Barn Name: Dryad
    Height: 19.2 hh

Sire: Magic Clay
    Dam: Dancing Fire

Phenotype: Chocolate Palomino Sabino
    Genotype: ee | aa | Crcr | Sbsb
    Eye Color: Lifegiving Seedlings
    Breeding Notes:
    • All Golems are sterile! They can produce no offspring.

Seven lumps of magic clay, dancing flames on which they lay.
    Shamans magic infused by night, the witching hour called under blight.
    Fading earth and folk of bone, cries that lifted to an ignored throne.
    Life arose with power and might, summoned forth to cease the blight...

The Life Golem was summoned to counter the blight with growth, to enrich the soil once more and follow behind the pestilence with the hopes that by allowing the blight to starve itself the people would be safe. The Shaman who summoned him was a firm believer that to kill a beast of disease, it must run its course until it has nothing left to feed upon.

To win the Life Golem’s favor, you must do the following;
    • Name her appropriately.
    • Write or draw about her first summoning by her shaman many years ••ago. Minimum of 150 words if written.
    • One optional piece of work is permitted; any medium.

The Life Golem will not grant favor to those who own more than 25 drafts!
    Only members who own 25 or less drafts may enter.
    These drafts may not be bred! They were not born, they were created from clay and fire by Shaman centuries ago, and have since wandered their summoning grounds since the summoners tethered them to the earth.
    The era of this theme is more akin to the Stone Age through the Iron Age! This means metals were just being used, agriculture was recently birthed, hunting was a way of life for the people, etc etc. Keep to this theme, please!

Last edited by HowlingHooves on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( #914 ) Life Golem

Postby Veja » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 pm

withdrawing vuv
Last edited by Veja on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Username: JerseyDusk
x
x

Show Name: Bringer of Life
x
x

Barn Name: Dryad

x
x
x

First Summons:

It was no ordinary night in which the mystical palomino was summoned, she often thought of it almost fondly; though it was the true start to her life of hard work and heart ache. She had lived for so very long and had been so many years now that only she knew the true events of her birth. But there were four lines of prose passed down from generation to generation, one verse that described her creation and her life meaning. Forty-seven words combined is all the world knows of the mysterious mare, and yet it her birth was so much more than that...

"Seven lumps of magic clay, dancing flames on which they lay.
Shamans magic infused by night, the witching hour called under blight.
Fading earth and folk of bone, cries that lifted to an ignored throne.
Life arose with power and might, summoned forth to cease the blight..."

It was the time before time, or at least the time before modern times. The world was young and almost new, the air was filled with magic and wild; and on this night something new was created. The frame of a thin man was outlined in the light of a small fire, and the pain of his starvation seemed to radiate off him like the heat from the fire. The frail man lifted his chin to the sky and exhaled softly, the cold air frosted his breath which seemed to glisten as it fell. The glittering particles that came from his breath stayed alive on the clay at his feet, almost as if he had just gave it a breath of life. Unfortunately the man was not that talented in the ways of magic.

After the man steadied his breath, he started to speak indistinguishable words. Each time he repeated the incantation the fire beside him would flicker, the loud her got the higher it would grow. Just before the fire was as tall as he, the man picked up a piece of clay at his feet still glistening from his breath and threw it into the fire. As the clay hit the flame the man started to yell his chant, louder and louder and the fire danced higher and higher. A shape started to form in the flames that were now larger than life, though the heat did not scald a single object near it. The man's eyes glazed over as his chant rang out in vicious screams, and the shape of animal.

As the indistinguishable screams stopped as the animal lifted a limb and pawed out of the flames, the man's small figure fell in front of the giant beast in a huddled mass. Darkness fell over the barren land around the firepit, and the beast's body stood still watching the man's silent body. The beast walked forward and reached out to the man that made it. After what seemed to be a long while the man started to stir, even more decrepit than before. Slowly his eyes opened, and as they did a small flame returned to the pit; illuminating the area.

As light fell over the land, the magic man looked onto his creation and a smile played on his lips. In his face was the muzzle of a large draft mare, and he could have swore that there was a concerned on her face. The light colored horse helped the man stand, and he quietly whispered more foreign words that swirled around her in green waves. A spell to give the large mare the power of life. The spell of life gave the golden mare intricate green markings, surrounding her in great green clouds. Not only did the green vapor give her a marking on her cheek and green strands in her mane and tail, but it entered her nostrils and gave her a voice.

"My dutiful creation, can you understand me?" the man questioned. The mare nodded her head, as her tongue and mouth felt jumbled, after a few seconds of nodding the mare breathed out a quiet, "Yes." Laughter rang out as the man realized his magic came to fruition, the laughter sounded almost mad and it made the draft flatten her ear to her head. The man quieted down and smiled at the horse, "I am please to meet you, my wonderful Dryad." The palomino mare started to stretch her body and seemed to ignore the man's greeting, she was much more concerned with her new life.

The small man frowned at being ignored, but left the subject. "I have summoned you here to help me fight the blight that plagues our land, will you be so gracious?" The mare turned her head to him and a laugh came to lips, "And how am I too help you, small creature?" The man lifted his hands and once more began to chant, words still unknowable though the mare seemed to recognize them. She reared up as she figured out what the man was about to do, "No!" she shouted.

The man finished his chant, "My words give you my life in so that you can gave life to this world, please my Dryad do this for me." After he finished his sentence, the man collapsed in a shuddering mass. The draft trotted to him, and nuzzled his face again; trying to comfort the dying man. Before the man ended, the golden mare backed from the man and pawed the ground, leaving a small hole. She let out a breath of green vapor that swirled around the hole, when it cleared a small plant was in its place. The man smiled and with his final breath said, "Thank. you....my...Dryad."

Dryad, the golden mare, lifted her head to the sky and a small tear ran down her face. As it dropped it hit the shaman's body and greenery started to cover him. "No, don't go...", she whispered but in mere seconds her creator's body was gone and what remained was a magnificent flowering shrub. Dryad let her sorrow flood her for only another minute, and after that moment she turned tail and galloped off in the night. Her shaman gave his life to her, and she planned to fight 'the blight' that he mentioned; even though she did not know what she was to fight.
Last edited by JerseyDusk on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:20 am

Congrats Jersey!
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:30 am

ah thank you so much! I just want to keep writing about her, I am in love with the character she's becoming <3
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me