DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open + CODE DROP!

Postby clemen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 am

♡User: Sunscratch
♡Kennel number: 23
♡Character's new name: I think I'll keep the name Reef ^^
♡Character's new gender: Female
♡Character's new age: 13
♡Character's new species: cat
♡Character's new personality: Lies around a lot, quite the couch potato. She's a smol cinna bun, but she will attack if needed.
♡Character's new traits: Great at per-swaying people, hates being alone, loves to play.
♡Character's story: Reef was walking down a Aruba beach. The sun glistened over the ocean. Something bright caught in Reef's view. Reef ran over to the shining object. It was a beautiful diamond! Reef snatched it up and carried back down the beach. Reef went back to her beach house set the diamond on her shelf. She awoke in the morning. She took the diamond outside to see how bright it could shine with the sunlight. But before she could do that she heard a tail splash in the water. She almost dropped the diamond! She quickly got a better grip on the diamond and ran over to where the tail splash was coming from. She saw something in the water It had a long and blue silvery fin, it was a purr-maid! Her beautiful tail was caught in a net! Reef ran over and tried to untangle it but It wouldn't budge. Then she realized she still had the diamond! The diamond had a sharp point on the end. She took the diamond and cut the net! The purr-maid was free at last. She gave Reef a hug then swam away. But when she was gone, there was a pearl necklace right a Reef's feet! The necklace a perfect spot to put the diamond in. She grabbed the necklace and put it on. It was beautiful! It made rainbow rays that reflected off of the diamond! What a day this was!!
Last edited by clemen on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am

inthepines
x

Username: RupturedRaptor
Kennel Number: 110

Use: To use in my Time Truffles storyline with Bask, Fruit, Cronan, Koria & Jewl (i'm yet to find a fitting design for her still).
I think i'll also do more writing for his backstory/past as i've enjoyed writing what i've written for his history in my entry. ^^

Name: Hudson Allie

Species/Breed: Reptile Dog
Age: Who even knows? (he's 22, well technically at least. He himself
really has no clue and the better you get to know him the less sure you'll also be)

Stats:
Health x | ■■■□□
Attackx. | ■■■□□
Defence | ■■■□□
Puzzle x.| ■■□□□

Personality:
Hudson is consistent with many of his features, except one massively defining trait. It often feels like 50% of the time he's indecisive and other 50% of the time extremely impulsive. This can result in him being difficult to predict, as there's no way in telling if he's about to just do something random or instead sit back and think about what to do. There really isn't many ways to tell, he has rather subtle hints but hardly anyone picks up on them.

Hudson is extremely emotional. Its evident his emotions control a lot of what he decides to do, although he often tries to keep this factor under control. Sometime's he's successful with this, other times he evidently fails.
He can have a bit of an edgy facade and he'll often pretends not to care as much as he does. He actually cares a lot more than some think, although anyone close to him quickly figures out how much he truly does care about everything (this being a lot).

Hudson occasionally stares blankly into the distance for seemingly no reason. In actual fact he's just thinking about something and just got lost in his thoughts. He usually doesn't talk about his random thoughts, often as the context doesn't make sense to anyone but himself due to living far longer than he was supposed to.

Hudson is not the brightest but he isn't stupid. He's anything but stupid really. He can have a bit of difficulty focusing or remembering things, and without access to his personal database he can take a while to remember important things like how to do basic calculations. When he manages to focus he can be quite intelligent, but unfortunately he struggles with focusing to that level so his abilities are often wasted.

There's often a tint of what appears to be either genius or just completely madness that shines through in Hudson. Although this trait doesn't seem very dominant in his overall personality there's no denying that there's something odd with the way Hudson's brain works and thinks, as if it's been modified and refined by a mad scientist over the years. It shows through in moments of pacing back and forth, the very rare occasion where Hudson's full mathematical or scientific potential is being used, or just when he's tired but too stubborn to go to sleep yet. Usually Hudson appears usual enough however, with only a tiny tint of insanity. The trait is often overlooked completely by most individuals.

History:
Hudson's life within his current body started within the labs of organisation i, upon his personal request. But before that? Well, his mind belonged to a whole other being. Truth is, Hudson himself can't quite remember exactly how old he is anymore if you're counting the age from his original body- where his mind began.

