Artist dragoncool97 [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adoption #85-89 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Postby dragoncool97 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 am

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #85-89 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

Closes Friday March 17th!!!!

This is another group of orphan cubs. If it wasn't obvious enough, they were all based off different types of birds: Magpie, Red Winged Blackbird, Blue Jay, and female Cardinal.

The top two cubs are NON-OWNER ONLY, meaning if you already own an L.O.C. you can't adopt them. The bottom two are free game.

Water Cub (male): ---
Fire Cub (female): ---
Air Cub (female): ---
Earth Cub (male): ---

Code: Select all
Username:
L.O.C. Name:
Personality:
Art/Story:
Extras:

Edit: Also! Feel free to include their views on the war.
Edit 2: Cubs can age up after three (3) months real time. Once you want your cub to age up please PM me and I will transfer them to the adult lines. :D
Last edited by dragoncool97 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dragoncool97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoption #85-89

Postby NizoLuv » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am

Username: NizoLuv
    L.O.C. Name: Atam
    Meaning: "Red Earth"

Cub
      Atam is enjoying his life as a cub. He gets to romp around all day with his best friend and when he isn't, he's spending time with his Father. He enjoys not having any real responsibilities other than keeping out of trouble and staying out of the Unknown Lands. He has dreams and plans to pursue them once he's old enough! But, for now. He's taking his time learning to control his powers and hone his skills. He'll run off to bother scouts and other cub trainers while his dad is away.

Scout
      Atam loves spending time in the air and what better way than to help his Pride? He takes great pride in what he does and has always looked up to Scouts since he was young. He wishes to pay the Pride back for everything by helping to ensure their safety from enemies both high and low. He also, "secretly", wants to make his Father proud of him and will do everything in his power to do so. Atam just can't sit still long enough to be a simple Pride Member but eventually, once he decides to retire, he'd love to try and become a Cub Trainer like Inna.

Element: Earth
      "A lion with the gift of earth can: Make things grow, move mountains, levitate rocks, thrust earthen objects with great force, create barriers or protective shields. (Uses whatever material is around)

• Geokinesis
        User can create, shape and manipulate earth and "Earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state, dirt, soil, etc.

• Burrowing
        The user is capable of tunneling through the earth with ease. Atam only uses this to hide from others. As he doesn't like to actually move through the earth unless he has to. His wings tend to catch on roots and other debris.

• Earthquake Generation
        The user can create earthquakes at will. Atam can control the degree of the quake. Can be powerful, earth splitting quake or a simple tremor. The duration and strength depend on his needs and concentration. Requires all four paws to be firm on the ground. The area around him won't be affected so it's advised his allies either take to the skies or retreat to him to avoid it.

• Earth Manipulation
        Move/lift earth, rocks, boulders, and stones at nearly any speed whether in/on a surface, air or water. Usually Atam uses this to move islands out of his way or in his way, to hide behind in case his cover is almost blown. He also uses it for minimal tasks, such as moving large boulders away from dens or helping to rescape an area.

• Earth Aura
        The user can release and surround themselves in/with earth and earthen materials for defensive and/or offensive purposes, possibly becoming almost untouchable and granting them various abilities/attacks. Atam isn't the best when it comes to close combat, so this is usually always used as a defensive tactic if he's stuck on the ground.

• Earth Communication
        The user can communicate with the earth and earth minerals such as sand, mud, dirt, stone, rock, etc. by touching it physically. Earth can tell the user of what happened or what is happening, help them to track someone at long distance away, etc. Atam uses this to check out the surrounding area. Depending on the vibrations he feels, he may be able to tell how many lions, if any, are in a certain radius to him. It isn't 100% accurate, but it's saved him some time and avoided trouble in the past.

• Ground Rupturing
        The user can channel energies into the ground and cause the area to rupture and burst. For a strong force, Atam requires time to collect enough energy to force into the ground. Uses more as a means of escape or as a distraction by disrupting the target(s) footing.

• Unearth
        The users can unearth things from underground. Atam is limited to only things he'd be able to lift himself as well as knowing the location of said object or being. If not, who knows what he'd be bringing up while exhausting himself.

• Mud Wave
        With the assistance of a water element, Atam can create a wave of mud to hinder the target, either slowing their movements or entrapping them in thick, cement like mud that should cover the majority of their body.

• Mud Bolt
        With the assistance of a water element, Atam can launch projectiles differing in density depending on the two lion's intentions. Can be a simple as a muddy water splashed in the target's face to temporarily blind them or a hard barrage of mud projectiles.

Atam still wants to play around and try out new attacks and moves, and especially combos with other elements, as time goes on.

Personality:

Rambunctious; "uncontrollably exuberant; boisterous."
    Atam is high strung in the sense he's always moving about. He can never stay in one place for long without good reason, which sometimes gets him scolded by Inna. Atam is ready for anything and everything and often keeps Inna on his toes. The cub doesn't tire easily either. Always ready to spar or play at a moment's notice. Inna fears his energy is endless....

Adventurous; "willing to take risks or to try out new methods, ideas, or experiences."
    Atam's energy tends to guide him in the direction of pretty much anywhere his paws, or wings, can get him. As long as they stay within the Pride's reach. Inna forbid him from leaving the Pride's territory, so his adventures are usually a relatively unexciting event. He loves to roam around though, and will often do so with the company of one of his friends. He especially loves exploring the many floating islands around the pride's skies. Or even just racing from one to the other. Atam loves experiencing new things and and that sometimes can get him into a pickle. Inna has warned him about the many...interesting plant species on the planet, so Atam has yet to find much reason to investigate them himself...for now, anyways.

