Valley of Kings -- #102 by .henloimmabirb.

Based on Click to view
Artist .henloimmabirb. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings -- #102

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:52 am

Main Thread I Prompts/leveling up I Artist Search

Closed -- Thank you all for entering! <3 Will get some more Prideless lions out soon! c:

Meekins12345 wrote:Username: Meekins12345
Lion name: Degotoga
Lion gender: Lion/Male
Pride: The Pride of Wikimak
Pride Status: Insoniti - Scout
How did they get their scar?:

"How did you get that scar, Master Degotoga?" A young cub asked curiously, looking up to the strikingly light-colored male as she motioned to the scars strewn along underneath his eye.

The question only had him chuckling, he soon folding his paws over each other as he looked to her with a small smirk. "Are you sure you wish to hear the tale, little one? It is rather scary in some parts," He'd warn her, looking her over and watching as her eyes lit up.

"Yes! Yes! Tell me, pretty please?" She'd beg.

"Alright, alright. If you so insist," He'd state with a smirk, soon moving a paw over only to bring her closer to him, and she nestled against him as he began to tell his tale. "It all started in the spring, about four years ago. I was younger then, barely had much to amount to the mane I have today..."

-----

The pride I had then was very different from this one. We lived in the mountains, where the wolves, moose, and snowfeathers (ptarmigans but they call them this instead) reside. It was a day like any other. Fresh snow was falling onto the rocky cliffs where there was so much snow that a cub like you wouldn't be able to see above it. A couple of friends and I were running across the sturdier slopes, being the young cubs we were...

"Come on, Elsu, keep up! You're gonna be chewing the frozen chipmunk* with how slow you're going!" (*An expression, pretty much the same as "you're gonna be the rotten egg")
"I'd like to hear you say that with your tail between your legs, Ogima!"
"Well, maybe if you'd actually catch up then maybe Ogima would."
"Shut up, Dego!"

Laughter could be heard amidst the crunching of snow beneath our paws as we climbed the snowy slopes, leaping and bounding from bolder to ledge. We finally made it, to our "hideout" as we liked to call it. In reality, it was just a small den carved into the side of a mountain, big enough to fit all three of us inside. No more, no less. We were plum tired by the time we reached, it was a long trek there, but at the time, we thought it worth it.

"I won! I won!"
"Oh, sure. Just bask in it, Ogima. You'll see, I'll beat you next time."
"Elsu, you say that every time we get up here."
"Well..."
"That's enough, you two. It's time for a meeting."
"What sort'a meeting, Degotoga?"
"You'll see. Let's go inside."

You see, we tended to speak about all kinds of petty things. From the females back at home that we stared at a little too long to the things we wished we could do to those who did us wrong. We talked about all sorts of things in our lives, mostly because we saw the adults do it, too. And that's what we wanted to do; be adults... We talked all afternoon until evening. That was usually when we tended to call it a night, but I was feeling daring and so suggested,

"Hey, fellas. Let's stay the night once."
"Are you crazy, Dego? The wolves come out and night! And, and owls, too. Besides, my mom wants me home when the sun's halfway over the horizon."
"You sound like your grouse* to me." (Or "chicken")
"Am not!"
"You totally are, Elsu. But fine. Go be a cub and run back to your momma."
"Mmph. Fine! I'll stay... but only if Ogima stays, too."
"Ugh, fine... but if anything happens, I'm blaming you guys. My mom'll kill me if she sees so much as a tuft off my mane."
"Ogima, you barely have a mane!"
"I know, but it's growing!"
"Alright, alright. We'll all stay up here for the night. No going back until morning."

We all agreed and ultimately nestled up to each other in that cave, soon falling asleep... But Elsu woke up to some strange noise. I didn't hear it at first. Neither did Ogima.

"G-Guys... W-What was that?"
"Uhn, what was what, Elsu?"
"T-That sound... There it is again! Guys, I'm scared."
"Goodness gracious, Elsu, you're such a cub."
"Fine, then I am one! I'd rather be at home with ma than out here. I wanna go home."
"You are not going home! I'll go check and see what it is. Ogima can stay here... he seems to be asleep yet."
"Fine, just... just don't be gone to long. Come right back."
"Yeah, yeah."