Rewind a couple thousand of nova years and we reach the original Hudson, although at this point his name is different. He's called Norman, but he still lives on planet Morthat within the system K12. Morthat has recently been established as a hyper-advanced civilisation, or at least on the main lands of the planet. Other areas are less developed and those who do live there chose a more 'traditional' life. Norman lives in a village not too far from an industrial town nearby.

It is in this first lifetime he steals a load of documents from organisation i at around the age of 24. He takes almost their whole database. As a result he becomes one of the most wanted criminals the organisation are after. As a result he goes into hiding for a while.

He spends more or less the rest of his life in hiding. He makes it to the age of 86 before he makes the biggest life changing decision of his life. At this point organisation i are still after him but have given up hopes. His database files were outdated by then, but what he had was already lightyears ahead of any research that had been published for the public to see. Norman knew he had possibly a few years left to live, he was optimistically hoping for around 10 more years. But he'd spent the larger portion of his lifetime -62 years- in hiding. He'd been incredibly isolated as he had minimal contact with the outside world and as a result didn't have the mind to reason with death the way most individuals in his situation would.

He begins a long process of scrambling through his stolen database looking for information. There's all sorts, from teleportation experiments to mass producing food from waste materials (the methods described in the database was how he managed to obtain food for all those years). Eventually he stumbled upon a series of experiments that he thought might be helpful to him. At this point he's 87 and a half.

The next part of Normans plan was slightly difficult. He was to build himself a body and he needed supplies. He figured he could print most materials by altering the device he made for generating food, but he needed particular parts in order to modify it. His appearance had changed enough since he was 24 to be able to leave his perfectly hidden hiding place of 63.5 years, as his fur had long since greyed. He didn't have any form of currency however, so he'd have to either be given what he needs or he needed to steal it.

His first attempt was to sit around and wait until someone took pity on the old creature to give him some money, probably believing he'd use it to buy food or help his non-existent family. Norman hadn't seen his family at all since he went into hiding. His family didn't know he was in hiding either. In fact, Norman was declared officially dead several years ago and he had a service in remembrance a few years after he disappeared. Organisation i suspected he was alive all this time, knowing that he could use the stolen knowledge to survive, but even they suspected he'd have died by now. They still kept a weary eye out, but nobody expected to find anything anymore. The task had become so insignificant that it was appointed to trainees to give them a real case with no real results, just so they understood how to handle that kind of thing.

Norman had managed to gather a pathetically small handful of various coins from his slightly lazy tactic of sitting around and looking miserable. He'd buy the most significant parts using this and steal the rest from anywhere he could, likely a buried dumping ground site. Nowadays rubbish was efficiently reused most of the time, so finding places like rubbish heaps and scrapyards were virtually unheard of. Most inhabitants of the area didn't even know such places once existed, unless they were actually playing attention to that one mandatory history class then they were an adolescent. (And lets be honest, almost everyone had something else that they were more interested in at the time, be it the latest way of staring blankly at a video game or simply becoming frustrated at their outdated virtual reality headset that was used to attend lessons. Most individuals were baffled that headsets were even used for educational purposes considering technology was extremely more advanced at the time. In fact, it was commonly agreed that the current education system was so pointless that even basic civilizations could use it. Many individuals wondered why it wasn't scrapped in favour of better education systems that had since been invented but were only just beginning to bloom in popularity.)

Norman had spent a lot of the remaining daylight hours strolling around the area he once knew. It used to be a town and a market place, but it had since expanded into a growing city. His hiding place was still untouched, but he was concerned that it would soon be discovered. He had tried to resist the smells of food far more advanced and tasty than the food he could generate for himself and was now strolling around the city with something that resembled a baked pasty in one hand and two measly coins in the other. The food was an impulse buy, but upon evaluation after making the purchase and biting into it Norman had concluded that it was money well spent.

