Based on Click to view
Artist Charboo [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

LOC Adopt #93 - Bran

Postby Charboo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:50 am

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #93 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

I tried myself to make a faster design and I think I succeeded!

So, for this adopt, I want to see more character development than I want to see art. I am making a limit of 3 art pieces because I feel that they make your entry look nice. But remember, I am not judging on art or if you have any, I am judging the character made! You may code your form to look nice, but some simple coding or even no coding will do the job. Extras are allowed, but only 4!

Username: Dragoncool97!
Name: Bran
Element: Life
{x}

Last edited by Charboo on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC Adopt #93 - Open

Postby Placebo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:52 am

oh my! Hope it's alright to mark, but I'm not sure if I'll try out yet ;u; Beautiful design as always, Charboo!
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rohan. » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello! I'm not trying for this boy, but to whoever does, I'd like to offer an ancestor in my lioness Iseult.
Isy originated with the creation of the species and came into present time in the recent Time Event. I offer her cause this boy looks like he could be a descendant. Hit me up if you're interested and I can give more information on Iseult and her history and personality!
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoncool97 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 pm

“The Cosmos, our Mother, gave us life. Is it not wrong that we are taking it from the rest of her creations?”
~Bran after meeting strangers

General Stuff wrote:
Username: dragoncool97

LOC Name: Bran

Name Meaning/Origin: His name is that
of the Irish god of Health. ‘Bran the
Blessed’ is known for seeking an island
where there was no sorrow, sickness,
death, or evil.

Rank Desired: “I am what you would call
a Nomad, although others believe
me to be a Spirit.”

Personality: wrote:
Pious: "having or showing a dutiful spirit of reverence
for God or an earnest wish to fulfill religious obligations"

Bran is a very spiritual lion and worships the Cosmos. He
believes that the Cosmos ought to be revered as it created
all living things. Thus he spends his life healing the sick,
injured and dying.

Mysterious: "of obscure nature, meaning, origin"
No one really knows that much about Bran besides the fact
that he is a “spirit”. Even those who know he isn't really a
spirit, Bran’s strange behavior and his unknown origin add
to his mysteriousness.

Pacifist: "believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or
to violence of any kind"

Any form of violence physically hurts Bran. Bran is very in
tuned with other creatures life forces and he can sense any
harm that comes to them. Since the start of the Civil War,
Bran has become more active and is gradually venturing
closer and closer to the two warring factions.

Naive: "having or showing an unaffected simple nature"
Despite the war going on, Bran still believes no one is completely
evil in nature. He firmly believes that is he shows them how to
walk in the light if the Cosmos that they will change his ways.

Blessed: "blissfully happy or contented"
Bran is not a very needy or self centered lion. He is almost always
in a happy state. The only other times he isn't in this mood is when
he senses a large amount of violence taking place, such as a large
battle.

Nocturnal: "active at night"
Bran, unlike other lions, spends his time awake at night. This is
because the Cosmos are most easily visible at night, even though
they are visible at all times. Because he is awake mostly at night,
the light blue glow that surrounds him causes him to look like a
ghost. This blue glow is the source of the rumors of Bran being a
wandering spirit.

“Have you heard of that lost spirit that grants blessings?”

The Basics:
Bran is a mysterious young lion, nearing his 300’s. Not much is known about him save for the rumors that began towards the beginning of the war. At first, many believed him to be a dream or a vision, but eventually those rumors evolved into him being a wandering spirit who never made it to the Lake of Eternity.

He was born in the unknown lands, where the Oasis resides. His family was small troop of Wanderers, most possessing the element of Life. Bran and his family were strange even among lions from the unknown lands because they were oddly spiritual. They worshipped the Cosmos, which gave all things life.

When he reached the age of 150, Bran left his family, heading to the pride lands. He made it his life mission to bestow his gift of life on those in need. He is only ever seen at night, however, and this is because the Cosmos are most visible at night and Bran wants it to witness his good work.

Abilities:
Bran is a very powerful life bender causing his element to manifests itself as an eerie blue glow around him. He has the ability to grant life to those who have recently passed on, but only if their spirit still lingers by their body. Bran can also sense life forces, as well as when life forces are weakened or going out. Major battles tend to cause him great pain because he can feel so many lives ending all at once.

