Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby Vivika » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:14 am

Day 3

Username: vivika
    Clan link: eden
    Prompt: (273 words!)

Stars, he was tired.

Exhausted.

But there was still so much to do.

Thistlelight lifted his head, gaze flitting to the medley of herbs around him. Scents flooded his nose, a cocktail of sweet and bitter, some fresh and others dried… along with a few strands of dried grass.

A soft chuckle eased from his throat as he swept the grass aside. No doubt from a helpful kit or two.

His paws shifted, falling into a steady rhythm, as he sorted. Catmint there, poppy seeds in that pile, borage leaves here, feverfew… more grass. Leaves and roots, flowers and buds, bark and sticks, all fell into place, neatly arranged into some semblance of order.

A reminder of a lifetime ago ━ a village with skilled artisans in their craft. Healers with lifetimes of knowledge gleaned from generations upon generations. Something exploited too fast and too soon by a King riding with wings of avarice. And with that always came… the embalming, suffocating silence of stone walls. Dungeons rife with innocents━

He blinked.

No, not tonight. He couldn’t go down there tonight.

His ears flicked as a light cough invaded the silence. Right, there was still that little kit and that elder… and that clan meeting at dawn… was he supposed to give a report? Likely━

Pawsteps sweeping at the entrance signalled another had arrived. One of the hunters likely… working double time. His head lifted, taking in the shadows lingering close.

“Hey, everything okay? You can just leave the herbs…” A faint smile. “Somewhere around. I’ll get to it in a moment… sometime tonight.”

And perhaps sleep was out of the question, tonight.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:16 am

Day 3
Username: wildsight
Clan link: kingdom of khafra
Prompt:

In these dire times, the house of healers is overwhelmed. In these times of darkness, cruelty is at its best, raging upon the kingdom without hesitation. There is hardly a moment to breath as seemingly each day, another feline is reported to be ill. One way or another, the illness continues to claim victims, each one struggling to fight back as the healers attempt to aid in the only ways they know how to, but ultimately are becoming doubtful with each passing day. Herbs are becoming scarce, confidence has faltered and hope has grown thin. Each and every healer searches the best they can, even in their own weakened states, but alas no cure has yet to be located. "It must be a curse!" claims the ever worrisome Fadedhaze and while he is normally ignored by his fellow medics, they've begun to believe it. What hope did they have? Would they merely wither away and perish? Would they be forced to turn toward their enemies for assistance? Would the ancestors grant them news of a cure?

Only time would tell.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:30 am

Day 3

username: nektar
    clan link: the groves
    prompt:
    ─ it is the healers and the shamans responsibility to protect and heal their tribe from the very real dangers of sickness. this torrent of white cough has taken the tribe hostage for a moon now. the grove has already lost two very fine cats, the shaman's mother being one of them, causing their mind to crack under grief. the eldest healer has taken up the mantel as the shaman seeks answers from their ancestors travelling to the cave of stars in order to connect with them directly. as well as gain some closure with their passed kin and perhaps heal them so they may continue their role as shaman in the tribe.

─ the eldest healer has gathered a small search party, those not yet afflicted by white cough, to make a trek out to the abandoned cabin found at the south most point of the tribe's territory. they seek to find the green house hoping that it's abundance of herbs still held during this winter, they do not tend to venture this far for herbs unless it becomes dire. they have scavenged all the catmint they could without uprooting what they have in order to avoid further complications. the trek will take a full day to complete, along the way they are all praying on the ancestors to save them and let them find at least enough to save those afflicted.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:44 am

Day 3
Username: nindroidzane
Clan link: FrostClan
Prompt:

Herbs weren't exactly the easiest things to find, buried under mounds of snow. And the ones that were out there were often frostbitten before they could be found, half-dead and thus only half as helpful.

But Sunspark had his ways - some of which were his own, and some which he'd picked up from his Clanmates. (Of course, he'd passed on most of these herb gathering techniques to the others as well - and thank the stars he did, or his herb stock would've been depleted long before now. How long had this sickness been going on for...?)

