Breeding Slot Reserves;
- NA
Pairings/Breedings;
- NA

Completed Tasks;
-
Total Points Collected;
-
Last edited by PuddlebyOnTheMarsh on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pet's name: Pushmi-pullyu
PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Grelifcent Meadowdale Roundup | ID #026 - Band #03

Postby Rondell » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Username; Rondell
Name; Qilin

Trade will be sent momentarily. ^.^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Enjoy!! She's all yours. :D

PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Qilin's Quest Log
Everything must be done in order!

Task 1 - Unloading;
Share a story in the unloading from the trailer
(50-100 Word Story)

Qilin was another of those Grels who REALLY did not want to come out of her trailer, and she made that apparent the moment we opened the door. She squished herself back as far as she could go, as if she were trying to become invisible. She probably hadn't wanted to go IN, either. But once she was in (and she was), she'd discovered that the tiny, shadowed, space was safe - if cramped - and, over the course of the journey, had grown somewhat comfortable in there. Not happy, mind... but... comfortable. Meanwhile, the trailer had moved. She knew it. She had felt it! Outside didn't sound the same, didn't smell the same, didn't feel the same... Compared to the familiarity of the trailer, this new, unknown, outside world was an accident waiting to happen! And she wanted no part of it. No, what she wanted was to stay put. Any time I tried to get near her, she started tossing her head nervously and stomping her feet. I was worried she'd hurt herself! Thus, not having many options, I pulled the same stunt I had with Vulture - I asked the agency guy to back the trailer right up to the paddock gate, and I left her alone.

Qilin would come out when she was good and ready.

Task 2 - Taming;
Share a story in how you started taming, to be able to gain a bit of trust
(50-100 Word Story)

As the weeks passed, it quickly became apparent that I was working with a very skittish mare. Poor Qilin was easily startled, and just about everything made her jump. Car doors, someone dropping a bucket, an apple falling from a tree... the poor girl! I made a point of moving very slowly whenever I was around her. I also didn't do anything that would make any sort of noise if she wasn't already paying attention to me. I didn't want to surprise her and have her write me off as some horrible villain before we'd even gotten a chance to know one another! Thus, most of our time together in the early days consisted of my simply hanging around the paddock - either reading, doing chores, or making up chores - so she could get used to having me around. I didn't even try to approach her until she'd been around for more than a month!

Thankfully, Qilin gradually accepted me. She was still jumpy as heck and prone to trotting off the second she became uncomfortable, but after she'd been out in the paddock for nearly two months, she'd let me pet her. She'd even let me brush her! I felt rather proud about that. ;D

Task 3 - Introduce to a herd;
Introduce the Grelifcent to your/one of your herds.
(50-100 Word Story)

After a lot of thinking, I decided to put Qilin out in the field with Doc's Herd. Sure it was already one of my larger herds, being six Grels strong, but aesthetically speaking... she'd fit right in. I couldn't help it! Plus I had a soft spot for 'ol Doc - his being my first Grel ever, and all - and I knew he'd take good care of my somewhat skittish new friend.

I started by sticking her out in the field adjacent to where her eventual family roamed, to let them get used to the sight, smell and sound of one another before doing anything else. Then, after a week or so, I enlisted a friend of mine. I held Doc's lead while they held Qilin's rope, and we walked them around the arena together, sure to keep plenty of distance between the two Grels. At least to begin with. Once we were satisfied that they were both relaxed, we let the gap between us gradually close, until we were walking side by side (a couple of yards apart), all the while keeping an eye out for any signs of unease in our charges. There were none. Thus I made the decision to turn them out together in the Arena.

Once I'd done the same with each member of the herd, I'd feel fine letting Qilin run with her new family unsupervised.

Task 4 - Fully Tamed;
Share a story in how you connected with the Grelifcent
(50-100 Word Story)

It was amazing how lively and warm Qilin was these days. Indeed, now that she'd come out of her shell, she spent most of the day roaming freely with her new herd, enjoying the sunshine and appearing not to have a care in the world. She was still a bit jumpy - it's just the way she is and I'm not sure it'll ever go away entirely - but no longer did every little thing cause her to turn inside out. She had tapped a well of newfound confidence! As I hung on the fence and stroked her bony forehead, I was pretty sure that she was one of the Grels who had been well and truly helped by the roundup. Her coat glistened, her mane shined, and, as she pulled away from my touch in favor of trotting off to join Fish and Geode underneath an oak tree, she held her head high. She didn't miss Meadowdale one bit!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuddlebyOnTheMarsh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 am

Approved! :D

However, phone doesn't play well with art so will be a bit till can "reveal". :D

PuddlebyOnTheMarsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me