“Little do they know… He’s not a spirit at all.”

I am not known by many. To most, I am simple a myth, a legend… They believe me to be a wayward spirit, one that has lost its way to paradise. I let them believe what they want and have accepted my role as the Spirit. But despite the rumors and gossip, I am very much alive…

xxxxxxxThe sky grew dark as night fell upon the LoC home planet. The sound of clanking metal echoed across the landscape as a battle ceased. Both Pride and Rebel warriors returned to their camps, exhausted and wounded. As darkness fully engulfed both camps and the warriors were patched up and ready to accept the sleep that was tugging them by their limbs a faint blue glow appeared on the horizon.
xxxxxxxAs the glow drew nearer, the shape of a young lion could be made out in the darkness. The stranger floated amongst the battle field where bodies of fallen lions dotted the ground. Anyone viewing this strange figure would believe it to be a spirit or ghost, but little did they know this lion was a simple nomad. He calls himself Bran. And as he walked among the dead, he searched for any lions whose spirits still lingered in their bodies. “The Cosmos weeps tonight…” he whispered to himself as he came upon a pile of glittering black dust, remnants of a lion killed by another’s tail spade. The strange lion looked to the stars, his eyes glossy with tears, “Forgive them…” He continued to wander, granting life back to those lions whose spirits clung on. After healing all those he could, Bran drifted between the two opposing camps.
xxxxxxxBran visited the Pride lions camps first. He slunk through the darkness, his fur giving off a ghostly glow. He quietly walked among the sleeping lions, healing the wounded and giving them all strength. As he continued, the earthy brown nomad heard voices amid the shadows. Bran snuck around a large crag, soon spotting those who were speaking.“How many did we lose?” A starry lioness asked as several of the pride lions laid around in the darkness, all of them still fully armored. “Too many, Metsastys…” Someone replied, everyone growing very quiet, before continuing their discussion.
xxxxxxxBran listened as they spoke, his heart sinking as the group of lions discussed the war that was taking place between the two factions. He felt a lump form in his throat as they listed all the names of the lions who perished in the battle they just fought. Every mention of a death and violence caused Bran’s heart to ache with sorrow. So many lives lost… How could such atrocities be allowed to take place? he thought to himself as the Pride lions drifted to sleep.Once all had grown quiet Bran emerged from his hiding place approaching the lions to heal them. A single tear rolled down his cheek as he prayed for the Cosmos to forgive these lions’ actions.
xxxxxxxBran quickly finished healing a lioness, of which he would later learn went by the name of Metsastys. As he turned to head to the opposite camp a sharp whisper pierced his ears, “Who are you?” It was Metsastys, the lioness he just healed. “Answer me. Who are you? What are you?” She asked again more insistent this time. Bran looked at her, surprised at first but gave her a gentle smile.
xxxxxxx“Worry not. I am but a messenger of the Cosmos, sent to bless you.” Bran’s voice was light and airy, but this was all he said to the lioness. Bran then turned away from the lioness, and began to walk away; the way in which he moved made him appear very much like a wandering spirit, drifting across the landscape.

I am a messenger of the Cosmos… I bring life and healing to those in need. I am the ghost that brings blessings to all, no matter their past deeds. All life is precious and I will live out my life protecting it at all costs.

“We were blessed with the power over life, and so it is our duty to protect life at all costs.”
~Bran when speaking to Isolet

I’ve met very few other lions… Most sleep while the Cosmos watches over them. However, of the ones I have met and gotten to know, few were lions who had chosen to live their life under the light of the sun. One of which, I had met not long after a group of strange lions appeared from the Arch.