The most reliable sources of herbs were from prey. They needed the plants to eat and survive, so they were better equipped to seek and dig out fresh roots from the earth. Finding a prey animal's burrow often meant finding their food store and leafy bedding as well - and they were usually much better preserved in the warm earth than they would be found growing naturally.

As for honey and catmint... Sunspark just thanks his lucky stars that the Clan is so full of kittypets and sweet tooths.

[ 184 words ]
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:50 am

Day 3
Username: Deercan
Clan link: The Roundtails
Prompt:
An inquisitive meow from behind stopped the apothecary in his tracks, the tom had been about to leave the group's camp walls despite the lingering sickness that had hit the clan faster than the a lightning flash. Grumbling curses under his breath, Pikespine turned his head to see the young tom Quicksilver had dragged himself out of his appointed nest just to bother him.

"Pikespine, where are you going? Are you going to find herbs? I thought you mentioned not being able to find any? Are you-" he was cut off of his words by a coughing fit. Pikespine narrowed his gaze, unimpressed.

"Quicksilver, you're not fit enough to be out of your nest in these damn cold halls. Go back to the apothecary room with the others before I have your mentor on my tail complaining about you getting even more sick from your own foolish actions." He held up a paw to indicate silence to the squire before he tried to protest. "I don't want to hear it. You're ill, and the group can't afford to lose anyone in these harsh seasons." He watched the squire sigh before turning around and heading back towards the nests. He paused in his tracks, turning to look back at the unamused apothecary.

"Are you going over to The Railrunners to ask politely for help?"

"..Sure kid. Now go back before your paws freeze out here." He rolled his eyes as he watched the squire make his way back, before turning and heading out into the snow himself. Ask those train hippies for help? He'd rather eat mouse bile before talking to those weirdos. This didn't mean he wasn't going to use their herbs though.

He'd just have to 'politely' take them for himself.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:51 am

Day 3
Username: I Like Bees
Clan link: The Travelers
Prompt:

Sickness is buried deep within your clan, each cat seems to be struggling against all odds. How are your medicine cats feeling and how are the herb stores looking? Where will they get more catmint or honey.. Or anything to help with all this whitecough?

"What are we supposed to do?" Frog asked, before turning his head and sneezing to the side.

Dragonfly sniffled, looking out at the group of cats huddling in an alleyway. They were all sick to various degrees, coughing and sneezing and generally looking very unhealthy. The cream tabby shrugged. "Wait for the sun to set, I guess," she said. "Everyone will be fine tomorrow."

Squiggle dashed between cat to cat, handing out the occasional leaf from their already small stash of herbs, but mostly offering advice and comforting the struggling cats. There wasn't much the healer could do.

Ghost trotted into the alleyway from the street, his head raised proudly and a mouse held in his mouth. Frog flicked his tail against a small metal can a few times, and the little kitten trotted over towards the movement, whiskers twitching as they dropped the catch at Dragonfly's paws. Ghost pushed it towards Dragonfly with their nose, then sat down at Frog's side and stared down the alleyway.

"He's not sick," Dragonfly commented, paying little mind to the mouse.

Frog looked down at the kitten, who continued staring straight ahead, and hummed contemplatively. Then he turned his gaze up towards the sky, where the sun was resting at its midday point. His tail twitched back and forth across the stone ground as he thought.

Dragonfly sneezed twice, then finally asked, "Alright, what are you thinking?"

"I think the sun isn't moving," Frog replied, frowning.

Dragonfly let out a long sigh of annoyance, laying down and resting her forehead on her paws. "I hate this place," she mumbled. After a moment, she lifted her head. "Let me guess, it's frozen until we actually do something about this problem?"

"I don't --," Frog began, but he paused as Ghost stood up again, stretching. The little kitten looked up at the chocolate tabby, eyes focused slightly to the left of his head, then dashed off down the alleyway, tiny tail bobbing behind them.

