Time spent 1 hour, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by kiffell

by Neah

SCS Custom and Adopt #402/#403

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PROMPT: Tell me how and why they lost their eyes! [My Extra Policy]

#402 Akita Mix
Username: kiffell
Name: Maxwell
Sex: Male
Collar: x

#403 Irish Wolfhound

Neah Walker wrote:
    Username: Neah Walker

Name: Gone With the Wind // Oni

Collar: xXx

Eyes Story: Oni had been a proud hunting dog once. Whenever her owner pleased they would go out and run down their target, feeling the thrill of the chase roaring in her blood. She was one of the best dogs her owner had, so naturally, she went out with him often. Oni wishes maybe she had stayed home, that day. They were after a huge buck, had been trailing it for days, when they finally closed in. It was a routine hunt, her owner sending her in to do her job, but the man had miscalculated. When she want after it, the buck still had some fight, and it landed a solid kick to her head.

When she woke up she couldn't see a thing. Her master's prize hunting dog, and she couldn't see anymore. You know the saying, the higher you are, the harder the fall. She couldn't help but take that to heart, as her owner, no longer having a purpose for her, left her at the vets office for them to deal with her. Oni was quickly turned over to the shelter, bitter with her circumstances and angry at being abandoned. She supposes maybe she'll get lucky, and maybe another human will come by and be able to overlook the very thing that put her there in the first place.

Genes
#402 Akita mix
'Black w/ Ticked Piebald'
KKs // EmE // Bb // DD // slsl // AwAsa // SpSp // mm // rr // TT // CwCw // gg // uu

#403 Irish Wolfhound
'Cream w/ Blue Mask and Sable'
---
*this pet's missing eyes are not due to genetics and therefore cannot be bred into offspring!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Adopt and Custom #402/#403

Postby mongrel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Username:
Imaginary
Name:
Whisper on the Wind // Murmur
Collar:
X
Eyes Story:
Murmur was a very urgent cause. We got a call from a young woman who mentioned she'd been seeing a stray female dog who acted blind in both eyes. She said she had gotten the dog to come up to her one time, and she realized she wasn't just blind, but something was wrong with her eyes. Our team immediately suspected cancer, which, if it was, had to be taken care of as soon as possible before it spread farther into the body. When we got there, the woman had the dog in her bathroom, letting her relax. She was taken into the van and was transported to the shelter, where the vets later inspected her eyes and concluded it was cancer that had already spread to both eyes. There was no possibility or saving either the eyes or her sight, so both eyes were removed. She didn't seem to notice, as she had been blind before the removal.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Username: SergeantWinter
    Name: Saffron
    Collar: <3
    Eyes Story: Saffron has a bit of Cinderella story. She use to be owned by sweet little girl who loved her dearly, but the little girl had a step mother that hated dogs with a fiery passion. The step mother couldn't do anything about it since her husband, the little girl's father, also dearly loved Saffron. He was the one who gave Saffron as a gift to the girl, and they had both trained Saffron to together since she was just a puppy at the time. When the girl's biological mother had passed away, this was their way of moving forward. Not to replace the mother, but to have Saffron in memory of her. They taught the dog to be generous, sweet, loyal, and patient, so that when the father wasn't there the girl wouldn't be alone. Though obviously things changed as the father had met the step-mother.

When the girl turned 15, misfortune had struck. The father passed away just like her mother had. The step-mother had custody of the girl, and controlled the rules in the house. Although not matter how much she wasn't to cast Saffron out of the picture, she didn't. The father had made the step-mother promise not to remove the dog from the girl's life as his last dying wish. The dog was the last thing the girl had left of her parents.

After the father's funeral, the step mother had went out and bought two cats from a rescue shelter. Unfortunately, the step mother failed to take into consideration that the cats didn't like dogs. Or perhaps it was planned, because the cats terrorized poor Saffron. Saffron never did anything about it though because she knew that it could mean that she'd be taken away from her girl. And the girl had tried to keep the two separate but it was an impossible task. She knew the right thing to do was to give Saffron a new home without cats. But she couldn't bring herself to do it.

