Based on Click to view
Artist j. bourne [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pyrenean Wolfhound #116

Postby j. bourne » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 am

What is a Pyrenean Wolfhound? wrote:
Pyrenean Wolfhounds are a breed recently discovered roaming the Pyrenees mountains, by a group of hikers. These hikers found a small pack of the breed, and brought it to the attention of local scientists, who have deliberated and decided that these dogs originated from the Russian Wolfhound, or as they’re more commonly referred to, the Borzoi. Their theory is that a small group of them was released- perhaps escaping from a campsite or home- or a crashed truck. Over quite a long time, the dogs began to adapt slightly, and develop a hardy body, equipped with grippy paw pads that allowed for them to scale the mountains more easily. Despite being feral dogs, they have cheerful, friendly personalities, and are now open to being adopted out to homes. Although they’re quite a rare sight, scientists have begun to breed them and they’ve become a favorite among families and singles alike.

If there are any mistakes to the phenotype or genotype, please PM me and I will gladly fix it!

Owner: HowlingHooves
    Name: Basilisk
    Sire: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    Phenotype: Liver Roan
    Genotype: Kk / EE / CchCch / bb / Dd / AtAt / mm / hh / spsp / Trt / ll
    Stats:
      Intelligence 56
      Speed 67
      Agility 30
      Stamina 22
      Strength 25
    Breeding Notes: N/A
Last edited by j. bourne on Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pyrenean Wolfhound #116

Postby mkulia » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:10 pm

User: Star Melon
Name: Rocky
Collar Color: Olive green with gold swirls and fancy patterns and such
Short Story: Rocky was only a tiny pup when both his parents were shot by hunters after being mistaken for deer. Living in the cold mountains of Estonia, he didn’t dwell on the past. He picked himself up and decided to do something with his life. He spent all of his life training to pull sleighs, despite him being a hound. When he became 1 year old, he went to audition for his local dog sled team. All of the other dogs were mostly huskies or big dogs with the strength to pull sleighs. All of them mocked Rocky for even trying out. Rocky ignored them and continued the audition. He had the speed down but not the strength part down. In the end, he did not make the team. It crushed poor Rocky’s heart, but not his soul. To this day, he still trains, getting stronger every day just to be able to make the team and finally accomplish something with his life to pay his final respects to his parents. <3

Love this baby boi

hello, i’m benny!
she/he
Image Image
not very active, but i do come on from time to time
really bad at conversing, please be patient with me

mkulia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:52 am

Name: Basilisk (Bas)
    Collar Color: #67756e
    Short Story:
    It had been raining for days, near a week passing with no sign of warmth from the sun. Cold, chilling rain. Fog wisping into the late morning hours, drifting back through the trees and ferns as evening descended. The skies fell darker, and finally the clouds broke their deluge.
    Through the undergrowth of the wood long legs brushed through the still dripping foliage without care. Nose to the ground, eyes bright in the quick-night murkiness... The dog blended with confidence into his surroundings, collar’s buckle and tags jingling as it sat tightly to his throat. His head lifted when he heard a low whistle, ears flicking though he remained quiet.
    “Bas, aport!” A command was given, and the dog paused briefly, as though merely clinching as he waited for his muscles to respond to the order, before he tore through the undergrowth like a creature of smoke. His paws sloshed in the mud, covering what little greyish-white could be seen on his near full brown coat; his eyes were focused, all senses hyper aware but intent only on his target...
    Crying urged him ever onward, growing louder and louder as he weaved along the trees of the forest, never pausing as he changed his direction. His stride was long, eating the forest up beneath him before he finally halted. And, with only a moment to stop, he whined quietly and moved to his belly. Once on the cold ground he barked once, twice; the noise was loud, telling of his place to his master, before he crawled forward. He whined again as he watched the young girl, her pastel green night clothes a terrible mess of mud and leaves, hair caked with the dirtiness of the forest. Bas frightened her, tears coming on fuller now, before he laid his head down patiently and creeped forward slower, tail wagging all the while.
    And once she grabbed at his fur, felt his warmth with too cold hands, he wrapped himself around the child and let her cling to him. She bawled into his fur wildly, relieved but fearful all at once, and Bas lay still for her. It was only minutes later that a command was given, his hearing catching the pitch and making him urge the lost girl to her feet softly. “Bas! Ko Mne, Bas! Ohranyai, Ko mne!”
    He obeyed as quickly as the child allowed, until they were both walking toward his master. With the child’s hand gripping his fur, Bas led her out from the mud and ferns and trees, away from the cold that would eventually claim her as victim to the elements. She wailed when she saw people, the first time in days it was clear, and wrapped her spindly arms around the neck of the man who waited and scooped her up protectively. She was whisked away with promises of warmth and food, and relief flooding all those gathered for the search.
    Bas waited, sitting quietly on the cold ground for his master to greet him, to congratulate him for a job well done.
    And when it came, the man kneeled before the dog and gripped his head tightly in large hands, pressing his forehead against Bas’ own with a broad smile. “Molodets, Bas. Thank you, friend.” His tail wagged wide at the praise, and he followed his master obediently through the crowd of search and rescue volunteers, glad to be out of the cold once leaping into the cabin of a warmed truck.

Commands, in Russian, are translated as follows;
    • Aport - Fetch, Retrieve
    • Ko Mne- Come
    • Ohranyai - Guard
    • Molodets - Good Boy, Good Dog
    I am in no way affiliated or familiar with S&R canine training,
    I chose to use basic commands in this breeds native tongue to tie into the lore of the species.
    If this is incorrect, you are welcome to discuss matters privately with me, but these are
    simply basic commands for obedience training used commonly among Russian instructors,
    or Russian breed enthusiasts such as Borzoi owners.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby j. bourne » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:22 am

HowlingHooves wrote: