Valley of Kings— #350 by Mid-life

Based on Click to view
Artist Mid-life [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings— #350

Postby Mid-life » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
main thread I prompts/leveling up I artist search

to adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. or, you can adopt this one as your founder!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello everyone, sorry for the itty bitty wait time for 350, december is very busy and I was having a bit of trouble with the design on this lion!

edits: full mane edit, full ear edit, full tail edit, saber fangs, snout reshape, leg fur

is this saber-tooth lion’s roar worse than its bite? or is his bite equally as bad? or is it worse? does he use his strength for good or evil or is he balanced between the two?

interpret this prompt however you’d like, it’s pretty open-ended; you can answer this with a story, an overall description of the character, or a poem, any medium you’d like, but you must circle back to answer this prompt question.
    i would like you to answer this question with whatever means you’d like (unlimited words / art pieces), but please make sure it is answering the prompt (no extras). quality over quantity!
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Lion Name:[/b]
    [b]Lion Gender:[/b]
    [b]Pride:[/b]
    [b]Pride Status:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b] (unlimited impress me, no extras!)

prettying up is fine, however, will not increase your chance of winning

ends in a whole month on Tuesday January 28 at 2:00 pm PST
Last edited by Mid-life on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mostly inactive. i've grown out of CS, however, it will always be part of my story and i will always carry fond memories of this site. I have tried many times in recent to become active again, but it has been difficult to find that imaginative and childish spark I once had visiting this site. i wish everyone well and hope that you find fruitfulness on and off of CS <3 thank you for the wonderful 11 years, ciao!
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings— #350

Postby -Isabella- » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 am

Username: Isabella45
Lion Name: Archelaus (meaning; the prince of the people)
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: xxXxx
Pride Status: Prince/Warrior/Visitor
Prompt:
Archelaus walked down the hall to the throne room, his claws clicking against the hard stone as he went. He could barely suppress his eagerness. Today his father would give he and his brother their inheritance, and he was eager to take his place, ruling as king by his brother the prince and protecting the empire their family had built over centuries.

As he entered the throne room he was surprised to see only his father there, his brother not in sight and not even a single soldier standing by.

"Father." He dipped his head respectfully as he approached the older male, still muscular and commanding despite his age.

"Archelaus, prompt as always." The king walked down the stone steps off of the platform where his throne was situated.

The prince waited, forcing himself to be patient.

"Archelaus, what I must tell you..will not be easy, but you must try to understand."

Archelaus felt a stab of fear and worry. "What is it father, surely it can't be that bad?"

"I have decided to give the kingdom, my throne, to your brother."

For a moment Archelaus was too shocked to speak. Finally he said, "But father why? I am the elder, the heir. I've been raised for this, trained since birth!"

"I know, I know." The king sighed wearily. "But your brother is physically strong and less...hesitant to show his strength in the ring."

Archelaus opened his mouth to deny the claim but then paused, knowing he couldn't. The whole kingdom enjoyed the battles that took place in the Grand Ring, but Archelaus did not relish beating younger or less trained lions and trying to get glory for it. It had always seemed wrong to him, but his brother reveled in the attention and didn't care how he got it. But Archelaus had not expected that this would be the thing to snatch the throne from him.

"Father, you know I can fight well. I just don't relish showing off like he does."

"I know son, but our subjects only see cowardice or weakness in your dislike of it. The kingdom will stand behind your brother, he has a good public image and will even intimidate other kingdoms. His name is already well known for his victories in the ring."

Archelaus just shook his head, feeling the disbelief welling up in him, now joined by anger. "And when did you decide this? Just this morning? Or did you let me go all this time without knowing of your decision?"

"I didn't want fighting between you. You two must be united. For the sake of the kingdom."

"The kingdom," he growled. "They've all betrayed me, just as you have! I might have expected it of him but not you father!"

"Son, I did not betray you, I am simply trying to do what is best for-"

"For the kingdom, I know." His tone became icy. "Well, the kingdom can have him. I'm leaving."

"You wouldn't. You can still rule by his side as the High Prince-"

"High Prince, when I should be king?" He shook his head. "You'd only humiliate me further."

"I don't wish to humiliate you.."

Archelaus cut him off. "Enough. I will hear no more. From this day on you, my brother, this kingdom, you are my enemies. I will have justice, and I will have revenge."

