6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#395 | Star Gazer

Postby KathrynKat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 am

Owner       >>>KathrynKat
Name                >>>Star Gazer
Gender         >>>Stallion
Adult Height     >>>190 cm
Coat color      >>>Grey with covering, paint markings,
and points. Minimal striking and yellow scratch paint.

   Blue Color Gene
Adoption Price         >>>x
Training         >>>x
  =====
  . Full of Energy
  . Proud
  . Night Owl & Loves the stars
  . Fun to ride at night
  . Collects shiny objects (be careful)
 Offspring;
 None

 Parents;
 - Sire
 - Dam

Covers Left;
 - Open
 - Open
 - Open
 - Open
 - Open

 [Discipline >>>>> ]
 [Shows Entered > R: W: E:]
 [Shows Won >>>> R: W: E:]
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First Touch

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:06 pm

Ooops I guess he never was trained, so I'll go ahead and do the 5 step training for this boy!

First Touch
Poker's water had just broke, so I went to prepare things incase she might need me to aid her. While I was gathering things to tend to her, I came back to 1 foal already born and she was started on the next one. I stood and watched Poker giving birth to her 2nd foal in the birthing pen. I sat on a bench nearby and just watched over to be sure everything went well. After the 2nd foal was born I noticed that the twins actually looked like twins. I called Logan to let him know that Poker had her foals. When we found out that Poker was having twins, I told Logan that he can have one of the babies. So I told him which one I wanted. After the call I sent a photo of the babies to him.

After about half an hour I entered the pen to greet Poker and her new born twins. I moved slowly towards both colts and gave them a few slow pets. I walked up to the one I wanted most and gave him some scratches behind his ear. While scratching his ear, he somehow could notice my shiny necklace even though he can't tell it's details of shiny, he for some reason seemed to take a liking to the object. After about twenty minutes has gone by, I gave Poker a final pet before leaving the pen to let Poker get a chance to relax with her babies.

The following days I'd visit Poker and her new born colts. Day by day I'd start to notice some of their personalities kicking in. Both colts were always full of energy and both fairly proud! Star Gazer seemed to take a liking to night time while his brother was more gentle and wouldn't be as rough with me whenever I played with them as they grew day by day. Each day I'd bring the babies some treats, and gradually introduced them to different goodies.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

First halter

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:52 pm

**First Halter**
When Star Gazer hit 3 weeks old, I started to get him use to the idea of a halter. I simply started with tossing Poker's lead around and over him anytime that I lead her around. Sometimes before putting the halter on Poker or removing it, I'd set the rope over his neck and back and move it around. He seemed to not be too bothered by it so I had started to lure him with treats to slip his nose into the halter on his own. Each time he had slipped his nose through the halter, I'd offer him a tiny slice of meat and reward with some pets and using my voice. I slipped the halter over his face a few times for a couple days before actually tying it off or tempting to walk him. After a few days total of preparing him, I had slipped the halter onto him and tied it then tossed the lead over his neck and let him get use to the feel.

While letting Star Gazer get used to his halter, I slipped Poker's halter on her then began to walk her around to try and redirect Star Gazer's attention onto his mom and not the halter being a strange object. He at first started to run around and kick. Suddenly the lead slipped from his back and fell under one of his feet and caused him to trip. He got up and started to learn to avoid the lead rope and slowed his pace down. I giggled and gave Poker a pat on the neck while watching Star Gazer go nuts full of energy. I walked Poker towards the gate of the pasture and waited for Star Gazer to notice us. After a couple minutes Star Gazer pranced on over. I gently grabbed his lead and tied it to his mom's lead. I unlatched the gate and lead Poker out.

Star Gazer started to act up soon as we left the pasture so I had tossed Poker's lead over her back then untied Star Gazer and just lead him slowly giving him plenty of rope to move around on his own. I pulled a slice of meat from a pouch on my waist and set it on Poker's back then directed her to walk away from us. The meat and Poker became a big draw to Star Gazer so we continued on to walk where ever Poker wanted to visit. Poker walked us to the front of the ranch to greet her grand mother ZeKorra. I let them socialize while I let Star Gazer nibble at random plants and chase random bugs. After a few minutes we had walked some more for the next ten minutes then headed back to Poker's pasture to let them back with their herd.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me