Pound of Hope [CLOSED PERMANENTLY]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Pound of Hope [A: OPEN/D: OPEN/COME. ADOPT. LOVE.]

Postby Syra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm

I am looking to donate...
Image:
Lineart used (if any): By WoelfinNishi
Name: Gem
Species: Unicorn
Preferences:
-You may change her name and gender
-She needs to stay a unicorn though she could have other forms with magic and such
-Not to be used as a fursona, but could possibly be a fursona's mate or family member
-You may add one or two accessories, but don't over do it
-Love her!
By submitting this form, I, Syra, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
AreYouAWitch
Leaving this account.
I just... need a clean start.
Syra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm

I am looking to adopt...befriend and adore...

Kennel number:
F28

Name:
Roger
{{Yes, his name is Roger. Why? Well, who needs an explanation as to the reason they were named something? If someone's parents named them Bubbles, do you think they'd have an explanation for it? What if they were called Bob? No one really has an explanation for their name, unless it's a family name or has something to do with a relative. Something like that. But nothing like that for Roger. He's just called Roger because he is. No nicknames, no "Rog" or something like that. Just... Roger.

Breed:
Kyrelios
{{No, I'm not entirely sure what a Kyrelios is. It's a new species to me, but they sure look amazing.

Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:
When I first saw Roger in the kennels, I was always quite interested in him. But, well, usual excuse, I have the attention span of a squirrel and I never have enough muse sometimes to go for characters. Roger was beautiful, but what was I going to write about for him? I had nothing on my side, really. I wanted him, but that wasn't really enough. I guess I just needed a push to really go for him. One thing that helped was noticing there was competition for him, even though I hadn't entered for him yet. The other was a new muse that I received from going to school. In school, there's almost nothing to do all day for me other than work and think up story and character ideas. Which is what happened here. I thought up an idea, and it went perfectly with this character.
Now that I know what I want to do, I am using this chance to try for Roger. I plan on using him for art, mostly, as his design is absolutely gorgeous and I'm particularly in love with it. I also plan on giving him a good home, and plenty of other things as well. Most importantly, or at least I would think so, I plan on using him. That's what most characters need, to be used. While I may not use him all the time, he'll hopefully get more use from me than he does sitting here in the kennels.
Yeah, these probably aren't the best reasons for wanting Roger.
I still love him so much.

Personality:
Roger is as far from perfect as you can get. He has a lot of strange flaws, that sort of ruin his personality for other people. No one wants to hang out with him for these traits and quirks, but Roger doesn't mind. He's very awkward and has a hard time talking to people anyway. When he tries to start a conversation, they sort of look away, or pretend they're busy. Or, when they start talking to him, he shifts from foot to foot and makes stupid remarks because he doesn't know what else to say. Roger blushes a lot because of his awkwardness, and has a hard time just asking for things or even doing some things that others would consider easy. He's afraid to try them, and is too awkward to ask about them.
This awkwardness stems from Roger's clear antisocial behavior. He just doesn't like hanging out with people. They're no fun anyway, I mean, you can have plenty of fun on your own, right? That's what Roger seems to think. That he doesn't need anyone else to enjoy himself. He likes wandering away from the crowd, if there ever is one somewhere and he's a part of it, and doing what he wants to do. He's that kind of guy, the one who always seems to get lost on purpose during a museum tour. Luckily, most people leave Roger to just do whatever, so he's alone like he wants to be most of the time.
All the time spent alone has given Roger another notable trait as well. Very deep thoughtfulness. He loves thinking and thinking about one topic until there is nothing about it left to think about. He can spend hours debating with himself about something, whether it be why a tiger has stripes or anything else of that nature. No one else is around most of the time when he is thinking, and sometimes those thoughts are out loud. Roger's ability with thinking has led him to be able to solve complicated problems relatively easily, but no one really notices and Roger doesn't mind that. He doesn't want them to notice, really. He's smart, very smart in fact, he just doesn't want anyone to take note of that and pester him.
Roger can also be thought of as "weird". Yeah, a lot of other folk think of him as strange, weird, suspicious.... Different, basically. Roger agrees with them in full. He is weird, and he happily acknowledges it. Albert Einstein was probably considered weird when he was little, along with a lot of other famous people in the world. Plus, Roger feels a sense of pride in being called different. He sees it as someone saying "You're better than everyone else's stereotypes. You're better than what we all are. You've earned... No, you deserve the title 'Different' Which, if someone said that to you, wouldn't you feel a bit proud? That's what Roger thinks every time when someone calls him weird or different.

{{Antisocial, awkward, weird.... I would think that Roger loves to be alone most of his time, and I'm fairly sure that anyone else could agree with that.
--Deep thinking sessions
{{Yes, Roger calls the time he spends thinking his "deep thinking sessions". And he has a lot of them. He loves to think, so clearly he would love having his sessions for thinking.
--Candy Corn
{{There really is no explanation as to why Roger loves candy corn so much. He just... He just does. He adores candy corn, and will do anything for it.