I went out to check on the sound. To be completely honest with you, I was a bit concerned myself. For one, I couldn't see for nothing. The moon didn't even appear to be out, and the stars were hidden within the darkness of the night. The snow didn't seem to reflect anything that night. Nothing at all... Nevertheless, I could smell the creature. It wasn't too far away. In fact, it was close... It smelled familiar, but I couldn't put my claw on it... I rounded the corner and my head collided with something solid, and it caused me to fall back onto my rump. I reached a paw to rub at my head as I looked to see what I had run into. I could barely make it out in the darkness, but then it turned it's head toward me. With small, glowing yellow eyes staring into my soul, I knew immediately what it was. I had run right into a Great White Bear.

"Then what happened, Master Degotoga?"

The bear let out a mighty roar that nearly shook the whole mountain, and I was quick to get onto my paws and skedaddle out of there as fast as I could. I could hear it's thundering paws mercilessly running after me as I ran back to the cave. I just about got there,

"Guys! It's the White Bear! Run--"

It was just then that I felt something pull me by the tail, and off I went, colliding with the fur of the bear once more. All I could see was dark and my limbs seemed to just flail, trying to get me out of the close proximity I was to the White Bear, but unfortunately I was at a loss for what to do. Frantically, I tried to claw at the thing, but it only seemed to claw me back. I clawed at an eye, and it clawed at mine. Thankfully, it missed my actual eye, mostly just got underneath it, but it was close. It then clawed at my shoulder, mercilessly scraping it's long claws along me as if I were a tree to be marked. It hurt something fierce, and I could smell the blood. That was what got me going. I didn't want to die by some bear if I could help it. So I clawed at it again, and tried my best to move out of it's way. It moved back for just a moment and I took that chance to run back home. I knew it was still following me, it followed me all the way back home. By the time I got to the spot where our territory began, I felt weak and could go no further. I fell into the snow. I could go no further. I was a goner...

I could feel it's breath on my neck as it loomed over me, and I closed my eyes tight in anticipation of what was to come before... I heard another roar. A roar from my own kind. I could feel the multitudes of my pride coming closer, and the bear moving back. Before I could listen to what was about to go down... I blacked out.

I woke up the next morning, in my pride's cave, with most of the family huddling around me to keep me warm. My mom was the closest, so I asked her.

"Momma... What happened?"
"You were attacked by a bear, Degotoga. We came in our numbers and chased it off... My poor child, why didn't you come home last night?"
"...Because we wanted see what it'd be like to be far away from home, Momma. We wanted to be like the adults."
"My child, that is not what adults do. Promise me you will never do such utter nonsense ever again."
"Yes, Momma."

-----

"My mother never let me leave the pride grounds without an adult until I grew up into a proper one. I still have the scars to this day, as you can clearly see, little one. That is how I got my scars."

"That was scary." The cub whined softly.

"Yes, but it was true," Dego spoke. "Promise me, little one, never leave the grounds without an adult with you. For you will never know what lurks in these woods. Not until you are older."

-----

To win this Lion, tell me how you think they got their scar! Be as creative as you desire!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion name:[/b]
[b]Lion gender:[/b] Lioness/Female (OR) Lion/Male
[b]Pride:[/b]link to thread
[b]Pride Status:[/b]
[b]How did they get their scar?:[/b]
Last edited by .henloimmabirb. on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282

*I'm away on vacation till the 22nd -- apologies for delayed replies/messages!*
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings -- #102

Postby -Isabella- » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:54 am

Username: Isabella45
Lion name: Amahle (meaning 'beautiful one')
Pride:Katonda Pride
Pride Status: Guard

Amahle was born to a pride where appearances were everything. Your whole future was decided based on yours look, not your parentage, gender, skills, or personality.
Beauty was all that mattered and the pride had strict standards for it, though those deemed most beautiful tended to try to fix those standards to admit only lions like themselves into the high ranks of the pride.
Those deemed less attractive were raised to be hunters and architects, basically doing all the labor in the pride since it didn't matter what scars they might get or how dirty they might become.

When he was just a cub, Amahle was decided to be very beautiful indeed. His parents were also deemed very attractive so were pleased to have so lovely a cub.
From infancy he was raised to be a high ranking prince in the pride, his only purpose to present himself well, look good, and someday hopefully have cubs to carry on the family line and bring more 'good blood' into the pride.
Being as young as he was Amahle didn't fully understand his 'purpose', or why some of the other cubs and lions were deemed 'less' than him somehow when they seemed to be the ones to do everything. But being so young he didn't think to question his parents too much about it, having accepted it as simply how life was.

