Drawing sessions 3
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Guest

Recruit 082 || Swamp Scales

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pm

CATACOMBS wrote:
[ main thread ]
The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface.
Ancient cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs
is a nook bustling with life: Catalena. Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every memb-
er has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians, witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could
imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe for the cats that live there.

x
Name:
Guild:
---
Level: 0
EXP: 0

____________________________________________________________________________________________

You must have already registered your guild and have a founder to enter!

This cat doesn't seem to like to talk much. Staying behind their bird mask, and watching ever so quietly from the shadows. It's led to many rumors and stories among other cats...
To win them, tell me; How did they get so many scars?
This can be a simple answer, or an elaborate story! No word limit! One extra is allowed!

Code: Select all
Username;
Name;
Gender;
Role;
Guild;
Prompt response;

Ends November 20th, at rollover!

Re: Recruit 082 || Swamp Scales

Postby Wings.mov » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Username;
Name;
Gender;
Role;
Guild;
Prompt response;

Oh heck yeah, wip
x

Hey, I'm Cherry
She/they/anything non masc • Lesbian
I have anxiety and ADHD so remind me if
I forget or take to long on anything <3
I like bees, plants, drawing, minecraft,
terraria, mcyt, GrayFruit(YT), music,
warriors, and my incredible girlfriend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxFind me here
xxxxxxxxFRTHCS to FR
──────────────────────────
xxxxxx
──────────────────────────

Wings.mov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ARKYQ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Username: talonpawthewarrior
Cat name: gator
Guild: the arrow runners (link in sig)
Prompt:

Gator growled. This one was strong. He had been wrestling with the crocodile for a while now. He was smart. He knew that gator knew, about every crocodile's weak spot. Crocs were funny animals. Their greatest strength was also their greatest weakness.

A croc's strength was its crushing, killing bite. Its muscles were designed in a way that it could close its mouth and kill. However their weakness was that all that power gone towards closing their mouths and they had none left for opening it. All he had to do was close its mouth and it was helpless. He would then pull out a cloth and cover its eyes. It didn't struggle after gator covered its eyes. Then he would pull out his sword and end the battle.

But it wasn't always that easy. As he grappled with the gator, desperately trying to close its mouth, he thought of the scars he'd gotten over the years. He wondered if he would get another one today. He hoped not.

His claws barley penetrated the crocodile's thick hide. He dodged, and landed on the beast's tail. It whipped around, but instinct kicked in, lightning fast, and the swampy green cat smacked a paw down on top of its head holding its mouth closed. The two of them locked eyes for a moment, and gator knew he had won. He gingerly removed his sash and covered the beast's face. The fight was over. It was time for the monster to go. He drew his sword, and struck.

What do you think?
Last edited by ARKYQ on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HarpereonSun » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Username; HarpereonSun
Name; Horace
Gender; male
Role; fighter
Guild; Doomsayers
Prompt response;

Horace hissed, crimson eyes glimmering in the darkness as he glared out of the dark confines of the small cave. Long bared fangs glistened from moonlight reflected in the puddle of rainwater at his paws as he stood his ground, shaggy and scaled body wedged into the almost too tight confines. It had been a struggle for him to smuggle the egg through the narrow entrance into the cave beyond, it would be too small for the dragon that paced angrily in front of him in, ankle deep in the muck.

"Your service has ended, cat; your bird brained leader is dead, you failed them. Give me the oracle's egg and you will at least have your life. You don't even have a weapon." The voice was deep and arrogant as the dragon taunted his opponent.

"I serve while the egg still lives. Come closer and perhaps you shall see what weapons I bring to the fight." The gravelly voice was accompanied by a steely glare and low rumbling growl as Horace braced himself. "Unless you are frightened."

