Based on Click to view
Artist OutdatedBoombox [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#793 Khimaira Friesians - Custom

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:06 am

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

My artist ~Rare~ custom ;w; Neri approved for posting!

I'm holding a smol competition to help me name him. The name must be based off of foklore/urban legends and I need both a show name and a barn name. Winner will get a slot. If I decide to use one person's show name, and another person's barn name, two slots will be given out. I would prefer if these slots were sent to me for breeding completion, but it's not 100% necessary. You may suggest up to 10 names (10 show, 10 barn, to clarify)

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner: D.J.D Vos
Show Name: SHF Drowned in Oblivion
Barn Name: Draugen
Height: 18hh
Color: Silver Blue Dun Roan Khimaira Near Leopard Appaloosa + Cobweb
Genetics:EE/aa/Rr/DD/ZZ/KlpKlp PATN1 + Cobweb
Breeding Notes: Homozygous for Extension! Homozygous for Silver- Will always produce Silver foals! Homozygous for Dun- Will always produce Dun foals! Homozygous for Khimaira Appaloosa! Has poor vision which passes at 10%! Cobweb passes at 30%
Last edited by OutdatedBoombox on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #793 Khimaira Friesians - Custom

Postby _Wolfgirl_ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:50 pm

NOODLE <333 HE IS HERE! Obviously his name is Noodle! So I don't know why your having a naming competition... ;)

Feel free to mix and match the show names / barn names lol

Ideas:
1. The Blue Man / Minch (based off the blue men of the Minch, kind of like storm kelpies Click for more info )
2. Fatal Attraction / Nökken (Norwegian monster who acts kind of like a kelpie More info )
3. Mystery from the Dephs / Draugen (Norse ghosts of men who died at sea More info )
4. / Chtulhu
5. Blue Tide / Cetus (Greek sea monster More Info )
6. / Morgawr (Sea Monster thought to be in Falmouth Bay, Cornwall, England More Info
7. / Lusca (sea monster reported to be seen in the Caribbean More Info )

Run to the Sea, Ocean's Deep, Ocean in Motion,

Work in progress xD Will fix/add more later... bed time!

Avatar by: .Ghost. / Art by: SnivelGriff / My WMEs / My GOS / My Khimaira / My DAMs

_Wolfgirl_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:22 pm

Slots:
1. Image
2. Image
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:06 pm

•River of the Dead // Styx
      In Greek mythology, it is the name of the river, Styx that connects Earth to the Underworld. The river was named after the goddess, Styx whom had miraculous powers.
    •Battle cry of Warriors // Trojan
      In Greek mythology, the Trojan War was waged against the city of Troy by the Greeks after Paris of Troy took Helen from her husband Menelaus, king of Sparta.
    •Battle for Olympus // Titan
      One of the most notable events that happened in Greek mythology was the fight between the Olympians and Titans at Thessaly. The war was fought to decide which generation of gods would have domain over the Universe; it ended in victory for the Olympians.
    •Heaven's Steed // Arion
      In Greek mythology, Arion is an extremely swift immortal horse that was ridden by Adrastus, king of Argos.
    •Divine Prodigy // Chiron (Pronounced as "Kai-Ron")
      Chiron was a centaur, notable throughout Greek mythology for his youth-nurturing nature. He was known for his knowledge and skill with medicine. Chiron was also the teacher of many well-known people such as Heracles, Achilles, Theseus, Perseus and Ajax.
    •Act of Benevolence // Kirin (Or Qilin)
      It is sometimes depectied as a deer-like, giraffe-like or even dragon-like creature with horns. Qilin are thought to be a symbol of luck, good omens, protection, prosperity, success, and longevity by the Chinese.
    •Celestial Spirit // Tianma
      It is from Chinese mythology and the name "Tian Ma" means horse from heaven or in literal terms, sky horse. Tianma was a fabled winged horse or a fabled type of winged horse with dragon-like features.
    •Of Pleasure and Insanity // Bacchus (Pronounced as "Ba-cuss")
      Bacchus was the Roman god of agriculture, wine and fertility. He was also the Roman counterpart of the Greek god, Dionysus.
    •Drowned in Oblivion // Susano-o
      In Japan folklore, Susano-o is the Shinto god of the sea and storms. He is also the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the Sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the Moon.
    •King of the East Sea //Seiryū
      Seiryū is the Azure Dragon in Japanese. The Azure dragon is one of the Dragon Gids from Chinese mythology and is also the dragon on the China flag during the Qing Dynasty. The Azure dragon's proper name is "Dragon King of the East Sea" and it represents the season, spring and east.

im a Greek mythology nerd. cx can't really help it.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutdatedBoombox » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 am

@Wolfgirl and darkest Werewolf

you can each have 1 slot, I've decided his name will be SHF Drowned in Oblivion//Draugen

Consider this your permission.

You must pm me before using the slot.
OutdatedBoombox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Wolfgirl_ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:50 am

Oh thank you very much <3 Love the name ^^

Avatar by: .Ghost. / Art by: SnivelGriff / My WMEs / My GOS / My Khimaira / My DAMs

_Wolfgirl_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me