Based on Click to view
Artist KathrynKat [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Grelifcent #0309 [Rescue]

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:32 am

Very special feature!
This is the first ever "Rescue" Grelifcent.
She's also the first with a missing limb!
She's got a prosthetic Leg as you all could see!

Username; Nanorat
Name; Diana
_-_
Grelifcent ID;
Gender; Mare
Height; 15.2HH
Kindness Rating; 3
Tails; 2
Generation; First
_-_
Parents;
- Unknown
Unable to Breed
Current Souls Captured;

Back Story; Diana's story is a tale with sad ending. She was a happy filly always content with life - untill a pack of feral dogs attacked their household. They chocked the poultry and went into the pastures next, and while she fought the attacking hounds back as best as she could, stealing souls from two of them - sadly there were too many dogs at once, one of them bit deep into her leg. By the time humans with guns arrived, the dogs have already mauled her back leg badly, and she had to have it removed when the wound started going bad.
Prosthetic Leg; Her leg had to be removed and replaced with a prosthesis to allow her to walk. At first, she was very detesting of her new prothesis; the wounds still hurt and she kept imagining this metal thing was attacking her, just like the dogs did before. She kept kicking and breaking it against any walls she could get ahold of. Even when it was replaced with a durable construction... she started biting and pulling it off. Overall it was a long and hard adjustment for Dia to accept her new leg.
Adjusting; Only after several trials and errors her final leg design was found, that she wouldnt tear down or break; a durable but light construct with cloths covering the most sensitive joints to protect them from being chewed, and a cute shiny star to distract her from attacking her replacement leg. The shine of the pretty star distracts her and sometimes gets her mind off trying to kill the leg, she's quite the magpie and loves shiny things.

Important Note wrote:Special Explanation of the Prosthetic Leg;
- Fetlock Joint & Pastern - Star that allows a bit of flexibility and is stable
- Cannon Bone & Hock - Solid metal piece, for support
- Stifle & Gaskin - Flexible bars (also in fetlock joint) allows bending.

This leg is mechanical and is connected to parts of the body, to allow the leg to be controlled.
The Grelifcent can be ridden, but not at fast paces or for as long periods as a normal Grelifcent.
However, they're unable to breed, as it would be very stressful on the body. The leg maybe Mechanical,
but it would be to much extra weight for a long period and could stress the leg and the Grelifcent.
It's for the Grelifcent's safety!

- This leg is water proof, as all wiring are in the leg.
- Important to keep in note she has 0 feeling in this leg, however she can sense the
taps or bumps through her thigh due to connection to her Thigh.
Last edited by KathrynKat on Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Grelifcent #0309 [Rescue]

Postby Nanorat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:00 am

Username; Nanorat
Name; Diana
Back Story; Diana's story is a tale with sad ending. She was a happy filly always content with life - untill a pack of feral dogs attacked their household. They chocked the poultry and went into the pastures next, and while she fought the attacking hounds back as best as she could, stealing souls from two of them - sadly there were too many dogs at once, one of them bit deep into her leg. By the time humans with guns arrived, the dogs have already mauled her back leg badly, and she had to have it removed when the wound started going bad.
Prosthetic Leg; Her leg had to be removed and replaced with a prosthesis to allow her to walk. At first, she was very detesting of her new prothesis; the wounds still hurt and she kept imagining this metal thing was attacking her, just like the dogs did before. She kept kicking and breaking it against any walls she could get ahold of. Even when it was replaced with a durable construction... she started biting and pulling it off. Overall it was a long and hard adjustment for Dia to accept her new leg.
Adjusting; Only after several trials and errors her final leg design was found, that she wouldnt tear down or break; a durable but light construct with cloths covering the most sensitive joints to protect them from being chewed, and a cute shiny star to distract her from attacking her replacement leg. The shine of the pretty star distracts her and sometimes gets her mind off trying to kill the leg, she's quite the magpie and loves shiny things.
♥ hopelessly addicted to adoptables ♥
♥ My Adopted Babies (General Topic) ♥
On Lioden Im (#29080) Mad Hyena
Nanorat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Username;
Spiritstar3
Name;
Ferra (fair-uh)
Back Story;
Well, you see...the people that first had this lovely mare tried using her as a racer...She’s always had weak limbs, ever since she was born it seems, which the equine vet of the two men warned them of. Of course, these men don’t tend to listen, and they ignored the vet’s warnings as well. Well Ferra, having been raised and cared for by Barret and Cormac, loved them and wanted to make them happy, so she’d run and run on the track. This one rainy day proved to be her downfall, as the young mare tripped and broke the hind leg. It was such a bag break, they had to remove the leg, and Ferra was removed from the home of the men. Luckily, she’s found a much better home.
Prosthetic Leg;
As stated, the leg had to be removed, because the break was way too bad to be able to heal. They decided to try a twist at the top, with a durable middle part, and the metal (?) continued under the durable blue part, which seems harder and strong too. The star was placed at the bottom to secure the bottom, but also as hopes she’d pay more attention to that and less to the odd feeling. She didn’t like the leg at first, however...
Adjusting;
As stated above, Ferra...definitely did not like the thing at first, as it took a long time to get used to the feel and having something there to actually walk on, again. The starfish like star was of interest, however, helping her get through it, and she even took notice of the design of the leg. She likes starfish because Sadie, her new owner, took her to the beach a few times, which she loves, so that star attachment seems to be her favorite part.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Special Explanation of the Prosthetic Leg;
- Fetlock Joint & Pastern - Star that allows a bit of flexibility and is stable
- Cannon Bone & Hock - Solid metal piece, for support
- Stifle & Gaskin - Flexible bars (also in fetlock joint) allows bending.

This leg is mechanical and is connected to parts of the body, to allow the leg to be controlled.
The Grelifcent can be ridden, but not at fast paces or for as long periods as a normal Grelifcent.
However, they're unable to breed, as it would be very stressful on the body. The leg maybe Mechanical,
but it would be to much extra weight for a long period and could stress the leg and the Grelifcent.
It's for the Grelifcent's safety!

- This leg is water proof, as all wiring are in the leg.
- Important to keep in note she has 0 feeling in this leg, however she can sense the
taps or bumps through her thigh due to connection to her Thigh.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm

hello
XP

do i need to change anything?
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:hello
XP

do i need to change anything?

not really it was just so you guys have an idea of how the leg works :)
that it's mind controlled, and not like a walking stick.
This making riding possible, but breeding regardless be to much realistically.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:33 am

XP ah, alright
good to know
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 am

Eeeks I forgot about ending this guy... I'll get to this lator if I don't forget... but I have to get ready for haunted house today and leave shortly. So more so this is a reminder for me later ;)
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:49 am

XP
take your time
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:24 am

Nanorat wrote:Username; Nanorat
Name; Diana

OMG idky I keep forgetting... although been more focused on the Halloween Event as it's continued.
Anyways ugh Congrats, it was hard to pick.
Please do enjoy though, and why not take a peek into the Halloween Event! :)
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me