Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Dia.

Rise | #0014

Postby Dia. » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

This is an apprentice-aged kit, and she has a brother: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3717935
You can age them up after February 11.

Unfortunately if you do not have a founder and are not yet at Level 1, you can't try for her or her brother.

Write a story or draw a scene showing her and her brother meeting your clan's leader. If you win, you get to give her brother to the user of your choice (who has a founder and is at least at level 1.)
If both of you post a form, you have double the chance of winning and may swap kits if you end up with the kit you do not prefer.
End Date: January 31 Extended to February 5th

Code: Select all
Username:
Cat's Name:
Clan Thread:

Who do you want to give her brother to?

Story/Scene:

Username: katrione
    Cat Name: Laurelpaw
    Clan: Gorseclan

Description: Tortoiseshell with green eyes and white belly

Other Features: None
    Siblings: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3717935

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rise | #0014 | Competition

Postby sharklord » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 am

Username: ramos me with a bike
Cat's Name: Tansypaw/Tansykit
Clan Thread: xXxXx

Who do you want to give her brother to?: wolfpack12

Story/Scene:

xxxxIt was dark. Bumblestar paced around camp, trying to decide what to do. Hunt? Look for more cats to join him? He didn't have a clue. Finally deciding to hunt AND look for cats, the siamese leader trotted out of LightClan camp, only to run into two apprentice-sized cats. They huddled together in fear, and Bumblestar chuckled. "Oh, don't be so scared. I'm not going to harm kits." He purred, sitting down in front of the kits.
xxxxThey were still tense but sat, eyeing Bumblestar warily. "I'm Bumblestar, the leader of LightClan." said Bumblestar warmly. The tom-kit spoke first, saying "I'm Trout, and this is my sister, Tansy. Our mother was taken by wolves." Bumblestar's eyes widened. "That's terrible. My Clan recently fought with the wolves, and my father died." He responed.
xxxxThe she-kit coughed a bit, her eyes watering. "Are you okay, Tansy?" Bumblestar asked, unsure if she was crying or sick. Tansy nodded, running her paws over her eyes. "I just caught a cough." She muttered. Bumblestar smiled kindly at her.
xxxx"Would you both like to stay with me in my camp for a little bit? I could get you something for your cough." He offered, tail flicking. They were old enough to start learning to hunt, so he could either bring them with him, or leave them in the camp for bit. The siblings looked at each other, as if debating to trust him.
xxxxFinally, the tom-kit nodded. "We'll stay with you." Trout stood, and his sister followed Bumblestar back into the LightClan camp.
xxxxThey next day, Bumblestar let the kits explore, Tansy's cough already disappearing. He grew worried as the day went on and he couldn't find the duo. Eventually he gave up looking for them, and went to sleep. The next morning, he decided to check the borders of his clan, only to see the duo with a tawny she-cat like Tansy. Approaching, he sat down a few meters from his border.
xxxxTurning to the she-cat with Trout, Bumblestar studied her. "Hey, wait!" He called, hoping the two would stop. "I'm Bumblestar, I see you've met Trout and Tansy." He mewed, and looked down at Tansy kindly. "Are you going to stay with me?" Bumblestar asked.
Last edited by sharklord on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharklord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #0014

Postby Simonpet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 am

Username: Simonpet
Cat's Name: Emberpaw
Clan Thread: Sorrelclan

Who do you want to give her brother to? thank my lucky stars

Story/Scene:
Sorrelstar padded through the forests of her territory, careful to keep away from the human scents nearby. There were too many for her taste, but then, she had lived around humans her whole life before this. An unfamiliar scent entered her nose and she lifted her head, trying to determine the direction. By the time she had followed the scent to its source, she could hear another cat talking. Peeking around a tree and looking into the grassy lands before her, she could see a gray-and-white tom talking to two small kittens.

"Hello!" Sorrelstar said cheerfully, padding up to the three. "I'm Sorrelstar of Sorrelclan and I've been looking for some new members."

The tom smiled compassionately. "I'm afraid that I can't accept your invitation," he said in an even voice, "as I myself am a leader. Hailstar," he said in greeting. "Of Sageclan."

"And you are?" asked Sorrelstar, looking down at the two kittens. One was a tortoiseshell molly, while the other was a black-with-white tom. Both looked to be about five or six moons old.

"I'm Badger," said the tom proudly. "And that's my sister, Ember."

"Hi," said Ember quietly.

"Well, seeing as we found both of you," said Sorrelstar thoughtfully, "perhaps we could split them?" She turned to Hailstar. "You choose one and I the other?"

"But I don't wanna leave my sister!" said Badger, alarmed. "Would we never see each other again?"

Hailstar shot a questioning glance at Sorrelstar and she quickly shook her head. "No," he said in his calm voice. "We'd take you to see each other every..."

"Half-moon," said Sorrelstar quickly. "Every half-moon you could talk to each other and play with each other. Do you like that idea? And if you don't, then we could always give you the choice to leave our clans and be with your sibling."

Hailstar gave a huff of amusement but didn't protest. Though he didn't vocalize it, he too believed that it was for the best. The kittens would be able to grow up in protected environments, see each other as often as they wished, and reunite when they were older if they wished.

"I...like that?" said Ember, almost confused. "I mean, those flowers are pretty..." She drifted off, seemingly lost in her own thoughts.

