Based on Click to view
Artist birch. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Khimaira Fresian #2119

Postby birch. » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:30 am

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

This handsome stallion was found on a farm in Ireland along with his brother, Aedon, of whom I have decided to take on. Not much is known on him or his background but after you spend days at his side you start to see him come out of his shell. The adoption agency has asked me to find the proper person to take on this boyo so answer a few questions on the form and I will pick the one I think best deserves this handsome man!

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner: razzberry
Show Name: Kiss Me I'm Irish
Barn Name: Aengus
Height: 18hh
Color: Dappled Silver Smoky Black Manchado with Khim Fog
Genetics: Ee/aa/Crcr/ZZ/KfKf +Dapples +Manchado
Breeding Info:
-Will always pass Silver (nZ)
-Will always pass Khim Fog (KfKf)
-Dapples may pass with 40%
-Manchado may pass with 20%
Last edited by birch. on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Khimaira Fresian #2119

Postby FireIceHeart » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:05 am

Owner: FireIceHeart
Show Name:Dublin's Boyo
Barn Name: Sheridan
Halter color: Surprise
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Surprise
What do you like most about this Khim?: I love how his markings all blend nicely together and..how he just seems to shine!!!and those eyesssss! (i like everything ok)
What is his Personality?:Obsessed with the weather, procrastinates, Friendly, generally a positive boy :D
How have you two bonded? We bonded while hiding in a barn during a storm. One of us was hiding from the Thunder ..the other was just nibbling on ones hair and was just being a huge comfort til it was over :3
FireIceHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:08 am

Owner: .Lyrebird
Show Name:
Barn Name: Rourke
Pearl/jewel color (halter):
What do you like most about this Khim?:
What is his Personality?:
How have you two bonded?

Wip until my power comes back on <3
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheUnsinkableShips » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:13 am

Owner: ~*Warrior Cats*~
Show Name: Celtic Air
Barn Name: Cullen (Derives from Kilcullen, like the small town in Ireland. Also an Irish last name.)
Halter color: Green
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Grey
What do you like most about this Khim?: His Irish heritage! Being mainly Irish myself, I already felt a great connection with this khim.
What is his Personality?: Cullen is calm and thoughtful, never jumping to conclusions or judging on first sight. He is not cool headed, nor hot headed, but somewhere in between. He is kind and helpful, and never leaves any creature in need of help. He is very amiable, and neither social nor introverted. He can easily bring down someone's temper with a single smile, or gentle nudge, and is very easy to get along with. He isn't the best about being empathetic, but definitely tries his best to understand the problems of those around him, and offer aid. He never pushes his wisdom or help upon others, which sometimes can lead to tragedy when dealing with bone headed horses, but most horses feel happy and accepting in his presence.
How have you two bonded? We bonded when I started reading to him. Horses cant read, but he enjoyed listening to me read to him. Eventually, he picked up on a few English phrases, and I a few horse ones. We found our own way to communicate through literature, and it has helped me immensely when helping the other horses in my herd. He is somewhat of a translator for me, and so we have grown close enough almost to read each others minds. We can often understand what one is trying to tell the other through a quick glance, or through body language. And of course, I read to him every day. Currently, I am reading him Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix. He seems to be enjoying it. Sometimes, I'll even sing to him. He seems to enjoy my singing voice, and I'll even sing him some Irish folk songs. He especially likes those.

Last edited by TheUnsinkableShips on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
▓▓ ████
▓▓ ─♔──
▓▓ ████
ImagexxxImage

𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄!
▓▓▓
▓▓▓
▓▓▓
▓▓▓

─────────┘
─────── 𝑺𝑾𝑰𝑴 ─ ⋯ ──
𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 ▓
x
▒▒▒▒▒▒
┌──┐┌─┐
└──┘└─┘

██

██
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ▓
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ▓
𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐊! ─
┌─────────────┐

Hello there!
Call me Ships <3
I love drawing, horses,
and writing! If there's a
fandom, I'm probably in it,
and would love to chat
about it! Just pm!