Now it was time to find a scrapyard. He couldn't afford to buy any new parts now. Norman had a few 'best guesses' as to where they might be hidden. He knew they'd all be deep underground from the cities early development. Some would have been dug up and destroyed, but in poorer areas they just build on top of them after sealing off the rubbish. Norman followed a narrow pathway down long alleyways, following a pathway he'd memorised from several years before. If you were to zoom out and spectate Norman from a bird's eye view, you may have noticed that Norman's memory wasn't exactly perfect (in fact far from it at this point), as he managed to spend 23 minutes walking in almost perfect circles as he attempted to navigate through a maze of buildings. His movements somewhat resembled a confused pac-man wondering around aimlessly, whilst wondering why the pixelated ghosts had disappeared. All he needed to find was an entrance to the underground, but several of them had been sealed since he was last there and Norman appeared rather baffled by this fact.

Norman eventually manages to find an entrance that hadn't be3n completely sealed off. It was sort of sealed off, sure, but the job had been lazily done. It didn't take him long to remove a battered, rusted metal cover by using an equally rusty 'screwdriver' he made from a piece of scrap metal lying next to the cover. The piece was rather conveniently placed nearby and it had clearly been deliberately shaped by someone else a few years prior. The cover only had a handful of screws to undo, the rest had long been removed. Norman figured that the only reason the cover was put back on was to ensure that the cover wouldn't be updated, so whoever was using the entrance before him could continue doing so. He was glad that there was no recent evidence of the entrance being used. He must have been the first to use it in a few years.

Norman cautiously entered into a long passageway which branched out into several other passageways. There was evidence of individuals using the area to live or hide in, although the entrance passageways were virtually spotless besides the odd grafitti scribbled or sprayed onto the old dirty bricks that made up the tunnel walls. That grafitti had likely been left over from the days of the tunnel being used as a public walkway. Norman knew there was secret passageways all alongbthe city. They were once all disconnected from each other but during the years following the public walkway scheme being scrapped and slowly sealed off individuals built connections between the tunnels and created a secret network which had several differing purposes.

Norman, once in a familiar location, made a beeline for an area he knew contained a buried scrapyard and a makeshift rubbish dump.

- - -

Norman manages to find the right parts in the old scrapyard. He finds its been turned into a playground haven with fairy lights handing from a ceiling made from brick, metal poles and sheets and other matter that prevented the ground collapsing in on the scrapyard. He searches for a while to find the parts that hadn't already been used to make makeshift playground equipment, as he felt too bad to destroy the creations that had been kept there for years.

Through the power of maddened science and his stolen database Norman is successfully able to transfer his mind to the new body and manages to go off organisation i's radar for a while. He changes his name to Mason once in his second body. He makes sure to allow his new brain to have a better memory than his original one.

- - -

Mason is definitely an improvement from his original body. Having the ability to choose his features caused him to go a little wild, but he justified this with the idea that anyone would have done the same, given the opportunity. He wanted to blend in so he chose himself a design based off the citizens he saw above ground, so nothing special or else he'd stand out. He did however go over the top with aspects such as strength and muscle. He included a more powerful brain, as well as allowing himself to back up memories and other data onto digital memory. Mason realised even with an improved brain he'd likely start to forget his experiences, especially if he was to live this second life for as many years as his first. Its unfortunate that Mason barely remembered to back his memories up, despite having the ability to do so.

Mason lived a ,mostly normal life after he managed to make up a half-hearted fake backstory for himself. He had very little friends however as he kept most individuals distant. On occasion he returned to the tunnels and even to his original hiding location to mess around with experimenting with the stolen data.

By the end of the 2nd life he's forgotten most of his memory, although he did have the fortune to remember to back up certain important aspects of his memory at some point, such as the data he stole and what he'd discovered whilst using it, including building a new body.

- - -

- he continues to just make himself new forms whenever he's close to death.
- goes on an adventure alone for quite some time (third body).
- he uses the name Higg (or Higgs) for his 3rd body.
- he gives himself a new name for each new life. he often gets creative with his made up backstories for himself.

- - -
Eventually, after multiple different transfers to multiple different bodies, we reach the Hudson we know now. He's gotten into the habit of uploading memories almost as soon as he can, to provide the most accurate recollection on what actually happened. (Memory stays in his brain normally, he just has a backed up copy. This way he knows the more accurate versions of things before his brain starts to recall events incorrectly. It comes in handy for arguments where individuals have both remembered an event differently and are arguing over what actually happened. Other than that its just so Hudson can continue to remember events far into the future.)