"Then I'll go with Sorrelstar," said Badger bravely, "and I'll make sure to tell you if there are any monsters in the forest." His eyes widened and his fur fluffed up for further emphasis.

Hailstar and Sorrelstar laughed, although Sorrelstar was slightly louder and kept going for longer. Matter settled, Sorrelstar and Hailstar parted ways, taking their chosen kit with them.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thank my lucky stars » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 am

Username: thank my lucky stars
Cat's Name: ember
Clan Thread: sageclan

Who do you want to give her brother to? simonpet

Story/Scene:

ember scuffled her paws, nudging her brother in the shoulder. "come on badger, just a little more." she coaxed, earning a heated glare from him.

"i know that!" he said with a huff, then flicked his ear. "i just hate wandering with no destination in mind." ember rolled her eyes, flicking him in the nose with her tail.

"well, tough. not as if we have a home anymore." badger crossly shook his head. "yeah, but we could make a home. somewhere that i can fight off evil cats! grr!" he pounced on ember, and she squealed with laughter.

"get off, you big lunk!" she batted him with her paw, then jumped off when she heard a throat clear.

"excuse me for interrupting." a tall grey cat said, amusement in his tone. "my name is hailstar. where is your mother, young kits?"

badger jumped in front of her, his eyes narrowed. "we ain't got one nomore." he said, and the big cat dipped his head.

"apologies for your loss." ember stepped closer to the cat, her eyes wide. "you smell funny." she said, taken aback when badger hissed at her.

"oh my god, you can't just say that!" embers ear flicked, and she retorted, "well why not? it's true! he smells...pretty. like flowers or something!"

hailstar purred in amusement, then flicked his ear as they all heard pawsteps. a tortoiseshell molly peaked through the bushes, her golden eyes shining.

"hello! i'm sorrelstar of sorrelclan, and i've been looking for new members!" a question seemed to be in the statement, and hailstar smiled indulgently to her.

"i'm afraid i cannot accept your invitation, i am also a leader. hailstar, of sageclan." the molly turned to ember and her brother, a kind smile across her muzzle. "and you are?" she asked.

badger stepped in front of her and puffed out his chest. "i'm badger, this is ember. she's my sister!" embers eyes were wide as she looked at the molly, suddenly feeling shy.

"hi." she mumbled, giving badger a quick look. he didn't seem to notice, only having eyes for the molly called sorrelstar. privately, ember thought the flower cat was more interesting, but her brother always had been weird.

"well, seeing as we both found you, perhaps we could split them?" sorrelstar asked hailstar, her head tilted. "you take one and i the other?"

embers eyes widened, and badgers fur fluffed. "i dont want to leave my sister!" he cried, pressing closer to her. she leaned into his touch, scared but interested despite herself. "would we never see each other again?"

hailstar glanced at sorrelstar, and they seemed to have a conversation with just their eyes before turning back to them. "no." hailstar finally said, his quiet voice soothing embers worries. "we would take you to see each other every..."

"half-moon!" sorrelstar jumped in. "every half-moon you could talk to each other and play with each other. do you like that idea? if you don't, then we could always give you the choice to leave our clan and be with your sibling."

hailstar huffed once, his expression soft, and ember quickly glanced at him. she was kinda scared thinking about not being with her brother, but she really wanted to learn more about the pretty flower cat!

"i...like that?" ember said, her voice squeaking at the end when badger gave her a surprised look. "i mean, those flowers are pretty..." she explained ruefully to badger, who gave her ear a quick lick.

"then i'll go with sorrelstar." badger said, his eyes shining, "and i'll make sure to warn you if there are any monsters in the forest!" ember purred in amusement along with the leaders at her brothers antics, pushing away the sadness she felt when she thought of him not being near.

"i'll miss you." she whispered to him, and he cuffed her ear gently. "s'okay, you can go with the flower cat. i'm gonna be big and tough in the forest!" ember smiled at him, her heart pounding in her chest.

"i know you will! i guess i'll see you in half a moon. i love you!"

"i love you too!" he called, waving his tail as he walked behind sorrelstar, the two already headfirst into a conversation. ember turned to hailstar, a shy smile on her face. "hi." she whispered, and hailstar purred.

"hi," he replied, standing up and starting to walk. "come on ember, let's go home."

she/her pronouns • my kalons • stucky trash
thank my lucky stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 am

Username: weegeestar5
Cat's Name: cherry cherrypaw
Clan Thread: duskclan

Who do you want to give her brother to? dinolil1

Story/Scene:
The small kit picked her way amongst the coarse grass which stuck to her pelt. Her kit fur was fluffed up, masking her thin frame from those looking from afar. Her green eyes darted about, clearly interested in her surroundings. At one side of her there was a large expanse of moorland, with large boulders spread out lazily over the grass. On her other side was a lush forest; with a harsh sound of water reaching her ear-drums. A tail-length ahead of her was her brother, Bat. He trod along cautiously, well aware of the dangers that the wild can bring to any cat. After all, the wilderness had killed their parents. Cherry has always tried to remain cheerful, despite all that had happened to them within the short number of moons they had been alive. But even she could not shake off the memory of her father being whisked away during a flash flood. She had been powerless to save him, and lost sight of him before she could comprehend what was going on. She shivered slightly at the memory. 'If I never see a river again, it'll still be too soon,' she thought to herself. Ever since that tragic day, she had absolutely hated getting her paws wet; fearing that even the smallest puddle would swallow her whole. She glanced again at her brother. He had seen their mother die; an opportunistic hawk who had grabbed their still grief-stricken mother up into the air. She remembered how upset he was when he raced back to the gorse bush where they had been staying. Although he didn't say it, she knew her brother was more than happy to be away from the vast open skies over the moor.