└─────────────┘

Image Image
█ 𝐀𝐈𝐑
█ 𝐀𝐈𝐑
┌───────────┐
k~f - errp - rise - vok
boer - link - link - ©

└───────────┘
TheUnsinkableShips

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:35 am

Owner: Jamonsgirl
Show Name: The Cliffs of Moher
Barn Name: Jedidiah
Halter color: surprise me
Pearl/jewel color (halter): surprise me
What do you like most about this Khim?: Everything XD I love manchados and I love the colors that you used
What is his Personality?: He is stern, but kind, always there when you need him kind of guy, loves being out in nature
How have you two bonded? When he was a foal his mom died and I had to take care of him becoming his substitute mom.
Echo Revna

Postby jesdar16 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:37 pm

σωηєя jesdar16
ѕнσω ηαмє Ancient Soul
вαяη ηαмє Kenan (an Irish name for "ancient")
gєη∂єя Stallion
αgє 10 years
нαℓтєя & ρєαяℓ ¢σℓσя Eye color halter with white pearls

ωнαт ∂σ уσυ ℓιкє мσѕт αвσυт тнιѕ кнιм?
I believe Kenan's best attribute is his peculiar coloration. It is very red for a smokey black, and that is quite unique and beautiful. It also compliments his eye color and makes him stand out a little bit more. He may have some rare markings but what I first really liked about him was the color of his coat.

ωнαт ιѕ нιѕ ρєяѕσηαℓιту?
Kenan is very shy, he has never truly come "out of his shell" due to holing himself up away from others with a defensive wall he built around his mind. He only speaks when spoken to and when he is spoken to, he speaks quietly and sometimes with this squeaky voice, and often inaudibly. He places a lot in those he trusts and when his trust is broken, he holds a grudge, placing said person in a sort of 'zone' where he blatantly ignores them and any attempts to make up. He loves learning and because he does much more listening than speaking, he has developed a keen sense of hearing to help him learn about the world around him. He is quite knowledgeable and can answer almost any question thrown at him.
Kenan is quite clingy to those he trusts, constantly spending time with them and hanging out with them. He also hates being alone and doing things alone, despite hating attention and talking.

нσω ∂ι∂ уσυ вση∂ ωιтн нιм?
At first it was trying to approach him in the first place. He pushed himself into the corner of the paddock, as far away from me as he could get. I couldn't get near him without it seeming like I was trying to corner him, so I sat in the middle of the paddock, my back turned towards him, and drew in the dirt with a stick. This seemed to help keep him calm, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed that he was grazing. That's a good sign. We did this for several days and after about a week he started grazing closer and closer to me. The max he would go was about ten feet from where I sat. He wouldn't get any closer. The next day I brought treats. Apple slices in a ziploc bag and a full carrot in my hand. At first I drew in the dirt with a stick and he grazed about ten feet from where I was. He looked a little nervous when I stood up, but didn't bolt like I expected him to. He seemed interested in the carrot I was trying to not really hide behind my back. I held the carrot out, my arm bent and body turned in a non-threatening angle. He seemed to read this and lifted his head, his ears perked. He also saw my eyes and took this into account, stepping back. I changed my demeanor. Now I was looking away, facing away off to the side, with my hand out holding the carrot. Now that I wasn't looking at him he felt brave enough to approach me and gently take the carrot from my hand. I didn't look at him until he had stepped away and he didn't make any move to leave when he was chewing. I sat down again and began to draw. Kenan seemed calmer now that I had given him food. He stepped closer and was now about five feet from me. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the bag of apple slices. I pulled one out, looked at him and placed it towards him as far as I could reach. Then I turned back to my drawing. I heard hoofsteps and the quiet munching. A nose poked my shoulder. Still without looking at him, I held out another apple slice. We did this until all the slices were gone. When I turned to look at him, he made no move to leave. I turned my body so I was facing him. He looked magnificent. I held out my hand and hesitantly he pushed my palm with his muzzle.
After this it was just a matter of getting him more used to me. As he became more and more comfortable with my presence, he became more and more bold and playful around me. After about a month he was constantly around me, hid behind me when something scared him and looked to me for reinforcement or what to do. What really sealed the deal was the rather silly "Dog Incident". Winter Falls Stables has a barn dog named Sugar and one time Sugar accidentally bumped into Kenan when he wasn't looking. I happened to be in the paddock as Kenan reared and slashed his hooves. If he landed on Sugar he would have killed her. Luckily I was able to get Sugar away and stand in front of Kenan and calm him down. When he saw me petting Sugar and gently leading her away, he realized that I was there to help him and always would be. From then on he became like my shadow, constantly following me around. He hardly needed watching since he was always near me. It became difficult to even keep him out of the house because he would kick and scream when left in the stall alone. Eventually he bonded with a mare named Rata, who was also shy and timid. and became less dependent on me. But I was still his best friend and always would be.
Last edited by jesdar16 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razzberry » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Owner: razzberry
Show Name: Kiss Me I'm Irish
Barn Name: Aengus