The two adult cats exchanged a look, then Dragonfly grumbled wordlessly under her breath and stood up again. "Go ahead, I'll catch up. I can't wait for another super fun adventure," she added sarcastically.

Frog rose to his feet and trotted after the kitten, while Dragonfly paused to sneeze again, before studying the other cats in the alleyway. She chose someone who looked the least sick -- Twist -- and asked him to come along with her and Frog to investigate what Ghost was leading them towards. The tom also grumbled about another annoying quest, but agreed. Dragonfly brought the mouse to Squiggle before she and Twist quickly caught up with Ghost and Frog.

The kitten had stopped running, and was now wandering at a regular pace on the flat stone ground -- Freckle said it was called a "sidewalk." He kept pausing to sniff at plants growing in the gaps between the stones, almost like the dogs they had seen with the Twolegs in similar cities. There were no dogs here that anyone had seen yet, and very few Twolegs too, presumably because it was freezing cold and no sane creature would spend their time out here. Dragonfly and Twist kept an eye out, though, while Frog remained focused on the kitten and where he was leading them.

After a while of what seemed like pointless wandering, Dragonfly sat down, huffing. Ghost had been focused on this one tuft of grass for several minutes now. "Are you sure he didn't just want to explore?" she asked, as Twist hopped up on a nearby Twoleg wall to keep watch over the small group.

Frog sneezed -- again -- before answering with a shake of his head. "I'm sure they're looking for something."

Dragonfly flattened her ears slightly in doubt, but stood up to follow the kitten when they finished studying the plant and started moving again. This time, Ghost started running again, tiny paws moving quickly against the ice cold ground. Frog stayed at his side, while the other two cats hung back a bit. Dragonfly's fur fluffed against the cold, and Twist tried very hard to hold back a sneeze.

Frog and Ghost turned around a corner first, and Frog's head quickly peered back around the edge of the building on the corner, green eyes brightening. "Hah!" he chirped. "He was leading us to something!"

Dragonfly shook her head, smiling slightly as she increased her pace and rounded the corner, with Twist a short distance behind her. A few buildings down, on the side of the "sidewalk" that the group was on, stood a smaller building that stood out from the others nearby. For one, it was clearly made entirely of wood, while the other Twolegs structures were made of stone or a shiny, cold material that Freckle called "metal." It was fairly old too, with mold speckling the side wall and presumably the roof, which was sagging in places.

The cream tabby wasn't sure she wanted to go inside, but Ghost didn't seem at all put off by the building's appearance, and pushed open the small door for the group. Frog moved to hold the door, nudging the kitten inside. Dragonfly followed, hesitantly, while Twist narrowed his eyes in suspicion and followed last.

When their eyes had adjusted to the dim lighting of the one room structure, the cats realized that the walls and ceiling were covered with bundles of a variety of herbs. Dragonfly's eyes widened as Frog gasped. Twist sneezed.

A door in the back of the shop opened, and a slightly mud-stained black tabby walked in, another bundle of herbs held in his mouth. The tom spat the herbs out onto the ground in a rather disorganized way, then quickly approached the short counter between him and the newcomers. This was clearly a shop for cats, even if it was in the middle of a Twoleg city.

The shopkeeper raised his chin, gesturing proudly at the leaf-covered walls of his shop. "Welcome," he announced, eyes gleaming, "to my Shop of Infinite Leaves!"

Dragonfly raised an eyebrow, leaning towards Frog to whisper, "Not a very creative name." The other tabby held back a laugh.

The shopkeeper took no notice of the comment, and finished his introduction with a simple, "My name is Pine. What will you be buying today?"

The group looked at each together, exchanging a series of nods. Then Frog and Dragonfly stepped forward at the same time, both preparing to speak. They froze as they realized their nods had been entirely misunderstood, laughing slightly -- which quickly turned into a bout of coughs and sneezes. Twist sat down with a sigh, while Ghost reached their front paws up onto the counter and stared at the shopkeeper.