She stopped from where she was walking and lifted her muzzle to sniff the air. A curious scent reached her nose, causing excitement to rise inside of her. "Hey Bat!" She meowed as she walked towards a patch of bracken, "come and smell this!"
Bat spun around, claws unsheathed - clearly ready to face any danger. The two of them had always promised to protect one another ever since they had lost their parents, and she knew that Bat was quicker to defend her than she was to him. 'Silly furball doesn't give me a chance to protect him first,' Cherry thought; purring slightly to herself. Upon seeing his sister's bright eyes, Bat's fur relaxed. Curious, he padded over to her and sniffed the bracken. "Smells like a lot of other cats," he commented uneasily.
Cherry's tail lashed about excitedly; happiness bubbling in her eyes. "They'll help us! We're saved!" She meowed happily; bouncing from paw to paw. She didn't understand the uncertainty that shadowed her brother's eyes.
"I don't know... Remember what momma said? Other cats can be dangerous." He meowed; flicking his tail uneasily, "it's better if we stay away from them."
"Surely not all other cats are hostile?" She replied, whiskers twitching in confusion, before adding in a teasing tone, "besides, I never thought you were easily scared."
"This isn't about me being scared, it's about us being safe. A place with this many cats can't be safe - they probably won't share with us." He replied in a matter-of-fact tone.
She opened her jaws to respond when she heard a soft rustle in the bushes. Bat hissed at the noise; ready to defend them both. Rolling her eyes at her brother's immediate distrust and wariness, she opened her jaws to scent the air, however was unable to distinguish anything from the strong scent of cats from the bracken. She gasped when she saw a lithe silver tabby tom step out from the bushes; his green eyes widening in surprise when he saw the two kits. Bat's black and white fur fluffed up, and he meowed warily, "we don't want any trouble."
"Can you help us?" Cherry quickly piped up from behind her littermate; to which he hissed under his breath. Huffing, she gave a sharp glance to her brother. The silver tabby opened his mouth to reply, before his eyes darted towards the other side of the small path.

Without warning, a gold-ticked tabby she-cat happily bounded out from the bushes and started to excitedly chatter. "Stormstar! You would not believe what I just saw! There were Twoleg kits playing this game and--" The she-cat broke off when her eyes fell onto the two kits.
Cherry shuffled her paws uncomfortably as the two adult cats stared at them in silence. 'Why do they look so sad?' She wondered to herself; looking at her brother, who still stood defensively in front of her, and then back at the strange cats. Grief was clear in their eyes as they both looked at the two kits.
Of course! Cherry noticed that the two strange cats were clearly well-fed and their pelts were sleek - despite the silver tabby's lithe frame, it was clear that even he had good hunting recently. This directly contrasted to their thin frame and dull pelts. The two hadn't been taught much about hunting before their parents had died, so they hadn't been able to eat much prey.

"What are your names?" The gold-ticked she-cat broke the silence as she slowly crouched down before them both and nudged them with her nose; her companion looking on the verge of tears.
"I'm Cherry and that's Bat!" She meowed happily; hope sparkling in her eyes. Cheerfully, she took a few pawsteps forward to stand beside her brother. She nudged him with her paw and whispered, "see? They're friendly."
"We still don't know that," he muttered under his breath, before repeating, louder, "who're you?"
"I'm Daisystar, and that furball is Stormstar." She replied; flicking her tail over to the lithe silver tabby tom. As a response, he simply gently purred at Daisystar. Whiskers twitching in amusement, she looked at the adult cats and saw the warmth in their gaze, and she knew that they had to be friendly, no matter what Bat said.
"Do all cats have 'star' in their name here?" Bat meowed; Cherry was happy to see that he was curious despite his wariness.
"Only leaders do, little kits," The silver tabby, Stormstar, meowed kindly as he stepped forward to stand beside Daisystar; his gaze bright and friendly.
'Leaders?' Cherry thought in confusion, 'leaders of what?' She saw her own confusion reflected in her brother's eyes. They had lived with their parents and then with one another. There had been no need for leaders within a small family group, so the idea was completely bizarre to her.
"Where are your parents?" Meowed Daisystar; raising her head to clearly seek them out amongst the undergrowth.
"Dead." Replied Bat bluntly; Cherry visibly winced at his tone; resting her tail on his shoulder in a vain attempt to comfort him. She saw the sympathy sparkling in the leader's eyes. Daisystar leaned towards Stormstar to meow something quickly into his ear, and he nodded.
"Would you like to stay with one of us? We could teach you how to hunt. I live on the moorside-" Stormstar nodded towards the hills on one side of him. "-And Daisystar lives in the forest, where she fishes a lot."
Suddenly, Bat hissed; his back arching up. "I'm not going anywhere near the moor," he snarled; taking the gentle leaders by surprise. Cherry edged closer to him and licked his ear to help calm him down.
"One of our parents died on the moor," she explained quietly, her cheerfulness vanishing like dew in the morning, "and... another died in the... river." She unsheathed her claws and dug them into the ground at the mention of river; unable to stop her fur from fluffing up in fear.

