Valley of Kings-- #222 by MySpoons

Based on Click to view
Artist MySpoons [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings-- #222

Postby MySpoons » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:16 am

To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

What story did this lion's mother tell them as to why they were born these colors? Writing competition only, 500-750 words! No art c: ENDS on the 6th of NOV at CS Rollover.

Username: EchoIre
Lion name: Ayo
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Motoheri Pride
Pride status: Scout

Last edited by MySpoons on Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings-- #222

Postby epilogue » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:38 am

Username:
Lion name:
Lion gender:
Pride: link to thread
Pride status:
The Story 500 to 750 words. Be creative~

mark im love
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 am

Username: ~Soul~
Lion name: Pauahi
Pride: Healani Pride
Pride status: Sooth Healer
The Story

Pauahi mother was in labor for nearly 12 hours, the Night was dark do to the new moon that rose in the night sky. Pauahi's shocking yellow and white fur seem to glow brilliantly in the birthing den, lighting it up with is almost reflective ways. He was like a beam of light in the darkness and so the story of Pauahi is that he was touched that night by the Ancient Father of the Sun. For his fur shimmered like the bright sun and brought a warmth to those around him.

One day Pauahi was playing with the other cubs in the nursery and was rough housing like boys do. Though one girl cub came up and asked the question oh who was his mother? Pauahi was dumb founded by the question which caused he to lose the fake battle wit the other cub. "You know who my mother is, you see her pick me up every day" Pauahi pouted and pinned his ears back. The Little girl shook her head "She can't be your mother! She looks nothing like you." Her word cut like a knife and made Pauahi run off to be alone and cry. He had such a tender heart and he never realized how much him and his mother didn't look alike, and it didn't bother him till now.

Later that night he was wrapped in his mothers paws as she licked the back of his head and back. He laid limp and pouted as She made sure to get behind his ears. "What is wrong my little firefly." His mother asked him...She gave him that nickname do to almost looking the the fireflys that come out in the fall...The pride also believed they where spirits that came down to visit from the sun.

"Why is it that we are so diffrent... I know you are my mother but the others don't think so" He said with a small sniffle trying to fight back a tear that threaten to fall.

"Pauahi, We are not that diffrent at all...We have the same heart and we have the same love for playing in the ocean and sleeping in the sand...." She said and nuzzled him before going back and cleaning once more.

Pauahi was unsatisfied with this and huffed "Noooo, You know what I mean I look nothing like you..." Pauahi said and tried to push her off. His mothers nose wrinkled and put her paw on his head.

"Its becuase you are bless by the Ancient Father, he has touched you and when he touched you, your fur became a brilliant bright yellow to match the sun and remind you." His mother explained.

"Remind me of what??" Pauahi asked almost plying to her for an answer.

She smiled and her eyes where sadden "That the Ancient Father has great plans for you...What plans? I am not sure but one day you will do something great for this pride and you will help us. Becuase he saw you had a good heart"

Pauahi Looked at her with wide eyes and smiled. It put an ease in his mind and how many other cubs where blessed by a God?

Time passed and Pauahi grew up into a Handsome young lion, He became a Sooth Healer. A therapist for the pride to help them heal emotionally and be a shoulder to cry on and lend an ear to anyone who needed to express themselves. He believes the Ancient Father put him here for the pure reason to help the pride in their moment of need through being there for his pride emotionally.

( 603 / 750 )
Last edited by ~Soul~ on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobermilk » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:03 am

Username: cactusgum
Lion name: Soki
Lion gender: male
Pride:
Pride status:
The Story
Soki lay, snuggled up to his mother. The warm sun beat down on his yellow-ish fur, warming his face and shoulders. He slowly opened his eyes to see his mother, also laying in the sunlight.
She slowly rolled over onto her back before looking at him, dazed, but refreshed.
Now that the both of them were awake, a question was egging him on, he wanted it answered.
Last edited by sobermilk on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝚜 𝚘 𝚋 𝚎 𝚛 𝚖 𝚒 𝚕 𝚔 ૮ ◞ ﻌ ◟ ა
≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡
rowan ⋆ caribou ⋆ she/her ⋆ iowa
hi im sobermilk! i am on occasionally online.
i have 8 pets and work full time.
just a sleepy caribou. :>
member since 2012.
discord: creamofdog

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡
my toyhouse
sobermilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nymx » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:09 am

Username: sky--lines
    Lion name: heron
    Lion gender: fe/male ??
    Pride: [url]kingdom of highsun[/url]
    Pride status:
    The Story

[500/750]

nymx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cryptz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:11 am

Username: Stardust Cowboy
Lion name: Soleil
Lion gender: male
Pride: Valley of Ash
Pride status: Lvl 1
The Story

Sol hadn’t remembered his pride. His mother was exiled from her pride for having such an oddly colored child. She was accused of being in an affair due to her and her mate having dark pelts, but she swore that Sol was their child. Her mate believed her but everybody else doubted her. She was bullied and attacked and eventually run out due to the accusations. Sol was too young to remember any of this, but he does know that his mother loves him dearly no matter what he looks like. Every night he would beg her to tell him the story on how he gained his strange coloration. She would always tell him a tale about how the sun had chosen him to be a great warrior, to protect the unfortunate and provide justice and care. The sun had kissed his forehead, blessing hm with good fortune and strength and his fur was proof. It would help him hunt in the Savannah, blending in with the tall golden grass, so he believes that he does have good fortune when it comes to hunting. His mother would look at him with large loving eyes whenever she told the story, and he would believe every word. He dreamt of growing to be a strong lion, capable of taking down many enemies to protect his people. He dreamed that he would join the sun in the sky and live in the clouds where he would shower the dry land and provide water for all. As he grew older, he trained to be the mightiest warrior to protect his mother and anyone who needed help. The two would travel great distances though, but while they were traveling cutting through a thick jungle to reach the vast savannah on the other side, his mother fell ill. He would try to hunt for her but his bright fur couldn’t blend into the dark greens of the forest. He wouldn’t be able to catch much and he would give all he could to his mother, leaving him to go foodless for nights on end. He didn’t care, he just wanted to keep her safe and he prayed to the sun to help her. The sun wouldn’t answer his prayers, and before she passed away she told him that he was blessed to continue on and to do what his heart told him was right. She kissed his forehead and explained that she will be with the sun, watching him from the clouds. So he did just that. He continued on, leaving the jungle, traveling wherever his heart told him to go. He made his way across the land, helping struggling lions along the way, gathering a few friends as well. Rumors around him spread and others called him the SunBlazer, bright as the sun and traveling quickly like a fire. Eventually he ran into a dark lion who was being attacked by his own pridemates! He had jumped in and fought them off, giving the lion time to run away. Once he was far enough away, Sol ran after him and helped him get as far away as he could. The male was older by a year or so, and looked pretty bent up. He introduced himself, the stranger was named Dion and he was a very honest and nice lion. Sol heard his story and decided that he would help him out. The two would go to find a Valley in between the start of a Rocky Mountain and a jungle on the other side. It would be the start of a new pride, a pride for those who were searching for a purpose, and Sol found it within the pride.

Cryptz #6669

💕Rech, Discter, Idyll, Helly, Belphie (the fave)💕

Cryptz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:57 am

Username: EchoIre
The Story

Let it be said now that Ayo's mother had a very strange - occasionally cruel - sense of humor.

~

A small white and orange cub lay at the curve of his mother's stomach, far too energetic to be sleeping. The sun had just gone down! He couldn't believe how early it was! How could his mother expect him to be remotely tired right now? Nirobi's mom let him go to bed after the moon was halfway in the sky!

He carefully crept away from his mother's side, then silently moved in front of her face. "Hey, mom?" Ayo whispered, nudging his mother's jaw. "Are you awake?"

The orange lioness groaned, the opened her warm amber eyes. "I am now." Grumbled the formerly sleeping beast.

Ayo beamed. "Great! 'Cause I wanted you to tell me a story, please." He mewed exuberantly. His mother blinked down at him. "...Please?"

The lioness sighed. "Alright, come here." She pushed herself up, then motioned for her only child to lay against her chest. "I have the perfect story for you, little one. Have you ever wondered why you don't look like me?"

Ayo looked down at his little white paws, studying them. "Not really, I guess. Maybe? Why?"

"That's the story I'll tell you tonight. But no questions, it's late and you," she touched by her nose affectionately to her son's head, "should already have been asleep."

Ayo nodded energetically, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

His mother smiled a warm, mischievous smile before beginning. "Your father and I both wanted children very dearly. We tried for months, but nothing ever worked."

"What never worked?" Chimed Ayo. "How do you get kids?"

"That, little one, is a question for much later." His mother soothed. "And you promised no questions, remember?" She squinted down at her son, causing him to look away sheepishly. With a quiet huff, Ayo's mother resumed the story.

"After a long, hard day of patrols, we returned to find a large white egg sitting in our nest. We asked all of our neighbors and friends, and nobody knew how it got there. Your father and I decided to keep the egg, and laid with it every night to keep it warm. We slept beside it for many, many months, until one day in the rich golden sun, it hatched! And do you know what came out of it, little Ayo?"

Ayo was silent, a strangely determined expression on his face.

"...You can ask questions now."

The little cub began chattering away immediately. "What came out of the egg? Did you ever find out where it came from? Why did you keep it? Wh-"

"You came out of the egg, little one!" Ayo's mother interrupted, nuzzling her son affectionately. That managed to silence the exuberant child.

"...I did?"

His mother beamed. "You did! Tiny and fluffy like any other cub, but a little wet. That's why you look more like an egg yolk than like me, because you were an egg yolk, a long time ago."

Ayo was silent for a long, long time. His mother watched the perplexed expression on his little face with endless amusement, but managed to hold a straight face.

"...How?" Her child squeaked.

His mother smiled, then hugged Ayo closer for her. "That's a question for the morning. Try to get some sleep, Eggchild."
Last edited by EchoIre on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:34 am

mark ???

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:45 am

Username: Jantzi01
Lion name: Jua
Pride: link to thread
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4193104
Pride status: Healer
The Story 500 to 750 words. Be creative~

Jua was born on the autumnal equinox that year. He was laying in the sun one morning when he realized how different he was from the other lions in his pride. He stood up and went searching for his mother, Malenge.

"Mother?" He asked inquisitively, burying his face into her neck.

"Yes, my son?" She replied, leaning down to lick his forehead.

"Why am I colored so weird?" He questioned, staring into Malenge's eyes.

"Whatever do you mean little one? Your colors are what make you unique." She answered surprised.

"I mean why am I so white and orange? Everyone else in the pride is tan or brown or gray." Jua inquired, staring dejectedly down at his feet.

"Jua, have I ever told you about why your father and I think you look the way you do?" Malenge sighed, licking her sons back in order to comfort him.

"No," He replied confidently, "I think I asked dad, but he just brushed it off and left for some sort of meeting."

"I see," She said, squinting out at the grasslands that they called home, "I will have to speak with him about that at some point. Anyway, as you know, we have several deities that we believe in," She looked expectantly down at her son, who nodded, "Have you ever heard the story of our sun god?" She asked.

"I don't think so." Jua answered, trying to remember a story about a sun god.

"Alright, I suppose now's a good time to tell you then. A long time ago, our ancestors thought that it was the sun god who was more powerful than his mate, the moon," She began, closing her eyes as she told the tale.

"What? That's ridiculous!" Exclaimed her son,

"Yes, well, that's what they believed. In order to prove herself, Mwezi convinced the pride that the world was ending by blocking out the sun, through a solar eclipse." She said.

"I was born on a solar eclipse, right?" Jua questioned.

"Yes, my dear. You were born on a solar eclipse on the equinox," Malenge replied, "Mwezi, now considered the more powerful of the two celestial deities, however, the sun god didn't appreciate it. He cursed our pride to be diurnal, and to never see the light of the moon. We have been slowly breaking free from his curse, but it has taken quite some time. As for why you are so orange, your father and I believe that you are a reincarnation of our sun god, Jua." She stated.

"What?! But how? And why?" Jua exclaimed.

"We don't know sweetie. It's just a theory, but we believe you have been sent as a blessing. That you can finally lift our curse and let us roam the night again."

"Mom, I-I don't think I can do it." He stuttered, his hackles slowly raising.

"You don't have to, dear. We genuinely have no idea. It's just a theory that made the most sense to us. We could be wrong," She reassured, "Now, it's getting late. Get to bed, sun god." She teased, nudging her cub towards the den.

"Okay okay! Good night mom. Thank you for the story." He said, trudging off to sleep.

"You're welcome, my son." She called, walking off to give Jiwe a long talking to.
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm

EchoIre wrote:Username: EchoIre
The Story
--snipped--

this sounds like something i would tell my child. totally my sense of humor. He's yours~
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left