SCS Adopt #750: Bull Terrier by ~HєуRєι~

Based on Click to view
Artist ~HєуRєι~ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 5
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SCS Adopt #750: Bull Terrier

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a second hand shoe store where we here strive to send everyone who comes in home with a new part of their wardrobe. We have a wide array of shoes, from combat boots all the way to dress shoes or even slippers. Every pair we sell is guaranteed to be a great price and only mildly worn. We hope you can find something to your liking here!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
This kiddo was sent to us by a small community member, who simply didn't have enough time to take care of their dog anymore. They love the pup to death but unfortunately their schooling, along with their work schedule, simply doesn't allow a whole lot of time. They said they wish the pup luck in happiness and to find them a good home.
PROMPT: What do they do to stop their owner from going to work? 20 word min-500 word max!My Extra Policy
REVEAL DATE: April 2nd
END DATE: April 13th

#750 Bull Terrier

mewmew. wrote:Username: mewmew.
Name: Tonka
Sex: Male
Collar: rounded rustic red leather with a brass buckle.
Prompt:

(164 words)
Despite being a big, tough looking dog Tonka is a solid 80lb pouty baby. He pouts for everything but mainly when he feels like he is being left behind. The entire time his owner is getting ready he will watch with the saddest expression on his face. He hangs his head and tail low as if sad. Usually this doesnt work to he moves onto his second little trick which is him becoming a pancake infront of the door. He lays sprawled out infront of the door making it hard for anyone to get around him. He will become deadweight if anyone tries to move him because he knows he is super heavy. Even if you try to open the door he won't move. The only way to get around him is either dragging him away from the door which is a workout so most of the time he has to be lured into his kennel before even getting ready to leave.

Genes
#750 Bull Terrier
'Black w/ Irish (Domed Head)'
---
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Double Eh?

Postby conversett » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 pm

Amanda wrote:
”Perfect! Now I can go running.. in very weird looking shoes...”

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Username: Conversett
    Name: Addison
    Sex: Female
    Collar: Brown Leather
    Personality: Energetic, Clever, Determined, Competitive, Skeptical

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Prompt wrote:
Amanda and I were a dynamic duo. We’d go running together in the morning and evening, so we got to see the sun rise and set together. She’d take me to the dog park to socialize with the likes of my kind in the afternoons. On hot sunny days, we’d take a trip to the shore. Spend the day playing keep-away, and swimming in the swallow parts of the ocean if it wasn’t too cold. Most of the time it was too cold for her, but I loved it. Not to mention Mandy’s mom made the best picnic baskets. I have yet to steal a better sandwich to this day. However, that all changed when we moved from Canada to the states.

Amanda told me it was temporary, but it felt like it’s been years for me. Not even a few weeks in, and Mandy starts to go missing for majority of the day. Our time together decreased to the point where when she was home, it was like I wasn’t even there. It made no sense. Why’d we have to trade our home in for a strange place with strange people, and smells. Why couldn’t she do her work at home like before? I know Mandy told me every day before she left that she had to go to college now, but what does that even mean? When it all begun to set in as a new routine, I decided that I had enough of it.

I took note of the shoes she wore. Mandy had the habit of always telling me where she was going, I think it was to reassure me that she’d be back. But the trick was she always wore certain types of shoes to certain events and outfits. It wasn’t hard to figure it out after I was able to associate certain words to her outfits. Once I did that, I started to grab one of her shoes that she needed just before she was about to put them on. It was just like our games of keep-away. If I could keep the shoe away from Amanda then she’d be forced to stay home and pay attention to me. And it worked at first! Then Mandy started buying new shoes. One sniff of a particular off-brand pair of running shoes had me scrambling away in the other direction. They smelled absolutely atrocious!! Nothing like my dear Amanda. Boy I hated those things with a fiery passion, and no way in heck was I touching them.

With the exception of those pair of shoes, I continued to steal her shoes away when she’d go to leave. In the ended, it granted me a little more time with her. I think she realized I missed her greatly. But in all honesty, it still wasn’t enough for me. For now, I’ll let it be... that is until I can think up of a new way to keep her home. [492 words]

Last edited by conversett on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Adopt #750: Running Shoes

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm

Username: Wolfiedog3
    Name: Quartz
    Sex: Biological Male — Trans Female
    Collar: xx
    Prompt: res w/ hiding things the night before
Last edited by Wolfiedog3 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringo. » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:02 am

Username: Ringo.
Name: Zero
Sex: Male
Collar: baby blue
Prompt:

Zero will do anything to stop his owner from going to work.
      He’s also very dramatic when doing so.
      The few things he has done are;
      Rip up the couch cushions, pee on his owners leg so they have to go change, ran outside and down the block so his owner had to chase him.
      But the one over-dramatic thing he has done to keep his owner from going to work was faking a cough.
      He started the night before his owner went to work. In the morning his owner got concerned because Zero forced himself to throw up by eating grass from the backyard. So he made his owner drive him an hour away from their vet and spend $300 just for the vet to tell them that Zero was faking a cough.

Zero hates being alone, he has separation anxiety.
      His owner isn’t allowed to bring him to work since his owner works at an office that has cubicals and Zero would go insane not being able to walk around or anything.
      He has two sisters, Bella the Chow Chow and Wynter the Tiffany. They keep him company, but it’s not the same. He’s very close to his owner, in a way that he can’t explain himself.
      But he will do anything to keep his owner from going to work.
      And many times it’s worked, especially when he’s whining and crying.
      The puppy dog eyes just make his owner feel bad so they end up calling in “sick”.
Last edited by Ringo. on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:14 am

Perfect! Now I can go running.. in very weird looking shoes..
Username: SurgeFire
Name: Willow
Size: size 6 women's
Box: xXx
not active, SurgeFire elsewhere
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:08 am

Username: StormSerpent

Name: Luna

Sex: female

Collar: ♥♥♥

Prompt:
Luna is known for being stubborn, strong willed and having a heart of flame, and she’s always willing to help everyone that she can. They don’t have a lot of money but they get by, the three of them. Luna the good dog, Melissa the tired mom and Toby the self-centered toddler. Melissa and Luna have an unbreakable bond and they’re known as the power duo. Luna is always confident when it comes to decision making, but she’s not the most confident when it’s about herself just as a dog, she feels like she might be lacking in a few places. She’s always supportive and appreciative of everyone except herself. She doesn’t want to be perfect, she just wants to be “good” but she doesn’t believe she’s “good enough” for pretty much anything. But when she makes a decision you’d better not try to stop her.

During the night she was allowed to roam the house i can’t bear to be locked in that crate for ANOTHER long day, and besides Melissa is always so stressed out, she needs a day off. she glanced around the room and spotted something sparkling in the sunlight Keys! she grasped them in her jaws and hid them under her bed she also saw the spare keys had fallen off of the fridge and so she took those too. She was awoken by a ruckus, the whole house seemed to be upside down i always knew it would happen! We’re being robbed and i need to stop it! she ran towards the sounds, barking her head off. “it’s okay baby, i just lost my keys. Have you seen them?” she then gave a tired laugh “no, of course not.” suddenly a loud noise came wailing from the other room, melissa moaned and they both dashed over the see a crying toddler sat on the floor pouting. oh man, i forgot about him! It’s ok though we’ll all have a perfect day together and melissa picked him up carrying him over to the phone which had just started ringing “i’m so sorry i couldn’t make it to work today. I can’t find my keys! - you KNOW i can’t afford an uber - one sec” Luna had begun whining, this wasn’t important, it shouldn’t ruin their special day. Melissa dragged her to her crate and locked her inside, she began howling, this just wasn’t fair. She felt the keys jabbing her from under the bed and sighed. From the other room she heard “i am so SO sorry - NO i promise this won’t happen again” as she put the phone down she just started sobbing. Luna promised that when their family friend caroline took her out jogging she’d put the keys back.

The next day Luna was still determined to have a perfect day, she was always a stubborn dog. She shoved over a can of paint and it spilled everywhere, she started leaving pawprints on everything. Soon she came in and shrieked “my- rug!” suddenly Luna remembered the rug, her now dead mother’s rug whoops she felt just awful, she did love melissa, the rest of the day was spent trying to clean that out with Luna locked up. Suddenly she screamed “tObY!!!” oh yeah, where is he. OH he was at that sleepover melissa got a call “i know! There was an emergency, can you bring him over.” she said sobbing “no? I’ll be right there.” the phone rang a few times while she was gone and when she finally got back she was able to pick it up “Fired? Nono please, you know i don’t have the money-” Luna knew that she had gone too far, she’d just settle for weekends and short evenings from now on.

Last edited by StormSerpent on Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Adopt #750: American Bull Terrier

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Alright guys you gotta actually work for this kid! If you still want to try for them, edit your form accordingly, post a new form, or just add the form underneath your current post and get started on work! I won't force you to choose this kiddo and you are completely free to choose one of the others instead if you want to! Just make sure to read the prompt and requirements before starting!
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:21 am

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Username: Wileyfangs
    Name: Vega
    Sex: Female
    Collar: Boop
    Prompt:

In the quiet small town of Gingerton, there's not a lot one can get into. In fact, there are fewer things to do there than ever. With a tiny strip mall and a few dollar stores, some back trails and lots of restaurants the place couldn't be quieter in Vega's eyes. But that was fine! Cuz Cassandra made it exciting. Every day with the 21-year-old, bodybuilder was one like no other. They hiked well past their limits, ran races for charity organizations, camped out deep in the wilds of Gingerton's woods leaving civilizations far behind. And it was in Cassandra that Gingerton grew on Vega.

The Bull terrier had been so used to the city, the loud noise and sirens, the smokey air that it took her some months to realize she could enjoy the quiet of crickets in the grass and stars twinkling above her head. And Cassandra had been there for all of it.

So when she left for work, well Vega had to stop her at least once. Cassandra worked at one of the only gyms in town, spending her morning getting ready with a warm-up or two before she showered and got dressed. And Vega knew, vaguely, Cassandra's job was important. She just wished she didn't have to leave her to go to it!