She still strongly considered their offer, though. Cherry knew they couldn't survive by themselves without some help for much longer. They were lucky to find scraps of food when they did. Her belly constantly yowled with hunger, and she knew how hungry Bat was getting too. But there was no way they could both live peacefully in the same area. She did not see her mother's death, so the idea of the open moorside did not cause her as much anxiety as the idea of being near a river did. She wondered if her brother felt the same - he would not feel relaxed under open skies, but perhaps near water he would feel at ease. The choices laid out in front of them were evidently not great. They could go off on their own way, but with their lack of hunting skills they would not survive long; they could both go into the same area, but one of them would almost surely be miserable the whole time; or they could split up, when they had always stayed at each other's side. 'Can we split up? We always promised to take care of each other...' She thought to herself, 'But the other choices are even worse.' She glanced at Bat; wondering if he shared her concerns.
"You could come with me back to the river," Daisystar meowed gently to Bat, before turning to Cherry, "and you could go to the moor with Stormstar. Is that better?"
Bat's eyes widened with dismay at what she said, and Cherry knew his thoughts as clearly as if he had yowled them out loud. Her tortoiseshell and white pelt was bristling with fear at being split up from her brother.
"Do we... do we have to be split up?" She meowed at the two adults. She knew - and appreciated - that they were trying their best, but it still seemed like a terrible outcome. Not the worst outcome, but not a great one, either.
"What if we let you two see each other?" Stormstar meowed suddenly; glancing at Daisystar, who nodded approvingly, "when you miss each other a lot, we could always take you to this border and yowl for them."
Cherry's eyes widened in disbelief. "Do you mean it? That's... okay?" She whispered. She was surprised that the two cats were making such generous offers, when they barely knew them. To her relief, she also noticed that Bat had begun to relax and no longer seemed extremely wary of the two cats. The two leaders nodded; purring.
"Let's meet up here tomorrow at sunhigh, then." Daisystar meowed, "today you can get settled in and have some prey."
Stormstar nodded in agreement. "And Daisystar can finish her story about the Twoleg kits tomorrow," he purred amusedly.

Cherry watched as both cats got up to leave, and turned to her brother. She affectionately touched her nose to his and butted his shoulder with her head. "Keep safe, furball," she meowed to him.
Purring, her brother replied with, "you too. Don't hesitate to come and see me." He gave her ear an affectionate lick and turned to face Daisystar.

A mixture of feelings itched beneath her pelt. She was happy that they were now safe, although she already missed her brother deeply. Shaking her head slightly to clear her thoughts, she turned towards Stormstar. His eyes suddenly lit up with an idea. Excitedly, he stepped towards her. "From this day forward, until you have earned your warrior name, you will be known as Cherrypaw. I will be more than happy to mentor you and teach you the ways of Duskclan." He meowed, his voice surprisingly calm despite his excited tail flicking, as he rested his muzzle gently on her head. She purred loudly and looked at her brother; amusement gleaming in her eyes to see Daisystar was saying the same thing to Bat - no, Batpaw - a few tail-lengths from her. Curiosity pricked at her paws - what did he mean by Duskclan, exactly? Looking at Stormstar's bright green eyes, she instinctively knew that he was an intelligent cat, and felt sudden eagerness to learn from him. She knew that in her heart they would both be safe. And, even though she would miss him, they would still see one another, as often as they wished. Her green eyes focused on the silver tabby tom, who was waiting for her. Without hesitation, she quickly bounded after him; feeling new strength in her veins. With one glance back, she yowled goodbye to her brother as she saw his tail vanish amongst the ferns, before turning towards the land that opened up in front of her. 'We'll be okay now,' she thought to herself happily as she followed Stormstar.
Last edited by weegeestar5 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpack12 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 am

Username: wolfpack12
Cat's Name: Tansypaw
Clan Thread: Crescentclan

Who do you want to give her brother to? ramos me with a bike

Story/Scene:

As the sun began to rise, the forest fell into an eerie silence. As if the very land itself, was waiting for something to happen. Almost as if it were frozen in time. However, the silence didn't last very long, as both insects and birds began to sing their daily chorus one after the other. Filling the forest with their differing songs. Causing the rest of the inhabitants to start waking up. Rabbits left the safety of their burrows, to start feeding on the plentiful amount of vegetation that surrounded them. Mice ran across the ground, and hid in bushes as they searched for berries. Fish swam down the daily currents of the river, their silvery scales shimmering under the morning sun as they continued their journey. Squirrels jumped from branch to branch, as they searched for nuts and birds rummaged the ground for worms to feed their young. While the forest's predators went around doing their daily activities. Whether it being hunting, sleeping or checking their respective borders.

By now, the forest had fully came to life. As if being woken up by all of the commotion its inhabitants were making. The warm golden light of the sun, shone through the trees needles. Causing shadowy patterns across the ground. However, this peaceful moment will not stay so for long. While a bunch of rabbits were happily munching away, at the dew soaked grass just outside of their burrows. They were unaware of the danger they were in. A danger that was slowly approaching from the shadows. The mostly dark coloured huntress moved carefully, slowly inching her way closer to her target. A rabbit with a slight limp. For now she was hidden, but the careful feline knew that if she waited too long, the wind will change and she will be out of luck. Tensing her muscles, she then counted down in the back of her mind. Watching as her prey came a little bit closer to her hiding spot. Before leaping out of her hiding spot, and towards her target. Claws out, and teeth at the ready.