xxxxxxxBran was wandering around the Lake of Eternity. He liked to come here, ever curious about the waters that harbored a paradise for the deceased. However, as he was walking a powerful feeling washed over him causing Bran to collapse in shock. Something…. something powerful had arrived on the home planet…
xxxxxxxBran recovered from his shock as quickly as he could before bolting through the darkness, heading to the Arch. What is it? He though as he ran, What life form could cause such a feeling within me? Bran soon arrived at his destination creating a small patch of plant growth to conceal himself. He stared in awe as he witnessed several powerful lions surround the Great Arch. Bran could sense the life forces they possessed. Their life forces were new yet ancient at the same time, and this greatly confused the young life elemental.
xxxxxxxAs he observed these strange beings, one caught Bran’s full attention. A great, antlered lioness who’s life force felt oddly familiar to him. “Good it be… He whispered to the grasses, “Could she be an Original?” The lions soon dispersed and the flowered young male couldn't help but follow the stoney lioness. He kept his distance from her following the pulse of her life energy, but eventually he dared to get close…
xxxxxxxAs Bran cautiously neared the lioness the earth under his paws suddenly wrapped around him in a tight embrace. “Who are you? And why are you following me?!” The lioness demanded turning around, her eyes were filled with deadly seriousness. However, Bran could hardly breath let alone speak and the lioness approached him. As she neared him her eyes grew wide in shock, “Impossible…” She said quietly, “No its not possible that that cub survived… Let alone reproduced…” With that she released Bran enabling his lungs to fill to capacity. Once he stood up, the two faced one another.
xxxxxxxAlthough they possessed clear differences, it was clear that the two lions were distantly related. Bran stared at her wide-eyed before a large smile spread across his face, “Blessed by the Cosmos!” He said before approaching her excitedly, “Y-you’re not from this time are you! I can tell! Your life energy is so different and yet here you are!” Bran seemed to dance about her, which seemed to irritate the lioness. Eventually, the excited young lion sat down in front of her, his soft yellow eyes still filled with excitement, “I am Bran of the Oasis. What is your name?”
xxxxxxx “I’m Iseult.”

After meeting Iseult, I asked her to teach me new ways to use my powers over life. Although her methods didn't follow my beliefs, I was still grateful to learn from her.

“I have met many who live in the shadows, but I believe that one day they will be able to walk under the light of the Cosmos once more.”
~Bran when speaking Aries

"Well Aries? What do you think I should do?" Bran asked a dark male lion with a starry, flowing mane. The two males sat atop a ridge that overlooked a valley. Bran and Aries had become close over the past few years after learning they both worshipped the Cosmos in some way. The two stared across the land as the sky lightened, signaling the coming of dawn. In the valley below them was the carnage of a battle, although the lions involved showing signs of starting it up again."Iseult told me I shouldnt care about them and focus on myself more, but...." Bran trailed off, looking up at his friend who let out a sigh.
"Don't listen to her Bran." The starry maned lion said, "It's not her place to give commands."
"Then what should I do? I don't want to reveal myself but t-this fighting-" Bran winced, looking back at the valley where the two factions had started to kill one another again. "I can't allow this to continue. Our Mother will punish us all if this continues..."
"I agree, this isn't good.. Maybe--" Aries was hesitant, Bran looked at him with hopeful eyes and he wasn't sure how the male would react. Maybe you should make your presence known. Now here me out, Aries cut off the life elemental before he had a chance to protest, "If you became more bold in your healing missions, maybe even talk to a few of those who see you, maybe you can send a warning or something." Bran thought about it for a while as he stared down at the raging battle below, visibly wincing as he sensed each death that took place.Eventually the young lion nodded, "You're right, my friend. It's time I teach them what will happen if the insulting of the Cosmos continues..."

Hours later, after the day began and ended, a ghostly figure came drifting from the shadows. Unlike in the past when Bran would wait for all other lions to go to sleep, Bran approached the surviving lions when they still dotted the battle field. When lions from both factions spotted him, Bran watched as their eyes filled with shock, revealing they have heard the rumors about him or at least thought he was a wandering spirit. "It's the ghost!" someone said, "He's come to revive the dead! Gods bless!" said another. They last comment sent a rage running through Bran's body. "I HAVE NOT COME TO SAVE!" He roared causing the lions before him to either tremble or to take a defensive stance out of fear. "I have come to warn you!" Bran's eyes began to glow a faint blue as his anger and sadness grew, "You all are sinning before the eyes of your Great Mother, the Cosmos. I am a messenger of Her will, and have healed your dead and wounded for her sake...." Bran shut his eyes allowing a few of the lingering spirits to become visible, "BUT NO LONGER!" With that the spirits let out silent screams just as they reached their bodies before disappearing. Bran's eyes opened, a tear rolling down his cheek, "If you don't stop killing each other then I will stop healing your dead... And they will become spirits just like me, except worse..." Bran left after that. He returned to his home in the Umoya Forest and wept for the souls he didn't allow himself to save.