One day, when the girl came home from school, she had found blood on the floor trailing up to her bedroom where Saffron was laying in a heaping lump. It didn't look natural. When the girl had gotten a good look at Saffron, she found that the dog had gashes in her eyes from the cats claws. The wolfhound was rushed to the vet, where they found out the they'd have to remove the eyes. Though one eye was only injured, it was found that the dog had a growing disease of glaucoma and it was best to remove both. The step mother insisted that the dog was put down as it had started the fight with the other cats, and claimed that the cats were injured. The girl knew that Saffron could not have started the fight, but she also knew the dog could no longer stay.

After a long argument the step mother backed off and allowed for Saffron to be brought to a shelter, instead of putting the dog down. This is where it was found that Saffron was more afraid of cats than anything, and only tried to harm them if they got too close. She was sweet but in need of retraining due to the fact that she was blind. And it took a lot of readjusting before she was ready to be adopted into a new home.
Last edited by conversett on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starred » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:17 am

Username: JordynSeesStars
Name: Ivory
Collar: https://img0.etsystatic.com/137/0/10510 ... 2_4wh7.jpg
Eyes Story: Ivory was another abuse case that was called in. He was left in the drastic climates of the hot summer months. Nobody could have ever known he was where he was, because the terrible owner that had him left him outside chained up in a small fenced in area with a small box to sleep in. The flies were horrible this year, and the vet says that Ivory kept scratching at his eyes due to the flies biting and burrowing near and on his eyes. He had scratched his eyes so bad that they were infected and not savable. So they removed his eyes, but he is still one happy pupper!
"If you talk to the animals, they will talk with you, and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." - Chief Dan George
Starred

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Eyes Story: Oni had been a proud hunting dog once. Whenever her owner pleased they would go out and run down their target, feeling the thrill of the chase roaring in her blood. She was one of the best dogs her owner had, so naturally, she went out with him often. Oni wishes maybe she had stayed home, that day. They were after a huge buck, had been trailing it for days, when they finally closed in. It was a routine hunt, her owner sending her in to do her job, but the man had miscalculated. When she want after it, the buck still had some fight, and it landed a solid kick to her head.

When she woke up she couldn't see a thing. Her master's prize hunting dog, and she couldn't see anymore. You know the saying, the higher you are, the harder the fall. She couldn't help but take that to heart, as her owner, no longer having a purpose for her, left her at the vets office for them to deal with her. Oni was quickly turned over to the shelter, bitter with her circumstances and angry at being abandoned. She supposes maybe she'll get lucky, and maybe another human will come by and be able to overlook the very thing that put her there in the first place.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:43 am

-bump-

Imageℝ𝕖𝕚 ❀ 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪/𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕞 ❀ 𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥Image
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
ImageImageImageℂ𝟜ℂ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕊𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕖ℂ𝕊𝕋

« Hello! My name is Rei, I'm a chronically ill and neurodivergent artist
and designer. I've been on CS since 2012 and am generally friendly if
a bit intimidated by strangers. I am most active on discord so please
contact me there under the user HeyRei if you need anything! »

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞: 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 , ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 , ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 ,𝕂𝕖𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤
𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝𝕤
ImageImageImageImage
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SCS Adopt #403: WINNER

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:54 am

As simple as the story was, I felt it fit the darlin. Congrats!
Neah Walker wrote:

Thanks for everyone for participating <3 If anyone wants some feedback on how they can make their forms better for next time, pm me.

Imageℝ𝕖𝕚 ❀ 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪/𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕞 ❀ 𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥Image
ImageImageImageℂ𝟜ℂ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕊𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕖ℂ𝕊𝕋

« Hello! My name is Rei, I'm a chronically ill and neurodivergent artist
and designer. I've been on CS since 2012 and am generally friendly if
a bit intimidated by strangers. I am most active on discord so please
contact me there under the user HeyRei if you need anything! »

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞: 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 , ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 , ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 ,𝕂𝕖𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤
𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝𝕤
ImageImageImageImage
~HєуRєι~