Despite having an injured leg, the rabbit still moved quite fast. Causing the tortoiseshell she-cat to have to work a little bit harder, in order to catch her prey. The chase was both long and exhausting, but had luckily ended in success. Both head and tail raised high, Dawnstar happily carried her kill back towards her camp. While she may have been slightly out of breath, even her own exhaustion could not match the happiness that her stomach felt of finally having a fresh meal. She knew better than to eat her kill in the open. Considering that other predators would most likely smell the blood, and would try to steal it from her. However, her joy of finally catching something quickly ended, when her ear twitched to a distant noise. Causing her to pause in her step, as she turned her head in the direction the sound had came from. At first, there was nothing, but just as she was about to move again, the noise resurfaced. This time being recognizable, as it sounded as if someone was calling for help.

Narrowing her pupils in concern, the leader buried her kill next to a tree. So that she could come back for it. Before running off in the direction the sounds were coming from, despite the fact that her exhaustion from earlier was starting to take it's toll. The cries for help began to grow louder, the closer she got. Almost as if they were echoing. Upon reaching her destination, she was surprised to see two young cats stuck down a hole. The sides of the hole, bore clawmarks, from where its prisoners had tried to escape. The wet mud surrounding the edges of the gap, suggested that the two kits must have most likely slipped in by accident. Considering that there were small paw steps leading up to it. The bottom of the whole was slightly filled with water, and had caused both the young cats two have slightly muddied fur. But even from her position above them, she could tell that they had been trapped down there for quite a while now. For their smaller frames were shaking.

Afraid of them dying from either hypothermia or illness, Dawnstar decided to act quickly. Carefully moving to the edge, she dug her back claws to the best of her abilities, into the mud. Before slowly lowering her front half into the hole, trying not to grimace at the sound of the mud squelching against her fur. Upon hearing her, the two youngsters immediately tried to get away. To no avail, as the mud covered walls prevented them from getting far." Please don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you, my name is Dawnstar, I'm going to get you out of here", she said, soothingly. Upon noticing their distress, as well as the look of fatigue on their faces. Upon lowering herself halfway down, she then offered her front paws out towards them. Urging them to jump, and promising them that she will catch them. At first they hesitated, but the female of the two urged her brother to go first. Due to the fact that he was slightly smaller than her.

Dawnstar couldn't quite tell what their coat colours were, considering that the mud prevented her from seeing them. But from what she could tell, as she caught the young tom by the scruff. The female seemed to be a tortoiseshell like her, and the male seemed to be mostly black with a bit of white. Feeling her back legs start to slip, she then carefully pulled herself back out of the hole. While keeping a strong hold on the young tom, ensuring him that she wasn't going to let go. After putting him down, she then went back in to fetch his sister. With her being slightly heavier, from having kept most of the water away from her brother. Once both kits were safely back on dry land again, Dawnstar quickly urged them into the sun. Cleaning and picking away at the mud that clung to their fur. At first they tensed up, as if afraid she was still going to hurt them. But both soon began to relax, upon realising that the older cat truly meant them no harm.

" Are you alright? How did you get stuck in there?", Dawnstar asked. After she had dried them, and made sure that they hadn't caught any illnesses. She had carried taken them both to a hollowed out tree, where she had protectively curled up around the two. In order to keep them warm, comfortable and protected. Considering she had a feeling that they wouldn't of made it much longer, if they had walked all the way back to her camp. Upon hearing the question, the young she-cat glanced up at the leader and gave a small nod. A drowsy look coming over her features, from where she was nestled in-between the older she-cat and her brother." Yes, thank you, we were exploring the territory of a cat named Bumblestar, who helped me with my cough, when Trout saw a bird across the border and wanted to go catch it, we chased it for quite sometime, until I lost sight of my brother, it was only then that I realised he had fallen into that hole, I tried to get him out of it, but I couldn't reach him and ended up falling in as well", she replied. Upon realising that the young cat was about to start crying, and her body began to tremble again. Dawnstar dipped her head down, and gave a few licks to the younger cats forehead. Reassuring her, that both herself and her brother were safe and out of danger." Hey, now, it's alright, your safe with me, you were quite brave trying to rescue your brother, may I know your name?", she asked.

Trout glanced up, as he listened to the conversation the two females were having. His eyes half open, as exhaustion began to gain control over his body's functions. Releasing a small yawn, he snuggled a little bit closer into his sister and smiled a little. The days trauma now slowly fading from his mind, from the older cats reassuring words." Her name is Tansy", he murmured. Catching the attention of his two companions, before sleep finally overcame him. Releasing a small sigh, before tucking his nose under his tail. His black fur slowly rising and fallen, from the calm breaths that escaped him. Tansy smiled a little at her brother, before cuddling into him. Just to ensure that he was actually there and safe. Dawnstar couldn't help but gently chuckle, as she watched the two siblings. Before an idea came into her mind." If you'd like, I could take you both back to the border, and see if we can find your friend, I'm sure he is quite concerned about what happened to the two of you", she offered. Her pale green eyes slightly twinkled with amusement, within the dimly lit space. Her ears occasionally twitching, to every sound she heard.

Tansy felt her eyes widen a little, as she looked up at the older cat. Not quite sure on what to make of her offer, as she glanced uncertainly at the sleeping form of her brother. Before back at the she-cat, who was currently wrapped around them. Twitching her ear a little, she then tilted her head to the side." Really?", she asked. Upon seeing a warm nod in response. The young cat once more looked at her brother. Weighing the pros and cons, of accepting this strangers help. While she wasn't really keen on it, considering they had just met this stranger, she also knew that neither of them would last much longer. If they were left on their own. Mainly because they were still both skinny, and were currently down on their luck when it came to hunting. Besides, her brother would most likely want to stick with this stranger. Frowning a little in thought, she gave one final look over her options. Before looking back up at their saviour, who was patiently waiting for a response." Thank you, Dawnstar", she added. Dawnstar looked at the young cat, before nodding a little in understand.

After all, this decision was quite a big one, and wasn't an easy one at that. Pale green eyes watched both young cats, with both warmth and fondness. Giving one final lick to Tansy's forehead, she then rested her own head on her paws." Good, now get some rest, when you both wake up and have gathered enough strength to move, I will lead you back towards the border, you came from, once there I will do what I can in helping you find this 'Bumblestar'", she replied. Her own exhaustion beginning to take its toll, and she soon found herself in a losing battle against the warm embrace of sleep. Through half closed eyes, she watched as Tansy released a small yawn before falling asleep next to her brother. Smiling one last time, before closing her eyes and allowing her body to relax and rest. She will fetch her kill later, when she was certain that the two siblings weren't at risk of catching an illness. A warmness ran through her heart, at the very thought of finally having some company, even if it was only for a little while.

It was midday, when the trio were once more on the move. The forest wasn't as active as it was earlier, which meant that its inhabitants were either asleep or have finished their daily chores. However, the nearly peaceful silence, was rudely interrupted by the playful kits who tumbled through the foliage. Causing small insects and hidden prey to scatter, while releasing their cries of alarm. Walking behind the two kits, in a more silent manner, was their saviour, Dawnstar. Who occasionally stopped to check their surroundings, before moving on. Considering that it wouldn't take long for a coyote to spot the two younger cats. Especially with the way they were running around, making a whole lot of racket. Shaking her head, the tortoiseshell she-cat continued on her way towards the border. By now, both Tansy and Trout were starting to calm down from their excitement, and were now currently walking beside the older cat. Small heavy breaths were one of the few signs, that showed they had been running for quite some time.

Upon reaching the border, Tansy was the first to cross. Her bravery returning to her, upon realising that they were close to Bumblestars territory. However, Trout seemed less certain about leaving, and stopped at the edge of the invisible border. Something that didn't go unnoticed by either females. Turning around the young tortoiseshell looked at her brother with slight confusion. Green eyes meeting amber ones." Trout? What's wrong?", she asked. Tilting her head to the side, as the black and white tom took one step back. Both sadness and guilt shone in his eyes, as he shook his head. Despite only being in this territory for one day, Trout had actually grown to like it. He felt as if he belonged here, as if it were his one true home. He knew his sister wanted to go back. After all, Bumblestar had luckily saved her from getting a deadly illness, and therefore had earned her loyalty. But for him, it was Dawnstar that his loyalty belonged to." Tansy..... I want to stay here, with Dawnstar, I feel as if I'm needed here, as if I'm meant to be here", he replied.

Tansy flattened her ears a little in disbelief, as her eyes widened a little. After everything they've been through together, this was where they were parting ways. Even Dawnstar looked surprised, as her pale green eyes focused on the young tom." But..... but we promised mum that we would stick together!", she said. Her small paws once more beginning to shake, as the realisation began to dawn on her. That this was probably going to be the last time that she saw her brother. She didn't want to leave him, for she felt as if he were her responsibility to protect. To watch over and guide. Yet, here they were stood, at a crossroad. In the distance, she could hear Bumblestar calling out for them, no doubt finding them gone. Time was slipping away, yet it still felt as if an eternity had gone by when Trout finally replied." I know, but we've both grown up since then, it doesn't mean we still can't visit each other, we are only a distance away, it's just, you belong over there, with Bumblestar, and I belong here, surely you've felt it, this isn't goodbye, we'll still see each other again, alright?", he asked. Stepping over the border, in order to place his head on her back. In a felines version of a hug.

Dawnstar watched the two sadly, knowing exactly on what was going through both of their heads, at this very second. Glancing up, she watched as a Siamese tom moved into view. Stepping out of some bushes, as he looked around for the two missing kits. Before his blue eyes finally landed on both her and the two siblings. Releasing a small sigh, the tortoiseshell lowered her head, so that her eyes met those of Tansy and gently smiled. In order to comfort the younger cat. Before either herself or Trout could even begin to walk back into the forest, something else caught their attention." Hey, wait!", a voice called out. Causing the older she-cat to look up, and to be face to face with the siamese tom. Who had quickly walked over to them, upon recognising both Tansy and Trout from a distance. Lifting her head back up, she evenly matched the older toms gaze. Watching him respectively stop, just at the edge of the border." I'm Bumblestar, I see you've met Trout and Tansy", he added. While there was a soft look within the toms blue eyes, as he looked fondly at the two younger cats. There was more serious look within Dawnstar's own ones.

" Yes, I have, they fell into a hole within my territory, and I managed to get them out of it, so your the one they mentioned so much about, the one who helped them, my name is Dawnstar", she replied. Before giving a glance towards the siblings, as Tansy moved to the tom's side. The older tom in turn, gave the small she-kit a warm smile in return as he looked down at her. Blue eyes shining within the golden rays of the sun. Even from a distance, he seemed to know on what was going on. For his smile was gentle and comforting." Are you going to stay with me?, he asked, softly. Tansy gave her brother a quick glance at her brother, uncertainty showing within her green eyes. But when she turned her gaze back up at the older cat, who was sat beside her. That very uncertainty seemed to have vanished." Yes, I am", she replied. Her voice shook a little, from the raw emotion that threatened to strangle her. But her eyes burned with a fierce determination, as she steadily met his gaze.

Dawnstar nodded her head in approval, of the kits brave decision. Before wrapping her mostly black tail around the younger tom, her own fur colour nearly blending into his. Her attention now focusing back onto Trout, who had kept unusually quiet at her side. Finding his paws to be of more interest than the actual conversation." As Tansy has mentioned, she wishes to remain with you, while Trout wants to come back with me, as leaders, I'm certain that we will be able to arrange something, so that the two siblings will be able to visit one another without much conflict, but for now, I think it is best that we give them the chance to say their goodbyes, and to let them rest for the day, we can talk more tomorrow, when we have more time and when the pain of separation has slightly passed", she added. Hoping that the older tom would understand, that both Trout and Tansy needed some time by themselves. In order to come to terms with the news. Mainly because they wouldn't be able to focus properly, if they were to be constantly reminded of their separation. But also, so that both kits would be able to adjust to a life, without living together side by side." Agreed", Bumblestar replied, after some hesitance.

From the corner of her eye, Dawnstar watched the younger female nuzzle into her brother one last time. By now, tears were starting to form in both of the siblings eyes. Then Tansy took one shaky step backwards, and turned around. Before returning to Bumblestar's side, announcing that she was ready to leave, while fighting back her tears as she looked over her shoulder. Trout watched on, as his own tears began to run down his cheeks. This had not been an easy decision, both siblings knew that. But it was for the best, if they both felt at home in their respective territories. Dawnstar released a small sigh, before standing up and nodding a small farewell to both the other leader and Tansy. Pale green eyes watching them carefully." Good, I wish you both the best of luck, on your journey back home, this is farewell for now, until we meet back here again tomorrow", she said. The tortoiseshell then turned around, and started to walk back towards the safety of her foliage. Before casting one glance back at the young tom, who still seemed as if he was frozen in time. Before finally beginning to Stand up, Trout then smiled softly at his sister one last time." Until tomorrow, sister", he said, softly. He then turned around, and followed after Dawnstar.

Dawnstar gently nudged the young tom, in a comforting manner as they both continued on their way. Barely hearing the reply of his sister, as they disappeared from sight." Until tomorrow, brother!", she called out, her voice faint on the wind. The older tortoiseshell, moved slowly as she glanced back at her companion. Who had by now, fallen into a grief stricken state. Releasing a small sigh, Dawnstar slowed down further, until she was matching the young toms own pace. Both falling into a comfortable silence, as the birds chirped away above them. Pale green orbs kept an eye out for danger, while amber ones stayed focused on the ground. It wasn't until they were nearing the camp's entrance, when she finally decided to break the silence." It will hurt, and your new journey will not be an easy one, but if things go well tomorrow, then at least both you and your sister will get to visit each other, but even though you are in different clans now, that doesn't mean that your still not siblings, for nothing in the world, not even the spirits themselves, will ever take that away from you, if you don't feel like sleeping alone tonight, then don't be afraid to come into my den, even if it is only for a little while, until you get back onto your feet", she said.

Causing the tom to look up at her, as he listened to her each and every word. Taking them into consideration, as if they had been spoken by someone long ago. A smile sad, yet tired smile appeared on his face. Even though his heart still hurt from the days events, he at least felt comforted by Dawnstars support. His amber eyes seemed to twinkle, as the fire returned to them. Making them look as if they were two miniature suns, amongst a coal black sky." Thank you, Dawnstar, that means a lot, it really does", he replied. Causing the older she-cat to smile a little, as she gave a comforting lick to his head. As she had done to keep Tansy calm. The pain of his decision will definitely stay with him for quite some time. But at least he was on the road to recovering from it, and hopefully, both himself and his sister will get to see each other very soon. After all, who knows on what the future will hold for them?
wolfpack12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Due to my own busy schedule and wanting as many people to have a chance as possible, I am extending this to February 5th. c:
Don't forget you can join in on our discord to find a partner and plot!
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 am

Username:
Katrione

Cat's Name:
Laurel, Laurelpaw

Clan Thread:
Gorseclan

It depends on who it looks like they really want him, so probably weegeestar5

Story/Scene:
Palestar paused, raising her head and looking around curiously. Her black ears twitched as she tried to pick up the sound she had heard. The white she-cat lashed her tail and lowered her head back to the field mouse she was eating, taking another bite. The Gorseclan leader's head shot back up when she heard There it was again

She scraped dirt over the remains of the fresh-kill and began to move deeper into the heather. "Who's there?" She called out, her claws unsheathing slightly as the fur along her spine bristled. No one replied to the leader but she could clearly hear paws scampering off away from her. "Wait!" She called out, launching herself off after whatever had been following her all morning. Palestar quickly caught up to the little stalker, pouncing on it and pushing its muzzle into the grass before she realized that it was a young kit, barely old enough to be an apprentice.

Palestar gasped and scrambled back when the kit let out a wail. "Oh, no. Are you okay?" The white she-cat grabbed the kit by her scruff and set her back on her paws, gently brushing the dirt off of her muzzle with her tail. "Why have you been following me?" Palestar questioned. "Where are your parents? Are you alone?"

