Sheer #105 - tardisonameter by lost in time.

Based on Click to view
Artist lost in time. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sheer #105 - tardisonameter

Postby lost in time. » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:05 am

species description wrote:A cloven hooved, winged mammal, Sheer are (you guessed it) a hybrid between Sheep and Deer. This species' purpose is to walk within people's dreams, in order to watch over the events that occur in them. (This includes daydreams!) They do this so that they can vanquish any evil energies/spirits which try to invade dreams, in order to make sure that their Protected is free of nightmares or anxiety-inducing dreams. This makes them an overall compassionate species, meant to guide and protect human beings. They are adept at removing anxieties, depressive thoughts, or doubts within a human, making them the perfect comfort companion.

These creatures are found all over the world and have adapted to be able to survive within any climate. They are extremely dedicated and hardy creatures, and will change themselves if it means they can care for their Protected better. This is easy for them, however, because their genetic makeup is quite easy to change.

this sheer will be a prompt contest !! you have to show me through art or writing how this sheer is "in the snow"... interpret that as you wish, i can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :00

Code: Select all
username:
name:
response to prompt ("in the snow"): [one art piece or 500 words of writing]

as it says in the form, you may have one art piece or up to 500 words in writing. art pieces can be whatever you like and are allowed a small description.

end date is january 30
(extension given)
Last edited by lost in time. on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image
lost in time.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sheer #105

Postby invincible llama » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:11 am

username:
    name:

res

holy crap this is fudging gorgeous????

dont talk to me pls & than kyew <3
xxxrͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭ
rͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭxxx

Imagexrͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭ
rͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬͬaͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣͣtͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭͭxImage
invincible llama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bellumii » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:36 am

marking to see winner ~

------------------------------------
ask / jbds / dA / lost / windy
------------------------------------
••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ☆☆☆ •••••••••••••••••••••••••
--------------------------------------
hi! My name is now bellugia (yes, I'm
unfortunatefoxtamer! And yes, the
name's a mix between beluga & lugia.)
Feel free to call me bellu, or even
stick with the old UFT. Or mix the two
to make belluft. I don't care really!
I own five JBDs, Tangelo, Soul, Roswell,
Pepper and Morganna. If you ever want
to chat, feel free to shoot me a PM! ♥

--------------------------------------

commissions: closed / open
    art trades: closed / open
    accepting JBD agings?: yes / no
    (agings on hold-life is busy)
bellumii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaz(: » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

username: Raven's Wing
name: Sheila (Shee-la)
response to prompt ("in the snow"): Sheila loves life. She knows it's not all happy, but it's not all bad either. Albeit, she has recently found herself crashed into a snowbank in life (metaphorically). She is in a bad situation, with snow piled up all around her. Things are getting heavy. It's hard to move. All that is around her is numbing her to the outside world. As much as the snow is hurting her, she knows the snow can be fun, a thing that brings joy. In fact, at that very moment, she could here children laughing, playing not to far away. She just has to learn how to use what's around her to her advantage. She let it get to dangerous. Wasn't careful. She now needs to find a way out of this cold, damp mess. She has to move in order to do that, so she starts to wiggle. Then waggle a little, so not only has she gotten blood moving, but she has made a little room for herself. Next is to make sure she can breathe good and well. She looks around, and seeks a stick she didn't see before. She pulls if towards her, then shoves it up. A small (very small) hole to breathe! The snow is wet, so it can easily be packed. She can make a solid surface below her. She starts to stamp out what is beneath her as much as she can. Now she can at least move to another position. A different angle. She realizes, looking at it differently, that there is more light coming through in some areas then others. That means the snow must be closer to the surface. She musters enough strength to but her head up hard enough to make a good sized hole, and it all starts coming down from there. She is free!
Sometimes life can get you down, and the situation you put yourself in is toxic. Other people have found ways to turn it around, and so can you. Make sure you have some connection, something positive to think of. Something to show you there is hope. Next, prepare yourself. You don't know what's coming next, so get a good base underneath you, something you can rely on. After that, look at things differently. Almost like you are looking for the milk in the fridge, and you don't see it at first. Move the yogurt, and the cheese too. Still don't see it? Try looking around the butter...and there it is! All you had to do was find another way to see it! Then find the weak spot in this cage life has got you in. Every situation has one. Find it, and weasel your way out from there. Now, make good with what you have, and avoid more toxic places.