By the point Koria and Bask meet Hudson he's more or less lost himself. With the possibility of a re-start at life, this time through an adventure that's not just him alone, Hudson almost instantly befriends the two and joins them on their adventure. He's excited at the chance to rediscover himself that he leaves behind whatever task I has doing in order to evade organisation i.

Extra facts:
- Usually when he has bread (or anything bread-like) he'll roll it into a ball before eating it. This annoys some people but he doesn't care. If one of his friends become annoyed by this he'll continue to do so just to annoy them more. Its an odd habit he won't change for anyone.
- He's currently working on a more portable way of uploading his mind onto his personal database. He's hoping to have some sort of fancy headset in the future but he often procrastinates creating it.
- Hudson secretly likes wearing flowers or flower related accessories. His favourites are handmade flower-crowns and simplistic floral hawaiian shirts. He won't admit this fact however, but he will wear flowers whenever he has a decent excuse.
Last edited by Raptocidic on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:43 am, edited 14 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Username: booklover789
Kennel Number: 22
Old Image (LINK): oekaki/image/image.php?id=2099967&size=large&format=auto&rev=1412639337
New Image (LINK): oekaki/image/image.php?id=3387114&size=large&format=png&rev=1560126289
Credit (LA, design, etc.): Base by puffball~, edits and revamp by booklover789
ReVaMpZ

Kennel Number: 35
Old Image (LINK): http://shadow9119ocs.weebly.com/uploads ... 7_orig.png
New Image (LINK): Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4102926
Credit (LA, design, etc.): Base by zaz, edits and background and revamp by booklover789
ReVaMpZ
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Username: rescue2001
Kennel Number: 32
Species and/or Breed:
Use:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
inthepines

Username:
Kennel Number: 58
Species and/or Breed:
Use:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Extra(s):
inthepines

Wip
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Credit (Design, LA, etc.): Lineart by SmolMidget ; Design by bullserk

Username: rescue2001
Kennel Number: 89
Species and/or Breed: wolf/husky/German shepherd
Use: possible to character
Name: Kota
Personality:
Kota is a very loud character, he almost always tell you whats on his mind but he is careful, sorta, about what he says. He is bisexual but is very flirt tagous ( I think I spelt that wrong ). He loves talking about himself and is always up for fun or jokes.
History:
Extra(s):
inthepines

Wip
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _rιyα_ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:56 am

Username: sesquipedalian
Kennel Number: 38
Species and/or Breed: Gryphon
Use: Personal OC
Name: Foira
Age: 247 Years (actually rather young in comparison to others of her species; gryphon are near immortal and have been known to live for one or two millennium)
Personality: Foira is a rather odd being; she isn't much one for speaking, and often communicates with simple gestures. WIP
History:
Extra(s): WIP
inthepines

--------------------------------------------------

Username: sesquipedalian
Kennel Number: 68
Species and/or Breed: Dog; Corgi
Use: Personal OC, friend for another character of mine!!
Name: Egypt
Personality: WIP
History: WIP
Extra(s): WIP
inthepines
Last edited by _rιyα_ on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_rιyα_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Kennel Number: 4
Old Image (LINK): oekaki/image/image.php?id=3347917&size=large&format=auto&rev=1554937664
New Image (LINK): oekaki/image/image.php?id=3387823&size=large&format=png&rev=1560216947
Credit (LA, design, etc.): Base by Hubble, revamp and edits by booklover789
ReVaMpZ
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:29 pm

@Direwolf_1411225 - hey there! To answer both your posts - you can't just claim a character, you have to fill out a form and tell us all about your thoughts for them! And that character has been adopted out for a long time - they got a really good form a while back <3

- - - -

All revamps and new characters added! Bless you all for the help making this place better!

- - - -

I see a lot of good starts to forms! Remember that we'd love to see full paragraphs for personality and history. Still figuring out a code drop date.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aortic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Dropping out! Don’t have time, sorry!
Last edited by aortic on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aortic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Username: bullserk
    Kennel Number: 62
    Species: Shapeshifter (Canine - Dragon - Human)
    Use: I'd love to use this boy as part of my band of magical merchants!

Name: Raine

Personality:
    History:
    Extra(s):
    WIP

Credits

inthepines
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items