"I don't know." The tortoiseshell whimpered, her green eyes fixed on her paws. "And no, my brother is here somewhere." Palestar frowned slightly and circled the young she-cat, sniffing curiously at her for injuries or any signs of where she came from.

"What's your name?"

"Laurel. Who're you?"

"I'm Palestar, I'm the leader of Gorseclan, or what will be Gorseclan once I find more clanmates." Palestar mewed, finally settling down in front of the tortoiseshell she-cat.

Laurel's eyes lit up at the mention of clanmates. "Clanmates? You're a Clan cat?" She gasped, her eyes wide in awe. "I haven't seen many Clan cats before. My mom use to be one but her Clan isn't here anymore." Palestar smiled slightly and was about to reply when she suddenly felt a weight on her shoulders and heard a yowl in her ear.

"Get away from my sister!" The voice yowled. Palestar rose to her paws, trying to buck her attacker off. Laurel jumped to her paws, yelling something at the attacker but Palestar couldn't focus on what she was saying to catch the name she was saying. Finally, Palestar bucked off what turned out to be a black and white tom that was the same age as Laurel by the looks of it. Laurel darted forward, whacking the black and white tom on the head, an angry look in her eyes. Palestar smirked slightly, guessing that the tom in question must be the young tortoiseshell's brother.

"She wasn't attacking me, you mouse-brain." Laurel snapped, lashing her tail angrily. "She pounced on me at first but she's okay now. She's nice. And a Clan cat!" Laurel gushed, her tail swishing excitedly in the grass and heather. The black and white tom glared at Palestar over his shoulder then rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Laurel, let's go. We need to find somewhere to stay for the night."

"You can stay with me." Palestar butted in, a hopeful look in her eyes. Laurel and the tom looked at her in surprise. "I haven't found any cats to join Gorseclan yet and it's been awfully lonely. It would be nice to have the company." Laurel looked at her brother, a pleading look in her eyes.

The black and white tom groaned before getting to his paws. "Fine, but just for tonight."
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Katrione wrote:
Username:
Katrione

Cat's Name:
Laurel, Laurelpaw

Clan Thread:
Gorseclan

It depends on who it looks like they really want him, so probably weegeestar5

Story/Scene:
Palestar paused, raising her head and looking around curiously. Her black ears twitched as she tried to pick up the sound she had heard. The white she-cat lashed her tail and lowered her head back to the field mouse she was eating, taking another bite. The Gorseclan leader's head shot back up when she heard There it was again

She scraped dirt over the remains of the fresh-kill and began to move deeper into the heather. "Who's there?" She called out, her claws unsheathing slightly as the fur along her spine bristled. No one replied to the leader but she could clearly hear paws scampering off away from her. "Wait!" She called out, launching herself off after whatever had been following her all morning. Palestar quickly caught up to the little stalker, pouncing on it and pushing its muzzle into the grass before she realized that it was a young kit, barely old enough to be an apprentice.

Palestar gasped and scrambled back when the kit let out a wail. "Oh, no. Are you okay?" The white she-cat grabbed the kit by her scruff and set her back on her paws, gently brushing the dirt off of her muzzle with her tail. "Why have you been following me?" Palestar questioned. "Where are your parents? Are you alone?"

"I don't know." The tortoiseshell whimpered, her green eyes fixed on her paws. "And no, my brother is here somewhere." Palestar frowned slightly and circled the young she-cat, sniffing curiously at her for injuries or any signs of where she came from.

"What's your name?"

"Laurel. Who're you?"

"I'm Palestar, I'm the leader of Gorseclan, or what will be Gorseclan once I find more clanmates." Palestar mewed, finally settling down in front of the tortoiseshell she-cat.

Laurel's eyes lit up at the mention of clanmates. "Clanmates? You're a Clan cat?" She gasped, her eyes wide in awe. "I haven't seen many Clan cats before. My mom use to be one but her Clan isn't here anymore." Palestar smiled slightly and was about to reply when she suddenly felt a weight on her shoulders and heard a yowl in her ear.

"Get away from my sister!" The voice yowled. Palestar rose to her paws, trying to buck her attacker off. Laurel jumped to her paws, yelling something at the attacker but Palestar couldn't focus on what she was saying to catch the name she was saying. Finally, Palestar bucked off what turned out to be a black and white tom that was the same age as Laurel by the looks of it. Laurel darted forward, whacking the black and white tom on the head, an angry look in her eyes. Palestar smirked slightly, guessing that the tom in question must be the young tortoiseshell's brother.

"She wasn't attacking me, you mouse-brain." Laurel snapped, lashing her tail angrily. "She pounced on me at first but she's okay now. She's nice. And a Clan cat!" Laurel gushed, her tail swishing excitedly in the grass and heather. The black and white tom glared at Palestar over his shoulder then rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Laurel, let's go. We need to find somewhere to stay for the night."

"You can stay with me." Palestar butted in, a hopeful look in her eyes. Laurel and the tom looked at her in surprise. "I haven't found any cats to join Gorseclan yet and it's been awfully lonely. It would be nice to have the company." Laurel looked at her brother, a pleading look in her eyes.

The black and white tom groaned before getting to his paws. "Fine, but just for tonight."

This is a really cute story. Congratulations! Let me know who her brother will be going to!
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 am

I would love to give her brother to Weegeestar5 :)
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me