But one day, when he was still young but old enough to explore on his own, he wandered out into the jungle and savanna. Amahle just wanted to see what was beyond the pride borders since he was seldom allowed out of his family's sight.
He didn't realize that his light coat made him stand out against the natural brown and green tones of the land, and it wasn't long before some other animals noticed him too.
High in the sky a pair of circling hawks saw him, bright and shining against the dark ground. They went after the cub, probably hoping for an easy meal.
In the meantime his parents had been out looking for him, and they arrived in time to save his life, but not in time to stop the birds from scarring him with their talons.

The pride healer was able to clean up the injuries and make sure they didn't get infected, but as deep as they were around his face and shoulder they scarred and because of it he could never be truly considered beautiful by his pride.

And just like that a few scars, the result of a cub's curiosity, turned his whole life around. His parents gave him over to the care of a 'nanny'. One of the pride's lower ranking lionesses.
He seldom saw his family and his old friends were no longer allowed to associate with him. In addition to that he suddenly had chores to perform, cleaning out the caves and clearing away old bones and various similar tasks.
While he endured these tasks, and the abuse and condescension of higher ranking pride members for some time, as he grew into adulthood he began to realize more and more that this way of living simply wasn't right. And so, he chose to leave his pride in search of another. After all, he owed them nothing after how they had treated him over a few scars and he wanted to find a place where his scars and even his supposed beauty wouldn't be all that mattered, where he might be appreciated as an individual.

So he set off across the savanna, and in time he did come upon another pride. While hardly perfect in any way, they were willing to take him in and train him as a guard.
After all he had endured Amahle liked the idea of protecting others and slowly found his place in his new pride where his scars didn't matter or define who he was.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:00 am

Username: Meekins12345
Lion name: Degotoga
Pride: The Pride of Wikimak
Pride Status: Insoniti - Scout

"How did you get that scar, Master Degotoga?" A young cub asked curiously, looking up to the strikingly light-colored male as she motioned to the scars strewn along underneath his eye.

The question only had him chuckling, he soon folding his paws over each other as he looked to her with a small smirk. "Are you sure you wish to hear the tale, little one? It is rather scary in some parts," He'd warn her, looking her over and watching as her eyes lit up.

"Yes! Yes! Tell me, pretty please?" She'd beg.

"Alright, alright. If you so insist," He'd state with a smirk, soon moving a paw over only to bring her closer to him, and she nestled against him as he began to tell his tale. "It all started in the spring, about four years ago. I was younger then, barely had much to amount to the mane I have today..."

-----

The pride I had then was very different from this one. We lived in the mountains, where the wolves, moose, and snowfeathers (ptarmigans but they call them this instead) reside. It was a day like any other. Fresh snow was falling onto the rocky cliffs where there was so much snow that a cub like you wouldn't be able to see above it. A couple of friends and I were running across the sturdier slopes, being the young cubs we were...

"Come on, Elsu, keep up! You're gonna be chewing the frozen chipmunk* with how slow you're going!" (*An expression, pretty much the same as "you're gonna be the rotten egg")
"I'd like to hear you say that with your tail between your legs, Ogima!"
"Well, maybe if you'd actually catch up then maybe Ogima would."
"Shut up, Dego!"

Laughter could be heard amidst the crunching of snow beneath our paws as we climbed the snowy slopes, leaping and bounding from bolder to ledge. We finally made it, to our "hideout" as we liked to call it. In reality, it was just a small den carved into the side of a mountain, big enough to fit all three of us inside. No more, no less. We were plum tired by the time we reached, it was a long trek there, but at the time, we thought it worth it.

"I won! I won!"
"Oh, sure. Just bask in it, Ogima. You'll see, I'll beat you next time."
"Elsu, you say that every time we get up here."
"Well..."
"That's enough, you two. It's time for a meeting."
"What sort'a meeting, Degotoga?"
"You'll see. Let's go inside."

You see, we tended to speak about all kinds of petty things. From the females back at home that we stared at a little too long to the things we wished we could do to those who did us wrong. We talked about all sorts of things in our lives, mostly because we saw the adults do it, too. And that's what we wanted to do; be adults... We talked all afternoon until evening. That was usually when we tended to call it a night, but I was feeling daring and so suggested,

"Hey, fellas. Let's stay the night once."
"Are you crazy, Dego? The wolves come out and night! And, and owls, too. Besides, my mom wants me home when the sun's halfway over the horizon."
"You sound like your grouse* to me." (Or "chicken")
"Am not!"
"You totally are, Elsu. But fine. Go be a cub and run back to your momma."
"Mmph. Fine! I'll stay... but only if Ogima stays, too."
"Ugh, fine... but if anything happens, I'm blaming you guys. My mom'll kill me if she sees so much as a tuft off my mane."
"Ogima, you barely have a mane!"
"I know, but it's growing!"
"Alright, alright. We'll all stay up here for the night. No going back until morning."

We all agreed and ultimately nestled up to each other in that cave, soon falling asleep... But Elsu woke up to some strange noise. I didn't hear it at first. Neither did Ogima.

"G-Guys... W-What was that?"
"Uhn, what was what, Elsu?"
"T-That sound... There it is again! Guys, I'm scared."
"Goodness gracious, Elsu, you're such a cub."
"Fine, then I am one! I'd rather be at home with ma than out here. I wanna go home."
"You are not going home! I'll go check and see what it is. Ogima can stay here... he seems to be asleep yet."
"Fine, just... just don't be gone to long. Come right back."
"Yeah, yeah."

I went out to check on the sound. To be completely honest with you, I was a bit concerned myself. For one, I couldn't see for nothing. The moon didn't even appear to be out, and the stars were hidden within the darkness of the night. The snow didn't seem to reflect anything that night. Nothing at all... Nevertheless, I could smell the creature. It wasn't too far away. In fact, it was close... It smelled familiar, but I couldn't put my claw on it... I rounded the corner and my head collided with something solid, and it caused me to fall back onto my rump. I reached a paw to rub at my head as I looked to see what I had run into. I could barely make it out in the darkness, but then it turned it's head toward me. With small, glowing yellow eyes staring into my soul, I knew immediately what it was. I had run right into a Great White Bear.

"Then what happened, Master Degotoga?"

The bear let out a mighty roar that nearly shook the whole mountain, and I was quick to get onto my paws and skedaddle out of there as fast as I could. I could hear it's thundering paws mercilessly running after me as I ran back to the cave. I just about got there,

"Guys! It's the White Bear! Run--"

It was just then that I felt something pull me by the tail, and off I went, colliding with the fur of the bear once more. All I could see was dark and my limbs seemed to just flail, trying to get me out of the close proximity I was to the White Bear, but unfortunately I was at a loss for what to do. Frantically, I tried to claw at the thing, but it only seemed to claw me back. I clawed at an eye, and it clawed at mine. Thankfully, it missed my actual eye, mostly just got underneath it, but it was close. It then clawed at my shoulder, mercilessly scraping it's long claws along me as if I were a tree to be marked. It hurt something fierce, and I could smell the blood. That was what got me going. I didn't want to die by some bear if I could help it. So I clawed at it again, and tried my best to move out of it's way. It moved back for just a moment and I took that chance to run back home. I knew it was still following me, it followed me all the way back home. By the time I got to the spot where our territory began, I felt weak and could go no further. I fell into the snow. I could go no further. I was a goner...

I could feel it's breath on my neck as it loomed over me, and I closed my eyes tight in anticipation of what was to come before... I heard another roar. A roar from my own kind. I could feel the multitudes of my pride coming closer, and the bear moving back. Before I could listen to what was about to go down... I blacked out.

I woke up the next morning, in my pride's cave, with most of the family huddling around me to keep me warm. My mom was the closest, so I asked her.

"Momma... What happened?"
"You were attacked by a bear, Degotoga. We came in our numbers and chased it off... My poor child, why didn't you come home last night?"
"...Because we wanted see what it'd be like to be far away from home, Momma. We wanted to be like the adults."
"My child, that is not what adults do. Promise me you will never do such utter nonsense ever again."
"Yes, Momma."

-----

"My mother never let me leave the pride grounds without an adult until I grew up into a proper one. I still have the scars to this day, as you can clearly see, little one. That is how I got my scars."

"That was scary." The cub whined softly.

"Yes, but it was true," Dego spoke. "Promise me, little one, never leave the grounds without an adult with you. For you will never know what lurks in these woods. Not until you are older."

-----
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SlimPaw » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:01 am

Username: SlimPaw
Lion name: Ziemas
Pride: The Pride of Oto Valley
Pride Status: King/Founder

"Listen to a bad omen..." Ziemas' father was wise with every lesson.. and he wishes he listened to him.

Among the warm summer valley stood a male adolescent; Ziemas. He had just turned the right age to patrol with his father and learn how to keep the territory safe, for he, was the heir to the throne of the pride. His father's prominent words stuck out from the rest of the pride. He had a voice so bold it made the sun quiver beneath him. They strolled along the territory bounds for the rest of the day, Ziemas was memorizing the place and admiring the beauty of nature along with it.

"Remember Ziemas.. always listen to a bad omen, it's never false... and it could get you killed." his father, Reve, exclaimed

"Yeah yeah I know..." Ziemas sighed with frustration, irritated from his aching feet and the mosquitoes coming out at dawn.

The two trotted back to the min dens of the pride and parted ways. It was night now, and the pride was still-cubs were snoring, lionesses were protecting them, even in their sleep. The only two left awake was Reve and Ziemas. Ziemas flopped down in his usual patch of grass and stared up at the sky.

"Bad omen?.. Yeah right. The only bad thing I see up there are the stars, big balls of fire that are just out of reach." Ziemas flopped over on his side and closed his eyes, hoping to get some sleep. He eventually dozed off until morning and the pride was lively again.

2 youngs cubs met his face staring down at him with goofy smiles as they have covered him in bugs as a joke. Ziemas freaked out and wiped himself off as the cubs scampered away giggling. He scoffed in their direction as his chuckling father came up to him.

"Son, you have to learn to play along... It's good trait building, for the cubs I mean" He sat down next to irritated Ziemas. Ziemas quickly got up and started to wander towards the watering hole when he was stopped by a panicked lioness.

"WHERE'S MY SON?" She yells in Ziemas' face. "HAVE YOU SEEN HIM?"

Ziemas stared at her blankly with a shocked expression when the pride stepping in for him, including his father.

"When did you lasts ee him?" Reve said with a hasty tone

"Last night... He just- dissapeared.." She began to sob as the other lionesses comforted her.

Reves looked down at his son and then rushed away the opposite direction, looking for calming materials and hope of finding her cub.

Ziemas pinned his ears and rushed to the waterhole to clear him of his thoughts. He sloshes his face in the water a few times to cool him down.

"What did my father say about an omen? Gosh.. I'm so dumb, why didn't I head the warning?" He dunked his face in again. When he brought his face back out, things were quiet--too quiet. He glanced at the sky to which it was really cloudy and dark now. He got up and backed away, fearing the dark shadows from above him.

He collected himself enough to glance at his pride to which every lion there was still, and on the ground. Ziemas ran over in panic, fearing the enividable. A white substance began to gloss over the valley and his pride. The white substance piled up quickly, noticing the substance, Ziemas picked up the pace. Once he reached the pride he saw every lion there but.. soulless. He looked around in dismay and headed to where his father was, and to his surprise, his father was staring right at him, as startled as he.

"Dad... What is this?" Ziemas choked out, still anxious from the sudden events.

"...A bad omen, son." He looked behind Ziemas, and began to wither. The snow piled up so high that it caught Reve's falling bones after he decayed entirely. Ziemas rushed over to his father and shook the skull in hopes he was still there, but it was no use.

Ziemas turned around and saw a tall black figure that looked like a mutalated goat. The goat and Ziemas made eye contact as the goat held up his hand and striked Ziemas, scarring him badly.

"Wise lion, nimble cub..." The creatures croaked out before vanishing in the clouds of white snow. Ziemas collapsed under the pain of the slash. Eventually passing out in the snow.

Ziemas woke up nd the harsh weather has died down, he was alone now. He wandered back to the pride where the skeletons of the fallen lions lay. He stayed under a rock nearby and tended to his wounds. This was the start of a whole new generation.
Last edited by SlimPaw on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
| She / They | Demisexual | Gemini | Artist | <3 |
SlimPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:10 am

M!

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:29 am

Username: RupturedRaptor
Lion name: Auton
Pride: link to thread
Pride Status: Warrior
He got his scars as a cub. He can't really remember much about it however.

