Based on Click to view
Artist Calix [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Celestial Dragon - #100 - WINNER

Postby Calix » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm

What is a Celestial Dragon?
Celestial Dragons(CDs) are a small breed of dragon, closely related to Fu Dogs. They have a silky, ethereal mane that swirls and shines like a galaxy. They vary in size from a small fox to a large dog, and are covered in a thin coat of soft fur. Their pupils are star shaped, and every CD has a star marking in their coat or mane. Please make sure to read the species rules before trying out!

Lunar: Multicolored eyes, ear edits
Nova: Extra eye, torn mane
Ethereal: Large functioning wings, 6 colors in mane, and major powers

Legends spin many tales about this Ethereal Celestial Dragon; tell me one of these legends. In this story, please explain what their power is, and how they use it. This can be an ancient legend, or a modern tale. Write it in whatever style you like; story, poem, or other literary device.

This is an unlimited contest. Use any means you like; art, writing, and coding. Ends September 20th extended til 22nd!

Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]username;[/b]
[b]cd name;[/b]
[b]cd gender and orientation;[/b] (read species rules!)
[b]story;[/b][/size][/center]
Last edited by Calix on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Calix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Celestial Dragon - #100 - Open

Postby Vluwu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 am

OMGG
    Calix your killing me this adopt is so pretty <333

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:29 am

mmmmark
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am

mark :O
pretty much inactive here now </3
my discord's rhylie#9299 if you need to contact me!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am

They look amazing calix o:
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am

Ohmyyesmark!
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:38 am

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

So there was space and life

Postby Catskitten » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 am

Arriving to there
Ill be a light
Take me anywhere
Than the void is bright

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
username;
Catskitten

cd name;
Asteria

cd gender and orientation;
female/pansexual

The songs that describe her;

Image Darkcat-Irene
Image Khai-Into the Dark
Image Light-Elle Goulding
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

<Her third eye keeps track of everything
and her markings remind her of her children>

story;

Once there was a void. It was an empty souless place for the most part. But it was missing something and one millennia that thing appeared out of nowhere. A small star sparkled in the dark. They had sensed their presence was needed to create life in the emptiness. Only they needed a new form to do so. They thought and then twinkled brightly in merriment. The idea was too perfect and so they changed form to the first winged celestial dragon. Her wings sprang forth and she opened her eyes. Yes she for she was no longer a thing but now a full being. She knew her purpose and so she got to work. She moved her paws and created a light as bright as she was.
She called them stars and named each one with affection because they were her children. Than she put her paws together and rolled a ball of something grey and cold. She than frowned at her creation. She hadn't thought before she had done it and now that she had she questioned herself. What was this thing? She chuckled loudly at her mistake and named it. For she had made it and it was deserving of a name. It was a comet and a slight inside joke for she had nothing to say about it. She kissed the weird thing and released it. It fell rapidly and she panicked and chased after it. After she caught it she hugged it and thought over her mistake. It needed to be carried like all children did. An idea formed and she breathed into the void. The comet floated and she nodded. The opposite would be gravity this anti-gravity. Seeming nothing but her wishes for the comets safety. She watched it float away and felt calm. All was ok now but she felt a strange filling in her chest. Would the lifeless thing be alone in a space filled with nothing like it? She rolled her paws and purposely created more mistakes and released them to follow her first. She felt better for the thing with no feelings.Then she made some that were kind of like the other mistakes but brown and rough instead. Meteors is what she called them. She had no idea where she got these names. Lightly batted the creation away and laughed soundlessly. Suddenly her first one came back to her mind. She named them Haley to silently remember them over the rest. Goodbye to Haley and her weirdo inanimate friends. Ok funs over back to work. She looked around again. Much was needed to make this place home.
She turned her paws and clearly thought about what she wanted. A small bright ball formed and she flinched and released it fast. She blew on her paws and glared at the thing. Too bright but not really a mistake. The thing was the prettiest thing she'd ever seen but painful to hold for too long. She decided to call it the sun because the bright ball was a prankster and deserves to sound as if it was being scolded. Her child needed to behave itself.
She smacked it quickly away and whispered a apology to it as it flew away. Loved it but that thing needed to leave before it destroyed everything. Maybe she would try again but make the brightness calmer. She rolled her paws and made a ball that seemed tamer than her sun. She pressed her paws into it testing it out to make sure it wouldn't explode or something. Holes littered her creation but nothing happened but a soft glow. A good one it was so id be the moon and its holes craters. She decided to give it the gift of holding things down and controlling them. Moons temperment seemed like it could handle that power and be of use to her later. Moon was gently released into the area. She realized the area had no name and causally thought up the name space. Thats what it was a place to hold her creations and void it no longer was. The idea formed that there should be more ball creations of different colors and forms. Than she molded again. A light grey one called Mercury. Another lighter one named Venus. A blue and green one called Earth. She put lots of things called plants on it and it got a bit out of hand as she created things called biomes and different liquids. Ones water the other a accident called lava. Earth was a strange creation and changed everytime she touched it. Made its own things that she had to than name. She looked at the water and poked at it. Something was missing still. The water showed her and she stared hard at it. The water was kind of mocking. There wasn't anything like her. She stuck her tongue out at it and molded a shape like her but small. Gave it life and her feelings and it blinked at her. Its name was celestial dragon. It was alone. She made another and smiled at the now happier creature. She than made other creatures of varying shapes. Than more dragons of different colors and looks. So they could tell eachother apart and so could she. Ok it was time to leave for she felt done. Earth would create itself. The first dragon yelped as she left. She felt bad and promised to visit later in a smaller form. Back to creating ball creations which she named planets.
Calling them balls just felt weird. A turn of her paws and there was Mars. She decided to make a big one called Jupiter. Than one called Saturn. This one she put a ring of ice around and gave moons to control it. Than another planet with light blue called Uranus. A dark blue one called Neptune. Than she decided to have fun and make a super tiny one and call it Pluto. In her book its a planet since they can all be different.
Space wasn't empty anymore and she felt like she could take a small break. She thought back to earth and traveled there. Like she promised she took a small form like the celesial dragons and stopped in her tracks.
How long had she been gone? There were strange things everywhere which she tried to catch up on naming.
The tall things buildings the small moving things carts and the list went on till she felt dizzy.
Than a yell was heard and she looked up. The first dragon stood there before her.
"Asteria!" her creation yelped happily
She stared around as more dragons appeared and began to yelp the same thing.
In some simultaneous agreement.
"Asteria Asteria Asteria!"
She felt overwhelmed and backed up. Were they calling her?
She froze. She didn't have a name. She named everything but forgot to name herself.
She felt water roll down her face. It was a strange feeling. She laughed without knowing why.
She looked back at her creations and shook her head.
Her children had named her.
The feeling she named love and she gave her first dragon a gift.
Wings like hers so she'd remember him as he will remember her.
The dragons called her and named her theirs.
Asteria forever continues creating for them out of love and a love for all her creations.
They were all her children.
She was Asteria their mother.

Galaxys existed and everything continued to be born. After millennia there was nothing left
to create. So what was the use of the first star? Asteria had no purpose left in life but to
make sure her children were safe and everything was in order. She was their mother and also
a servant. They treated her as an immortal queen. She felt so old and tired though. Her love
for them was what kept her here forever. She made her home on planet earth and watched
life continue almost without her. Her thoughts dimmed and suddenly she wasn't so bright
anymore. The first celestial dragon had moved on also to raise a family. Strangly it made her
feel alone. So she stayed outside in the woods and watched over them all. A mother did watch
and care for her children no matter what. If they ever forgot her she would forever remember them.

Last edited by Catskitten on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am, edited 53 times in total.
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Last edited by trans on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stårry » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Res with seeing other planes of existence;past present and future while blind to their owns present

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to