9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings -- #319

Postby ~Soul~ » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 am

username; Tigerโ™ฅBear
lion name; Niagh
lion gender; Female
pride; Pekee Pamoja
pride status; Healer

Last edited by ~Soul~ on Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
๐•ƒ ๐•  ๐•ค ๐•ฅ ~ ๐•š ๐•Ÿ ~ โ„™ ๐•’ ๐•ฃ ๐•’ ๐•• ๐•š ๐•ค ๐•–
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

๐”ธ๐•๐•จ๐•’๐•ช๐•ค ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•Ž๐•’๐•ง๐•–
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings -- #319

Postby EchoIre » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:08 am

don't have a lot of time so i'm dropping out, good luck to everybody!
Last edited by EchoIre on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:02 pm

username; DraconisSumeris
lion name; Calypso
lion gender; Female
pride; Defenders of the Dragons Breath (link in sig)
pride status; Court Mage
prompt;

"How's this?" Calypso asked, gently roling her paw around Zylief's back, earning a groan of relief from the tired lion. Her ears pricked up, and she continued kneading her paws into the Lion's body, feeling where the tense parts where and working them until they released.

"Ya know im glad Sultra's busy." Zylief said as he stretched out. "That feels much better! Are you sure you're not really a Physican? Or maybe you just have a magical touch." He laughed, earning a playful swipe to the ear.

"Its something a physican would do in my old pride, or i think. I don't remember much, but i think my mother used to help lion this way, i don't remember what she called it though." Calypso said, tilting her head in thought. "Anyway in glad it helped! You had a lot of tense spots. You must be really stressed. You should go take a nap!"

Zylief nodded and padded away to go curl up on a sunny rock, and Calypso barely surpressed a yawn. "Might as well sleep myself." She muttered, curling up to sleep near her den, in the warm sunlight. "They'll wake me if they need me."

A gentle prodding woke up a snoring Calypso, and she peered up at the other lion through bleary eyes. "Huh?" She drawled, still sleepy. Sitting up she shook her head a few times to wake up, and took anither look at who woke her up. The golden lion with the dark mane, Swift! She felt a nervous shudder go through her and she smiled at him.

"Hey Calypso!" Swift said casually. "I was talking to Zylief, and he said you did wonders for his stressed out and tired body! I was wondering if you could do the same for me?" He asked looking at her with warm eyes. She hopped up and spoke altogether too rapidly.

"Ohyesofcourse!" Calypso grinned, then took a moment to chill. She licked her chest to hide her embaressment. "Ahhem. But you'll need to lie down first." The golden lion chuckled and laid down, and Calypso began to massage his muscles into ease and comfort.

356/400
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleepity » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:05 am

username; Fleepity
lion name; Muddy River
lion gender; Female
pride; Running Stars
pride status; Broodmother
prompt;

Muddy River shuffled her leaves around, disturbing a beetle who was resting under her nest. She watched the insect scuttle away, right to the feet of Forest Runner. She leaned back to look up at him, the moonlight reflecting in her eyes.

"Yes..?" she asked, smiling lopsidedly. He looked tired, with his usually fluffy mane drooping sadly. He brushed some dirt out of the way with his paw and crashed next to her. He rested his head on the ground, staring at a flower fluttering in the wind.

"Can you sing?" he asked. Muddy River was surprised. Had Forest Runner heard her humming to herself before? Her skin felt hot beneath her fur as she cleared her throat.

"I suppose so. Why?"

"...It's going to sound stupid."

"So why are you here in the first place?"

"I guess you're right. When I was a cub, my mother used to sing to us to help us relax, and I've been really stressed lately, with the cold driving away all the prey. More and more lions coming here. Just everything seems to be piling up." Forest Runner's words tumbled out, and when he had finished, he sighed.

Muddy River settled in. She bit her lip before deciding. "Okay. I remember an old folk song that my friends' sang."

Forest Runner closed his eyes as she began to hum the intro, slowly singing the words. As she became more confident, the song became stronger. The tune echoed through the den, and Forest Runner's worries melted away.

Ever since then, Forest Runner has returned to the nursery every so often to hear Muddy River sing.
Fleepity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:06 am

username; bed time
lion name; koa
lion gender; male
pride; dark river pride
pride status; tbd
prompt;

koa is a very stoic lion, but he hates to see others feeling down. so he gives them flowers. if one of his pride mates is not in a good mood, koa will find them a flower and leave it in their den or by their food. for awhile, no one in the pride knew it was koa. but then one day they spotted him picking a large bunch of flowers for a sick cub. the pride never said anything, but everyone quietly appreciates his kind heart and small good deeds.
Last edited by epilogue on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:34 pm

username; dolly
      lion name; eos
      lion gender; female
      pride; xxx
      pride status; priestess
      prompt; As a priestess of the pride one of her main duties is to help her fellow lions, and her position gives her the ability to preform their traditional soothing rituals. The most common method involves her singing a lullaby said to be written by the very gods they worship with brief interludes to say soft, kind words while she summons certain smells via the use of plants, mud, and water.
      Once this is completed and the lion has mellowed some, she asks the gods to join her as she presses some of the remaining materials used to make the scent onto the lion. She smoothes it out and this is thought to act as water in the sense it washes all hardships away if even for a moment. After a moment of peaceful silence it is cleaned off finishing the ritual.
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
da | they/them | th
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigerโ™ฅBear » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:43 pm

