5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CWHR: All of a Flutter #1

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Horse #1- The Blackbird

Species Facts:
Common Name: Eurasian blackbird, common blackbird
Species Name: Turdus merula
Colouration: Males are black with yellow beaks and eye rings, females and juveniles are brown, often with speckles
Diet: Omnivorous- not fussy!!!

Ahh, the humble blackbird. A common garden visitor, this bird is often heard either singing its beautiful territorial song from high in the trees or chattering its alarm call at passersby. And also a personal favourite of mine, since our garden is often used as a crèche for the little ones as they learn what it takes to survive. Their familiarity brings me great comfort and it's easy to see why they keep making it onto the Top 10 Most Loves Birds of Britain!

To take this chap home there are two parameters that I will be judging. Firstly I will be judging your name choice, and how well it suits to character and/or appearance of the blackbird. Secondly, I want you to tell me how to tell the difference between an adult female blackbird and a juvenile one. After all, they have very similar markings and even I struggle sometimes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name (optional):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender (delete one option):[/b] Stallion/Gelding (3 breedings)
[b]Breed:[/b] Thoroughbred
[b]Colouration:[/b] Black
[b]Markings:[/b] N/A
[b]Genetics:[/b] EE/aa
[b]Tack:[/b] Black leather halter, with brass metal work and yellow topaz. Black feathers with yellow string
[b]How do you tell the difference between an adult female and a juvenile blackbird?:[/b]

End Date: 30th March 2018

Good luck! ^u^ <3
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: All of a Flutter #1

Postby .Intrigue. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:26 am

Username: .Intrigue.
Show Name: The Dead Of Night
Barn Name: Chogan
Breed: Thoroughbred
Colouration: Black
Markings: N/A
Genetics: EE/aa
Tack: Black leather halter, with brass metal work and yellow topaz. Black feathers with yellow string

How do you tell the difference between an adult female and a juvenile blackbird?: The juvenile is similar to the female, but has pale spots on the upperparts, and the very young juvenile also has a speckled breast.

.Intrigue.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me