Lost Kamper #2 // Hidden in Darkness by clouds-move-on

Based on Click to view
Artist clouds-move-on [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
47 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Lost Kamper #2 // Hidden in Darkness

Postby clouds-move-on » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:29 pm

You've gotten lost from your group when you were hanging about the forest earlier. Your flashlight appears to be dead too, but looks like you've found someone else on the same boat as you.

You ask them to come with you back to kamp, but they say they rather be alone, out here.
Now what?
For this contest, it's a rounds game where the kalon will be revealed little by little! Also, it is based off an animal- can you guess which one? There will be three rounds total.

For round one, please tell me why this kalon prefers being alone. This round ends tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST, and you may not edit your forms. You may not add extras, but there's no word minimum. You can have up to 200 words.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Your Post on Rollcall:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Why:[/b]

This is an elimination rounds contest! Someone asked, sorry I didn't clarify.
Guessing the animal is not counted in judging but feel free to guess.

ROUND TWO: "Design the Shine"
ROUND THREE: "How"
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lost Kamper #2 // Hidden in Darkness

Postby credit » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Username: Credit
Your Post on Rollcall:xx
Name: Emelda
Why:
As the flashlight shone into the harsh hazel that emitted light from the mystery kalon. They groaned a but as they attempted to cover their eyes from the blinding light, their ear twitching just a tad in annoyance. "How long do you plan on keeping that thing in my face?..." As the flashlight welder froze in some sort of emotion that the other kal couldn't make out.The kal let out a rather long sigh in annoyance.
"It's my eyes isn't it...Are you frightened by my eyes kid? Well you should be. These eyes are the eyes that belong to a monster..."
The kal gave a dead stare into the flashlight noticing a slight jump in the kalon before them. Another victim she thought.

Emelda has always been self-conscious about the wild look in her eyes. In youth, the other kits would tend to steer clear of her due to the organ. Ever since then she’s preferred to stay out of society and away from others out of fear of the things that might be said. She doesn’t want a repeat of her childhood, so she prefers the life of the lonesome. A life in which no one can harm her.

[200 words]
credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starberry_milk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Username: StarWerewolf
Your post on roll call: <3
Name: Algernon
Why?:

“You want to know why I like being alone, let me explain”

The darkness of the is like an old friend. I’ve been here too many times just to see the darkness.
They’re simple, don’t judge you and are always and always silent. I don’t need a reply to know they’re there.
Gentle shadows can ripple against my fur and not harm me. Not like the actions of others. I don’t only have darkness and shadows as my friends but I have the water. Churning and uneasy feelings can be associated with it but once you get to know it it’s not so bad.

I don’t have any kalon friends and I don’t need them. All they do is hurt you. Physically, verbally and socially. For what reason?! All my life I’ve been bullied for what reason? I just....don’t like Kalons after what they did to me, okay.........

“So I guess now you know.....please leave me in peace”
:3
Starberry_milk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oriole » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Username: rootgroves
    Your Post on Rollcall: here
    Name: Dajan

Why:
    "People babble, chatter, and gossip more than they realise. On top of that, every motion makes noise. It's both a blessing and a curse to have hearing as sensitive as mine. I can hear a pin drop in a cafe at brunch time, I can hear the lights hum while a band is rehearsing, I can hear every inhale, exhale, sigh, yawn, snore, groan...you get the idea, kid."

"That constant white noise prevents me from hearing Their Signs. Trust me, I know they're coming for me. I'm not allowed to say who -- you don't want to know. But in my...precarious position, I have to be able to hear every footstep, every held breath. I need to know if one of Them is around the corner. Which they could be, at any moment, prowling and lying in wait for me. My hearing is my only advantage."

"Out here, alone, it's not much quieter either to be honest. The forest chirps, growls, and whispers too. But darned if it's not quieter than around you lot."

"Besides, They'll never find me out here."

(180/200)
oriole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellb0und » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 pm

x
USERNAME inferno,
NAME claudia
GENDER female
ROLL CALL FORM cedric

WHY
"What's the matter, kid? You ain't ever heard of a lone wolf before
or somethin'? And get that god forsaken flashlight out of my face! A
re you here to blind me or what?"

The flashlight makes a clumsy swivel down, just as he went to turn
it off, it'd done it itself. Groaning internally he shifted his focus ba
ck on the figure.
"Yer' probably wonderin' why I'm out here all alone, huh? Well, kid
lemme tell you why. Your little possie out there shunned me after t
hey found out what I did. Yet they all told me they'd accept me reg
ardless! What a bunch of bull. So be it if I was troubled, I've righted
meself!"