Relationships:

Iseult: Bran and Iseult are distantly related. Despite there visual similarities, these two lions couldn't be more different. While Bran does all things out of the good of his heart, Iseult does things only to benefit herself. Because their related, Iseult is attempting to teach Bran to use his element to take power for himself, however, Bran only turns her teachings into new ways to do good.

Aries: Bran met Aries when he ventured too close to the Pride lands. The two got along quite well as they both have similar spiritual beliefs. With Aries gift that allows him to read the stars, Bran could not help but be attracted to the Pride male. Aries agreed to keep Bran’s existence a secret, however, the two often meet at night to discuss happenings with the Cosmos, as well as where Bran should head next.

Metsastys: Bran and Metsastys have only ever encountered each other face-to-face on one occasion. After that Stys has seen Bran’s ghostly figure on multiple occasions after battles. She believes he is the wandering spirit the rumors are about.

Extras

Fun Facts: - One of Bran’s hidden characteristics is that he is jealous of female lions. He envies them for their ability to create life, whereas he can only prolong or mend it.
xxxxxxx- Bran resides in the Umoya forests when he isn’t traveling. Despite the dangerous gases released by the trees, Bran simply heals himself while there. This also adds to the belief that he is a ghost.
Last edited by dragoncool97 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Marking!
I absolutely adore this design, I may or may not try out <3

Ahh, I wish I could try out but I just don't have the time </3
Good luck to everyone who is trying out; at least he'll get a wonderful home
Last edited by Blumoonwolf on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatDragonAdara » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Username: ThatDragonAdara
Name: Lilan
Personality:
History:
4 extras only and 3 art pieces only!

SCREEEE WIP

♢ She/Her, They/Them ♢
✦ ENTP ✦
My KalonsKithclan
Warren of Place Fell
ThatDragonAdara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demonthief. » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Tentative res. Hopefully I'll have time.
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Username: Isabella45
Name: Terran (Meaning, 'Earthman')

Personality:
Terran is very intelligent, very skilled, a not overly humble. He certainly has his share (Maybe more than his share) of pride and he doesn't bother to duck his head or feign modesty when complimented. If someone were to say to him, "You are a very talented healer, we are lucky to have you," Terran would likely reply with an, "I know'.
He has always been mature and serious for his age, and rarely one to join in the games the other cubs his age liked to play. Terran can be brusque and short with his patients, but only because it is his way of keeping them from panicking and keeping himself from getting emotional. Even if it doesn't show, he is always happiest when using his healing ability.
One couldn't exactly say he has a way with cubs, but he is as kind to them as he can be. Honestly, cubs make him nervous.
Terran has a sharp tongue and a quick wit, but being poetic or romantic are not his thing. Neither of these things bothers him particularly though.
Terran is very good at telling what other lions might be thinking or feeling.
He is observant, a skill that often helps him as a healer. Terran isn't terribly social outside of his job. He doesn't really ever know what to say to other lions and prefers to keep to himself anyway. He doesn't let his emotions show if he can help it, and it take a lot to really effect him emotionally.
Terran is more than willing to offer advice or his opinion, whether wanted or not. Sometimes he seems harsh, but brutal honesty tends to seem that way sometimes. Blunt is just his nature and he is perfectly happy being himself and doesn't plan on changing for anyone.
History:
Terran was born to nomads. His mother and father were both Healers, and Terran had always wanted to follow in their footsteps. His parents taught him a lot about Healing when he was a cub, and the three of them were very close.
For years his parents had traveled, looking for Terran's lost sibling. His older sister. She had been taken from them as a cub and they had never given up on finding her, even leaving their pride behind to find her.
At first Terran was happy with his life, traveling a bit, healing those that he met who needed it. But eventually he began to feel a need to belong somewhere and really be able to help other lions, and when he expressed this to his parents they seemed troubled.
They didn't really react at first, but when he mentioned it again they said that he would have to make his own choice and go where his heart led him. Terran asked them if they would come with him, but they said they wouldn't. They couldn't.
Terran was confused and asked why. They said that they simply couldn't give up their search for their lost cub. At first Terran felt guilty, maybe it was wrong of him to wish to leave his parents to search alone. But it was something his mother said that gave him confidence to go out on his own. She told him that he had his own life to live, and as much as they enjoyed having him with them, he had to go out into the world and crate a life for himself, not theirs, or his sisters. She explained that she and his father didn't want to give up their search, and truth be told, enjoyed their nomad life.
Terran left the next morning with instructions on how to find his parents old pride. He found it, and they accepted him, both because of his ability and because they remembered his parents and their parents before them. Terran found his place among his new pride, and hasn't seen his parents since. But he likes to think that they are as happy as ever, and maybe found their lost cub. Sometimes he misses being with them, but he doesn't regret leaving and he is certain he has made the right choice to stay here and help the pride.