The dragon roared as he charged, enraged by the cat's audacity. Fang and claw tangled, blows exchanging between them. The dragon was stronger, fierce, and unhampered by the thick muck of the swamp, but Horace was fueled by desperate determination and the force of will to see the fight through. He was willing to sacrifice everything, so when the dragon finally managed to rip him from the mouth of the cave he countered with a desperate charge of his own.

In the end, Horace limped back to the cave entrance and squeezed himself through the narrow passage to the chamber that held his charge. Among the wounds he'd sustained, one of his horns was broken off, the end of it left in his defeated foe. It wasn't important though; the victory, the adrenaline pounding in his veins, and even the pain of his own wounds were afterthoughts in Horace's mind. The egg was safe, he could rest. He curled his battered body around it as he closed his eyes and purred himself to sleep.
HarpereonSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:09 am

Username;
Name;
Gender;
Role;
Guild;
Prompt response;
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:17 pm

Username; Alckatraz
Name; Karrson
Gender; Male
Role; Fighter
Guild; The Fellowship of The Shadows
Prompt response;

"A strange creature is living in the swamp". That was the most plausible reason why you weren't supposed to adventure on there. What the villagers from that region didn't know, was that their kids who disappeared mysteriously weren't in fact kidnapped by "the creature", they were most likely the victims of the quicksand.

Karrson is indeed a special appearance, but not that kind which is making you to run in the opposite direction. Well, unless you encounter him in the middle of the night in a dark and creepy swamp. Big, fluffy, (covered in scars?!?), with sharp fangs, horns and flaming eyes, it's enough to catch a glimpse of him to make your heart stop in terror. But he's a very mild creature who won't do harm to anyone.

Since time immemorial, he called that swamp his home. He witnessed each era passing, remaining unchanged. Somehow immortal, Karrson was unable to fully lose his life or to get hurt in any way.

Being a one of a kind creature, there were mad scientists and dark forces trying to learn more about him or use him for evil purposes. Even if none of them succeed yet, he almost happened once to be captured.

It was a day like any others. Karrson was feeling the cold water tickling his paws, while walking slowly on the wet soil. It was an unusually warm day, but there in the marsh, the humidity and shade of the aquatic trees were keeping a nice temperature. Unlike other cats, Karrson loved water, moss and mud, so he ran to the small pond and jumped into it. It was deep enough for him to be able to swim a bit through the algae and water lilies. While he was relaxing without worries in the water with the frogs, he heard someone approaching.

Because Karrson had a wonderful sense of hearing, he knew that the one approacing is still far enough to notice him, so he chose to hide in the reeds, waiting.

A beautiful she cat appeared between some trees. "She don't know the dangers of this place. If she continues walling on there, the quicksand will catch her", sighted Karrson. "She's too beautiful to die."

Exactly when the she cat was ready to touch the dangerous ground, Karrson jumped out of reeds, pushing her away. She gasped, surprised, then shouted when saw what creature jumped on her.

Karrson felt disappointed. "Of course she's afraid of me, but I couldn't let her die"
The she cat noticed his saddness, so immediately put her tail on his shoulder to cheer him up saying "I wasn't shouting because of you, silly. I was just shocked how close I was to die. You saved my life."

Karrson blinked to her. "She don't seem to be scared of me in any way. Hmm that's odd." He had never had a friend before. They spent that day together, Karrson teaching her about the dangers of the swamp, then they tied water lilies making garlands. Karrson never felt that happy in his life. He may have liked the little cat? "I don't know how the love feels like, but if that's it, I don't wanna live again without it."

It became a routine for the she cat to visit him every afternoon. They became close one to the other. It is said the love it's blind, well, in this case, the love was the one blinding Karrson. He fell asleep with a warm ray of sun lightning his red scale tattoos.

That day, when they played together, the she cat accidentally scratched a bit his tail... and he bleed. He has never bleed before, but he didn't even noticed this aspect, as the water of the pond cleared the wound.

While Karrson was sleeping, the cat had her eyes closed, seeming to be asleep as well. When she made sure the creature was indeed on the realm of the dreams, decided it was the time. Getting up on her paws, she was looking long at him, hesitating.

