Artist hiraeth + hound [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
38 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Buttermilk #611 - Reflection of Venus

Postby hiraeth + hound » Wed May 08, 2019 2:35 am

Aphrodite
        ------------
        the goddess of venus, she represents love, beauty, passion, and pleasure.

to win this buttermilk, tell me what she sees in the mirror.
        please do not go over 1000 words, and you have an optional extra to use if you wish.

ends may 15th @ midnight CST

traits:
        (nr) custom collar, goddess items

Code: Select all
        username:
        name:
        what does she see in the mirror?:
        extra: (optional)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Buttermilk #611 - Reflection of Venus

Postby paopu » Wed May 08, 2019 2:42 am

username: paopu
name: Cepoïs (of the garden)
Image has always been something they strove to cultivate. What they see in the mirror is important to them, as is the message that look is supposed to convey. They live outside the binary. Some days Cep wakes up feeling as feminine as can be and work hard to adjust their image accordingly. Some days, they're feeling more masculine and do the same there. Some days it's something in between. They care very little for making a look "work" beyond it being a nice side effect and instead focus on how their reflection makes them feel. They want to feel good about themselves. They want to look at the mirror and see themselves, no matter what that may mean on any particular day, and they pride themselves on being good at expressing who that person is.

extra:
a moodboard
Last edited by paopu on Thu May 16, 2019 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
x
x
x
    they/them

if two people share one
    their destines become
    intertwined they'll remain
    a part of each other's lives
    no matter what

paopu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowflakette » Wed May 08, 2019 2:47 am

possible res!!

username: snowflakette
    name: antoinette
Snowflakette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 am

Azella's mirror was a family heirloom, one that had been passed down from generation to generation over the decades. The glass had been replaced many times, but the frame remained as ornate as ever- stained with age, but incredibly detailed. Hand-carved decals bordered the glass, swirls and waves so smooth and so perfect, and Azella couldn't help but run her fingers gently across them and wonder of those before her had done the same.

Looking into the mirror she could see a thousand stories painted across the glass, faint illustrations of the lives the mirror had been a part of. She could see a young, proper lady scrutinizing herself in the glass as a group of maids fuss with her curls and pearls. She could see a young man fixing his attire, a small child running around him with a small doll. Young couples admiring their youth, lipstick lines and finger stains, perfume residue and mascara marks.

She could see her great-grandmother fastening her jewelry around her neck, picking at her eyebrows and pinching at her cheeks as if it would make them rosy enough for her first date. She could see her slamming her door and throwing herself on her bed, sobs wracking her body, and as she approached the mirror her tired, red, puffy face so vivid as if Azella was face-to-face with her. All in one blur through the replaced glass she could see her great-grandmother's life as it could have gone, her at the mirror, her doting husband watching over her as she fixes her makeup. She could see small handprints, those of her grandmother's as she is raised to look at herself in the mirror. Her grandmother's life playing out like a movie before her, until Azella's very own mother comes into view, her mother teasingly pointing to the mirror, her mouth forming the words, "Who is that?"

And then there was her mother, as beautiful and as radiant as ever. Her mother had told her many stories from her childhood, ones that Azella couldn't help but imagine as she lay in bed. Looking into the old mirror, she felt jealous; if only she could have lived when this mirror had experienced her mother's teen years, seen the lipstick kisses on the glass and the ink-stained sticky notes posted to the frame. And then there was Azella in her own childhood, nose pressed to the frame and puffing hot breath onto the glass, drawing her name in the foggy space it created through her mother scolded her for it many times. Azella may not have remembered all of the times she used this mirror, but the memories continued to resurface as she looked into it, remembering how she herself smudged it with her fingers, drew her own lipstick lines and cracking the glass when a haywire ball was thrown by her siblings. She could remember the tears she shed as she stared into it, the late nights she scrutinized her reflection in it's silent, cold glass.

Yes, that mirror had seen it all, the pain and happiness of everyday life, the cracks and scratches from years of use. Azella's mirror was truly a gateway into her history, an item that remained to remind her of who came before her, the strong individuals that survived to pass it along to their children and so forth, and down to her. Looking into the glass, she could see the story of her family, one that will forever be carved into the reflection of her dusty, old mirror.

This is how I imagined Azella's heirloom to look like!
Last edited by ♔Voltaire♔ on Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Wed May 08, 2019 3:28 am

username: Wileyfangs
    name: Diana
    Well for one there's herself. It's not much and yet it's more than enough.

Diana's reflection is no stranger to her. She struts in front of it every day. Sees the girl, no the woman, there with the cream-colored snout. She laughs at it more often than not, feeling nothing but a bit of self-depreciation and amusement both at the way she looks and herself. There's no one else in the mirror but her to laugh at.

Sometimes if she's pensive or brooding, she takes a good look in the mirror and counts the flecks of gold in her eyes. It does nothing really, does not change her outlook or her opinions. It's rather dull to do. But still, she does it until she counts every last one. When she's finished, her reflection stares back her just as disgruntled and she'll chuckle at it because it really was a dumb thing to do. But it breaks the cloud over her head for the moment.

When she's angry she grabs the markers, or lipstick depending on how angry she is, and she writes insults on the mirror. She writes and writes and writes until her fingers ache and she's so tired of being upset and angry. She's so drained of the anger she pulled into herself and she lets it fester like a live thing, feels it jump and snap up again until her heart's heavy with it. But when she thinks she can take no more she stares at the wretched creature in the mirror, who stares gauntly back at her. She traces her eyes over the things she wrote in her anger and feels the ache of it. When the wretched creature turns back into herself, she feels the pang of pain and guilt. She didn't deserve this. She only feels better once she's cleaned the words off the mirror and can see herself again, still hurt but a bit hopeful. And in times like these she knows she should find other ways to cope.

It was her mother sometimes and the sharp pang in her heart would grip her throat tight as she looked at her. She wasn't there for too long, not if she stared, but a glimpse of her was. Her mother's smile was one she'd never think she'd have herself. And it had been years since she'd seen her mother since she'd passed on. But she recognized her in glances, each one painful and joyous to her. It was her mother who introduced her to the mirror on her vanity. It was her mother who'd made her sit down and say a list of good things about herself to that mirror. It would be her mother who showed her that the reflection was a person too.

Other times she sees her father, brash and sharp, a slick and almost oily man to others but a doting one to her. This is in the lingering stares. The drop of the lips. The crease in her brow. Once as a child she'd have thought everything she hated about herself she got solely from him but time and growth changes people. She still doesn't forgive him, not completely, never completely but her mother taught her compassion. Taught her that not everyone is cared for the same, or has the same ideas of love and when her father is forced on the road after his fight with someone he was couch surfing with, Diana opened her home to him. It is rocky at best, but their bond is slowly mending.

Last edited by Wileyfangs on Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Northstar. » Wed May 08, 2019 5:38 am

Last edited by Northstar. on Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Northstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Streak » Wed May 08, 2019 7:43 am

username: Streak
name: Dahlia