Atam is always looking for new ways to use his element. Usually moving small rocks around or trying to build small pillars or walls with the ground under his paws. He wants to see just what he can do now and what he could possibly do in the future.

Caring; "displaying kindness and concern for others."
    Atam is a very caring cub. He's always worrying about his friends and especially his Father. Atam may not treat others equally, the cub, of course, still plays favorites with the ones he loves. But he's always kind to others unless they prove otherwise. He's sweet to cubs younger than him and to anyone he may respect. He's always happy to help others if needed as well.

Meddlesome; "fond of meddling; interfering."
    Atam tends to stick his nose in other people's business out of concern rather than nosiness. He's a little troublesome to Inna in this aspect of his character, as the cub is ,unknowingly, always trying to introduce Inna to random females throughout the Pride. He'll also try and help out any of his friends with any problems they may have, personal or not.

Confident; "feeling or showing confidence in oneself; self-assured."
    Atam is confident, in what, we'll have to wait and see. But the cub never looks down on himself, and if he ever has any doubts he'll go straight to his Father or even his Best Friend for encouragement. He rarely doubts himself and is always set on what he does. He doesn't like to double thing his decisions and takes everything head-on. If someone tries to talk down to him, he'll just shrug it off or tell them they're wrong or that he doesn't care. He knows he has others to support and love him so he isn't seeking someone to please or to be pleased. He couldn't careless what others may think about him as long as his image is positive or at least loved in the eyes of those he truly cares for.

Affectionate; "readily feeling or showing fondness or tenderness."
    Ooh boy. Atam isn't afraid to show his love for others. He can be very clingy and cuddly with those he's close to and is often seen clinging or hanging from Inna. Atam loves to have physically contact with those he loves, even if they're just laying around or sleeping. He'll show his fondness or like towards others pretty early on in the relationship but if the other party is uncomfortable with it, he'll attempt to stop himself until they say its okay. He doesn't see affection as anything weird or unusually but won't judge (maybe secretly pity them a little bit) others that don't like or get the same level of affections and physical touches as he does.

Naive; "showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment."
    Atam is pretty slow. He doesn't pay much attention to the actual workings of the Pride so he could be very easy to trick and deceive. Inna often warns the cub to keep an eye on his surroundings and not to talk to strangers, but thats something Atam just can't help. Thankfully Atam hasn't fallen prey to any ill intended lion just yet. And Inna hopes it'll never happen. Atam still has a lot to learn and to realize. But with the help of his Father, friends, and the Pride, he'll soon be able to watch his own back.

Carefree;"free from anxiety or responsibility."
    Atam doesn't really pay much attention to things around him unless it'll negatively affect his loved ones. Just like, he hasn't realized Inna isn't his real Father and hasn't even questions why he doesn't have a Mother. The thought just never crossed his mind before and shrugs off most of the cubs telling him he isn't Inna's son. Because in his mind, he knows he is. He goes about his day doing as he wants and hoping Inna doesn't mind out what little mischief he might get into throughout the day.

Worrywart; "a person who tends to dwell unduly on difficulty or troubles."
    Atam worries more so about others than he does himself. Especially Inna. He knows some days are tougher on his Father, and he tries and takes it upon himself to help him out. Atam worried about his Father's social life sometimes but he's more worried about his health and mental state than anything. He couldn't even image how hard it could be to not be able to speak when you really wanted to, so Atam helps Inna out on his worst days and worries when he isn't around. Atam worried about his friends almost as much as he does his Father.

Curious; "eager to know or learn something."
    Atam is always eager to get into anything he can get his paws on. It often leaves him getting scolded by Inna, but its usually well worth the small punishment. Atam loves learning more about his element and about the world he lives in. But he's love to explore all the other planets in the future.

Outgoing;"friendly and socially confident."
    Atam is a friendly guy, always happy to engage in conversation with another, no matter the topic. He may not immediately approach something, as he usually watches from the sidelines for a little while before introducing himself. But once he gets going, he's gone. He's ready to take on the world, one lion at a time.

Troublemaker;"a person who habitually causes difficulty or problems, especially by inciting others to defy those in authority."
    Atam can be a little bit of a bad boy from time to time. He may get into the occasional fight here and there or trick another cub into doing something they probably really shouldn't be doing. Inna is usually more annoyed than he is mad when he has to deal with Atam's antics. Atam usually doesn't plot anything to cause harm to anyone, but accidents can and do happen every now and then.

Story:
      The Journey's End.

Atam was born into a small family. The cub lost everything so young he doesn't even realize. Neither of his parents were from the Pride nor the Rebellion. They came from far away, hearing of the Time Alpha and the wonders of the Pride's life. They wanted it for themselves and their young, so they set off to that dream. They traveled far and for a long time, only stopping to let the cub rest from time to time on their journey.

Unfortunately for the family, the news of the rebels and the dangers that lurked outside the Pride's reach didn't get to their ears until it was too late. Just as they could see the Pride in the distance, they were attacked by a group of lions. They were killed in the battle, but the Mother's quick and desperate thinking saved the life of their son. She had quickly surrounded the small cub in a case of Earth and buried the cub and sent him toward the pride from underground. She had hoped she could have lived just long enough to send her son right into the pride, but she was killed much too soon. With the last bit of energy, she managed to get the cub to the surface, startling a member of the pride.

Family's More Than Blood.
      in inna's pov

I jumped back as something burst, sloppily, might i add, out of the ground a little bit away from my face. My fur stood on end as the sudden appearance...at...what looked like an earthen egg? I cocked my head to the side, trying to think of what or, well, who could have done this. I straightened up and looked around. I didn't see any other lions around. Confused i watched it for a moment, before my eyes widened in shock. a bit of it was crumbling from the force of its escape. And...fur? No no. It couldn't be. There's so way that could be, with such a small thing...