"Come on", said a voice in her head. "After this you'll have anything your heart could desire. What are you waiting for?" With a very silently sigh, she picked up her courage, then jumped on Karrson with the claws prepared.

She felt how her claws were sticking deeply in Karrson's back. He flinched, surprised, with big eyes of confusion, stuck by a sharp pain.
"W... what's happening?" He managed to ask. He had never felt any kind of pain before, not to mention seeing his own blood coming out from open wounds.

"I'm sorry, I had no choice" said the cat, continuing her attack. "THEY will find me"
"Who are they?"
"I can't tell you, it would get me killed. All I can say is that they're really bad. They forced me to become your friend, knowing you will get attached. They also knew that love makes you vulnerable, so if you loved me, I must have been able to hurt you, which couldn't happen otherwise. When I saw it really worked, I felt horrible, but it was too late to hold back. I don't know what they want from you, yet, I don't think I could stand knowing that. I am very sorry, but I don't have any other option."

Firstly, Karrson didn't make any gesture, as if he was aware he was deserving being hurt for his naivety. Also, although all of these turned out to be a lie, he was still hesitant to respond to her attack, so he just saw there listening how she was telling that story, without moving a paw, getting hit after hit, scratch after scratch, until he heard the finish of what the cat was saying. "How dared her? What am I? An ordinary lonely fool, being deceived by anyone who happens to walk on here? Unacceptable."

The she cat noticed the situation has changed, so she had to hit more precisely now. She was aware her opponent was much stronger than her. The she cat jumped as high as she could, preparing for a lethal hit she was learned by "them", who sent her after Karrson. But he was too big, or she didn't jumped high enough, because she completely missed. Her attack stopped with her falling badly on a front paw, and with Karrson who was far from being dead, but having a ear cut into half and a broken horn.

Then, a blind anger overwhelmed him. Karrson was big indeed, but when he was angry, he seemed twice as big. He hit violently the fallen cat with a paw, throwing her into the closest tree trunk, after which she stopped moving. Realizing what he had done, he was really disappointed on him. Karrson didn't had any intention to hurt her, no matter how much would she hurt him. But now she was gone and so were all his happy memories lived together.

"I guess it was too good to be true, he thought". Karrson went to wash the blood tangling his fur. He still couldn't believe that happened. He moved one of his claws across his skin, with no result. "I guess I'm immortal again", he sighed. The wounds healed quickly, as soon as he touched the mossy rocks and the muddy water of the pond. Instead, some spectacular scars tattooed his fur, refusing to let him forget that day too easy. "I guess I won't be ever able to love again", he said to himself, contemplating the scars. Then, Karrson finally understood why some say the love brings suffering with it.

But the physical scars weren't the ones that mattered. Karrson's soul had even more scars than his skin. "Maybe I could have helped her, instead, I caused her death. I can't ever forgive myself for this..."
He was blaming for her death, instead, she, from up there was watching him and approving. "If only you could know that this saved me finally from them, you wouldn't think yourself a monster anymore..."

Karrson never tried to cover his scars, as he never tried to deny what has happened. But he closed in himself, barely saying a word. As he couldn't stand seeing his face in the pond's water after those which happened, he started wearing a bird mask, to cover his face.

Since then, Karrson continued living in the marshes alone, staying away from any cat, as silent as a shadow. He wasn't seen warning the cats passing there about the quicksand anymore, as if his essence completely disappeared, leaving his body forever trapped, deep in the swamp. Karrson, with those scars remembering of the dark past, running from any kind of love, alone.
Last edited by Alckatraz on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Closed! Reading through forms now!

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:45 pm

Oh boy these were some fun responses to read!
Congrats to Alckatraz! Karrson is all yours!

I also want to give 30 currency to both HarpereonSun, and Talonpawthewarrior for those answers! I loved them!