Artist NeriHyuga [gallery]
Time spent 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

568/2# Khimaira Friesians - Christmas Event RU

Postby NeriHyuga » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:13 am

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Runners up for NARANDA ^^

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner: NARANDA
Show Name: Under The Mistletoe
Barn Name: Nafila (Arabic - "Gift")
Height: 16.1 hh
Color: Bay roan overo with khimaira tobiano
Genetics: Ee/AA/Rkit/Oo/KtKt
Breeding Info:
- will always pass on A gen (Aa)
- will always pass on khimaira tobiano (Ktkt)

NARANDA wrote:Image
╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Owner: NARANDA | Show Name: Under The Mistletoe | Barn Name: Nafila (Arabic - "Gift")
Color 1: As is | Color 2: As is | Color 3: Ice Blue

Picture: Above by valen-kyra (DA) of my fursona Jouka (Who is a wolf)
╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Story: I looked out of the stall and down the isle, watching the snow fall through the open door. It was a light snow, covering the footprints and markings of all that moved with a fresh blanket, turning the world white and creating a new beginning for the coming winter days. Hidenka was standing in the stall, braiding ribbons into my mane and tail. White ones, dark blue ones, and ice blue ones. Along with the ribbons where mistletoes, the berries as white as snow and matching the furred lining of the cape that I was to wear. The halter went on next, the crown piece and the nose piece both had fur lined straps, ice blue and white to match the cape as well. Some more mistletoe hung from the crown piece on either side and my mane was left hanging down the sides of my neck with ribbon and mistletoe as well. The armbands were slipped over my hooves and up my front legs, ice blue with white fur lining to match the rest. The cape was the last, the back piece was ice blue with white fur lining, just around the edges there was a dark blue fabric hanging down loosely, hanging down by my lower legs, though not too far down that it dragged. "Alright, shall we go and make some children happy?" Hidenka smiled as she spoke, taking the lead rope and leading me out of the stable. I held my head high, taking a deep breathe of the winter air, walking over to the waiting trailer. I was one of two decorated in a fancy winter outfit, I was dressed to match Ra who wore something more princely. There were two others in the trailer, Angelique and Hyuuga, dressed to resemble angelic beings, though they were going to be pulling a decorated sled that had already been delivered to the festival.

The children laughed and giggled as they took turns lining up and riding the horses that were all dressed up for the event. We were not the only ones there, horses from many other stables were volunteered for the job. Stands and lights were strung up all around the large stable just on the outskirts of the town, games and events all going and reaching their peak. "What do you mean?" Hidenka and Shokou were speaking to someone, an older woman who was standing at the gate, looking sad. Hidenka looked back at me, Shokou still speaking to the woman. "How about we go and visit a little girl." She pat me on the neck and untied my lead rope from the psot of the fence. "Shokou, how about you grab Ra's lead rope and we go pay them a visit." Shokou smiled and the older woman looked surprised. We left the arena, Hidenka leaping up onto my back, grabbing Ra's lead rope from Shokou. "Actually, you want to go and grab the sled? For the ones too scared to ride on the backs of the horses." Hidenka suggested. The sled followed behind as Hidenka directed us down the streets that got quieter and quieter the further away we got from the festival.

The hospital was still in full gear, nurses checking on patients, new patients coming in, and doctors running back and forth. The trees around the front were decorated in lights, and the front pillars were wrapped in ribbon and tinsel. There was an empty field right next to the large building, and we trotted right over to it. The older woman had driven ahead and was just coming outside, nurses and patients in tow. The children looked at us with wide eyes, nervous or excited about seeing the horses that now stood in the normally empty field. The sled went around and around the far half of the field, changing riders every second lap. More and more children and patients arrived outside, taking turns in the sleigh or on the back of the two horses. The woman who had spoken with Hidenka and Shokou before was returning outside with another patient, a little girl bound to a wheelchair. I finished my lap and was waiting for the next rider, watching the little girl as she was wheeled up to the line for the sleight rides. She looked to me, a look of wonder in her eyes. "I want to ride the princess horsey!" she plead, looking back to the old nurse behind her. "Sweety, the sleight ride will be much more comfortable for you." she tried to convince the young girl. The little girl sighed, knowing the woman was right. I pulled away from Hidenka who looked surprised, and I trotted up to the young girl, nosing away the tear was was threatening to run down her cheek. She giggled in response, lifting a hand to pet my nose. "It's alright if she wants to ride Nafila. If we take it slow and easy she should be perfectly okay." Hidenka was smiling as she approached, picking up my lead rope from the ground.

Another nurse walked up, the man helping the young girl up onto my back, and he walked next to us to keep her from falling off. These were the two slowest laps I had ever taken, moving slowly so that she would not fall off, but she did not mind. I could hear her giggles as we walked around the field. "Well don't you look so pretty up there." Hidenka said, giving the little girl a smile as she looked back to check on her. "You know, Nafila here dressed up all pretty just for you. You are our guest of honor." the girl giggled and soon the second lap was over, but I wished it wasn't. I watched the woman push the wheelchair back towards the building, the little girl turning around just enough so that she could wave to us. I nickered, lifting my head making her giggle one last time before she vanished into the warm hospital lobby. We finished up and returned to the stable where the festival was held, packing up and heading home. I did not want that night to end, but it was all too soon that we returned home and lead into the stable. I watched the snow fall as Hidenka and Shokou placed us in warm stalls for the night, then left, closing the door. I laid down in the hay, only the mistletoe and ribbon left in as they removed the rest so they could brush me down. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, having the best sleep I have ever had in my life, tired from the long day but also satisfied that I could make others happy.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me