"Ah, a cure for your illness!" Pine stated, looking down at Ghost and nodding. "Yes, yes I have that somewhere here. You may observe -- but don't touch! -- my wares while you wait. Perhaps you would like to refill your other herb stocks as well." Then he disappeared into the back area of the shop again, leaving the group standing in the main room.

Twist shrugged and stood up, walking slowly around the shop and studying the variety of leaf bundles. He had spent a bit of time training with Squiggle, as most of the group had, but seemed to like the job more than most. He'd never be a full healer, though; it just didn't seem like an exciting enough job.

Dragonfly yawned, laying down on the floor with yet another sneeze, and closing her eyes to catch a few moments of much-needed rest. Ghost pulled away from the counter, headbutting Frog's leg as the two waited at the counter's edge for the shopkeeper to return.

After a few minutes, the cat returned, dragging three bundles of herbs through the door and on to the counter. Pine had to put his front paws on the counter to look at his customers from over the piles of leaves. "This will cure you all," he said.

"What's the price?" Frog asked, eyes gleaming as he looked at the bundles of herbs. It seemed odd that Pine had known they needed more herbs for the rest of their group, but at this point the trio had grown used to the NPCs of their world knowing more than they reasonably should. Ghost too, probably, since he had always lived here.

"Thirty pieces of gold," Pine said. "That's ten per bundle." Ghost began to run around between Frog's paws, excited that they were so close to having the cure for their friends.

Dragonfly lifted her head from her paws, glaring up at the shopkeeper. "What in the stars' name is gold?" she demanded. "Can't we just give you some prey and leave?"

"Gold!" Pine exclaimed. "It's the world's most precious metal, and glows like the sun! Very valuable." The black tabby ignored her second question; apparently he didn't have a preset response for that one.

Twist frowned, leaning towards the other two cats and whispering, "Metal? So it's like.. a building? How does he expect us to carry a whole building back here? Or do we have to break a piece off?"

Dragonfly shrugged in response, muttering something about how it didn't seem very valuable if you couldn't eat it, while Frog cleared his throat. The other two quieted down, and Dragonfly shot him a glare. With Ghost still bouncing around his paws, Frog asked, "How do we find this.. gold? We don't have any."

The shopkeeper let out an exasperated huff, then pulled a wide piece of paper out from underneath the counter. He moved farther down the counter, then spread the paper out so the cats could see. Frog and Twist walked over to the paper to look, while Dragonfly rested her head on her paws again.

Frog gasped, eyes widening as he observed the detailed map on the paper. "Great stars," he muttered, "it's another quest."

At this, Dragonfly burst to her feet, ignoring the weakness in her sick legs. She shot a glare at the shopkeeper, and stormed forward, shoving the map off the counter and into the cat's face. "No!" she yelled, eyes burning with anger. "Absolutely not! We are sick and we are tired and you're going to give us the star cursed herbs or so help me.." Her claws unsheathed with the threat.

Pine seemed confused for a moment as he pushed the map off of his face; it seemed that he didn't have a response for this statement either. He opened his mouth a few times as if to speak, and then Ghost hopped fully onto the counter. The kitten's tail and ears flicked several times.

The shopkeeper nodded, frowning, then said to Ghost, "I'm sorry, but I really can't give you these for free. No gold, no herbs. Good day." Then he pulled the herbs into the back of his shop, returning to the counter and staring straight forward rather eerily.

Dragonfly scowled, tail lashing as she stalked off to the door.

Twist looked down at the fallen map, frowning. "She's right, you know," he said to Frog. Ghost hopped off the counter and followed the cream tabby out the door as Twist continued, "We're in no condition to follow this thing."

As if to confirm the other cat's point, Frog sneezed three times before nodding in agreement. The two followed Dragonfly and Ghost back out of the shop.

Dragonfly was waiting several buildings down, well out of earshot of the herb shop. She was sitting on top of a small wall, tail flicking back and forth on the other side of the stone. Ghost had stopped below the leader's perch, near a small pile of pebbles that Dragonfly had quickly thrown together so he could find her.