username; Tigerโ™ฅBear
lion name; Niagh
lion gender; Female
pride; Pekee Pamoja
pride status; Healer
prompt; As the pride's healer, Niagh is often sought out for herbs or elixirs that could help sooth a lions stress. Depending on the nature of the stress, she might prescribe a different herb to help. For a sense of calm she would suggest jasmine with a hint of clary sage. To combat high blood pressure and reduce heart rate, she may offer a bergamot fruit to have cut open. Anxiety and insomnia is best put at bay with lavender. Lavender is easiest to come by in the area and will work as a stand in for the other herbs.
In addition to using aromatherapy, she also acts as a therapist. Members are welcome to come to her to vent or just talk should they need someone to listen. She's always been in tune with how others are feeling and has a sense of how to ease their pain. It wasn't unusual for a lion to posses some kind of magical or unnatural ability. The pride seer was evidence of that. Another way Niagh offers her services is opting to take cubs off parents hands for them to have some time for themselves. When she wasn't busy tending to members with her healing abilities, she could be found watching or playing with the cubs of the pride. It could be said she's a den mother in her spare time.
โœงPekee Pamoja . VOK
โœฟFallitur . VOK

โ“‰ Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tigerโ™ฅBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:34 pm

username;minifun990
lion name; Misam
lion gender; Male
pride; Mystic Isle Pride
pride status; Second in command
prompt;

โ€œWe don't have enough food, or enough shelter or enough patrollers and it's a good season! What about when winter comes, what will we do if there's a storm or a drought? I-โ€œ Siella stopped pacing back and forth across the smooth rock, there had been a few pebbles and dust before but it had all been kicked off in the process of the founderโ€™s striding.

โ€œWhat on earth are you doing?!โ€ She exclaimed.

โ€œIโ€™m rolling.โ€ Misam replied as if rolling in the dust was a perfectly normal thing to be doing while his leader stressed.

โ€œWhy are you rolling in thisโ€ Siella leaned down to sniff the dust as if to check it wasn't laced with catnip.

โ€œIt's making you so dirty. I'm gonna have to help you get it off later.โ€

โ€œGonna make sure I clean behind my ears like Im a cubโ€ Misam teased, tongue poking out in a goofy grin. Siella smiled back.

โ€œI'm going to have to now, can't have you running around looking like that.โ€

โ€œLike what? I think I look fabulous, it really accentuates the colour of my fur, it really just brings my whole look together.โ€

โ€œHmm.โ€ Siella looked Misam up and down. โ€œNope you just look dirty, I can hardly tell you have any white fur at all.โ€

โ€œWhat a meanie, you can't take this dust away from me!โ€

โ€œI cant wh-โ€œ Misam started running down the hill, into the forest while cackling wildly.

โ€œWait! Come back.โ€ Siella started running after him. โ€œYou're going to ruin our reputation!โ€

โ€œNot if you catch me!โ€ The two bounded through the trees, across a beach until Siella finally pinned Misam in the river besides the prides den. Misam had lead them in a loop around most the territory.

โ€œThere now you're clean.โ€ Siella said, still smiling as she shook off her fur.

โ€œYou made me wet!โ€ Misam replied, then immediately started cleaning the water off.

โ€œWhat were we talking about before?โ€Siella asked

โ€œHuh?โ€ Misam asked, pausing from cleaning his ears. โ€œHow you're gonna catch me eventually?โ€

โ€œNo, no before that, before you rolled in dust like a savage.โ€

โ€œOh.โ€ Misamโ€™s deep brown eyes glinted with understanding. โ€œIt was nothing to worry about, shall we go get something to eat?โ€

โ€œYeah that sounds nice.โ€

Sometimes, Misam thought, the best way to relieve stress was distraction.

(391/400)
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:12 am

This is closed sorry for the long wait!
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:19 am

Winner~ I love the idea of using herbs and such to help congrats!
Tigerโ™ฅBear wrote:username; Tigerโ™ฅBear
lion name; Niagh
lion gender; Female
pride; Pekee Pamoja
pride status; Healer
prompt; As the pride's healer, Niagh is often sought out for herbs or elixirs that could help sooth a lions stress. Depending on the nature of the stress, she might prescribe a different herb to help. For a sense of calm she would suggest jasmine with a hint of clary sage. To combat high blood pressure and reduce heart rate, she may offer a bergamot fruit to have cut open. Anxiety and insomnia is best put at bay with lavender. Lavender is easiest to come by in the area and will work as a stand in for the other herbs.
In addition to using aromatherapy, she also acts as a therapist. Members are welcome to come to her to vent or just talk should they need someone to listen. She's always been in tune with how others are feeling and has a sense of how to ease their pain. It wasn't unusual for a lion to posses some kind of magical or unnatural ability. The pride seer was evidence of that. Another way Niagh offers her services is opting to take cubs off parents hands for them to have some time for themselves. When she wasn't busy tending to members with her healing abilities, she could be found watching or playing with the cubs of the pride. It could be said she's a den mother in her spare time.
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me