Without waiting for a response the prince left the throne room. Gathering those who would follow him he left the kingdom and began to build up his own army. A kingdom of soldiers following their warrior king. Some knew of his plight, others just believed in his cause, and some needed something or someone to follow. Whatever their reasons they all trained hard and became a united force to be reckoned with.
Archelaus began to take on the causes of those who needed a champion, a hero. In his battles he was fierce and merciless, but he only took on causes that he could believe in. Often he would take on the causes of weaker prides, or those who had been unjustly treated.
Though he didn't demand extravagant payments for his services, grateful prides would often give him and his fighters something to take home with them as a thank you and their motley group of fighters became a kingdom in itself.

Archelaus was their leader, and his name became known across the lands. He was a wise leader they said, one who kept his word and championed those who he deemed deserving and harshly punished those who had wronged them. He never made an idle threat to scare others or keep peace, he meant every worse he said. And what's more he and his fighters could do the things they said. Many evil forces and tyrannical leaders or kingdoms fell at their paws. Because of the kind of lions and kingdoms he'd go up against most would say he and his followers were a force for good, but when it comes to his father and brother's kingdom it was more of a gray area as his personal feelings of hurt and betrayal clouded his judgement and made him seek revenge perhaps just as much as justice.

After all, he once said he would have both justice and revenge, and everyone knows that Archelaus does not make idle threats. His roar is equal to his bite, and his bite perhaps worse.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:09 am

Username: DraconisSumeris
Lion Name: Albirion
Pride: Defenders of the Dragon's breath, link in sig
Pride Status: Wonderer
Prompt:
Lovely art by MySpoons <3

Who ever said Vampires where evil? wrote:
- story -
Last edited by DraconisSumeris on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:09 am

ow my heart

mark!
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoSt In PrOgReS » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:12 am

Mark!
Toyhou.se | Valley of kings | Deviantart
She/her | CET
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 35 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
LoSt In PrOgReS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 am

Username: Meekins12345
Lion Name: Axel
Lion Gender: Lion/Male
Pride: The Pride of Wikimak
Pride Status: Insoniti - scout/guard
Prompt:

"Is this saber-tooth lion’s roar worse than its bite? or is his bite equally as bad? or is it worse? does he use his strength for good or evil or is he balanced between the two?"

-----

The night was much like any other. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, or a breeze to be felt. The crickets and small frogs sang their symphonies to the bright and glowing moon up above as stars danced about her in all their glory. While most creatures were asleep by this time, however, there were others that were awake… and still carrying on business of their own… The lions of a certain pride, on mission albeit, were of no exception.

“Ah, I see you’re back… How did it go? Did you get the job done?” The lightly colored male begged, watching with a satisfied glint in his eye as the fanged lion padded out from the shadows. He could see the moon’s light glistening in the dark maroon liquid that quietly dropped from the lion’s fangs… An indication of a job well done.

The darker male just looked upon the lighter with bloody red eyes that matched the current color of the liquid that plagued fang and fur. He breathed heavily a moment before just chuffing softly, a smirk appearing across his maw shortly after. “How lovely it is to see you, too, Petros. Tell me, how’s the weather?” He’d retort with a sneer, causing his companion to growl lowly.

“That is no way to address your future leader, Axel. Tell me. Did you get the job done?” Petros growled out.

“Of course I got the job done, your highness,” Axel continued sarcastically. “Is your eyesight going bad, your majesty? Can’t you see my face? Proof’s in the pudding, as they say.”

“I just wanted to hear it from the horse’s mouth.” Petros returned with hum. “So you took them all out? Katashi, Orion, and Matthias?”

“Yes, yes, all of them. They’re all gone. Dead.”

Petros could only giggle in a way that sounded… less than ideal, giving the current situation. He sounded giddy, almost elated. “Good… We are one step closer to overthrowing Vasil. He cannot possibly gather any such information while we’re on mission, but if he does come for a visit, we must stay vigilant and appear oblivious… We must also inform Draga, she will definitely enjoy such information.”

“Where is she, anyway? I don’t often see her away from your side, you lady’s man.” The fanged male begged with a risen brow. The comment had Petros perking, purring shortly afterwards as he thought a moment.

“Well, yes, but she went out to hunt. We need our nourishment. I need it for planning and you two need it for the dirty work.” He’d reply with a purr.

Axel just rolled his eyes. “Ah, yes. Don’t I just love the icky jobs.”

The lighter male ultimately laughed. “You won’t be needing to do them much longer, Axel, just be patient. All the pieces are falling into place… But we will need Vasanti out of the way. I know she’s stated she’s on our side but I’ve become suspicious of her. She avoids my eyes when she speaks, a clear sign of a liar. You will be in charge of humoring her as soon as possible… Not tonight, but soon.” Soon meaning sometime tomorrow, probably. “We must eliminate all traitors, Axel. Remember this order.”

The darker male sighed and nodded, soon just beginning to lick at the remains of blood on his maw and attempting to clean his claws. ‘Little do you know that I’ve got other plans… You’ll see in due time, Petros. I’ll play your little game, but you won’t be master for long. That, I can guarantee.’

-----

Draga did ultimately come back, and the three ate their fill of the young elk the female had caught. Only afterwards, when they had eaten their fill, did Axel opt to go for a walk, ultimately telling his two companions before doing so. No questions were asked, and they allowed him to do so. Off he went, into the woods in the darkness of night.

Little did they know that he was off to see someone. Of course, they wouldn’t question him at this point. Axel had proven to be quite loyal to Petros schemes, so obviously his ring leader wouldn’t inquire about a single thing. The mere thought caused the fanged male to chuckle to himself. “You shouldn’t be so gullible, Petros.” He’d murmur to himself.

“What are you blabbering about now, Axel?” A smooth voice came from the shadows. A rustle of leaves indicated movement, and soon outcame a darker colored male, a familiar one, and the two bowed their heads to each other in greeting. They sat down shortly after.

“Septimus.” Axel greeted dryly. “Just current happenings, nothing important. How’s things back at camp?”

“Things are going well, Axel. Thanks to you, I have managed to obtain Second-In-Command. Almighty Vasil wasn’t quite pleased to learn such a rank was being wasted by that bull-headed Petros.” The darker male would give with a soft purr. “I also informed him of Petros plans, and what you are currently doing about it.”

“Congratulations on the rank. That’s what we were hoping for.” Axel would reply with a small smirk. “Our plan is working quite smoothly, I’d say. You told Almighty Vasil not to involve himself, yes?”

“Yes. I told him all should be well in your… unconventional yet capable paws.”

“And he’s not concerned with the lose of Matthias, Orion, and Katashi?”

Septimus shook his head. “All replaceable, is what he had stated. Not only that but they were leaning on following Petros, regardless, not that he had much to offer. Vasanti is leaning on the same thing.”

“I know. I was told to take care of her sometime tomorrow as well.”

“I will inform the Almighty Vasil to expect another loss, then… How many does Petros plan to take out?”

“Now, how am I supposed to know that, Septimus? Half the time he gives me names the day of.”

“Alright, Alright… Then we will just have to wait... I should leave you. I don’t wish for Petros to catch on. I’ll meet you here in a few days. Let me know how things go.”

“Alright… Goodnight, Septimus.”

“Goodnight, Axel.”

And the two ultimately split, going back to they respectively came from.

-----

Days passed, and Axel continued on with the dirty work Petros provided, while the vain male, himself, went on planning his overruling of the Almighty Vasil while humoring his girlfriend, Draga. Their days often consisted of humoring various pride members that had accompanied them on such a mission and finding out what their real motives were. Those that were not willing to conform to Petros’ ways were ultimately killed.

Things were going well… but when Petros decided that he wanted to take a hostage, a young hostage, one might add, Axel was forced to decide whether he wanted to continue on with this charade or reveal his true intentions. These sort of shenanigans were one thing, but taking a cub? That was taking it a step further than what the fanged male was willing to go. For what could a cub possibly do in such situations? And he knew how Petros could be. He may have looked sweet and kind, but the lighter male had other, ulterior motives and Axel was well aware of them.

It would be a risk, but it was one he was willing to take. So, one day, he went up to Petros, who was now gently grooming the petrified cub, she just shivering as he licked her soft fur.

“Petros, don’t you think this is going a little far?” Axel begged with a frown.

“Too far? Ha! It’s just a cub, Axel. She will only help us to get to Vasil faster… if not, then there’s plenty of other uses she could be used for.” The lighter male would purr softly, soon gently laying his paws around the cub, forcing the small, little thing into his large and poofy mane.

“But a cub, Petros? Have you lost your humanity? How can a cub possibly get us farther?”

The lighter colored male soon growled at the other, eyes glaring upon the other. “Are you questioning my authority?”

“No, I’m not questioning my authority…” Axel would give, soon baring his teeth. A soft grin soon appeared on his maw, and a knowing light flashed in those beady red eyes. “I’m eliminating a traitor.”

Petros let out a demonic growl and quickly rose to his paws, barrelling toward the fanged male, leaving the young cub in the dust he left in his wake. “You are the traitor!!”

Axel was quick to bar his fangs, pouncing to the side as Petros ran past him only to skid to a halt, the lighter male’s bright green eyes now glowing with a fury matched only by some demonic force. Only afterwards did Axel look to the cub, who gazed upon the two with wide eyes.