"We're breaking in," Dragonfly announced as the other two approached, before they could even sit down. "That cat has more than enough herbs. He doesn't need them all, and we do. I'm not letting the others suffer for any longer just because this star cursed world wants us to go on another ridiculous quest."

Twist nodded confidently in agreement, before pausing to cough.

Frog seemed more hesitant as he sat down at Ghost's side. The kitten pawed at the pebbles, beginning to form them into a pattern of some sort. "I don't know," the chocolate tabby said. "Something bad might happen if we do. Maybe it'd be better to follow that map, just in case."

Dragonfly shook her head firmly. "Absolutely not. I'm tired of maps and journeys and quests." Without allowing Frog to object again, she continued, "Twist, you'll be responsible for distracting the shopkeeper. Keep him talking about leaves and herbs or whatever, or have him explain the quest to you, or something. It looks like he's one of the mindless ones, so it shouldn't be that difficult to keep him in a conversation loop."

Twist didn't seem thrilled with his role -- conversations with true NPCs could be incredibly boring and repetitive -- but he nodded.

"Frog," Dragonfly continued, "you'll break into the back of the shop with me. I need you to bring Ghost with us. If the herbs are hidden or something, they'll be able to find them."

Frog sighed, then nodded as well. "Alright," he said, "but if this goes horribly wrong, I told you so."

Dragonfly flicked her tail in acknowledgement, then gestured for Twist to walk ahead. The chocolate classic tabby trotted back towards the shop, pushing the short door open and vanishing inside. Once Twist was out of sight, Dragonfly walked ahead and disappeared into the alleyway between the herb shop and the nearby Twoleg building.

Frog hung back for a moment, looking down at Ghost. They had finished arranging the pebbles into a large, surprisingly detailed tree shape, and were now pushing some faintly colored rocks towards it -- two brown, one almost tan, and one white. Frog hummed in thought, then gently picked up the kitten by the scruff and walked towards the shop again, before Dragonfly could come back and grab the kitten herself.

Inside the shop, Twist stood awkwardly at the doorway for a moment, the shopkeeper staring directly at him, unmoving. True NPCs could be so creepy at times. The chocolate tabby cleared his throat, and the frozen cat began to move again, smiling.

"Welcome to my Shop of Infinite Leaves!" the shopkeeper said, making no indication that he remembered that Twist had already been here just a few moments earlier, or that he already said these exact words. "My name is Pine. What will you be buying today?"

Twist stepped up to the counter, pausing for a moment to sneeze to the side. Being sick felt so gross; he couldn't wait for the others to get the herbs so they could all stop feeling so miserable. "Hi," he said, flicking his ears to point at a random herb on the wall. "Can you tell me about that herb?"

"That's dock," Pine replied, without even looking at the plant Twist had pointed to. He rambled about its uses for awhile, and then concluded with its price. "Would you like to buy it?"

Twist sat down, preparing for a very long and very boring conversation. "No," he said, pointing at another herb. "What's that herb?" This continued for some time.

Behind the shop, Dragonfly was studying the back wall when Frog approached with Ghost held in his mouth. The chocolate tabby carefully placed the kitten back on the ground.

"I'm going to try to break the window," Dragonfly stated, as she began to look around the small area for a suitable rock. "If we're careful, Pine won't hear us and will stay focused on talking to Twist." She tried to grab a rock in her mouth, struggling to pick up the stone between coughs.

Frog walked towards the back wall of the shop, reaching up and pressing down on the short door's handle. It opened with a click. "It's unlocked," he said, as Dragonfly stared. Ghost dashed between Frog's paws and into the shop, seeming to know what they were doing.

Frog followed the kitten, and Dragonfly followed behind. The windows on the back wall let in enough light to keep the room relatively well lit, and Frog quickly located Ghost standing by a box in the corner. Quietly, Frog walked over, reaching over the edge of the box to carefully dig through the bundles of leaves.

Dragonfly stood up at the other side of the box and did the same, frowning. "They all look the same," she whispered. "Back up so I can try something." Frog took a few steps backwards, nudging Ghost so the kitten followed.

The cream tabby pushed her front paws down, and the box fell onto its side, more loudly than any of them would have liked. Frog glanced nervously at the door to the front room of the shop, while Ghost and Dragonfly began pawing through the herbs. The kitten paused at one of the herb bundles in the back of the box, then pulled that bundle away from the others.

"Is that the same one as earlier?" Dragonfly whispered.

"I think so," Frog replied, studying the leaves. "I trust Ghost chose the right one. Let's find the other two and get out of here."

Dragonfly nodded in agreement, and before long the trio had found the two matching bundles of herbs and pulled them aside as well. Frog quickly began pushing the leftover herbs back into the box, hoping that the shopkeeper wouldn't notice they were all shuffled around. Ghost helped, somewhat, but mostly they got under Frog's paws and nearly tripped him several times.

Finally, with all the herbs put away, Frog nudged Ghost towards the door ahead of him and Dragonfly, and grabbed a mouthful of herbs. Dragonfly grabbed the other two bundles, carrying them by the strings that held the leaves together. Once outside, she gestured with her tail for Frog and Ghost to go ahead, as she couldn't speak with her mouth full of leaves. After they began heading down the sidewalk, Dragonfly tapped a paw against the shop's front door, hoping that it was loud enough for Twist to hear but quiet enough that the NPC wouldn't notice.

Inside the store, Twist's head was nodding forward as he dozed off, while Pine continued to ramble. A sudden knocking sound from the direction of the front door startled the half-sleeping cat, and his head shot up, eyes wide.

".. but mainly used to treat infections," Pine said. "It costs two gold pieces per bundle. Do you want to buy some?" This was at least the twentieth time the NPC had repeated that question.

"Cool," Twist replied, "but no thanks. I don't think I want to buy anything after all. Good bye!" And then he dashed out the door, leaving the NPC to return to whatever it was that NPCs did when no real cats were around.

Dragonfly was standing a building or so away, and Twist hurried over to her, taking one of the extra herb bundles she was carrying. Without a word, the two ran down the sidewalk and quickly caught up with Frog and Ghost.

When the patrol arrived back at the group's temporary home for the day, they immediately brought the herb bundles to Squiggle.

"I have no idea what this is," the healer admitted, as they poked at the leaves with a sock-covered paw. They glanced at Ghost, who was chasing his tail a short distance away. "You said he led you to them?"

Frog nodded, and Dragonfly responded with a "Yes." Twist had already left the patrol to sit with Freckle on the other end of the alley.

"Well," Squiggle said, looking around at all the sick cats in the camp and holding back their own cough, "I guess that's good enough." They pulled their one sock off and began pawing through the leaves, untangling them from the string package.

Ghost stopped chasing his tail as the herb bundles began to move, and ran back over to the others. The kitten grabbed a large leaf in their tiny mouth, and held it up in the direction of Frog. After a moment of not receiving a response, Ghost stepped forward and poked Frog's fur with the leaf.

"I think he wants you to eat it," Dragonfly said. Squiggle was preoccupied with the untying the string, but paused for a moment to look as well. "It must be safe, if he's offering it to you."

Frog carefully took the leaf from Ghost, hesitating a moment before patting the kitten's head with his paw in a thank you, and eating it. It had a weird flavor, nothing like meat, but he swallowed it. Ghost smiled and then bounded away to chase his tail again.

Almost immediately, Frog began to feel better. His nose was no longer stuffy, he didn't feel like sneezing and coughing every other second, and he felt generally healthy again. "It's a cure," he said, grinning at Dragonfly. "And look, the shadows are moving again!" He flicked an ear towards the shadows on the wall, which had moved several bricks since the patrol had left earlier.

Dragonfly grinned as well, and the pair began helping Squiggle distribute the remaining leaves to each cat in camp. Before long, everyone was feeling bright and healthy again, and the sounds of coughing and sneezing and sickness faded away.