Behind The Name: Pronounced "eng + iss"
Aengus is a name of Irish origin. From aon comes
the meaning "excellent" and from gus comes the
meaning "strength" and "vigour". Aengus was the
god of love and of youth. His words were as sweet
as honey, attracting bees and birds. He fell deeply
in love with a beautiful girl he saw in a dream and
passed through many trials, including turning
himself into a swan, to win her love.

Halter color: Green and white gradient
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Gold
What do you like most about this Khim?:
I absolutely adore the fact that he's a manchado.
It is my all time favourite marking found on a ho
rse and it looks stunning on him. The fact that h
e carries the silver gene is not lost on me and m
akes me excited that I could add him to my gang
of silver gene khim's as well as be the first manc
hado i have received.
What is his Personality?:
Aengus is a lover, not a fighter. If it ever came
down to choosing between peace and war, you
find him making friendship bracelets with the
best of them. This stallion, while he prefers to
avoid confrontation and violence, is very family
oriented and devotes himself to remaining loyal
to and protecting his family and those he loves
until his last breath, meaning Aengus would not
hesitate to jump in the defence of a threatened
loved one. He's not really an equine that is so
much unpredictable than he is obvious, hinting
that his "lover not a fighter" label just about su
ms up who he is as an individual. Aengus has a
huge heart and will give out love to all those he
meets, should they accept it. He will go out of
his way to make someone else's day brighter and
will sometimes even take the burden's of others
on as his own just so that they do not have to ca
rry the weight on their shoulders.

X
X
X
X
X
X
X

xxxxxxxxxx𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐎' 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇 ☘ 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐎' 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐇 ☘

How have you two bonded?
He was anxious and timid when he first arrived at the stables and was rather quiet for a horse his age. I was not the initial stablehand chosen to tend to his needs and see to it that he settled in all right, but after a string of events occurred in the span of a week, the responsibility and opportunity to grow closer to Aengus was given to me.

On the first day he arrived at the stables was the same day I had begun my so called "stable probation" for a mix up that had occurred the day before. I had turned out the wrong horse into the wrong pasture for the second time and had been exempted from my riding privileges for a week because the horse in question had ingested a steady amount of buttercups, a plant that is highly poisonous to horses and even fatal if eaten in large doses. The unlucky part was, two of the horses I had to turn out that day were twins, a rare case indeed, and it was extremely difficult to tell the difference between them. Usually they had custom made halters on that said their names - "Hickory" and "Doc" - yet on that day their halters hadn't been put on and I had turned out Doc in the pasture that was meant for Hickory. It was a common mistake that was followed by an event that could not have been predicted by anyone since the patch of buttercups was on the other side of the fence (Doc had evidently stuck his head between the fence to get to the flowers).
So I was tending to my new stablehand duties for the week when Aengus first arrived, shaking but quiet. I had previous knowledge that the young stallion hailed from Ireland which meant the journey was a long one.