His relationship with Iseult:

It was a day like any other it seemed, when Iseult was in her fortress lounging in queen like fashion, every inch the goddess she was.
That is, until she saw him. A young lion who had the slightest bit of resemblance to her, and perhaps someone she had once known, though she couldn't recall exactly whom just then.
Something about him roused her curiosity and she wondered what tales he might tell, what information he might have if she were to descend and arrange a casual meeting.
And that, is just what she did.

Terran first saw his ancestors as she walked in the woods, her very presence seeming forbidden, dangerous, and wonderful all at the same time. As Terran observed her, sure he was unseen, he caught a glimpse of the power she weilded, and he decided then and there that he would give anything else to acquire knowledge of how to use his own power in the same way.

When Iseult was sure he was watching she set the scene. Just a little power to make him curious and hopeful, and of course, she would feign ignorance of his presence, if only to lend to help further draw him in to her web. After all, how could he resist? And when she approached him in all her splendor and power, offering him a chance to learn what only she could teach him, he fell right into her snare and inwardly she cheered herself at this victory, already planning her next move.

Despite not being the most sociable or amiable lion around and being more than a little proud, Terran is not selfish or obsessed with himself, and he hold himself to a high moral code as his pride expects. However, his distant ancestor, Iseult, is all of the things that he is not and more.

Ever since Terran met her he was drawn to her power, but at the same time wary of her less noble qualities.
Terran admires her for her abilities and strength, but at the same time he finds her ethics and overall personality a bit wanting.
While he wants to learn from her, some of what she would teach him he wants nothing to do with. Iseult has tried to encourage him to feed what power he has, to always aim for more, and while that is not bad in itself, her suggestions on his use of such power are not entirely in line with his standards or morals.

Though the two have managed to exist peacefully, there was once a time where Terran irritated her almost to her limit and Iseult threatened to leave and cut off his training, and Terran glimpsed, not for the first time, the danger that hid beneath the surface where her beauty and silver tongue charmed and wheedled with a practiced excellence . Terran’s was more careful after that, not to anger the powerful lioness, and she was pleaed, because her threat had merely enforced her facade, being there only to train him. Her true purpose, to gain from him what she could while she could, remained unseen by Terran who too often forgot the truth beneath what she sometimes appeared to be.

Terran’s somewhat sarcastic nature annoys her and when combined with his relentless refusal to simply listen and not question it can push her to limits she never knew she had, or has at least forgotten she once had. Of course, she also brings out the emotional side of him, usually in the form of anger or frustration.
Iseult seems to find something in him that she deems worthy enough that she keep teaching him, though she tells him only what she wants him to know and keeps many things to herself. She seems confident that she can make him see her point of view on power and how it is best wielded, and he seems determined not to let her pull him away from the standards and morals he holds dear.
It was Iseult’s supernatural power that drew Terran to ask for her knowledge to begin with, and Iseult and Terran both doubt that the temptation of bettering and strengthening his use of his power will make him give in to her darker teachings. . . . But, whether he can remain immune to the power that her words, backed by all the force of her intelligence and craftiness, is less certain.
She confuses him, and the more he is around her the grayer and blurrier the line between good and evil seems to get
Last edited by -Isabella- on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby steamplonk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 am

mark!! wowee
quittin'
blease don't msg me asking for stuff
tysm
steamplonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charboo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:41 am

There is exactly 1 week left to finish your forms!
Extensions will be given if so desired!

She/her || Pisces
Image --Image
||
FR // Anime List // Tolters
Sister

Pixels done by Sun bear.
Charboo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery