Valley of Kings-- #307 by MySpoons

Based on Click to view
Artist MySpoons [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings-- #307

Postby MySpoons » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:30 am

To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

Hmm... I know those two lions... don't I?

Heya! It seems this one knows the two lions that came before them. How?

Prompt interpretation is up to you! Writing AND art comp-- you must have both! 1 art piece AND at least 300 words. ENDS the 14th of DEC aT CS Rollover CST.

Username: Isabella45
Lion Name: Ravi
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: xxXxx
Pride Status: Visitor

Last edited by MySpoons on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings-- #307

Postby epilogue » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 am

Username:
Lion Name:
Lion Gender:
Pride:
Pride Status:
I know them, don't I?

siblings

1 art piece AND at least 300 words
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:38 am

Username: Isabella45
I know them, don't I? Art is a wip!

"I don't..no, wait, I do. I remember now. We were all brought together, the three of us. They suspected we had powers, abilities beyond those of normal mortal lions. They could train us, they said, help us learn to use and control these abilities once they emerged. But all was not as it seemed, we were like brothers and sisters. Then they turned us against each other. Blood was spilt, and things were never the same again..."

~____________________________________________________________~

Long ago the sky god, a might lion known as Zephyrion, went in search of half-mortal lions who smelled of magic. He knew his fellow deities had been mixing with these mortals for some time now, and as a result had produced half mortal offspring. But only a fraction of these were born with any of the abilities possessed by their immortal parent.
Zephyrion wanted to find them, and train them to be his army on the earth. To keep peace and order, and balance.
But his sister, Altrona, had other plans. She thought these individuals could be used to better purposes. So behind Zephyrion's back she began to make her own plan, even as she helped him gather the half-mortals together.

In the end, they had found more than a dozen half-mortals, but only six proved to have even a hint of magic in their blood. Some might not have had an immortal relative even as close as four generations back. But, they'd do their best with what they had.

One of these six lions was Ravi, a large male with somewhat unusual strength. All three were puzzled as to why they were there. Zephyrion explained that he would put them through trials to test their physical talents, strength, agility, speed, and their mental abilities, strategy, cleverness, and problem solving. Then, after those tests they would test them for magical abilities in a special set of trials.

Eager to find out if they had the abilities these immortals believed they might, all six set out to start the trials.

The trials were challenging and only five lions made it through the physical trials alone, Ravi coming out near the top due to his strength. When it came to the mental challenges only four of the five passed, leaving Ravi and three other lions whom he had become close with during the trials. The three had worked together at times to help each other, each lending something the others didn't have.
Now together they were confident as the entered the last of the trials.

Zephyrion hadn't told them but the first portion of the trials was meant to test the morality of each lion. Unfortunately, he was called away to deal with a problem with some minor deities in the north. So, Altrona was left in charge of the trials in his absence.

Disdainful of her brother's desire to spread peace and let only those he deemed worthy lead, she changed the trials to pit the lions against each other rather than the challenges themselves. She put them in a maze full of dangers and declared only one could come out the victor, defeating the maze and their fellow competitors.
The trio didn't want to compete against each other, and soon discovered the maze was a dangerous and terrifying place. The plants, creatures, and illusions there, drove them all half mad until they were blindly fighting one another.

Zephyrion came back and was angered to see what his sister had done. He destroyed the maze and ended the trials, but not before one of the four lions had died, leaving the other three blaming themselves and inconsolable.
Seeing that all three were shaken and grief stricken coming out of his sister's trial, Zephyrion made a decision to erase their memories and send them back to their homes so they might not ever remember the horrors they had witness.

Upon returning home Ravi woke with no memory of the events of the past month, well, mostly no memory that is. From that day on he had some feeling like he had lost something. His family said he had disappeared for a couple months, but he had no real recollection of that time. But occasionally, something would stir a vague memory in him, one that he could piece together as he got closer to finding the truth of what happened in that lost portion of his life.

(733/300 words)
They are like ghosts to me now...A fragment of memory that haunts and hurts...

Last edited by -Isabella- on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:45 am

Username: DraconisSumeris
Lion Name:
Lion Gender:
Pride: Kuroi pride (link in sig)
Pride Status:
I know them, don't I? 1 art piece AND at least 300 words

Twin god/goddess

Wip
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Westsparrow » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:16 am

Username: WestSparrow
Lion Name:
Pride:
Pride Status:
"They used to be my loyal followers.."
Mark! WIP
Westsparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:40 am

my gosh i love them but I just can't do art >.< I'd commission a piece but I'm investing all my commission stuff into art for another adopt. good luck to everyone else though?

would love to snag a breeding with this kiddo at some point though :p
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

wip

Postby dragonscales10 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Username: dragonscales10
Lion Name:
Lion Gender:
Pride:
Pride Status:
dragonscales10

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoSt In PrOgReS » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Username: Lost in progres
Lion Name: Centuros
Pride: Eternal snow
Pride Status: Guard
I know them, don't I?
Centuros laughed, swatting at his sister. Tempos* had been messing with him all day, but it's not like he expected anything else from her. It had been a long day. Their mother had left them here days ago. She had left the three cubs some food, but not much. While Tempos was good at hunting, she had hurt his leg today. It scared Centuros. The leg wasn't looking too good and Myrios** had instantly rushed out of their little cave to find something to help heal it.

