I DROVE TODAY by ♥ mizu

Artist ♥ mizu [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I DROVE TODAY

Postby ♥ mizu » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:46 pm

OK SO GUYS

i drove for the first time on an actual road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was terrifying

it was a dirt road in the middle of nowhere ok? but we still saw like 3 other cars and a few pedestrians. it was horrific. i managed to stay on the road the whole time but i accidentally kept getting dangerously close to the edge of the road because it was very thin and my dad was like "STAY RIGHT STAY RIGHT THIS IS YOUR SIDE OF THE ROAD" so i was like "ok" and he was like "NO TOO FAR STOP STOP STOP WATCH THAT MAILBOX". AND i went through an intersection safely. it was brilliant. i actually corrected dad because he said "go straight through the intersection" but there was no road there so i was like "no that's the ditch dad" and he was like "NO KEEP GOING" and then i went right and he realised that i was correct and was like "THOSE STUPID IDIOTS MOVED THE ROAD DAMNIT" and we kept going.

but guys. there was another car on the road. he was approaching me. and we met at a bend. and we went right beside each other, it was okay, but it was terrifying. he seemed so close to us. i was so scared. the roads out there are so thin and have no lines. i cannot believe i passed him without killing myself and everyone involved

i need to work on my spatial awareness though. that car is sooo big and i just. i don't know where everything is??? it's so much easier to ride a horse bro. i don't trust the car lmao. it's probably the best car i could learn on tho. it's very comfortable and smooth and it's smart. also dad says all i have to do is step on the gas/brakes, steer, and i'm good because the car will do the rest. but i do not trust that

also i found that when i let my brain go on autopilot instead of going "OHMYGOD OHMIGDO" i actually did better. so maybe i should work on that?

also sorry guys i cant draw cars but i tried my best LOL
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I DROVE TODAY

Postby Fluffy-white-birb » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:49 pm

congrats! here's to many more less chaotic driving sessions
Fluffy-white-birb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sosadtoobad » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:52 pm

fun fact did you know user means water in japanese?

cool sauce tho (also nice drawing!)
heyo, im soapy!
my current hyperfixations are hfjone, will wood, and lemon demon!

i use she/her pronouns, pls be respectful!/gen

oh yeah, im also autistic

pls dont use pastel text, its hard 2 read and its annoying

[left]current hyperfixations: hfjone, will wood, lemon demon, tally hall, and more i cant think of
sosadtoobad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weld » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:55 pm

yay!!!! its always scary at first, but youll get the hang of it! it only gets easier from here. thats one thing i had trouble with, figuring out how big your vehicle is. i went from driving a small 2 door coupe to a big truck.. youll get it! i believe in you!!!
weld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rouvin » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:05 pm

Ah, I remember my first time driving was pretty similar- you're not alone there, don't worry. Not many intersections, but... I went from a 25 mph (40 km/h) road straight to a 55 mph (88 km/h) undivided highway (aka, I'm driving one direction, there's cars in the other lane driving the other direction at the same speed, the only thing dividing you two is a double yellow line and common sense so good luck RWEOIJSDFMLK)- terrifying for my smol new-to-driving brain. Especially when you don't know how big the car is, it feels like those other ones are close to hitting you while passing and you're both going fast for a new driver- But... you get used to it when doing it enough, I actually kinda forgot the fear I first had going on that road until now lol

"It's about time we finish this 'show'..."
Rouvin - OSDD System (open to questions about that!) - They/it/xe
Commissions open - Art trades open - Requests closed
We do not trade right now! All trades sent to us will be cancelled immediately.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Image | Image
Rouvin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:52 pm

Fluffy-white-birb wrote:congrats! here's to many more less chaotic driving sessions

haha thank you so so much!! :D cheers to that! 🥂

sosadtoobad wrote:fun fact did you know user means water in japanese?

cool sauce tho (also nice drawing!)

YES i did!!!! i chose my username because my favourite character is mizu from blue eye samurai, i could go into a super long rant about WHY that name is perfect for her but yes!!!! thank you so much for noticing omg that's actually something i've been hoping somebody would say lol

(and thank you!)

weld wrote:yay!!!! its always scary at first, but youll get the hang of it! it only gets easier from here. thats one thing i had trouble with, figuring out how big your vehicle is. i went from driving a small 2 door coupe to a big truck.. youll get it! i believe in you!!!

hehe thanks!! that sounds incredibly difficult 😭😭 i'm hoping to get a smaller car (like a cts or lyriq sized thing) because there is NO WAY i'm driving that massive thing lmao. i was terrified. i'm a grocery getter kinda gal

UnrealReality wrote:
Ah, I remember my first time driving was pretty similar- you're not alone there, don't worry. Not many intersections, but... I went from a 25 mph (40 km/h) road straight to a 55 mph (88 km/h) undivided highway (aka, I'm driving one direction, there's cars in the other lane driving the other direction at the same speed, the only thing dividing you two is a double yellow line and common sense so good luck RWEOIJSDFMLK)- terrifying for my smol new-to-driving brain. Especially when you don't know how big the car is, it feels like those other ones are close to hitting you while passing and you're both going fast for a new driver- But... you get used to it when doing it enough, I actually kinda forgot the fear I first had going on that road until now lol

i. would. cry. omg
that sounds absolutely TERRIFYING. 40 km to 88 km is insane holy crap lmao. and i can't imagine being passed at that speed - i would be SO scared of people hitting me or hitting others!!! i think one of the main roads i drive into town in is an undivided highway but it's straight so i'm hoping it'll be okay when i finally try it?? i hope i get over my fears lol. my biggest fear is driving in the city. there are too many people, too many turns, and TOO MANY PEDESTRIANS
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:08 pm

WOOO CONGRATS BLISS!! you're gonna nail it even better
    next time >:)
    (also im thinking of changing my username to riptide.
    but like i'm so scared because what if i want to change back
    and somebody decides to steal coffee.berry???!!!)
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:21 pm

congrats bliss! you'll do awesome! <33
but this drawing looks amazing? you drew the car so much better than i could, especially not in 13 minutes <33
had severe oekaki art block for a while, slowly trying to get back to doing comms- please let me know if i owe you art in case i forgot!! <3

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:28 pm

coffee.berry wrote:
    WOOO CONGRATS BLISS!! you're gonna nail it even better
    next time >:)
    (also im thinking of changing my username to riptide.
    but like i'm so scared because what if i want to change back
    and somebody decides to steal coffee.berry???!!!)

honestly i like that - it fits you! i've changed usernames like a million times and i've never seen anyone steal any - i don't think anyone will go out of their way to steal yours, i think that'd just be weird haha. plus if the account is super inactive, with no pets or posts, the mods will let you have the username and remove the other account. so like if somebody is just creating an account for the username it won't work

and THANK YOU!!

COOLDOGOOO wrote:congrats bliss! you'll do awesome! <33
but this drawing looks amazing? you drew the car so much better than i could, especially not in 13 minutes <33

eee thank you!!! and haha i was staring out my window the whole time lmao, it's heavily referenced (and it shows LOL it's so blocky)
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticWaterDrake » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:34 am

congrats on driving!! yes, that was my main problem too when I first started. It feels like you're going to hit everything because you don't yet have that mental picture of where your car is in relation to everything else based on what you can see from inside it! It comes with time, just keep practicing and keep an experienced driver with you to keep you safe until you know you've got it. Also helps if that person is supportive and understanding! good luck <3
ArcticWaterDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me