I was doubting myself again. But it couldn't be true. No one in their right mind would do that. Ha. Yeah, that was right.Just Who in their right mind would send a cub in such a thing, so crudely at that? No one in the Pride for sure... Of course i had to check. Of course. My body was telling me no but the back of my mind was panicking at the thought.

I approached the egg. As i got closer it jerked. I closed my eyes tight, my heart aching. It was a cub. And such a young thing at that. I hurried to it, gently breaking the dirt away from it's tiny body. "Who could have...." i just couldn't believe what i was seeing in front of me. By the look of it, the poor child had just recently learned to walk yet its paws looked hardened and worn. I shook my head. The cub must have been walking way more than it's little body should have.

I still couldn't understand why it was in such a thing in the ground. i looked in the direction it may have came in, from how the ground was disturbed. Perhaps i could follow it? Hmm... I gently grabbed the cub and followed the upturned earth. I stopped some miles out. Unsure of what to do now. The trail has gotten thinner and thinner as i went, but i assumed it meant i was getting closer and closer to the ones responsible. But, instead, it seemed as if the trail continued under the surface of the ground and out of the Pride's territory. Which could mean anything honestly, but i had a gut feeling i needed to go back. And go back now.

I didn't want to jumble the cub up anymore than it already was, but it seemed like it was so exhausted that it's entered such a deep sleep that even a little swaying won't wake it. I trotted back to camp, careful to avoid other lions as i headed straight to my den. The cub wasn't of the Pride. And the only other group i know of....is the rebels. Would the rebels leave such a small cub out in the pride?

A trap.

It could be. I could report this to any of the Leaders or even Ethereal himself. Yeah. I should. I headed over towards them, only to stop a few steps into my decision....What would happen to the cub? They wouldn't kill it, surely....surely not.

They wouldn't. I don't know what im thinking but even just the thought of them doing anything... No no. I turned quickly, trotting back to my den before anyone noticed me. I gently placed the cub down on my bed, panicking while i thought about what to do next. Should i inform someone? Should i not? But, what would happen if i don't....how would i explain the cub...

What would happen to him if i did? Would they take him away somewhere? In the midst of my inner panicking, i glanced down at the cub, it was squirming in its sleep, dreaming, and crying softly. I calmed as i watched the cub, bending down to give it a few gently licks to quiet it. I let out a sigh and sat down in front of my bed, watching the cub sleep for while before resigning.

I had to tell them about the cub. In case there were others out there somewhere. And if they wanted to take him away, I'd fight. I'd protest. And I'll plead for the cub to stay in my care....

Years past since then. I knew better, the Pride is open and willing. But the little voice picking at the back of my mind is louder than i'd like. But i'm glad i overcame it.

Because now, i have a son i couldn't dare to replace.

[url=[/img][/img[/url]
      by Me

Relationships:
    • Pride
      Atam really loves the Pride. He's never had any thoughts about wanting to leave or even being a nomad. He always wants to be in the heart of the Pride when he isn't busy. He loves all the lions in it, even if he doesn't know many of them. And best yet, Inna and Amaterasu live in the Pride as well!

• The War
      To be honest, Atam doesn't really know what's going on. All he knows is that there are lions that are targeting the Pride and that it's dangerous to venture out of the Pride's territory. He's asked Inna about it before, but Inna only told him so much, saying it's "something you'll have to worry about when you're older, but for now, just continue being a cub. please." Atam doesn't ask much about it anymore...

• Inna
      Atam sees Inna as his Father, and he doesn't know any better. He wholeheartedly believed the male is his biological Father and has never really questioned it before. No matter what though, Atam will love Inna the most out of any lion in the Pride. He wants to do right by him and make the older male proud!

• Amaterasu
      Amaterasu is Atam's best friend. He loves her too. Though not as much as Inna. Atam loves to play with his girl and is usually always hanging out with her if he isn't following Inna or some Scout around all day. She's like a sister to him and he wouldn't want it any other way. He'll always jump to her defence and protect her from anyone that tries to bully her (not that he needs to). He knows she's stronger than him, but that doesn't stop his worrying.

• Xochipilli
      Atam thinks this cub looks...odd. But he likes him. He's very friendly towards Atam and is really fun to play with whenever they meet. Atam would love to get to know the cub better. It's on his imaginary bucket list...if Atam remembers he has one...

• Kaida
      Atam likes Kaida. He'll often go to her when Inna is busy or can't teach him. She's very sweet to him and Atam loves the feeling he gets when he's around her. He feels she's very motherly and he enjoys that feeling. He'd love to see her more often but he feels like Inna would get lonely if he switched teachers for more than a day.
Last edited by NizoLuv on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Offering all items and pets for art. Rares list and '08-'18 pets

[ exhausted personal butler to 100s of dogs and cats.]
[ am i human or am i just a walking food dispenser and pooper scooper]

Add me on Discord, #8906
NizoLuv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:57 am

Username: NARANDA
Name: Amaterasu | Origin: Japanese | Meaning: Heaven & Sky
By Rainbow Veins
Personality:
Quiet | Introverted | Calm Exterior | Imaginative

Amaterasu tends to be very quiet, nearly silent. She does not speak much if at all, the only ones who are not surprised by her speaking are those closest to her, which is a very small group. She tends to be more introverted, avoiding large groups and preferring to spend her time thinking and daydreaming about what she has seen or learned. She enjoys solitude and can become exhausted or grouchy when she is around a noisy bunch for far too long. She puts up with very few without getting grouchy and wandering off when they are with her. Grouchy for her is truly when she shoots dagger filled looks at those around her, making it seem like she if silently wishing death on them. She seems like a calm lioness on the outside, keeping her cool and rarely raging out on others, at least in public. She does have a tendency to wish the worst on others and can think of some pretty nasty ways to perish, want to know as many weird ways to die as possible? Well she is your girl. She does imagine some good things as well, especially when it comes to thoughts about Aquila, but once she is grouchy you can be pretty sure she is imagining and wishing death on those annoying her.