Myrios hadn't come back though. It had almost been two days now. Centuros was pacing trough the cave, unsure what to do. Tempos' leg looked better, much better, which was great. The young lioness still limped on it though. "Cent-" the young lioness started, before being cut off by her brother "Don't. We have to go find her!" Centuros hated to admit it, but his youngest sister was definitely too weak to be on her own, especially for so long. He loved both his sisters, but Myrios had always been sickly and generally weak. He had always felt most protective of his youngest sister. Tempos was sweet, sure, but he was also sure that she would manage perfectly fine on her own.

It took another two days for Centuros to step out of the cave to look for his sister. She couldn't have gon far. She wouldn't have. He left during the night, while Tempos was still asleep. he stepped out of the cave, into the forest. He had no clue where his littlest sister could've gone. The small lioness wanted to become a herbalist and had once told him that the best herbs were found near rivers. Listening closely, Centuros tried his best to hear water. And somehow he could hear it.

Rushing to the river, he instantly noticed the wild rush of water. seeing the plants growing near the river Centuros shouted his sister's name. Needless to say, he did not get a reply. Stepping closer to the bank of the river, he noticed how slippery the rocks were. Had Myrios slipped and fallen into the river? Again, Centuros stepped closer. Suddenly he saw something: The black feather Myrios kept tucked behind her ear. Was it the same feather? He stepped closer, slipped on the rocks and was swept away by the river.

He gasped as he was pulled out of the water. He had been fighting against the river for hours. He looked around, to see the face of a red lion. "You okay there bud?" Centuros shook his head. He hurt all over but most importantly he had now failed not just one but both of his sisters. The red lion, who was clearly older than Centuros, nudged him up. While still young, Centuros was not a cub anymore and would have to carry himself. The older lion looked him over "I think you need some rest for now." Centuros allowed the lion to nudge him in another direction away from the lake. Huh, that's funny. He hadn't even noticed he'd had ended up in a lake. He tried looking back at it for a while, but the older lion called out to him again.

The dark lion hadn't left the territory yet. At this point, he was pretty much a member of the pride anyways. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to go and the red lion, Boyle, was kind and understanding. Obviously, Centuros was still upset about his sisters. Boyle said he had never seen myrios here, so that was... Nice. Still, Centuros doubted he would ever forgive himself for leaving Tempos. He sighed, overlooking the lake.

And yet, one day he was hunting but had to stop dead in his tracks as he heard a lioness quietly curse whatever trap she had fallen in. Centuros stepped closer to investigate, finding a white lioness with grays splashed across her fur. He squinted. This lioness... She looked so much like his sister. But could it be? He hadn't seen either of his sisters for months, if not years. Yet, there was this look in the other lion's eyes telling him that she felt the same feeling of familiarity. He still could hardly believe it "Myrios?" he gasped. The lioness' eyes widened "Centuros?" she called back. He couldn't contain his happiness and instantly jumped at his sister, hugging her as close as he could. (738 words)

Hugging Myrios felt amazing. For so long Centuros was convinced he'd never get to do this again. He sighed contently. A sudden realization hitting him and he shouted at his sister to follow him. She did, luckily. Boyle wasn't very hard to spot. He never was, really. Centuros charged into him, playfully knocking the older lion over. Myrios was still following him but frowned at the interaction. "Look who I found, Boyle!" Boyle looked over but was clearly confused as he just saw a random lioness. "My sister." Centuros quickly clarified. To which Boyle's eyes widened. "Well," the orange lion started "She's welcome to stay. I was gonna catch some fish for dinner, but now I am not sure what to offer her." It was only then that Centuros noticed that he had knocked Boyle over in the shallow part of the lake. "I think you scared all the fish away" Boyle added.

After that, Myrios sat around the clan's camp, watching Centuros scramble around to get her... Honestly, she wasn't sure what her brother's plan was. Still, she was glad to have found him back. Obviously, she doubted she was gonna leave him again and it seemed pretty clear that Centuros was gonna leave. So it seemed that this is her new home. (953 words)

* Tempos - My entry for 306 Will probably either replaced with an NPC or another lion I try out for later, as to not conflict with the winner’s plot/backstory of this lion.
** Myrios - My entry for 305 Won by me Myrios
Toyhou.se | Valley of kings | Deviantart
She/her | CET
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 35 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
LoSt In PrOgReS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Isabella45 wrote:Username: Isabella45
I know them, don't I? Art is a wip!

"I don't..no, wait, I do. I remember now. We were all brought together, the three of us. They suspected we had powers, abilities beyond those of normal mortal lions. They could train us, they said, help us learn to use and control these abilities once they emerged. But all was not as it seemed, we were like brothers and sisters. Then they turned us against each other. Blood was spilt, and things were never the same again..."

~____________________________________________________________~

--snipped--

Upon returning home Ravi woke with no memory of the events of the past month, well, mostly no memory that is. From that day on he had some feeling like he had lost something. His family said he had disappeared for a couple months, but he had no real recollection of that time. But occasionally, something would stir a vague memory in him, one that he could piece together as he got closer to finding the truth of what happened in that lost portion of his life.

(733/300 words)
They are like ghosts to me now...A fragment of memory that haunts and hurts...

this story is so interesting! and how sad! He's yours, congrats!
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me