Eyes, and 1x Frosting Feet Cookies

The following User gains 1x Moon Ticket
You can redeem your Moon Ticket here
Last edited by sweathie on Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweathie / michael
he/him | college student
xxxxxxx
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day Eleven

Postby sweathie » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:42 pm

Day Eleven

The chicoons following Mariana and those following Egg emerge into the same room. It is pitch black, lit only by the flames of the many chicoons crowded in the small area. There are two tiers of the circular space- all of you are on the first tier, a balcony wrapping around a pit in the ground. You see a brown and green chicoon join you on the balcony, only to be rushed by Mariana and violently pecked. In that pit stands thirteen familiar faces - fifteen when Sweaty and Egg descend to join them.

Fifteen Gods stand in that pit. Cedar, the absolutely massive God of Safety, Stability, and Warmth, is clearly the most visible among them- but you recognize the glowing, bright hues of CMYK, the God of Color, and even the smug smile of Jester, the God of Pranks. The only God you do not see is Moon, the Goddess of Light, but... that's to be expected at this point.

Bell is standing in the middle of them all, hands outstretched as he greets the chicoons entering the small room. Once you are all crowded in, he lowers his hands, sealing the two entrances made in the Pit walls.

"Welcome," he calls out. The room falls silent as they hear the God of Wisdom greet them. Even Mariana stops its violent assault. "Tonight, we have called you here to assist us in a necessary task. As the God of Companionship and New Languages, I have been selected as the most appropriate to conduct this casting.

"I'm sure most, if not all of you are aware that chicoons have been disappearing. Some of you here tonight are those who have disappeared. This Pit- of which we are currently residing in the walls of- has been causing mayhem in our community. Chicoons have been falling into the Pit. Some have been pushed. On one occasion, one was taken by the Pit itself. No one among us, not even one of us Gods, can take a chicoon out of the Pit. Once you enter the Pit, you cannot return.

"This is why we must seal the Pit tonight. Many of you care about the Pit, but we cannot keep letting it take chicoons. Life must go on- I'm sure you all have lost someone you love, or have a friend who is searching desperately for their lover. If all goes well, then this can be done without hurting the Pit. But that will only work if all of you here tonight help."

Bell beckons for Sweaty to join him in the center of the circle. Silently, the yellow chicoon sets a ring of power around himself, and Bell, and the two join hands. Their flames start to glow brighter, and the powder begins to glow as well.

Cedar and Egg take hands- the rest of the Gods join them. Their flames begin to glow. The Pit's screams have been a dull backdrop to this entire affair that you have almost grown used to, but now they are even louder. So loud, in fact, that you cannot hear anything else. The Pit is crying out for you. It needs your help.

Now it is your turn. Do you take the hand of the chicoon next to you?

Code: Select all
[b]Do you take the hand of the chicoon next to you?[/b]
[Yes or No]
Last edited by sweathie on Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweathie / michael
he/him | college student
xxxxxxx
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the sweaty screm pit | Day Eleven

Postby Madel » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:44 pm

Do you take the hand of the chicoon next to you?
Yes!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image