SCS Re-Adopt #130: Chow Chow-Siberian Husky Mix by ~HєуRєι~

Based on Click to view
Artist ~HєуRєι~ [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SCS Re-Adopt #130: Chow Chow-Siberian Husky Mix

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
After much consideration, i decided that Laur would be better off being re-adopted as i have not used him in writing or given him the love he deserves. I know he will go to a better home than mine <3
PROMPT: How did they end up at the shelter? [My Extra Policy]

☁Lady Raincloud☁ wrote:Username: ☁Lady Raincloud☁
Name: Goswin or Hartwin
Sex: Male
Collar: A very plain white collar, but a small golden bell hangs from the center.
How did they end up at the shelter?:
Goswin was born to the family that kept, rinsed and loved him. He'd never been anywhere else, it was home. He had a mother and brother who lived there too. His other siblings got adopted soon as they were old enough.

He had a special job. The family lived far from other humans- least it felt far to Goswin- up near the mountains. His master trained him well- he assisted with some hunting and some guarding, but also as a messenger. He loved the job and it became a game between his owners and the townsfolk who lived a couple miles down hill. Usually he'd go out hunting with his master, then his master would send him to town with some paper and an order of who to bring it to. That, or a message back home to the house, the kids always gleeful to find out what their father was up to when he was away from home for a long while.

The whole town knew him. He was unmistakable running down hill, his bright fur gleaming when the sun hit it, and the message strapped to him on a little vest he would wear. He'd bark and howl kindly all all they waved and laughed, and soon the message was delivered.

Something went wrong though. One day he was sent to town with a message and smelled something odd. It was heavy and made him gag. He recognized it as fire only because he'd smelled it on long winter nights by the fireplace. He assumed someone was cooking or warming themselves.

He was wrong. The town was burning and he stared on in fright as fire blazed in from the woods. In the confusion, he was jostled and yelled at by the men and women running, and soon found himself running into who knows where. He ran and ran from the fire, and soon he was bewildered and confused. His fur was singed and his collar had come off when a man tried to drag him away from the embers. Not wanting to loose it, he grabbed it in his teeth, only to find it was battered and burnt. He tried to track his way home again, but hours later he was still just lost in the forest. Occasionally he thought he smelled the flames following, and kept on running.

The shelter found him a few days walk from his town. He had no identification and, as he was starving and tired, they took him there. They called him Hartwin- he wore a tag which said 'win' on it, but the rest seemed to be melted off. Goswin doesn't mind this. They're good people. But he fears he'll never find his home again.

Genes
'Red with Light Undersides'
KKbr // ee // Bb // dd // slsl // AyAw // SSi // mm // rr // TiTi // CC // gg // UU
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Re-Adopt #130 -- Chow Chow-Husky Mix

Postby /Aster/ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:46 pm

unfortunately, have to drop due to lack of time but congrats to whoever wins this pup!
Last edited by /Aster/ on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Dream Of Flight
/Aster/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Username: aviate
    Name: Versace
    Sex:
    Collar:
    How did they end up at the shelter?: [min 20, max 700]
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluekittyhorse » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Username: Bluekittyhorse
Name: Demi
Collar: A leather collar with a gold charm in the shape of the Cursive letter D
How did they end up at the shelter?: He had a family once, that was before he got in a fight with this weird cat and being stuck in Trespan and Jorlarem for a year. Eventually his old owners had given up on finding him and got a new dog. So, he was pretty much a stray when he got out of Jorlarem, having to live in the shadows and alleyways. But the dog-catchers eventually nabbed him and brought him to Second Chance Shelter. They couldn't find a chip on him or his adoption records so now he's stuck there till someone adopts him. He's given up hope of getting adopted again, but he might just be wrong.
Bluekittyhorse
~Common nickname is Blue
~She/Her
~Aegoromantic Aegosexual
~Artist and Writer
~A part of a lot of different fandoms

Bluekittyhorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Username: Golden-Boy
Name: Laursen
Collar: Collar like this, but replaced with the name "Laursen" x
How did they end up at the shelter?: [700/700]
Laursen was originally bought by a family of three from a breeder, claiming that the family would be receiving a purebred Chow-Chow for their eldest daughter, who was a spoiled little brat who only wanted a purebred dog so that she could enter them in shows. The daughter was at first ecstatic when the tiny puppy came home. The parents, however, were not as happy once they realized what they had received. The parents were absolutely livid at the seller when they realized they had gotten a mixed-breed. They wished for their money back and for the seller to take back the dog, but the parents also did not wish to make their daughter upset by telling her that she did not get the purebred she wanted. The child was blissfully unaware of Laursen's genetics, giving him love and affection, and even taking control of walking, feeding, and getting him drinks. She'd often even ditch her friends for the canine. One day, however, Laursen was found on the ground, shaking and moving in a way that immediately made the daughter cry out that they needed to take him to the vet. The daughter believed that Laursen was dying.

When the family arrived at the vet, the final line was crossed over. The veterinarian told the family that Laursen had Idiopathic epilepsy and that what the family has witnessed was actually an epileptic seizure. The parents, of course, did not want to pay any more than they needed to for the mixed-breed they had never wanted. When they left the vet, the parents finally admitted to the daughter that Laursen was a mixed-breed and that they didn't tell her so she wouldn't get upset. The child was furious and lashed out in anger at everyone in the car. She yelled at her father for not telling her, she yelled at her mother for getting the "wrong dog", and she yelled at Laursen, yelling that she wished he had died. By the end of the car ride, Laursen was scared, but he attempted to leave with his owner, thinking that he could calm her down. But the father kept him inside the car against his will, telling the child that she'll get her pure-bred within the next month. Laursen was abandoned by the side of the road near a forest that night by the family's father, who would claim that it was for the best that a dog with such a condition is left out to die.

Unfortunately for the father, Laursen was seen not so long after, by someone driving while going to their parent's house. The driver got out, noticing that the dog was not well, and clearly shaken up. Not knowing how to help a dog like this, and seeing no tag, he called a friend of his in the area to help him find someone who can help rescue the dog. Laursen, during the small-scale rescue involving only about 3 people, panicked and tried to run, but disorientated, slammed into the parked car. While in a state of disorientation, he was lead into a cage and put inside of the car, with someone in the back to monitor him. Laursen eventually fell asleep in the car, as the drive to the closest animal hospital was a bit away.

When he woke up, Laursen was on a table and was being checked out by doctors for fleas, lice, and the like. Those at the animal hospital found out that Laursen had epilepsy, and cared for him as best they could, so he could be adopted and find a family that could take care of a dog with such a condition. The hospital had contacted the shelter about the dog, and the shelter, known for being able to give every animal a new home, and a home where they're loved, took Laursen in. After giving the dog a tag, making it clear to see that he was a victim of epilepsy, Laursen was officially welcomed into his temporary home at the Second Chance Shelter. He may not have had a good first family, and he may have been badly hurt. But now he finally had his second chance at life.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:00 pm

Username: Wileyfangs
    Name: Lady Luck (Ariana)
    Collar: X

She admits she wasn't the nicest dog when she was trapped in her owner's yard. In fact she was probably one of the worst dogs to have around. Her temperament was terrible and she had a nasty bite but she couldn't help that.

At first her owner liked it, certain that she'd guarantee protection to the family, but Lady Luck was anything but at first. And that scared him. She was a troubled dog, a dog who had seen far too much in cages than without. At first he thought she was simply just stubborn but when he looked up the shelter he had gotten her from he was horrified by what he found. Lady had been in dog fights for far too long. He wasn't a naive man, he'd read up on such things but he had never known. He felt a burning shame run through him when he glanced at her, angry and fierce barking out of fear and anger. He hasn't been taking care of her properly at all.

Lady hadn't remembered him ever being so nice before but that night he'd held her and had taken her inside. The last few days she spent in that house were good ones, she knows. Being taken on long walks and going different places. It was obvious her owner wanted to start anew. Wanted to fix things, wanted to fix her. But his wife hasn't liked it, never liked her and with a baby on the way she told him he had a choice. Either her baby or his dog.

Later that night, Lady sat in the front seat in the car and glanced at her owner who looked so terribly upset. He kept apologizing, murmuring nonsense but Lady....Lady knew. He hadn't known. She was thankful the car wasn't moving as she calmly stepped over and sat in his lap. Leaning back against him she looked up at her owner and tried to lick his face, exposing her belly. Maybe it was too late, but at least he knew her now, she thought as he rubbed her belly.

The pound he took her to was way better than most pounds, and Lady had gone through enough of them to know that much. She licked her lips feeling slightly uncomfortable and growled warily. Her owner gently hushed her and gave her a treat. She supposed that worked, as she relaxed. She wouldn't lie, seeing her owner hand over her leash had been hard and she almost wanted to act out, run back to his car. But she was a dog of principle. Had to be.

She hasn't seen him again after all of that and after taking a few obedient classes and even some temperament ones she's a different dog than how she used to be. She just hopes she's the right dog this time.
Last edited by Wileyfangs on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 am

Username: Herringbone

Name: Rajah

Sex: Female

Collar: Click!

This dog is a trouble maker. Not in a bad way, but for some she can be way too much to handle until she is properly trained. Sadly enough for her, she got stuck with one person who couldn't handle her well, so instead he brought her back to the pound. But what had she done that the person couldn't handle?

Rajah, being in her youth, is able to do much. She can jumped over fences, and cause heeps of trouble. Of course, she doesn't mean to, but curiosity gets the best of everyone, Rajah being no different. She's a happy dog, wanting to explore her surroundings. She did often get out of her yard, even with a privacy fence. The previous owner often noticed that she was gone and was too late. They had to get in their car to find her! They drove up and down neighborhoods slowly, and when spotting her, they had to trespass onto property to get her back. It was tiring, but it was also annoying. These people couldn't keep up with a dog like Rajah, and they certainly did not want to keep trespassing on property to retrieve her whenever she got out. Training was an option, they knew it, but they also knew they couldn't afford it. So they made a hard decision. Maybe someone with more experience would be able to handle her. So they ended up giving her back to the pound, although they didn't want to. They knew she needed a home that would be more willing to train her.

Rajah was confused on why she was back at the pound at first. She didn't want to be back laying on a cold floor instead of a comfortable couch with an owner petting her. Why was she back here? What did she do wrong? The fact was, nothing. Yes, she was curious upon belief and that chose her to get out of her yard, but the owners couldn't afford to get a trainer. She just wasn't the dog for them. Not for beginners. So she sat there in the cage of the pound, pondering about why she was there. Hopefully someone would come by who wanted her. She just wanted a good home with some nice people to take care of. Maybe some people who took her out more often for long walks or maybe even a jog. Maybe that someone had another dog she could possibly play with as well. She wouldn't be so lonely that way.

But she was given back to the pound because her previous owner just couldn't handle her. They wanted her to have the chance to go to someone who could. A second chance was what she needed.

(Just a fun fact! I actually used to have a Chow Chow mix with the name Rajah! With the stories I was told about when I was younger, she could in fact jump high fences. So I put my little intake in this story. I hope you like it! And good luck to everyone!)

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:43 am

END DATE WARNING! This comp will end tomorrow, April 22nd, at 7 pm PST. Please get your forms done before then! No extensions will be given!
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 am

Username: ☁Lady Raincloud☁
Name: Goswin or Hartwin
Collar: A very plain white collar, but a small golden bell hangs from the center.
Goswin was born to the family that kept, rinsed and loved him. He'd never been anywhere else, it was home. He had a mother and brother who lived there too. His other siblings got adopted soon as they were old enough.

He had a special job. The family lived far from other humans- least it felt far to Goswin- up near the mountains. His master trained him well- he assisted with some hunting and some guarding, but also as a messenger. He loved the job and it became a game between his owners and the townsfolk who lived a couple miles down hill. Usually he'd go out hunting with his master, then his master would send him to town with some paper and an order of who to bring it to. That, or a message back home to the house, the kids always gleeful to find out what their father was up to when he was away from home for a long while.

The whole town knew him. He was unmistakable running down hill, his bright fur gleaming when the sun hit it, and the message strapped to him on a little vest he would wear. He'd bark and howl kindly all all they waved and laughed, and soon the message was delivered.

Something went wrong though. One day he was sent to town with a message and smelled something odd. It was heavy and made him gag. He recognized it as fire only because he'd smelled it on long winter nights by the fireplace. He assumed someone was cooking or warming themselves.

He was wrong. The town was burning and he stared on in fright as fire blazed in from the woods. In the confusion, he was jostled and yelled at by the men and women running, and soon found himself running into who knows where. He ran and ran from the fire, and soon he was bewildered and confused. His fur was singed and his collar had come off when a man tried to drag him away from the embers. Not wanting to loose it, he grabbed it in his teeth, only to find it was battered and burnt. He tried to track his way home again, but hours later he was still just lost in the forest. Occasionally he thought he smelled the flames following, and kept on running.

The shelter found him a few days walk from his town. He had no identification and, as he was starving and tired, they took him there. They called him Hartwin- he wore a tag which said 'win' on it, but the rest seemed to be melted off. Goswin doesn't mind this. They're good people. But he fears he'll never find his home again.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SCS Re-Adopt #130 -- Rainier

Postby starshine, » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Username: starshine,
Name: Rainier
Collar: bandanna, it has a small cursive gold R stitched in at the top
How did they end up at the shelter?: [min 20, max 700]
Rainier padded along the wet road, the rain weighing his fur down, he grunted as his paws sloshed in the murky rainwater, and glanced behind him.
"Lilli!" He barked, the wet fur covering his eyes so he could not see. His little sister had only been a year younger than him, but after their mother had her, she had died because of blood loss, she was all he had left. "Lil!" He cried out, hearing no reply, he turned around, the fur covering his face had blown back, his sight returning to him quickly. Lilli was standing in the middle of the road, a large truck flying down the road, straight into her path. Her bright eyes widened with fear as the truck slammed her to the ground, she hit with a menacing thud to the road. Rain froze, his brain not being able to process what had just happened. The thoughts returned quickly, his brain now overwhelmed with rage, sadness, and fear. He bounded over, his ginger fur thick and heavy against his skin, the chow-chow mix skidded to a stop beside his fallen sister and he let out a cry of grief, his eyes flooding with large tears.
Rainier buried his nose in Lilli's wet, thick fur, her body still warm, letting the tears flow off of his cheeks. The grieving dog's body racked with heavy sobs.
A few cars stopped by the side of the road, the people slowly gathering around Rain and his lost kin. After what seemed like forever they began to leave, one-by-one, and after they had disappeared, one car pulled up, this one larger. Rain laid next to Lilli's still body as the human crouched next to him, and put their hand out, slowly laying it on Rainier's thick pelt. He did nothing to stop them, his mind was too overwhelmed to process the thoughts that were still racing through his head. The human stroked his pelt and made cooing noises at Rain, before slipping a rope around his neck.
Rainier jumped, the feeling of the rough rope touch his skin, frightened him, and the human stepped back. He stood up slowly, looking up and searching the person's face, he didn't find cruelty lying there, just empathy. He gave a soft whimper before turning around to face his sister, he wasn't going to leave her behind. The human stared at the Lilli for a moment before calling to one of their companions. They slammed the door and walked over to Lilli with a blanket in hand, bundling her up tightly. Rainier growled, his eyes never leaving the other person as they carried Lilli into the back of the van.
He felt a tug on his neck, and whipped around, he followed the human slowly, his steps careful and his eyes trained on the human's hand. They were taking him to where they put Lilli. Lilli was in there. He reminded himself. After they had reached the back of the van, he jumped in willingly, laying next to the body of his sister, and closing his eyes, the rattling of the van soothing him into a long sleep.
starshine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me