Dislikes:
--Lettuce
{{No. No Roger does not like lettuce at all. He despises the stuff, finding it distasteful and rather sickening to his stomach. It's unknown whether he just dislikes it to dislikes it or if he dislikes it because a lot of other Kyrelios like it.
--Parties/Crowds
{{You will almost never see Roger in any crowds unless he's forced, and you will never see him at the parties that some Ky throw.
--

History/Background:
"Quit acting like a fool and get back in line."
Roger glared at the leader of his current group. The clan leader just HAD to assign him to this guy's patrol. It was bad enough that he had assigned Roger to any patrol at all. He understood that the Kyrelios had to keep their secretive community a secret, but did it really require so much patrolling? Roger returned to the line, popped from his fantasies, an indignant look on his face. Mar, the patrol leader, sighed and shook his head. "What's with you anyway?" He muttered, taking up his place at the front. Roger remained in the back.
Okay, yeah, so Roger was different. Why did everyone have a problem with that? He was just more imaginative than they were, in a better way. He was the one who came up with the idea to steal human food, although that had never really caught on with anyone else. He didn't care.
Roger waited, padding along the line quietly, until everyone else had gotten a bit ahead of him. He leaped away from the group then, his hooves hitting soft grass as he pranced away eagerly. No one would notice. He looked back at the area his group had been patrolling and saw, behind him now, his home. A thick circlet of trees surrounded by grassy fields and rolling hills, a golden brown at this time of year. Roger sighed. It was such a pretty place to live. Now if only it didn't need patrols every ten seconds.
He rolled his eyes and darted towards the hills, his imagination already going wild. To him, right now, the world wasn't soft grass hills, but a great cave filled with challenges and dragons and monsters of all kinds. and somewhere in the center, a treasure the size of him. What a grand thing it would be to find! Roger became a sort of Indiana Jones, playing by himself in the fields and being lucky not to draw attention to himself. He pranced and jumped and kicked, fighting back his imaginary monsters and demons as he headed to the anteroom to fetch his prize. Quite a prize was waiting when he got there in his fiction too.

By the time Roger snapped somewhat out of his adventurous fantasy, he realized he had wandered far towards human territory. It was around Halloween for the people, and they wandered about buying candy and decor and costumes. Roger knew that his own people would be preparing a party to celebrate around this time as well. They were always considered "party animals" by any human who had seen their magnificent bashes. To Roger there were too many rules or restrictions or other Kyrelios there.
He trotted towards the area without a fear, sensing that his beloved treasure would be nearby. What he had been play fighting for for the last hour or so. His mind couldn't process between reality and fiction quickly enough, and the Kyrelios didn't even realize he was wandering straight towards the human settlement, closer than ever before. He could sense what he was looking for, before seeing it.
This one town had something they considered magnificent out on display, after working hard to have it moved there. The largest piece of candy corn in the world was stationed there for two nights, and today was the day it was going to be shipped. The piece of candy was massive and untouched by hungry hands or insects. Then Roger came along.
He eyed the enormous candy like Indiana Jones would eye the crystal skull. His eyes lit up with love and pleasure, as he charged towards it. Straight toward a crowd of onlookers, waiting to watch or help in the moving of the candy corn. The Kyrelios had no regard for them. They were merely in the way and he dodged towards them, causing the crowd to react badly. They scattered in fear, as if the rambunctious Roger was absolutely terrifying. He was just happy.
The brilliant stripes and markings, long tongue, and eager, quick feet made Roger a very unexpected sight, as he streamed past the crowds and towards the candy corn. His mind was only just stirring the real world back up. The cave was slowly disappearing and that wonderful fantasy became reality as Roger turned around. There, people stood, staring at him and murmuring. No one had seen a creature like him other than a few choice people, and they had been credited as lying. Roger was now caught unawares, a victim to his mental ability, to his overactive imagination. He took off once again, charging back to his home, nary slowing down for fear of being caught. He made it home safely, but more than one problem arose from his visit.

"Okay, guys, we may have a problem so we're going to need a guard and more patrols and-"
The Kyrelios didn't finish his sentence as someone smacked him in the side. Mar was furious that Roger had left his patrol group. "I actually went looking for you. LOOKING. And you turn up HOURS later all alone screaming god knows what!"

Art:
By Me

Other:

WIP
Bah not the most decorative form ever but I don't think decor says anything about how much you love a character, just how much you like to make things pretty cx <33
Last edited by byyrde on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Image:
Lineart used (if any):
My own
Name:
She doesn't have one yet.
Species:
Fox
Preferences:
Please don't change her gender.
Not to be your fursona or related to your fursona.