“Run! Run and don’t look back!” Axel called, soon running toward the cub and quickly nudging her, urging her forward. “Go back home! Run back home!” She hesitated only a moment after that, but quickly began running off, and Axel reared his head just in time to see Petros running at him full tilt. It caused the fanged male to chuckle sinisterly.

“Let’s dance!”

-----

Axel stood there, breathing heavily as he looked upon the bodies that lay about, glossing them over for a moment before he groaned softly, the pain in his side growing harder to bare. He couldn’t stand much longer, soon just dropping down upon the ground as he continued to pant. The fight had been long and hard… but he had defeated them. Both Petros and Draga had been defeated. They were to return to the dust from wence they came.

“Heh… heheh… You two were no easy feat… but traitors will be traitors.” Axel groaned, soon trying to rise to his sore paws but finding himself unable.

“At least… At least that cub will be okay. She ran off… back to the pridelands.” He’d murmur to himself, soon attempting to drag himself back toward the general area. He needed to get back home, tell Vasil that his job had been completed, and all was finished concerning Petros and his schemes. However, it wasn’t long from the time he began making his way back to the pridelands that he took notice of a figure coming to meet him. His gaze squinted and soon two figures came into view. They were heading toward him, with confident and hasty strides. It was only after a time did Axel recognize the two. It was the Almighty Vasil, accompanied by Septimus, his best friend! Thank goodness! They had come just in time.

The figures continued to come closer and closer, Axel just watching, too exhausted to carry on much longer. However, the red maned male began to grow confused once they broke out into a run, and Vasil, his leader, ran full tilt toward him, and didn’t seem to stop… at all. A loud roar boomed from the Almighty Vasil as he ran over to Axel, only to grab the fanged male by the scruff. Axel growled in pain as he felt fangs sink into his flesh, and he yelped once he was thrown into the air, colliding with the ground some distance away from the two. A groan was given, the fanged male wincing now as the two approached him slowly.

“What was that for?!” Axel gave with a cough, soon growling at that two. “I’ve already suffered enough!”

Vasil could only chuckle deeply, looking upon the male with a smirk of his own. “That may be so… I commemorate you on your job of vanquishing the traitor Petros, along with other traitors whom’s names shall not be mentioned. And while your efforts had been appreciated, they are no longer required… and neither are you.”

“Wh-What?!” Axel choked. He wasn’t required anymore?! After all that hard work for the sake of his leader and his pride, he was done, just like that? Before he could question Vasil further, he felt the male take him by the scruff once more and tossing him once again, the red-maned male skidding across the ground, dust clouding the air in his wake.

“You’re done, Axel… through. You’re no longer needed, nor wanted, in this pride. You’ve proven your worth for a season, but your season is now over. Now, I spew you out of my mouth! I never want to see you again. Not in my pride, nor my territory.”

Axel could only cough as dust enveloped him, his eyes watering from the debris that managed to fly into his eyes. He could not see… only hear what his leader had spoken. And such words only broke his heart. What hurt him most, however, was the fact that Septimus had not even uttered a word. Septimus, his cubhood friend, remaining silent in a time like this.

“Come, Septimus. Let us leave this place.” Vasil commanded, the two soon turning around and padding off. Axel could hear them… the both of them. Soon the sounds of paw pads against grass and gravel died out, and only the sound of the soft breeze that traveled across the plains remained.

-----

It has been a few months since he had been forced to leave his former pride. Thankfully he had been found and integrated into another, much more friendly pride since then, but he still can’t help but think of his friends back in his former pride… and under the tyrant and manipulator Vasil, a leader who takes his own pride members for granted. He is convinced that Vasil not only manipulated him, but he manipulated Septimus, along with most, if not all, other members within that unfortunate pride.

Axel is actively trying to get his friends back. One way or another, he will… He once made them promises… He’ll always be there to bring them back. He will, one day, bring his friends back… but until that day comes, he’s forced to lay in wait, concocting plans of his very own.

-----

So, is this saber-tooth lion’s roar worse than their bite? No, his bite is much, much worse. Does he use his strength for good, evil, or something in between? It may had once looked to be for evil, but now it is for good.
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 am

Screee mark

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡HappyAlpaca♡ » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:40 am

Username: HappyAlpaca16
Lion Name: Savi
Pride: Claw Pride (link in signature)
Pride Status: Hunter, Guard
[b]Prompt:[/b Wip
If you are reading this, I probably have decided to leave CS. I apologize to all of the friends I made on here. Have a good life.
From,
HappyAlpaca
♡HappyAlpaca♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katrei » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:41 am