WME Rules & FAQ

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

WME Rules & FAQ

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:39 am

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get your questions added to the FAQ just post them below and either a Mod or myself will reply and add it to the list.

-
-
Last edited by horsy1050 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:03 am

-
-

• Do not claim the species as your own
  • Do not remove my signature from adopts
  • You cannot use the original adoption image in artwork, it is a reference image only
  • If you leave CS you may take your equids with you
  • Equids cannot be converted into humans or other species
  • Equids are not an open species, you must win an adopt, breed one or earn a custom
  • If you are unsure about something read the FAQ, if the answer isn't there message an Equid moderator or post your question in the FAQ
  • There is no limit to the number of equids you can own

• You need to have been registered on Chickensmoothie for 3 months to adopt
  • You must have made at least 100 forum posts to adopt
  • Equids are only available to adopt if they have "Adopt Me" on the image
  • You can only adopt one Equid every 10 days
  • You must not change the format of the form, this includes colour changes, centering, etc.
  • If an Equid is closed for judging do not post until the owner is decided

• You need to have been registered on Chickensmoothie for 3 months to breed an equid
  • You must have made at least 100 forum posts to breed an equid
  • You can only breed an equid once every two weeks
  • Artists are only open to do breedings when they say they are on the breeding topic
  • You must get permission from the owners of the equids before a breeding can be accepted
  • Each equid can only have ten foals (unless stated otherwise)
  • You can pick 3 traits for the foal based off the parents, but it must be a trait on at least one of the parents (or both)
  • You can purchase 1 extra trait from the artist for a fee of their choice (art, pets, etc.)

• Equids cannot be drawn as any other animal or as a human/furry
  • Equids cannot breed with any species
  • Equids cannot be ridden by humans due to their weak backs
  • Equids do become same sex pairs when there are no other equids/equines around for company
  • Equids do not age automatically, you can choose to age them
  • Each equid can only have ten foals (unless stated otherwise)
  • Equids can breed once they are 3 years old
  • There are 4 types of equids: Regular, Theme, Special and Event (explained in the Information Centre)
  • Equids can be either domestic or wild, it is up to the owner which
  • Equids are no shorter then 11hh and no taller then 15hh

• Equids can be any equine base colour
  • Equids always have stripes called "quipping" (except a select few)
  • Quipping can be any natural horse colour (except in event/special equids)
  • They can have all types of paint markings
  • There are no red, blue, green, purple, etc. equids, only natural
  • Equids can have bird catcher spots and bend spots
  • Out of all types of quipping certain quip styles cannot be combined (vertical/horizontal, fade lace/necklace, etc.)

• wildhorse027 is the Archive mod, she will make sure all rules are followed
  • You can reserve a post but please fill it in as soon as possible
  • If possible can you NOT have your signature showing
  • It would be easier to find things if people didn't mess with the layout. Just post the form as is with no colours, etc.
  • If you not sure about the coat of an equid you can pm the artist who made it or horsy1050 and they will give you a colour
  • You can link to your equid threads at the top of your post
Last edited by horsy1050 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General FAQ

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:17 am

-
-

• How do I adopt?
    Equids that are available for adoption will have "Adopt me" on their image. Details on how to adopt that equid will be on that particular equids first page.

• Why do I need 100 posts and 3 months on CS?
    It is just a way of making sure those who adopt really want equids and aren't just adopting on a whim. Obviously those have been on CS a while can adopt on a whim but they are more likely to be a part of the community.

• If I leave CS do I have to re-adopt out my equids?
    No. Even if you leave CS you adopted them and can continue to love them even after you leave.

• Can I post my equids off-site?
    Yes you can as long as you link back to main CS topic.

• Can I sell/trade/give-away equids?
    No. If you no longer want your equid you need to wait until there is a re-adoption event to give it away. You cannot give a equid to a specific player, it can only be re-adopted fairly.

• Can I order a breeding and have the foal put up for adoption?
    Yes, if the artist agrees.

• How do I get a special/event equid?
    You either need to take part in the event or win a special custom. Only then can you get a special equid.

• Why are special/event equids special?
    First generation event equids can only be obtained at certain times of the year or during events, the only exception is Skeleton equids that can breed other skeleton equids.
    Likewise special equids are special because their coats are rare.

• Why are Event equids rarer then special equids?
    Event equids are only made once a year which makes them rarer then regular equids, especially if they are ordered as customs outside the event date.

• My pet/friend/family member died, can I have a custom?
    Customs are offered to those who deserve them and without knowing you I can not know if your telling the truth so I only offer condolence customs to people I have spoken to previously. Likewise other artists can give them provided they are sure.

• Why are there so many official equid topics?
    There are so many because the community has become so big that all the information cannot be put in one topic. It also makes it easier to link to specific information if it has its own post/topic. Take the FAQ for example, if people ask about breeding they can be linked to the breeding topic and the breeding section of the FAQ to give a complete picture of the process.

• Can we post on all the official topics?
    Yes. You are free to post on any WME topic unless it states otherwise either in the title or in the first post of the topic.

• Can I contact you (horsy1050) about WME stuff?
    Certainly! However I am very rarely active, I browse over pm's and forget to reply later, so if its urgent then I would pm a mod, they are more likely to respond.
Last edited by horsy1050 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Info FAQ

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:25 am

-
-

• How did you come up with the idea for Wild Mountain Equids?
    In the case of equids Rome was literally built in a day. I opened up adoptable oekaki and though: "I want to make a horse based species"
    From there I made a list of things I wanted them to be like: long legs, live in the mountains, cat like tail. After that the rest fell into place, what would they need to live in a mountainous environment? Fur on back to keep warm and attract mates, fur on the tail to curl around themselves for warmth, etc.
    They had no pre-planning, it was what I fancied at the time.

• Can I draw my equid as a anthro/human/furry?
    No. They must always be shown in their original form, but they can do some very strange poses if you wish, like drinking from a teacup in a chair.

• Do equids have to be wild?
    No, equids can be domesticated and live with other horses/donkeys/animals

• Can equids be in same gender relationships?
    Yes they can.

• Would equids ever mate with horses or donkeys?
    No they wouldn't, even in a confined environment a equid would never mate with another species. Any embryo between species never develops.

• Can equids be friends with other species?
    Certainly! They are a social species but also very cautious, much like horses, but they can certainly be friends with any species that doesn't attempt to eat or harm them.

• How to equids behave?
    They are very much like horses, they live in herds and need the company of others to feel safe.

• Can equids be ridden?
    Due to their weak backs they cannot hold a weight on their backs, it is also uncomfortable to put saddles on the mane along their back. They can however take a harness and pull carriages/sledges.

• How tall can equids be?
    They can be between 12.0 hands high (hh) and 14.3hh. There are some exceptions due to a past miscommunication.

• Do equids age?
    It is up to you if and when your equid ages, you can keep it eternally young or age it faster due to roleplays.

• Do equids die?
    No. You can kill them off on roleplays but still keep them as personal characters outside roleplays.

• Can I design my own equid/make a custom?
    Only if you have won a custom from a competition, the 200 equid challenge or as a gift. However it will be created in the lines by an artist and tweaked to fit rules.

• What is "Quipping"?
    Quipping was the name I created for the style of stripes found on equids. It was done to see who copied equids, seeing if they switched quipping our for brindle.

• Does quipping have to fit certain rules?
    Yes it does. You can find more information on quipping in the Information Centre rules section.

• Are there different types of quipping?
    Yes there is. There are too many to name but the basics are given in the Information Centre rules section.

• Do equids have to have natural base coats?
    Yes they do. They can have any horse coat with any combination of paint markings.

• Can I have red on my equid?
    No. the closest an equid can be to red is blood bay which still has a hint of brown, the quipping can cause red hairs in the mane but on special event equids or those made before the rule change. Red cannot be requested when breeding equids.

• Can equids be blue?
    No. Blue roan is just white hairs mixed in with black making grey not blue. Grullo is also not blue, it is a faded black which makes a grey/brown tone.

• Why is roan a special equid type?
    Originally I didn't want equids to be roan as I didn't like roan horses, but due to popular demand they were introduced but the breeding and creation of them grew out of control for a rare coat so limits were put on it.

• Can equids have any eye colour?
    Yes they can, from green to blue or purple to orange, if its a colour it can be an equid eye colour.

• Can equids have odd coloured eyes?
    Yes if the paint markings go over the eye on one side and not the other.

-
-
Last edited by horsy1050 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding FAQ

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 am

-
-

• Can equids breed?
    Yes they can, they can breed 10 times in their lifetime.

• Can I design my own breeding?
    No. All breedings are done by our artists to ensure they meet the rules.

• Is there a time limit between breeding?
    You can breed your equids once every two weeks, but a equid could have two foals in one day if two owners request a breeding with the same mare/stallion

• Can we request traits for the foal?
    Yes you can. It must be a trait found on either the mare or stallion, so you cannot request dapples unless the mare or stallion has dapples.

• How many traits can we request per breeding?
    You can request 3 for free, sometimes the artists offer for you to choose another trait for a small fee (CS pets or art)

• Do you do stem cell breeding?
    No, a breeding must be between a mare and a stallion

• Is there a minimum age for a equid to breed?
    Because equids age as and when the owner decides there is no minimum age limit but a foal cannot have a foal for 2 weeks after its creation.

• My foal is marked as "less than a year old", when will it age?
    The owner decides when it ages, we don't keep changing the age. It is a phrase used to fill the age section of the standard form.

• Can I request that certain traits of my equids can't be passes on?
    You can do that but it needs to be marked clearly and the breeder needs to be aware of this rules.

• Can I request that foals must have a certain trait of my equid?
    Yes you can but you can only enforce it on the foals of your equid, if the owner wants to continue this tradition when breeding their foal they can but you cannot influence grand-foals. The breeder also needs to be aware of this rule before breeding.

• Why do I need to quote permissions?
    We have had previous issues with people requesting foals without having the owners permission. It is just to check that the person has legitimately earned the slot. I am aware quotes can be forged but I trust people will not do that.

• I don't like my foal, can I have it deleted and ask for a new one?
    No. Once it has been created it is here to stay. If you do not connect with it you are welcome to re-adopt it in a re-adoption event.

• Can equids have twin or triplets?
    No, equids have one foal at a time due to their weak back. If a mare had twins it would kill her and her foals.

-
-
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff FAQ

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:55 am

-
-

• How do I become an artist?
    Artists are chosen using artist competitions done in oekaki since it is the medium you will chose. Artist competitions will be announced in the official topics and fan club so keep an eye out for the next contest.

• How do I become a guest artist?
    Guest artists are chosen on recommendations from existing staff or by showing good design skills outside equids.

• How do I become a moderator?
    When I need a new moderator I generally look out for those being exceptionally helpful in the equid official topics and who act in a polite, kind manner. It also helps if you talk to me regularly on CS or skype as skype can provide a faster line of communication in the event of a fan club meltdown or other crisis.

• What are the perks of being staff?
    Customs, lots of customs. Moderators get 2 custom equids a year, artists get 3 a year and guest artists get 1. There are exceptions where people perform beyond their station, eg. helping judge contests.

• How long are guest artists artists?
    They are artists for anything between 2 weeks to 2 months depending on demand and how long the list of potential guest artists is.

• Do guest artists take part in events?
    That depends on the event. I do generally try and drag them back every now and then so everyone gets a chance to get an equid by every artist.

• Does horsy1050 (the owner) get more privileges?
    Of course I do! I thoroughly use and abuse my power by offering random customs to people though I do try and limit how much I influence whether I win a open adopt.

• Only Moderators can tell me off for breaking rules right?
    Wrong. Any member of equid staff can tell you off for breaking rules, as well as CS site staff.

-
-
Last edited by horsy1050 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roleplay FAQ

Postby horsy1050 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:03 am

-
-

• Do I need permission to create a roleplay?
    No you don't. So what are you waiting for?

• Do they have to be a certain type, eg. lit, semi-lit, etc?
    No, it can be any type you like with as many people as you like.

• Do the equids have to be wild?
    No, you can roleplay domestic equids and wild equids, and possibly both at the same time if they live near eachother.

• Is there a list of active roleplays?
    Not currently, though hopefully some time soon.

• Can quids be roleplayed off-site?
    Yes they can but credit the species to horsy1050@Chickensmoothie

-
-
Last edited by horsy1050 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME Frequently Asked Questions

Postby nimrod. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:33 am

If someone is uncertain/has no clue as to what their equid's coat color/markings is/are, who can they contact to receive a knowledgable answer?

I know this has been an issue for myself in the past, and I've seen others experiance difficulty as well. So I'm sure people would find it useful if some contacts were given that they are allowed to use without thinking they are a bother.
nimrod.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horsy1050 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 am

New Nimrod97 wrote:
    If someone is uncertain/has no clue as to what their equid's coat color/markings is/are, who can they contact to receive a knowledgable answer?

I know this has been an issue for myself in the past, and I've seen others experiance difficulty as well. So I'm sure people would find it useful if some contacts were given that they are allowed to use without thinking they are a bother.

If someone is uncertain/has no clue as to what their equid's coat colour/markings is/are, who can they contact to receive a knowledgeable answer?
You can contact either myself or the artist who created it. I plan to introduce colours into the forms some time soon (Current date: 17/02/2015) to avoid issues with colours.

no matter what you do, someone will always be unhappy.
Don't let that person always be you.
- horsy1050

horsy1050 wrote:Looking at people post dates and thinking: "There aren't 26 months...oh...America"

Commissions: Closed | Requests: Closed | Artist? No

My Wme's: Here today, still here tomorrow
horsy1050

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby |Angel| » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:25 am

Hmm.. I was thinking, and I wondered. If two Valentine quids were bred together, would the pink be requestable or present in the foals?

╔══════════════════════════════╗
DeviantArt|Toyhou.se|CS Species|
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
fly, fly away. like a bird in the sky

see the world on my behalf
to the heavens my you fly.

╚═════════════════════════╝

|Angel|

My pets
My items
My wishlist