By submitting this form, I, Demotivated_bear, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
AreYouAWitch
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Offended Cockatiel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:33 pm

October.. ;n; she's so amazing. I can't even..
And Syr I'm definetly going for her eue

Demo, she's very cute.
I may do a revamp if she doesn't get enough attention. ouo
Offended Cockatiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electriic » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 am

I am looking to adopt...

Picture:
Kennel number:
Name:
Shay
Breed:
Cheetah
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?:

Why do you want this animal
Well I've always loved cats, big and small. I've only had one other big cat character only shes nothing like Shay. Shay's design was simple yet elegant. I love how her pattern flows all together. I'd love to have a classy elegant character such as Shay.
What will you do for it
I'll love Shay and definatly spoil her with art and love <3
I'll be very excited if I get this character, to place orders of art and add her to my character family.
Personality:

Dislikes:

History/Background:

Background

History
Shay has just arrived from the country to visit her grandparents in Northern Canada, they own a quaint candy shop. In her suitcase is a very special present for her dear Grandma- a teakettle.
Shay's grandfather followed her into the store and set her suitcases down.
"Here she is!" he said. He went over to the cash register and took out some change and said, "I'll call and tell them she got here all right so they won't worry."
"Let me do it," said Shay
Shay's grandpa opened the phone booth door and gave her five one dollar bills.
Closing the door behind her, Shay turned around and picked up the phone.
She inserted the money and entered her home phone number. After one ring, her mother picked up the phone.
"I got here all by myself," said Shay.
"Wonderful," replied her mother. "You enjoy yourself- and behave."
Shay giggled, "I will," answered.

As soon as Shay stepped out of the phone booth, Shay's grandma said when Shay always comes and visits:
"Come on into the back room and eat!"
"Coming," Shay replied.
Before Shay could take out her gift out of her bag, her grandma had three bowls of chicken soup on the table. There were lots of slices of carrots, plus noodles, mixed in with big chunks of chicken. Little puffs of steam rose out of the soup bowls.
Shay had to blow quite a few times before it was cold enough to eat. While she waited for it to cool, she took out the tea kettle out of her bag. Then held it under the light to catch a silvery light.
"Grandma, this is your present," Shay said. "It's a teakettle."
"Thank you very much," replied her Grandma. "but its not nessesary

Art:

Other:

All the graphics shown are from Glitter-Graphics.com

WIP Cx
Last edited by Electriic on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆
Electriic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittens of Evil » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 am

I'd like some critique!
Username:
Number of character you're applying for: The gorgeousness that is P90.
Link to form: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=341528&p=42230554#p42230554
Would you like critique through PM, or another way?: PM please. I really want this character, so it's okay if you're brutally honest with me.
I'M SO SORRY TO ALL MY RPS. I HAD TO TAKE TIME OFF FOR FAMILY ISSUES, BUT I'M BACK FOR GOOD NOW.http://www.fanfiction.net/~kittensofrainbowishevil
Kittens of Evil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am

Hey guys, I just thought I should inform y'all that I changed my username from _Untamed_Spirit_ to Micki., but I'm not sure if I'll keep the new username or not. cx
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mihochi » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:23 am

I am looking to adopt...
Picture: Image
Kennel number: 120
Name:Currere
Breed: Horse
Why do you want this animal and what will you do for it?: As I put on my last form purple is my favourite colour and I adore her simple design. She is really sweet and I would love to give her a home. She will have a place on my character website and I will have art made of her.
Personality: Brash and sometimes arrogant. Can be pompous but generally is cheerful.
Dislikes: Snakes; she thinks the look slimey.
History/Background:She is the fastest horse in Orbis. She races anything and everything and prides herself on being the fastest. Her main role in Orbis is to over see the night and make sure nothing bad happens... however she gets side tracked a lot.
Art: -
Other: All of my characters are integrated onto my website which is written as a land called 'Orbis' which is why the story is the way it is.
Mihochi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Image:
Lineart used (if any):
Click
Name:
You choose
Species:
Horse/Mare
Preferences:
Credit me for his design
Do not change his design. However you can add itmes.
Please don't change his species.
Love him and care for him.
PM me if you win him/her.
By submitting this form, I, Zoker, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
AreYouAWitch

Image:
Lineart used (if any):
Click
Name:
You choose
Species:
You choose
Preferences:
Credit me for his/her design
Do not change his/her design or items.
Please don't change his/her species.
Love him/her and care for him/her.
PM me if you win him/her.
By submitting this form, I, Zoker, agree that I am giving up my character to a new home, and will not ask for the character back if it has a form up for it.
AreYouAWitch
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlazzingWolf » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Zoker wrote:Image

This is beautiful!! Will definalty try for her!
BlazzingWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me