Vega was amazing at exercise! She could lay on her back and do the weird back leg thing, sit on Cassandra's back while she did push-ups, trot faster on the treadmill better than any dog had a right to. So why couldn't she go?! But Cassandra wouldn't take her to the gym even though the ladies Cassandra exercised with all had dog smells themselves (and the only reason she knew that was because of the little "adventure" she had to find out where Cassandra went). So it was needless to say Vega had to make her mark somewhere.

She hated doing it. Honest, she did. It made her feel like such a bad dog and not in a good way. But she'd tear the trash open in a heartbeat. She'd hide the jangly keys too if she could get them. And even though she hated the scolding she'd get for it, she'd reach up and paw at Cassandra's legs and tummy for forgiveness. It just wasn't fair. She didn't wanna watch Cassandra go away! She missed her so much! There was nothing to do but run all over the house, jump on all the furniture she wasn't "supposed" to be on, climb the counters, maybe sneak into the treat cabinets. And yeah it was fun. She loved it...the first few times. But now...well she was lonely without Cassandra there to make laugh, or to do her 'special spin' for when she got excited.

She just wished she could go where she went all day too. Maybe she could use some exercise. The treadmill would be fun and Cassandra wouldn't need to worry about her. She wouldn't bug anybody! She'd just do her regular walk route on it, that's all. Nothing special! Nothing bad. Just...anything but being alone.

Story;;
    The cool, rainy morning was alright underpaw, nothing out of the ordinary. The quiet rumble of cars coming and going down rain slick, paved roads was normal too, as we walked down the sidewalk with a small group of kids to the crosswalk. As per usual when it came to these absolutely random encounters with human pups, I stood nice and tall letting them pet me and poke me while they talked to Cassandra. One even gave my ear a scratch, the absolute madman!

Then something happened, a light changed or something like that, and the kids were going away, though the one that scritched my ear earlier gave me an extra scritch for the road. Cassandra looked down at me and I looked up at her with a grin and a happy tail wag.

"Show off," she murmured with a smile and my tail wagged harder.

"You have no idea," I barked before we crossed the street an opposite way. As we went I took a moment to gather up all the scents and smells I could, filtering through information. Frankie the Pitbull had been here, Banana the pomeranian was scared and going to the vet. Frida the Corgi was angry at something her owner did while Reginald the poodle was seemingly fine.

With that information tucked away I followed Cassandra to the nearby playground. No one would be there today since the strange thing called school was keeping all the kids hostage. So Cassandra let me off the leash.

Now for any other dog, this is probably a normal thing, maybe even not a big deal.

But well I was never off leash until Cassandra. I never even had a collar before Cassandra really. They just don't teach that stuff to ya in the rings. Definitely don't let you go anywhere but the cage or The Pit. But here in fresh pine tree Gingerton, there's not a dog fighting ring in sight and The Pit's a long ways away here. And I was off leash. While my tail wagged wildly I dashed for the sandbox, Cassandra laughing at my heels as I all but threw myself into the golden sand.

"Cass! Cass look! Look what I can do!" I barked and immediately began spinning. I was spinning so much it was like I couldn't stop, but I was so happy! So excited! My legs just couldn't stop! Somewhere I could hear, Cassandra's laughter and I panted happily as I got too dizzy and flopped to my side. "You okay Macho girl?" Cassandra's voice was somewhere above me but the world was spinning now and my eyes needed some time to adjust. I snuffed and barked quietly while my tail wagged, beating against the sand.

If I tried to I could think back to those days, busy nights in the dark cellars, loud terrifying laughter, and slurred words; curses. Mean, vicious growls and sobbing whines behind crates. The anticipation, the fear, the anger, the hatred. I can remember it. It's not faint or bottled up, it's there sometimes in the back of my mind. Sometimes it's harder to remember that it really happened some days and others its all I know. But here, the sun's nowhere in sight and yet the sky's lightening up. The world is a steady breath of cool wind and soft rain. I'm going to get a bath from rolling in the sand and Cassandra and I might get sick playing in the rain like this.

And it's worth it. She sits down and pulls me into her lap now, just like when I first came home. She pets over old, long hidden away scars under damp fur and sand and calls me "Macho Girl". She smiles and there's not a hint of malice or anger in her teeth.

Because unlike those humans in the city, Cassandra would never hurt me.

I lean against her heavily, and she brings a hand up to scratch my ears. The same hand I've bitten for getting too close. There are some scars on it, little ones now, but I remember making them. I remember being ashamed of them, of myself for giving them to her. A part of me is still ashamed, but a bigger part knows better as I reach up to lick her hand and her giggles shake us both for a moment.

It's nice, I realize at that moment, to be in boring old Gingerton.

Last edited by Wileyfangs on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm

username: imaginary
    name: oscar
    sex: male
    collar: [x]
    prompt: res. w/ popping the tires
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:36 pm

This competition will be closing on Saturday, April 13th around 7 pm PST! No extensions will be given, so please get your forms completed before then!
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me