A loud rour echoed through the valley. The names of the surviving cubs were listed one by one and repeated. " Azechery, Autonomyous, Basiltsalt, Eschloe, Tauzacharon, Zachiket". It was the pride calling in their cubs for daily training. Autonomyous wasn't impressed (he shortened his name to Auton but only the other cubs referred to him by this name). He wantedvto continue to explore the area he was currently in. Whilst the cubs of the Valley Pride were allowed to explore at their own discretion it had been advised they avoid the deeper parts of the jungle or else risk a certain death. A few cubs had already wondered in and never returned, but this didn't appear to teach Auton a lesson. He was bold, brave, sort of stupid and most certainly ignorant to the dangers he was constantly in. This somehow allowed him to survive amongst his pride and he'd manage to live this long through their deliberate elimination processes. He was unaware of the fact that he only had one last training session to survive before he'd officially be accepted into the pride and finally protected. Up until now he had been an easy fast food meal for any predator that realised his pride don't care to protect his young. But that didn't matter right now. Auton was oblivious to any of this. He was just hungry and started to head towards the pride camp amongst the openlands.

Auton arrived an hour late and was scolded for it. He gave some of the pride members scowls and grumpy looks before starting training. This time the cubs were given a series of tasks. Some were somewhat easy, others more challenging and one large task had never been attempted by the cubs.

The first task was particularly easy for Auton. The cubs were each assigned a flower they had to collect. The purpose of this activity was actually ensuring the cubs had explored the pride territory properly and fully, but to the cubs it appeared as a fun item hunt game. Auton made a beeline towards the jungle area and ventured deep onto the jungle without hesitation. He had run into all sorts of predators there but he'd miraculously escaped every single encounter through some pure lucky miracle. He headed towards a small clearing full of small pruple flowers with a blue tip on the petals that faced down. They were called the 'crying flowers' by the pride and only grew in one hidddn area of the Valley Prides territory. Auton was far beyond his prides territory at this point, but that's because he knew a better way of doing things. Even if it was a lot more dangerous than the way the pride carefully planned things to be, which is surprising since the pride designed everything with the intent of killing off cubs that couldn't makd the cut. In all truth they weren't expecting Auton to survive the final training process.

Auton returned to the pride base with his tail held high and a crying flower between his teeth. He felt particularly proud of himself. All of the cubs returned with flower, although only Autonomyous, Basiltsalt, Eschloe and Tauzacharon returned with the correct items. The cubs who failed were put in a circle where their fated were to be decided at a later date. Eschloe had gone above and beyond, collecting not just her own flower but also all of the flowers that were assigned to rhe different cubs. She always was an overachiever.

The cubs went through a series of more tests. From hunting on small prey their own to assisting the pride in a kill, to hiding from one of the pride males who was trying to seek them out, to jumping over large obstacles. Auton and Eschloe were the only ones who passed all tests. Tauzacharon passed most and Basiltsalt passed hardly any. The cubs were all afraid for their lives, but today turned out to be merciful. The surviving cubs were all sent into a circle and each sat on a rock. They were told to sit still on the rock. One by one the lions were given different scars representing their roles and abilities according to how they had performed in the several tests they had been put through since birth.

Auton was first given symmetrical scratch marks on his face. These markings represented his boldness and how he never seemed to hesitate in the face of danger. The marking given nearest to the nose represented snakes as a reference to how he somehow managed to return with a large constricting snake as one of his prey items he'd hunted alone. This surprised and impressed the whole pride. The whole time Auton and the other cubs screeched in pain but everyone ignored them. All members of the pride had gone through a similar process in their lives and had seen countless other lions be given scars so it was a fairly normal experience to them. The last scar was assigned to his left arm. This role was the Valley Pride's marking of a warrior. He was to become a warrior.

(The pride is later overthrown by Ozmore and the Wildfire pride. The valley pride is abandoned and the surviving members split. At this point Auton joined Ozmores pride and continues hos destiny of being a warrior.)
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:23 am

Username:
The Pirate
Lion name:
Akari
Lion gender:
Male
Pride:
Logue's Pride
Pride Status:
Pride Second
xxxAkari got his scars while fleeing his former pride. As heir to the throne, Akari was promised royalty and power. What he got instead was a pride devoid of law or hope, thrown to destruction by his father, the king. Outraged by his father's corrupt leadership, Akari confronted him and suggested travelling to a new location for a brighter future and more plentiful resources. His father took this as a sign of rebellion and stripped him from his title.
xxxNow without power, but with a will to lead his people to safety, Akari began to hold secret meetings in which members discussed fleeing to new lands. At first, these meeting showed promise; some of the members began to travel in their free time to scout new territories and report back to Akari. Plans were made, and a date was set to sneak away. The pride, which was once stripped of all hope, began to see a new beginning.
xxxThe secret plan was met with tragedy, however, when a spy informed Akari's father of his plans. Akari's group was ambushed on the night that they were set to leave, forced to battle their own families and friends. Outnumbered and caught in surprise, it wasn't long before Akari was defeated. Now bearing fresh scars to remind him of his loss, Akari was banished from the pride and chased off of the territory- the heir had become the outcast.
xxxIt wasn't long before Akari came across Logue, the king of his new pride, and decided to follow Logue's progressive style of leadership. Now, Akari's scars serve as a reminder to fight for a brighter, more hopeful future- even when the odds are slim.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:35 am

Username:
Lion name:
Pride:link to thread
Pride Status:
Wip
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:37 am

Username: ~Soul~
Lion name: Makani
Lion gender: Lion / Male
Pride: Healani Pride
Pride Status: Hunter
Makani is a very brave lion that tends to be cocky at time and feels over confident. Being gifted my the Ancient Mother he was granted with the skill of controlling water. With this he went out to help the hunters int he ocean as the fished the great coral reef. Now the huge risk these hunters take on while in the water is the splashing and noice it makes while trying to gather the fish. These noises tend to attack sharks for they sound like that of a hurt animal that would make for an easy meal. As someone who works the board of the circle to keep the fish from escaping you are at great risk of attack by shark. Normally new hunters are placing in the middle to round up the fish while more advanced hunter keep a look out. One day on of the hunters that normally take the boarder wall had went into labor and gave birth to three beautiful cubs. This left the boarder of the hunt week, so they moved Makani to the boarder though it was only his third or fourth hunt, Kaiholo felt he was ready.

Makani was keeping a will eye out but was also keeping an eye on a new hunter, and quite the cutie one would add. This prevented him from seeing a black tip shark come close to the circle where he was. With little time to call for reinforcement from one of the boarder hunters he did his best to scare the shark away. With little success he had to be more threatening and had to get just a little closer. This frighten the shark and he moved in for an attack. Makani thinking quickly knew he had to claim dominate over the space and being under the shark which exposed the sharks soft belly might intimidate it enough to swim away. While Makani tried to diver under the shark had time to turn around of another attack with jaws open he left three deep scraps under his eye. Makani jerked away and with his shoulder hit the reef hard cutting him deep. By the time he hit the reef Kaiholo and the others had teamed up and scared the shark away and pulled him to safety. It would take a weeks before Makani's wounds had healed completly for him to go back into the water. Makani is very proud of these scars and likes to show them off to the ladies when possible.
( 418 words )
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 am

Username: hawkfire102
Lion name: Kiira
Lion gender: Male
Pride: The Howling Crags Pride
Pride Status: Upper Territory Guard

A violent storm was passing through the territory that night. Along with some unwanted guests. A group of leopards had decided to use the storm as cover to take their home from them. Being the Upper Guard, Kiira was stunned at the sudden ambush, normally having a warning from the two other guard rings before they ever reached them.

The Leopard had sprung onto him, clinging onto his back and trying to bite his neck. He was thankful that his mane prevented that. He roared his warning to the rest of his pride before he was overtaken by two more Leopards. He tried to drive them back down the rock with only lightning strikes guiding him in the darkness. The one on his back managed to hang on until another struck his face, staggering him while the third knocked his hind legs out from under him, sending him to the ground.

His heart raced as he kicked the third one away, snarling. He heaved himself up with all of his might and threw the one off of his back. The last one stood before him. Soon it was a battle of tooth and claw as he tried to keep them from gaining any more advantages from him. It all ended with the Leopard getting behind, knocking into him and sending them both down the rock face. Both of them tumbling down, still locked in their fight. He kicked the Leopard away, sending them still skidding down the side as he hit an abrupt stop of a cliff edge and blacking out.

He awoke in the Pride's cave a few days later, still feeling sore from the encounter. His face and shoulder stung as he tried to stand.

"Don't try to move." A stern voice echoed through the chamber. He looked up to see the Pride Leader standing over him. "You fought well, Kiira. But you're injured. You must rest now." Kiira could only nod before putting his head back down. As his leader left he could see his reflection in a puddle on the ground. He saw the source of his pain, two fresh-looking wounds. It would most likely scar but he wasn't considered at this point.

His Pride was safe. For now.

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me