As the sun finally began to set, Dragonfly sat on top of a short stone wall outside the alley, her head held high and eyes gleaming triumphantly. They'd beaten the system, dodged a day long quest, and everything was alright now.

[ 3608 words ]
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:58 am

Day 3
Username: Vinson
Clan link: clan of the broken night
Prompt:

Deathwish curled her lip at the scent of sickness. It was invading every corner of their camp, inching closer and closer each day. She knew that her meager herb store was not enough to save everyone, especially the sickest. Their coughing was insistent, which kept everyone up at night and made the whole clan weaker. There was only one choice.

“Whisper -“ she called to her daughter, hearing pawsteps growing closer. “Gather the sickest. This is out of my paws now - we must trust the humans.” The air seemed to hum as she said these words aloud, but she knew it was the right choice. She would take their sickest three to the human sick-place, checking in every day, until eventually these cats were released. There was always something strange about them afterwards, and they never were able to have kits again, but the alternative was much worse. She nodded. It would have to be.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aglassman » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:00 pm

Day 3
Username: Aglassman
Clan link: Shattered StoneClan
Prompt:

"What have you been doing all day if you weren't out gathering herbs?" Cherviltail snapped, her silvery fur bristling even more than usual in the frost.
Cloudseeker looked back over, making brief eye contact with her with a cool, green gaze. "I was watching the stars. The sky turns, and so does the moon. The night will darken before the spring."
Chrviltail intook a sharp hiss, furrowing her brow as she sheathed and unsheathed her claws. "Yes, Cloudseeker, I know the moon is waning. I just wish you would help me."
"Our roles are not the same," The ginger cat had turned away before she had even closed her mouth.
Cloudbrain.
    " gardening goat gal . "
    moo/glass - she/her - adult
    th - stars - return

aglassman

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Active Prompt

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Swishy & Broken wrote:
    The cold sure can be unforgiving, freezing nearly any body of water. How do your cats get safe drinking water in an environment that literally snatches that very necessity away?

Code: Select all
    [center][size=115][u][b]Day 4[/b][/u][/size]
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Clan link:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b][/center]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It is now officially day 4 !

The following players earned +10 EXP for participating in day 3 of Catvent:
      Kris Dreemurr
      ford
      Hush
      Asterlie
      Shuurock
      miraphoenix
      MutatedCry
      NaCl
      0Zero0
      nio
      fruitbat
      /nyx.
      Griff
      Chanceuxcat
      dascanadiansparkle
      coffee.berry
      jay.
      kennymcnenny
      Sushifoxx
      vivika
      wildsight
      nektar
      nindroidzane
      Deercan
      I Like Bees
      Vinson
      Aglassman

The following player has won a Boon Of Fertility:
      NaCl
    Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Image Image Image

°°°°°
    xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
    Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    hi!
    you can call me swishy, i use she/her
    pronouns. i work full time at a senior
    living facility and live a quiet, content
    life with my fiancée and two cats. i
    check cs every day, so don't feel shy
    about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby ford » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Day 4
    Username: ford
    Clan link: followers of the last heaven // "the flock"
    Prompt:
      seraphiel stood in the middle of camp, giving orders to the rest of the flock.
      'azrael, take emmanuel to try and break the ice in the creek,' they said, with a flick of their tail. helena's ear twitched irritably at the name but held her tongue, padding off to find the fledgeling.
      'sarandiel, how are things looking?' they turned their head to look at the exhausted virtue, who was busy pulling moss apart into neatly sorted clumps.
      'i have an idea,' he murmured. 'no idea if it will work, but i'm going to pull some icicles down from the dens and place them on some moss, letting it melt. with some luck, that'll give us at least a bit of drinking water.'
      seraphiel purred at the virtue's words, tail raised high. 'very good idea, sarandiel,' they praised, blinking kindly at the overworked cat. 'we will get through this, i know we will.'

ford ☆ he/they
    thkalspfp
    ford

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me