He wasn't quite sure how to react, what had she done? He certainly
wasn't going to ask.
"They shunned & scolded me, drove me off the land. Leaving me to
rot here, in this very forest. I know better than to try n' return, not th
at I want anythin' to do with those stupid animals. Does that answer y
our ridiculous question? What business you got 'round here anyway? Th
ey gon' find me here you don't scatter."
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Username: Dimi.
Your Post on Rollcall: Amorette
Name: Azrael: Angel of Death
Why:
      "They simply talk too much," The figure from the shadows whispered as he slinked further back into the bush, his brown eyes glowing against the shadows. Before him stood a short gray kit, with long pink hair that was tied back into a high, but sort of messy ponytail. She gazed on in confusion, wonder, and concern. She was a bubbly kit, and she often performed dangerous tasks to gain the attention of others. How anyone could live without being around people was beyond her.

"But.. don't you want friends?" Amorette asked the figure softly, taking a step forward. The kalon thought briefly about how naive the kit seemed, and with a huff outward, he began to speak. "Child. I do desire friends. But you see, they talk too much. Not necessarily mindless banter, but they talk about things that they should not be trifling with. Several of those.. kampers back at camp boast about their earnings, and sometimes, they'll bully others for their unfortunate conditions or results on trips. That, child, is why I stay out here alone, away from drama in my land of peace, land of tranquility." [190 words]
gradually coming back
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lorne_Purnima » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Username: Lorne_Purnima
    Your Post on Rollcall: XX
    Name: Asterion
    Why: "My name? ..Asterion" the voice replied after asking their name, "and why wouldn't I want to stay out here? Its quiet and peaceful, plus you know what you're getting with the animals, people not so much. Society is so loud and busy all the time just always on the go, go, go and always working to impress everyone you meet whether it be friends, coworkers, bosses, customers.
    But even if you do impress them they're still always talking, talking about what you did and what you said, talking about what others might have heard about you and swapping stories, and for what? It's not worth it, to work and try so hard only to have it thrown back at you by people who believe it isn't good enough. So here I am, living out here amongst those who don't talk and spread rumors, those who don't hide ulterior motives; so no matter how others beg, out here I'll stay."

159/200
    ╔════════════════════════════╗
    Image .can i sleep yet?. || Kalons. || TH.
    ╚════════════════════════════╝
    Image╔═════════════════════════════╗
    Image Image Image Image
    Image Image Image

╚═════════════════════════════╝
Lorne_Purnima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Username: BreezeParadox
Your Post on Rollcall: here
Name: Ochre
Why:
Solitude leaves room for observation.
Among other people, we are lost in the midst of conversation, lost in a tangle of lives and stories. Our souls mingle with other souls until they become one blur of color. Time passes too quickly to process it all, and when the clock strikes twelve and the colors fade, we are left feeling like something is missing.
Being alone, however, offers a new opportunity; one paced more slowly than the jumble of color that can sometimes strain the eyes.
Observation.
Many details in our lives go unnoticed, but perhaps if we stopped to pay attention, we would realize the world in every leaf, on every rock, inside every room. Only when the drone of conversation stops can one truly notice the things around them.
I stop to note down and sketch many details. Maybe in many years, something will change, and I will be the only one who notices, because I took time alone to study the world around me.
You know what they say, a picture can paint a thousand words.
Well, I have always been a visual learner.

186/200
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
76heartjunipershe/herroll call post201 words
    xxx"People are... confusing." Her ears flattened back against her skull, a sullen expression falling over her features.
    xxx"I've never been good at reading them, I-" A soft pause, the words struggling to come out, seeming to be unused to use after a long repressed hurt. "I always seem to mess something up with them, always seem to cause some pain." Her eyes cast downward toward the forest floor, drifting unfocused over the layers of old fallen leaves.
    xxx"But," She brightens as her eyes rising again. "nature has always been my friend. I can't accidentally offend them with my words, because their language isn't one I can speak. It's the sounds of the earth, the birds chirping out their song." Her eyes gloss over, as if she's remembering a fond memory, an old friend.
    xxx"The critters are my friends too. They're a little wary at first, but they get used to me after awhile, and I get to see parts of their lives most don't. The darkness is there for me, a friend I always have, once I get past the fear of shadows I can't see. It's a cold blanket, and there's nothing more peaceful than being out at night alone."
it also looks a little like it's based on a wolverine?
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Username: MotherMother
Your Post on Rollcall: Click!
Name: Rascal
Why: "Do you hear that?" Rascal whispered in a voice that he didn't use often.
"Silence," he breathed, embracing the melody of nothingness. "Silence comes when you are alone. And when you are alone, you can explore the depths of your inner being. Everybody likes to explore the world, but nobody takes the time to explore their own heart."
"...Everyone and everything bombarding you at once. It's uncomfortable. It's hectic. But when you're alone, you find your true self. You're not influenced by others. You're not trying to be more funny, or likeable, you're just... you. And you are beautiful. When you are stripped of what makes you talk differently or try to smile more, your core self and true heart shines through." Rascal closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

"Indeed, I love to be alone. I love to feel real and alive, not like an actor in a movie. Being alone takes me places I've never been before. I still love my family and friends with all my heart, and nothing will ever change that. But it's important to find and make time for yourself. That's how I feel, anyway."

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image