Clingy | Possessive | Vicious | Mask Of Innocence
Amaterasu is a little clingy of those she becomes close to and trying to get her to go anywhere without them if nearly impossible unless she wants to be away from them. They are the only ones she really sticks around despite being introverted, she mostly avoids others. She is very possessive of those closest to her, and especially her adoptive mother,
Aquila. She does not like when others try to steal her attention or when they try and separate the two. She can become quite the vicious thing when it comes to those who try and steal Aquila away from her and will go as far as to make their life hell while still looking innocent. In front of Aquila she always tries to look like the innocent little cub Aquila adopted, she hates when Aquila is mad at her and does anything possible to be a good little angel around her adoptive mother. As soon as Aquila is gone though she can be quite the devilish child, a "wolf in sheep's clothing" sort of a gal.

Occasionally Playful | Tactical | Quick Learner
Amaterasu does have a playful side, but even fewer see this side of her. She only plays in secret with a select few and if anyone else sees her playing they better keep their mouths shut. Aquila, Atam and Inna being the majority of this small group that she will not harm if they see her playful side. She prefers games and activities involving tactic though. She is very tactical and prefers to think things through and move in with a plan. Analyzing and planning are some of her best skills, and her scout wings greatly help in her analyzing a situation from a point of view few others can see. She tends to be a quick learner and has a knack for discovering weaknesses and learning abilities for her element quickly. She prefers any activity that will challenge her mind and her knowledge, as well as help her improve, mostly to impress and show off for Aquila.

Elemental Abilities:
Whistling Blades: Amaterasu can concentrate wind particles into a thin streak, like a blade. Can be used to cut through objects or cut into the flesh of enemies. This ability creates a whistling sound as they fly towards their target, earning them their name. The stronger Amy gets, the stronger and faster the blades become. As a cub they are but puffs of air that break apart on impact with a small "poof" sound. Once strong enough she can slice rocks clean in half, though this will take many years of practice and growing.

Redirection: Amaterasu can redirect air currents around her to make flying smoother for herself and for anyone else scouting with her. Can also be used in hunting to redirect the wind so their prey can not smell them coming. This takes less energy and strength then creating new currents. Stronger currents can be more difficult to redirect then gentle breezes, but the amount of change also determines how much energy is needed. A small correction would be easier then completely reversing the current.

Stagnation: Amaterasu can stop wind currents in a certain area or space, good to use against other scouts while they are in the air to slow them down, to make flying more difficult or more tiring. Also good for hiding her scent in a situation where she is surrounded. Sometimes uses this to create stagnation in the dens of those she does not like to start a bad smell or just to annoy them.

Wind Writing: Amaterasu can create wind currents in a place that is normlly stagnant or make a particular current stronger for a short amount of time. This helps her and her fellow scouts through stagnant air spaces and she can also use this to air out her family's den or the den of those she visits. This is more difficult then just adjusting the direction of a particular current and takes lots of practice to master.

Wind Tunnel: Amaterasu can make tunnels of wind such as tornadoes. All different shakes and sizes depending on what she needs. She can create a tunnel around her as defense, deflecting enemy attacks and even enemy lions, also good for disguising herself. Smaller tornadoes to clean up messes in her den and pile them up so they are easier to remove. Larger tornadoes to literally blow the enemy away, or if she can become strong enough she can use this to tear through flesh, dislocate limbs or even break bones. This can be even more dangerous if she is able to work with another elemental to add harmful or even deadly debris to the tornado. Length, size and angle of the wind tunnel all play roles in how much energy she is required to use for each wind tunnel.
As an cub: I at first debated being a pride member such as Aquila, but she encouraged me to become more. I first just trained to control my elements with no plans set for the future since I was so unsure at first. I guess it was always her dream to travel but she instead became a pride member. I finally started training as a scout so that I could make Aquila proud and so I could explore and see new things, something Aquila has been unable to do. I do hope this decision was the right one and that I will enjoy being a scout.
As an adult: I became a scout for her, to make her proud and to come home and tell her about all the places I see. I do know she does worry though since scouting is a high risk job, but when I come home safe she is happier and more proud then I could ever dream. I love it when she smothers me with love upon my return. I do not regret my decision as I enjoy the thrill of the activity and being able to share my explorations with my mother. I am glad I chose this rank instead of being a pride member.

Relationships:
Aquila - Adoptive Mother
    She is the most amazing, most perfect and the best lioness in the entire pride! No, in all the universe! I don't think I could have asked for a better adoptive mother. She is mine, all mine and sharing is definitely out of the question. She took me in, she gave me a name and she may not be my blood mother, but I feel like she is. She is the Queen of the Wind in my eyes and I am her princes. I would never do anything to upset her, well, at least not right in front of her.
Aquilo - "Adoptive Father"
    He dares to try and steal my mommy from me. Hell, his life shall be hell and I will make sure of it. While mommy is around I will play the part, as soon as she is gone though I will fight tooth and claw with him for her affection and attention. Mommy is mine and I will not let him steal her from me. As for being a father, he better prove himself just as worthy if not more worthy then mommy has. Mommy is perfect, he needs to be perfect or more then perfect for me to even consider him worthy of my affection and love.
Atam - Best Friend & Brother Figure
    He is my best friend, he actually seems more like a brother to me. He is the next closest to me after Aquila and I would never wish harm on him even though I sometimes think of him as a little dull in the head and sometimes annoying, but hey, that's a sibling figure for you! Got to love them no matter what! He is one of the only ones I ever play with and one of the very very few who have the honors of seeing my more playful side. He is my partner in crime and I am glad to have someone my age who likes me for me and who doesn't make me wish death upon them.
Inna - Uncle Figure
    I find him strangely sweet seeing as he kinda has this love for me like a niece despite probably seeing my darker side. I can't hate this lion, though he can be strangely annoying. I respect him and would never wish death upon him, but Atam plays a roll in that being my best friend and almost like a brother, making Inna sort of a second father sort of figure. He is one of the few who ever gets to watch me play and I do tend to wear a mask of innocence around him as well.
Nashira - Adoptive Grandmother
    I will of course respect her and look up to her like Aquila does, she is Aquila's mother after all, making her my grandmother. Her caring nature and loyalty is commendable and I am honored to meet the mate of the previous alpha and to be considered her granddaughter. I do wear a mask of innocence or quietness around her though as I would hate for Aquila to be rejected for harboring me, and I know I can be a disturbing lioness in the eyes of many in the pride.
Elsinore - Adoptive Aunt
    Aquila has told me she was once a gentle and patient lioness, though now she is vengeful. I sometimes think about her wanting revenge and it makes me think if I should get revenge for what happened to me. I do hope she achieves her goal, if not for her own sake, but for Aquila's sake. Anyone hurts my mommy should pay, hopefully Elsinore can help that process along as I hate seeing my mommy hurt or upset.
Artemis - Adoptive Aunt
    She is accepting of me but it is obvious she is weary of me, watching me as if to see if I will do anything harmful to the family. Like I would do that, harming the family would mean harming Aquila. I may think about it but I won't actually follow through with those ideas. Her bossy and opinionated nature makes me uncomfortable around her, but I will respect her for the sake of my mommy.
Arcturus - Adoptive Uncle
    I do not particularly trust him, he is quick to snap and mistrust. I will treat him with respect for the sake of Aquila and family, but I will never like him. I am more scared of him then anything and attempt to avoid him at all costs despite being family now. I am pretty sure he does not trust or approve of me either, so I guess we are even and have mutual feelings.
Rowtag - Adoptive Cousin
    I do not know him very well, but I do think we would have gotten along based on what I have heard about him. I am curious about him seeing as he is my cousin, but I do not see him as often as some of my other family members. Hopefully I can one day get to know him and find out for sure if we get along or not.
Khuza - Adoptive Cousin
    I find him to be quiet and kind, though he likes to visit family which is nice. He has accepted me as part of the family, I guess he finds it weird to have a cousin so much younger then him? Younger then his children? I am glad he has accepted me and is understanding of my situation, at least more so then some. We'll see if we can connect more as time goes on.
Phycodurus - Adoptive Cousin-in-law
    She seems like a very nervous lioness, but also very interesting. I am curious about her past and how she died, but I will not pester her about it. I am also curious about the leafy things that seem to grow from her, they are so unique and strange and yet is creeps me out a little as well. Her uniqueness that seems too connected to the water that stole her life away and the fact that she was once dead makes me weary of her. I do often try to imagine how she died mostly out of curiosity.
Phylopteryx - Adoptive Nephew
    He is very kind to me and I appreciate it, though I know he views this whole situation as strange. I can't blame him, having an aunt centuries younger then him would probably seems strange. I do think he worries too much about the family name though, he should not stress as much and should just enjoy being with the family. Well, despite that he is a nice lion.
Amestris - Adoptive Niece
    I find this lion to be very kind and sweet, but also adventurous. I think I could learn a lot from her since she is a cub trainer and more experienced then myself, now if only she had the same element as me. I respect her and I hope she welcomes me into the family as I would be sad if she were also suspicious of me like a few in the family seem to be.
Cladocora - Adoptive Niece
    I am never left alone with her, she is too uncomfortable around me to be left alone with me. Sometimes I wonder why, I was told it was just because I was not from the pride and that she might get used to me over time, but I honestly wonder if she sees my more dark side. Oh well, if she really skeptical of me because I am an outsider she is not worthy of my affections like my precious mommy. She does interest me though with those strange leafy things growing from her like her mother, it's so strange and also slightly creepy like how I find the leafyness of her mother.
Baeden - Adoptive Nephew
    He welcomed me with open arms and a smile, he even welcomed my strategic games. I will gladly play with him in order to practice my strategy skills with a skilled and trained warrior. He may not play by my rules but that definitely makes things more interesting since the enemy will not either. Time with him is more like fun training then anything else. I don't mind spending time with him and find that he is worthy of my respect.
Kimba - Adoptive Cousin
    He seems to want to help me and welcome me, but I don't think he has fully accepted me as of yet. He encourages me to hang around with his kids and to even train with Mirrah, but I don't know, I will have to get to know them all first. He seems like a nice guy though so I will respect him, hopefully he can fully accept me as I would rather be accepted then rejected, being rejected by family would make Aquila sad.
Mirrah - Adoptive Cousin-in-law
    I can sort of relate to her being as we both lost our family, and it seems she wants to relate and welcome me as a fellow abandoned lioness. She does get nervous when I am around her cubs though, but I guess mothers are protective. She makes me wonder if Aquila gets nervous when other lions are around me. She has offered to train me and I feel like taking her up on that offer but I know she will only be able to teach me so much being she is a death elemental while I am a air elemental. She encourages me to visit her and I feel I can connect with her being introverted as well, I hope she can help me settle somewhat into my new life and teach me how to survive here.
Dahlia - Adoptive Niece
    I feel like I am treading on glass when I am around her seeing as she is so sensitive. I slip up even a little and she will probably freak out or think I am crazy. She always give me a chance but I can't help but feel uncomfortable around her since I am not the most sensitive or gentle. I am not sure if we will ever get close, but she is family. Why must family be so much harder to figure out then strangers?
Damon - Adoptive Nephew
    I can only handle being around him for short amounts of time every time we visit his family. He talks so much and has so many questions I cant handle being around him so much. I don't mind him though and he is one of the few I will play with, but that is partially because he is family. It's nice that he is aware of his power, one should be aware, but I almost wonder if he knows too much and thinks too much of himself when he is really still a cub. I do hope he does not try anything that might cause him to get hurt, or worse, killed.
Corvus - Adoptive Nephew

Lost And Found:
I was not sure what to do, where to go. Panic and fear washed over me and seemed to control my body as hell broke loose around me. I could hear the roar of my father as he vanished in the swarm of angry Taxon, my mother's yelp from somewhere among the writhing bodies, struck by the sharp hooves. It was all out chaos as hooves struck the ground around me, horns swung through the air and my parents vanished among the moving bodies. We had no time to escape before they attacked us in defense. One wrong turn and were in all out war with our prey. My parents had always told me Taxon were more likely to fight then run but I had never fully believed them until this point. We had turned the corner around some boulder to come face to face with at least fifteen Taxon, and they were not happy to see us. "Run!" I heard his roar after my legs had already responded. I took off, dodging hooves and horns. I did not hear the squeak that escaped my own lips as I was kicked and sent flying onto the stone group. The world spun around me and I attempted to get up, but a Taxon that was backed away from the fray turned and it's hoof skimmed my back, making me freeze in fear. An opening, a chance to escape, I took it. I ran as fast as my little legs would carry me, unable to spread my wings due to injury from the kick. The sounds of Taxon and lions faded behind me as I ran into the distance, unable to stop my legs that seemed to obey my pumping heart then it did my will to wait. Pain caught up to me, making me finally pause to rest and take in what had happened. I looked back the way I thought I had come, but saw nothing. Just how far did I run? Images of my parents injured, or worse, dead popped into my head. I closed my eyes and I tried to shake away those images but they seemed to burn into my eyelids so whenever I closed my eyes I saw blood and death that might not even be true. "Stay calm, stay calm. Just start walking back, mommy and daddy are probably looking for me right now." I seemed to say to myself, taking a deep breathe. With teeth clenched I stood up and started to limp off on the direction I believed I had come from.

Stone and rocks, that is all I could see for miles, empty landscape. No signs of taxon, no signs of home, no signs of my parents. I started to feel worry as I trudged on in hope and fear. I was scared of stopping and never getting back up, I hoped I would run into my parents, I was afraid to keep going because I realized this was not the right way, but if I stopped they might never find me out here. My paws ached, my wing throbbed in pain, and my eyes finally began to water, letting out the tears that I had been holding back this whole time. I was lost and I had no idea how to find my way back, I could not even fly. I can not remember how long I was out there for, how long and I wandered and searched until I finally collapsed. I awoke swinging from the jaws of another lion, but I was too weak and aching to resist. I hadn't eaten for some time now since I was still relying on my mother's milk which was in low supply before I got separate, let alone a tiny little cub all alone that had no idea how to hunt or survive. I tried to look up to see where I was, but I could not with the way I was held. I could catch glimpses from the corner of my eyes though. I was definitely not in the wilderness anymore. I could see lions watching as we passed, and then it occurred to me the lion carrying me was running and quite quickly at that. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift in and out as the lion raced across the open space and into a cave beyond.

I could feel the rhythmic breathing of a body next to me, and I felt warm. The ground beneath me was soft and I was leaned up against a living creature. All the pain and the aches were gone and all that was left was exhaustion, I was still a little tired, but definitely more refreshed then I had been before. I lifted my head to the the light blue-grey fur and the white markings of the lioness who was curled up in the next with me. It looked like she had been watching over me but had fallen asleep in the process. I looked around at what I could see, spotting other nests in the large space and another lioness who was walking up and down the isle to check on sleeping lions. I looked back at the blue-grey lioness who's head was now lifted and was looking at me with bright turquoise eyes. "You are awake, feeling better?" she asked. I was a little scared, unsure who she was or if I could trust her, but I nodded. Her smile made me relax and yet made me afraid. "That is good. Do you have a name?" I swallowed and looked around nervously to see if anyone else was watching. "Amaterasu..." I replied slowly and nervously. "That is a beautiful name, though would you mind if I called you Amy?" she asked me, all I could do was shake my head, too scared to say no. "My name is Aquila. I found you injured in the wilderness." she introduced herself and explained to me what happened in brief and simple terms. I burst into tears as the story of what happened to my parents spilled from my lips. "We'll do everything we can to help you find them." her smile was reassuring, I suddenly felt safe. I clung to her leg and cried, she became one of the only ones to ever see me cry, but no matter what she stayed to comfort me. I never imagined her kindness would become something more.
Last edited by NARANDA on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 14 times in total.
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 am

Username: モリー
L.O.C. Name: Aqua
Element: Air
Personality:
Smart: Jake is really smart with things and he's never done anything stupid only when he was little at the time

Heart-loving: Jake has a warm heart for anyone he will all ways feel happy and never feel down.

Happiness: Jake is full with happiness and never let him self down from anything in the world

Art/Story: wip
Extras: Wip
Last edited by Mimu on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had...i did"
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 am

oh earth is darling! tentatively marking c:

edit: okay I'm gonna try for a different bab but good luck to everyone !!!
Last edited by iBrevity on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 am

Huh- marking for earth!

I already focused my attention on another adopt, but good luck to those who entered!
Last edited by Placebo on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCrow » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:25 am

Basics wrote:Username: CCrow
L.O.C. Name: Riven
Element: Earth
Theme Song:
Believer by Imagine Dragons

Personality wrote:wip

History wrote:Riven never thought he could lose everything. It had never occurred to him that the loss from war would ever reach him. But it did.

Riven was raised in the pride by a warrior for a mother and a scout for a father. His parents were very loving and treated him like he was the only thing that mattered to them. And he was. But when the war came, they decided that the pride was no longer safe for their cub.

Riven was nearing a hundred years of age when he and his small family left the pride lands in hope of finding a new life away from the rising conflict. He hadn't wanted to go, he wanted to stay and protect the place he had grown up knowing to call home. Yet it was no use. His parents were adamant in their departure. Thinking back on it now, Riven can still remember the annoyance he used to feel at their stubborn responses to his protests. Both of them were infuriatingly good at stomping out any arguments he or any other posed, a trait he now begrudgingly admits he inherited.

For nearly half the war, he and his parents traveled along the outskirts of the pride lands. From their makeshift dens they would often observe battalions and squads heading out for battle. One time Riven's father went on a scouting mission and had run into one of the pride squads. He returned with news that the rebellion was growing stronger, and that lions were dying by the second. His father, ever so loyal and fierce, demanded that they return to help their home. Riven's mother would have none of it. She tried to tell him that returning was useless, and that they would be killed by the rebels or banished for fleeing the pride. But his father would not listen. Later that day when Riven and his mother were asleep, he left.

Art/Story:
Extras:
Last edited by CCrow on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
CCrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatDragonAdara » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:33 am

I may have gone a little insane with this lol
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kamala
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Username:
ThatDragonAdara

L.O.C. Name:
Kamala
(Hawaiian word for flaming torch)

Element:
Fire

Scout

Personality:
•Protective•
Kamala is always ready to fight for the people she cares about, even if she is risking her own life in the process
•Daring•
She is never afraid to take a risk, no matter how likely the chance of failure
•Adventurous•
Kamala loves to explore, and is almost constantly doing so.
•Reckless•
She tends to get into a lot of fights, be it with her siblings or an adult lion.
•Over-Confident•
She isn't afraid to express herself, and she believes that she could survive almost anything.

Likes and Dislikes:

•Anything Hot
Anything Cold•

•Exercise
Boredom•

•Food
Being Hungry•

•Flying
Walking•

•Arguments
Secrets•

•Friends
Anyone of higher authority•

•Hunting
Waiting•

•Yelling
Whispering•

•Winning
Loosing•

•Fire
Water•

Art/Story:
-sorry for the giant image, my computer is being stupid right now and isn't letting me re-size it... Will be fixed soon! Oh, also I lightened up the main body colours a bit so you could see the lines better.. So it looks a tad off, but i'm too lazy to change it right now :P

Kamala is quite a reckless cub, who enjoys going on 'adventures'. Problem is, these adventures often get her into serious, if not near deadly trouble, and she often needs to be saved by one of the older pride members. In this case, Kamala had just made her first successful kill, yet her father is less than pleased with her...

Kamala was tentatively licking her paw as her father paced in-front of her, giving her yet another lecture about the war and how it was 'dangerous to go exploring'. Even when she tried to explain herself he would continue on with nonsense like: 'You can't just wader around looking for trouble.' 'Be more like your siblings' Blah blah blah. Kamala just wanted to go see the arch... she had heard so much about it, and to her knowledge it wasn't even that far away. But no matter how many times she had tried to get her father to take her, he wouldn't. Worst thing was, Kamala had no idea why... I mean, quite a few of her friends had seen it, and almost everyone in her pride had been through it at least once. He probably didn't trust her enough. She was constantly doing things like hunting when she shouldn't, roughhousing her siblings, eating too much or destroying valuable objects... But come on, she wasn't an idiot. She knew that if you didn't have specific clearance to go through the arch that you would get arrested, and it wasn't just going to prance right through it and go explore another planet.

Kamala rolled over onto her back and sighed, looking up at the stars. How many of those are under our protection? she thought, tracing constellations with her paw. I don't know, but I'm going to see them all! she sighed, wonder and pride filling her as she remembered her future rank.. She was going to be a scout, so maybe she would get to see them all! Explore enemy territory, claim new planets and protect the galaxy... It made her feel like a superhero. "Are you even paying attention to me?" Her father said, visibly angry at her for ignoring his ranting.

"Yea, I am" she said rather sarcastically, rolling over on her side to face him. "Dad, I'm not going to get hurt, you don't have to worry-"
"Yes, I do need to worry... You and your brothers and sisters are the future of this pride, and I do not want your reckless attitude to getting anyone hurt" her father said, sitting down and glaring at her. Kamala stared right back with equal anger, until her father sighed. "I wish you were more like your sib-"
"Why would I ever want to be like them? While you might think they are the definition of perfect, to me they are boring cowards who have nothing better to do than listen to you blabber on all day about battles and wars."
"Watch your tongue Kamala, or you might end up in much worse trouble than you are already in."
All I did was kill an amani! One little insignificant piece of prey. I thought you would at least be proud of me-"
Her father stood up suddenly. "Proud of you? Amani are extremely venomous. What you did was reckless and idiotic, and I don't want to catch you doing it ever again!"
"FINE." Kamala said angrily, glaring at her father.

Her father was so 'perfect'. Everyone loved him, and no one doubted his judgement. But to her, he was just another classic cookie cutter copy of every other noble pride leader... Big, dumb and strong. And she was just about done with his stupid rules and horrible stories. But what could she do? She wan't anywhere near old enough to become a scout yet, and leaving the pride at this age would just be stupid...
Or would it be?
She had just proven she could hunt on her own, and in her opinion she could survive on this planet without a pride, she just needed to wait for the opportune moment to leave.

Tomorrow night. It would be perfect. She had heard whispers around the pride that there was going to be a gathering that would take place tomorrow, and that her dumb father and all the other grown lions in her pride would be attending. Some news about the civil war or something? At this point, she really didn't care. It was always the same news; We won a battle, we lost a battle, lions died, blah blah blah. It was never anything interesting like 'We won the war'. At this point, Kamala didn't even know which side of the war she was on.. It was all too convoluted and confusing for her. She just wanted to explore, to see other worlds and to hunt. Problem was, no-one else in her pride was willing to do something like that with her... Or was there?

Kamala ran through the list of lions she knew in her head.
•There was her father- no, he was the person she was trying to run away from.
•There was her sister, but she was way to easily distracted to want anything to do with Kamala's adventures..
•Well, there was also her brother the Earth elemental, but he was too stubborn and loyal to leave the pride..
•And then there was her other brother...
"Ehh" Kamala exclaimed out loud at the though of him escaping with her. He was way too analytical.. He would probably just tell on her or abandon her once they left camp. But on the other hand, he may be able to come up with a solid escape plan..

Well, it was decided then. She was going to go talk to Arroyo, and decide whether or not he should go with her.

The next day:
"ARROYO!" Kamala yelled, barging into the small cave that her pride had made into a nursery. "I NEED TO TALK TO YOOOUUUU!" Almost five minutes of yelling later, Kamala found Arroyo curled up in the corner of the cave, underneath several animal hides, reading a book. "I need to talk to you" She said, sounding quite annoyed.
Arroyo slowly looked up from his book, and with a very bored-sounding voice he said "What"
"Let's go on a walk." Kampala said, sitting down in-front of Arroyo, trying to figure out what he was reading.
"No" Arroyo said, sinking back into the pile of hides with a sigh.
There was a short silence that echoes around the cave before Kamala swung her pronged tail around towards the book and said; "I'll set your book on fire"
Arroyo lifted up the furs slightly, and as soon as he saw Kamala's tail near his precious book, he bolted out of the furs and yelled "Okay okay lets go for a walk!"

They swiftly left the cave and walked down a dirt path towards a small pond surrounded by a rocky outcropping someplace up north from the main dens of the pride. As soon as they got close, Arroyo bound towards it and slid into the cold clear water, letting the sparkling liquid wash away his worries.
Kamala jumped up onto one of the large rocks near the edge of the pond and sat there, waving her tail inches above the water, causing it to boil and steam around her. She chuckled a bit at this, and watched all the fish at the base of the rock flee form the hot water.

"Quit being mean to the fish" Arroyo said, sliding his wet body onto one of the lower rocks, letting the warm sun dry his fur and feathers.
"But it's fun!" Kamala said, dunking one of her front paws into the clear water and clawing at the fish.
"Seriously, stop that.." Arroyo ordered, starting to sound quite a bit more serious.
"Make me" Kamala challenged, continuing to scratch at the fish.
At that, Arroyo swiftly jumped up onto the rock that Kamala was sitting on, and with a huge shove, pushed her into the water.

There was a huge splash and a to of hissing, not just from the boiling water, but also Kamala's hisses of displeasure. She frantically paddled around in the water and dragged herself onto one of the rocks, before violently shaking the water out of her fur like a dog, and looking up at Arroyo in annoyance.
"I hate you" Kamala said, her tail glowing red hot as she tried to evaporate the cool water of her fur.
"I know" Arroyo said, not sounding hurt, but secretly feeling so. "So, what did you need to talk to me about?" He said, perking his ears up in interest.
"Well, If you want me to tell you, you have to promise not to tell another soul. Okay?"
"Okay" He repeated, curiosity building in him.
"I'm leaving tonight" Kamala twisted her body around and pressed the red hot end of her tail against her back, and cloud of steam rose from the surface of her fur.
"Leaving?" He said, starting to sound a little concerned. "How so?"
"I'm leaving. Gone. Forever." Kamala said, casually licking her paw.
"That's insane- You'll be killed!" Arroyo said, suddenly standing up. The water on the surface of the pond started to tremble a bit, as if it thought that Kamala was being irrational too.
"No-one would care anyway. Mom's dead, and dad's an idiot. I just want to get away from it all, go do my own thing, you know?"
Arroyo sat back down and glanced around the pond, the water settling back down. "I do know"

Extras:
Coming up with a playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JARp8lB25g -some music

I love the LOC lore and I would love to get a little lion bab to call my own, so definite WIP!

Last edited by ThatDragonAdara on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:25 am, edited 23 times in total.
ThatDragonAdara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jypheran » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:40 am

Username: KodiakCentral
L.O.C. Name: Aether
Element: Air
Personality: Very precise and likes to take things slow. Thinks of strategic methods instead of just running into a situation. She loves to nurture and care for other members but can get annoying if she is unsure and not prepared yet. She will whine if she doesn't get her way. Overall, she's very determined and strong minded.
Art/Story: wip
Extras: wip
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ☆ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
☆ Jovan
☆ A bi disaster
☆ He/Him
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
___
___
___
___
___
___
___
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
—> Instagram <—
—> Art Shop <—
—> Storepet Collection <—

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
___
___
___
___
___
___
___
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

F

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Image▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁Image
Jypheran

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogperson112 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:44 am

I'm gonna learn more about them, so I am not gonna make a form for these guys.
Last edited by dogperson112 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
K-Dog
dogperson112

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me