❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:51 am

It was a rhetorical question. Seriously.
Anyway yeah, I'll try doing them, but I'll end up joining more and never finishing them. Maybe if I write something I'll post it. Lol

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:30 am

oh hey look who finally rose from the dead

What tone have you been using lately in your writing?
I'd say it's been more serious, lately. like -- i has this story similar to the maximum ride series where these six kids get experimented on and they have to overthrow their "school" and it takes a while and yeah. and then there's a fanfic for voltron where the galra are planning to take over the world (but like what else is new right) and lance and shiro and keith all need a freakin' b r e a k. as in, a nap sort of break, not . . . not break in half sort of break. also there are dragons. and then there's another one where i started writing a whole bunch of youtubers as magic people and four of them have to figure out what the heckity heck is going on with all the magic in the world. so.
ND THEN there's another story i have on my phone for when i don't wanna turn the computer on that's about this kid who inherits a dragon's life force and has to fight against an evil dragon. whee.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufos » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:43 am

@turtle, awesome scene! i’m curious to see where you go with it! i like the bit about the wind. also if the deceased was her s/o (which is kinda the vibe i got but correct me if i’m wrong) maybe the dress was the one she wore on a significant date (eg. their first date, the day they got engaged, etc.) i do want to say though, in my experience at least, cemeteries can be pretty loud during the daytime, but also i guess that depends on where you are and what day of the week it is. i visited my friend this past weekend and there was a family having a very loud picnic with a boombox near me. i live in the city though and i go on weekends because of school so it might be different for, say, someone in a smaller area on a weekday. also, sometimes when people visit their loved ones in cemeteries they talk to them and tell them about how their life is going and stuff, so that might give us some background info if she did that. good luck!
    translate your love into action
    mac or joel he/him adult

great cs artist @pyjamac
ufos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am

@turtle, I like it! It reminds me of a story I wrote two days ago. I would post it here, but I can't really remember it too well.

Hi! I'm KawaiiPanda58, but you can call me Panda!
She/Her pronouns please.
I always enjoy trades so feel free to send me one!
INFP| ★ |♀️
[sig credit | pixel credit | characters | avatar credit]

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:06 am

Huh, would you look at that

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:It was a rhetorical question. Seriously.
Anyway yeah, I'll try doing them, but I'll end up joining more and never finishing them. Maybe if I write something I'll post it. Lol

XD That's all anyone can hope for.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Hey everyone! I’m not feeling well right now, so I’ll reply to people and answer questions later, but I’d just like some opinions on this poem/story I wrote for an adopt. It’s very short, so I hope it won’t be too much trouble ^^

The ice and the snow are two different things,
The goddess of winter knows this more than anything.
Respect and revere her,
You have been warned.
For this goddess of ice and snow has been torn.
Her heart broke in two after the man she loved,
Disgraced and disowned her, so she ascended above,
Where she resides in the clouds high up in the sky,
Looking way down below with tears in her eyes.

The country was plunged into an age of ice,
For the goddess was angry and hurt in a trice.
The people suffered for decades on end,
Until one little boy could no longer fend.
With a great big breath he let out a scream,
Calling the soul down from her dream.

“What happened?” he asked, about to cry.
“Have you forsaken us for not respecting the sky?”
For the first time in years, her heart was softened.
It seems in the darkness that she’d forgotten.
Her people had troubles larger than her own,
All because she preferred to be left alone.

“No,” she said deeply, wiping his tears.
“I have not left you, let go of your fears.
My heart has been broken, and in my despair,
I let the world fall into disrepair.
Forgive me, my child. Go and be free.
The ice will thaw soon, you see.
Once the winter is over, and spring has begun,
I will free the world of this age without sun.”

“What’s winter?” He asked, a frown on his face.
“And spring?” For he’d never heard of this place.
The goddess gave a great laugh, her first smile in years.
“They are seasons!” She chortled, wiping her tears.
On that very day, the four seasons were born,
And from that day on, they were never adjourned.
The snow soon was depleted, and the people rejoiced.
“Praise (name)! For our problem has been voiced!
She heard our prayers and our cries of fear,
May she be honored forever and always cheered!”

And from there on, a celebration was thrown.
An annual parade for the savior of their home.
The festival honors the goddess who placed,
Her own problems aside and winter erased.

Despite the great joy she felt from the people,
Her own pain still dwelled like a crumbling steeple.
The strong-faced facade cannot hide her depression,
For the one who pushed her into oppression.
And so, her smile only comes once a year,
When the people’s rejoicing rings in her ears.
But the remainder of the three-hundred and sixty-five days,
All she can think about is what was lost in the blaze.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 pm

ufos wrote:hello! i’ve never posted here before, but i’m ufos, and i like writing (of course haha). i don’t think i’m very good at it if i’m honest but i enjoy it. i’m writing a story right now here. :O
Kia Ora, welcome along! :D Watch out for carrots! I'll read your story shortly c: And don't worry! Most writers think their work is bad at some point or other, and more often than not, they're wrong :D

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Guuuuys I joined 2 more prompt challenges, what do i doooooo?
I noticed, and I've bookmarked them already ;D

sparrow; wrote:
Hey guys, I made a writing competition! It's a one-word prompt - birds. It's here, if you want to enter. I'd also appreciate it if you could check and make sure I didn't miss anything in the first post, and that it makes sense. Thanks!
I'm doing this — I'm doing this! I'm doing this!! I love birds, so hECK YEAH, BABY :D

turtle, wrote:
    hi guys c: I'm not around here very often as I don't write a lot; I've only posted a couple times before.

anyway - I had this idea, but for some reason I can't put it into words. I wrote what would probably be the last "scene" of the story, but I don't know how I would phrase the rest of it, lol. when I write, I can't start from the beginning and write chronologically. I'm also terrible at actually creating the entire story before I start, I just start someplace and hope it leads somewhere.

hope y'all enjoy it I geuss? c:
    It’s been three years.
    I close my eyes. Let the wind brush against my skin like soft fingers, let them trace my profile. For a few moments, I let myself feel nothing. The dark hole inside me is just that - a dark hole. Nothing matters. But only for a few seconds. Upon opening my eyes again, the wave of pain comes rushing back.
    I’m wearing a black, shoulderless dress that reaches down to my knees. It’s cheap and simple, and yet has so much meaning. Maybe not to others, because they will never understand. They don’t know what we had. They never will.
    In my hand are a handful of flowers. They’re for him.
    The graveyard in front of me is so empty, so quiet, it looks nearly haunted. However the daylight tells me otherwise, even with the grey clouds covering the entire sky. Makes it… less creepy. I don’t want to think about how this place looks like at night.
    I’m still standing in the gate that leads into the graveyard, not daring to walk further. After all, I promised myself not to cry. Not today. But right now, I’m unsure I can take one more step and not let the tears pour like rivers. My heart beats loud and fast. I can hear it inside of my head, and I can feel it in my entire body. I think I can even feel the blood rushing through my body, and my face, and it takes me a moment to realise those are tears that I’m feeling.
    I drop the flowers in my hand, and turn around. And I walk away.
    like my writings always are, it's super short. and I don't know how it sounds like when others read it because I have this image in my head and don't know how to put it out in words. and my stories often raise more questions than they answer - why is the dress so significant? what was the relationship between the two of them like? why and how did he die?

if you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it!
I like it! :D The questions seem acceptable to be unanswered; like they're too personal for the reader, almost. If you do want to elaborate still, I think just a few vague sentences could easily remedy it tbh c: ('They don't know what we had, before that sickness —' and she cuts the thought off. Stuff like that :.) It doesn't need much more detail, imo; personally, I like it as a short-story, although you're allowed to disagree and expand :D It's really good!!

DeMaizu wrote:oh hey look who finally rose from the dead
oh my gosh !

Lookin' good, Silver! :D I like it a lot!! Sometimes the lines seemed a wee bit mismatched in length, but the fact that I was reading it quick could have something to do with that XD But I really like it! You're good at rhyming succinctly, without having to go off on mini-tangents to make something rhyme XD :D Good luck!! :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:02 am

Back from New York guys!

What tone have you been using lately in your writing?
Mostly serious. I mean I love writing as an unreliable narrator, one you can't trust, but that's not easy to do in the 3rd person.

Do you have problems giving characters names?
Yes and no. It normally takes me a good few hours or days to choose the perfect name, but when I decide, I rarely change my mind .

Have you ever made characters by using personality type systems (MBTI, Enneagram, etc)? How did it work out for you?
Nope, though it's an interesting idea. It would be a good idea to create a character, though it may not be very good for developing them.

New chapter of 10,000 Doors is up!
Link in my sig, as usual. Hope you all like it!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mooney » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:09 am

@ufos & @ranger of the north & @kawaiipanda58

thank you for the feedback!! wasn't expecting such good comments on it tbh hahah, you've no idea how much it means to me c': most of the time I'm on a constant writing block but every once in a while I get an idea that isn't half bad hah

ufos wrote:hello! i’ve never posted here before, but i’m ufos, and i like writing (of course haha). i don’t think i’m very good at it if i’m honest but i enjoy it. i’m writing a story right now here. :O

I am in love with your writing style - the way you describe is mesmerising. I tend to prefer stories written in 3rd person, but the way you mixed thoughts and feelings and surroundings was really pleasant c: loved it!
    ❝ those windermere peaks look like a perfect place to cry. ❞
    ━━━ she/they . adult . flight rising . pms are always open!
mooney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me