He wouldn't eat or let anyone touch him after being put in his stall and he wasn't sleeping too well either. The whole stable had grown worried for his health and didn't know what they were supposed to do except wait for him to grow accustomed to his surroundings. It was by chance, some days after, that the music that played from my phone speaker was an Irish folk song with no lyrics, only instruments. The song seemed to shock something in the new arrival and as I was sweeping the stable aisle, the gentle nicker came from his direction and I turned, being greeted by eagerly perked ears and interested eyes. Taking a chance, I moved closer with my hand outstretched yet apprehension swam through me that Aengus would actually let me touch him. I was pleasantly surprised when he lipped my fingers gently and pushed his velvety muzzle into the palm of my hand. It seemed all he needed was a little reminder of home and then it his me. Aengus was homesick. It had all begun to fall into place now, everything began to make sense as I put the pieces of the puzzle together. The next day I returned to his stall and let the music play through my phone while filling up his feed bucket and placing it in his stall, hoping that the music would put him at ease enough to eat. Sure enough, it did.

That was how we bonded. That simple tune that had played by chance that day solved a puzzle that no one could figure out. I played the song for him whenever I needed to touch him to put his halter on, take it off or groom him. Whenever he needed to be fed and to put him to sleep at night. Eventually he grew so familiar and accustomed to me that with anyone else, even if they played the song for him, he wouldn't know what to do and would revert back to the way he was when he first arrived.
trotters

"she wears her scars like her best attire. "

razz - she/her - pisces - ©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hi! feel free to call me razz if you'd like! i'm a dog mom
    of three and currently work in a vet clinic. i love animals,
    the outdoors, music and reptiles [dinos especially] and am
    a jurassic park diehard. if you ever want to chat my pm's
    are always open!
razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:53 pm

Slots:
1. Image
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RMS Titanic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:29 am

Owner: tulips4me
Show Name: Effortlessly Grand
Barn Name: Grand
Halter color: Light sky blue
Pearl/jewel color (halter): White
What do you like most about this Khim?: I love his coloration! He's truly a masterpiece, and I just love his markings <3
What is his Personality?: He is rough around the edges and blunt. He prefers others to listen to him than him listen to others. Most horses respect him, and he's always the first one to the food. Though he's rough on the outside, on the inside he's a teddy bear!
How have you two bonded? I first started bonding with him when I realized FORCING him to do things wasn't going to work. He wouldn't do it, no matter how much I pleaded and gave him mints - his favorite sweet treat - so when I started to train him, I worked with him. I didn't force him through a puddle, instead I worked on it with him. He's such a teddy bear once you get to know him!
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.

RMS Titanic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~SpotOnAppy~ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 am

Owner: ~SpotOnAppy~
Show Name: Luck of the Irish
Barn Name: Hoolihan
Halter color: dark emerald greem
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Baby purple
What do you like most about this Khim?: Hmmm, the Irish theme helps a lot, I'm mostly of Irish descent and I'm pretty obsessed with all things Irish. But his coat colour is the main attraction, combined with those adorable dapples... He's stunning?! But the twinkle in his eye... it just screams mischief!

What is his Personality?: Hoolie is a very out-going, spunky individual once he overcomes his initial shyness. He enjoys the attentions of both other horses and most humans, but apparently has a strong fear of goats. Who knew?! His trusting nature and fun-loving personality somewhat contradict his life story, but I guess its true that some creatures are just born to rule. Charisma and confidence just ooze from this boyo and the other horses follow him everywhere, the stallions eagerly trying to learn his ways and the mares... well.... yeah... Theyre too busy fainting and attempting to be demure to pay attention to much else.

How have you two bonded?

WIP
~SpotOnAppy~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me