Oh wow, I just started typing and went a bit...deeper than I thought...yikes! I hope that chunk of text is not too intimidating. And I also hope at least one sentence in there makes sense. I have literally no idea where all of that came from, I have had no experiences like that...anyway, I hope someone out there likes it!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
♫ Hi! I'm Kaz.
I love animals, acting, singing and
dancing, reading and trading! I hope you
have a nice day/night! Trade Thread

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
━━━(𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝔂'𝓼)━━━━Image

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

𝓘'𝓶 𝓪 𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓷!
creds
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ • Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

kaz(:

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tardisonameter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:35 am

username: tardisonameter
name: Freya
response to prompt ("in the snow"):

Freya has confusing emotions towards others.

She can love someone with all her heart, truly adore them. But as much as it troubles her, she has to interact with them personally day to day. Without that regular contact, the love becomes more cognitive and less emotional.

It’s not something she’s proud of or even okay with. She feels disgusted that her emotions and affection are so volatile. For the loved ones she interacts with daily, it’s not a problem. But after someone spends a week or two away, regardless of heartfelt letters or phone calls, something in her begins to numb. Like she’s buried in snow. She may know she cares about them, but her chest doesn’t warm at the thought of them like it used to.
It can be heartbreaking to someone on the other end.

When the pet names and affectionate words they’ve come to love suddenly stop, through no fault of their own.

Her last phone call with a loved one on a trip:

“Hey, sweetheart. How’ve you been?”

“Fine. You?”

“I haven’t seen you in weeks. When will we be together again?”

“…What are you doing?”

“…
I’m just lying in bed talking to you.”

“That’s nice. I’m glad you’re relaxing.”

“You didn’t answer me.”

“What?”

“I asked when we’ll be together again.”

“Oh. I don’t know.”

“Okay.
I’m sorry if I seem clingy, I just miss you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“…
Do you miss me?”

(a small sigh)
“Yeah, of course.”

“Okay.”

“I have to go. Thank you for the call.”

“Of course. I wanted to hear your voice, love.”

“Maybe we’ll talk more soon. Goodbye.”

“…
Goodnight. Sleep well.”

It’s something unfair, how distance can push other people away against their will. Steal away love without asking first. And she’s doing what she can to work on it. With time together, usually it thaws again and she remembers the feelings she had before.

But too much time away, and she’s buried in snow and ice again.
tardisonameter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LonelyGuldfisk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Marking. Might try make time for this.
LonelyGuldfisk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firealone » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:55 am

username:Firealone
name:Angel
Firealone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 am

Ahh, I wasn’t able to finish even with the extension, oh well, early congrats to whoever wins! :D
Last edited by Jippy on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hestialuna » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 am

username: Hestialuna
name: Elena
Elena looked through the forest. It was beautiful when it snowed, with white branches and the thick snow drifts obscuring the forest floor. She trotted forwards, on her way to her favorite thicket. She new the way well, and in her favorite weather (snow) she took her time, not wanting to ignore any details. She made her way across the path, and it crunched beneath her feet. She sighed with happiness as she let the cold seep into her. Elena’s thick fur protected her from the cold, so it felt refreshing to her, like a nice breeze. The snow fell off of several branches, so she looked up and saw a gap into the sky. She gasped, the forest tree tops were so tightly knit together, that she wasn’t able to often go out through the sky. She spread her wings and soared up. It was beautiful. The sky was bright and blue, with only wisps of clouds. The treetops glistened and sparkled in the sunlight as she flew over them. Her fur was whipped in the wind and she closed her eyes, enjoying the moment. Her favorite thicket was not far now, only several wing beats away. She dodged the branches and swooped into the glade. The area was comforting to her and she had been coming there since she was little. It was beautiful in the snow, with tiny icicles hanging from all the branches. The glade was a comfort space to her, and she often came here for hours to contemplate and think. She was a big dreamer, and thinking about things was important to her, she needed time to make decisions. Elena lay down on her back with her legs in a curled pattern. This was her space, her magic, her happiness. In her quiet thicket, Elena was peaceful.
Hestialuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lost in time. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:19 pm

will be giving a five day extension for those who need it !! i will now close for judging on the 30th
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image
lost in time.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me