Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#606 Khimaira Friesians

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:10 pm

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner: Merlin's Heir
Show Name: Flames and Hailstorms
Barn Name: Ghost
Height:15 hh
Color: Black Pearl Tobiano
Genetics: Ee/aa/Prlprl/Toto
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: #606 Khimaira Friesians

Postby Merlin's Heir » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Owner: Merlin's Heir
Show Name: Flame and Hailstorms
Halter color: Obsidian
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Eye color
How do you coax her?:
___"Ava," Nick called out. "We're having some trouble with the new arrival!" I sighed and slipped my work gloves off. Tossing them aside, I strode across the gravel driveway toward the glossy, streamlined trailer that was backed up to the corral gate.
___"What seems to be the problem?" I asked as I drew nearer.
___"It's this new mare, Ghost," Nick gestured to the horse inside the trailer. "She won't move an inch. Paul and I've been trying for almost an hour, but she just won't budge. Think you can give it a shot?"
___"Sure," I shrugged. "Let's see what we have to work with here." I turned to look into the trailer. A glistening creature of mist and shadow sidestepped nervously at my appearance. She tossed her iron head, sending a wave of inky locks cascading over her face. I caught a brief glimpse of one fiery eye peering out at me from behind the thick, curling hair. Shadows danced across her silver-and-white hide as she pawed at the floor and threw her head up again.
___"She's a beauty, isn't she?" Paul spoke up.
___"A stubborn one," Nick put in. "We've tried bribery, persuasion... you name it. But she's just got no interest in leaving the trailer."
___I stepped up into the trailer and took the lead rope Paul was holding out. I held out a hand, slowly lifting it to stroke Ghost's neck. She didn't so much as blink at my touch. Rather, she swung her head around to stare interrogatively at me with one bold, bright eye, as if asking, Excuse me, what are you doing?
___"Well, you're certainly not shy," I murmured. "What's your problem then?"
___What's yours? I could've sworn she'd mentally communicated the question to me as she turned her head back away. I patted her shoulder and dismissed the thought.
___"Alright, girl," I said, walking back down the ramp, lead rope in hand. "Let's go." I tugged gently at the rope, but Ghost moved not. "Walk on," I said firmly, giving her another signal to follow. The impertinent creature just turned her head, looking out over the pastures as if casually admiring the scenery. "Very well then." I pulled a half-carrot out of my pocket and held it temptingly out in front of me. "Come and get it," I invited her out. She turned one ear slightly in my direction, then away again.
___I crossed my arms and studied the mare carefully. A smile flitted across my face as an idea came to me. "Got you." I turned to Nick and Paul. "I think I've got her figured out," I told them. "Can you swing the gates up here and tie them to the trailer?"
___"What for?" Paul asked.
___"Oh, I get it," Nick nodded. "C'mon, man, help me with the gates." He and Paul went to either gate and swung them up to the sides of the open trailer doors. I unclipped Ghost's lead rope and slipped out before the gate came up to the trailer.
___"You really think this'll work?" Nick inquired, quickly tying the gate to the handle of the trailer door.
___"Let's find out," I replied. We walked around to the back of the trailer, where Paul met us.
___"Now what?" he asked.
___I smiled. "Now," I answered, "we wait."
___It didn't take long before we heard the familiar clop of hooves on the trailer ramp. Then they turned to muffled thuds as Ghost walked out into the corral. I waited 'til the sounds grew fainter as Ghost explored the far side of the little round pen, then told the guys, "Alright. Let's get the gates closed before she changes her mind."
___When Ghost saw that she'd been tricked, she practically glared at the three of us. Then she tossed her head like the event was just a little trickle of water rolling off her back. Okay, human. You got me this time. But next time I won't be so easy to fool.
___"Tell the boss to be careful with this one," I told Nick. "She's gonna be one heck of a handful."
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Slots:
1. Image
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby diamond-light » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Owner: diamond-light
Show Name: Constance Mia Bella
Barn Name: Bella
Halter color: Beige
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Amber
How do you coax her?:
The moon was already shining over the stables as the staff had used all day to get ahold of the new mare who had arrived that day. No matter how sweet the treat or fresh the grass, she wouldn't even toss a glance at it. Both the staff and the mare was quite tired, but she couldn't stay here forever.
"Let me see her, then" I said finally as the others had complained to me for hours now. I had planned on sleeping, but it would have to wait.
Walking down to the prakinglot, it was almost crowded with people looking at the horse or helping to get her out of the trailer. It was quite big and had italian writings on the sides, but I walked straight to the trailer without paying much more attention. I was already tired and didn't have any plans on using hours just to get some horse out.
But as I met the horse face to face, I understood why so many people stood there. "Oh my, what a beauty" slipped out of me as I stood there. I crossed my arms and looked around to the people around me agreeing, almost in a weird trance by the mares gorgeous colors and enchancing eyes.
"If I'm gonna get her out, I need less people crowding the place. If you don't have anything to do here then you're off" I said and shoo'ed people away. Only my assistant was left, standing on the side of the trailer.
I slowly walked towards the mare and raised my hand, which she didn't seem to react to. But when I touched her, she just moved her head away from my hand in a sassy motion and looked into the wall. I couldn't help but chuckle, which the mare huffed to. It was almost like she got irritated at me for even trying, and I could understand that.
"Alice, what's her name?" I asked my assistant while not taking my eyes of the mare.
"Umm, one minute.... uuh.. yes, her name is Constance Mia Bella, but they call her by Bella I think" she answered, messing about with all the papers she didn't have any control over.
"Bella" I said, rolling it over my tongue. The mare looked at me as I said her name several times, her ears perking slightly my direction. It seemed like she liked to hear her own name being called, which gave me an idea.
I grabbed the leash from the brindle and started walking backwards slowly while looking into her eyes. "Constance Mia Bella, come here" I said in a soft and calm voice, slowly letting go of the leash and watching her confused look as she turned her head towards me.
"Bella. Come here, Bella" I said, trying to say her name as sweetly and calmly as possible, making her respond in a slight snort as her attention was only one me. Her ears perked forward all the way, carefully moving one hoof fowards.
"Yes, that's good Bella. Come here" I said and smiled, watching her slowly but surely make her way down to the edge of the ledge from the trailer. But just as I was about to grab the leash again, Bella grabbed it herself and turned around to go back in the trailer. It almost looked like she was trotting happily and I could have sworn I saw a grin as she stood there with her rump towards me and nickering in a mocking way.
I sighed heavily and rubbed my temples. "This horse is unbelievable" I said and looked at my assistant, she was trying her best not to laught out loud with her hand over her mouth.
I came to the conclution that I should let the horse get out by herself and placed the trailer inside the biggest paddock I had that was empty. And the next day, people where gathered around the fence by that paddock. And Bella was parading around in a slow trott, her head high and a smug look on her face when I came down.
"You win this time, Bella" I said with a smirk and watched as the mare whinnied and turned her back to me again while continuing to show off.
diamond-light

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:32 am

Ends today ;v;!

Postby jingle bells. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:56 am

owner: jingle bells.
show name: isle of flightless birds
barn name: flight
halter color: same as eye color
pearl/jewel color (halter): honey brown
how do you coax her?:

"we've been here for an hour! it's no use, leave her here with the leadrope tied around her neck and let her walk out in her own time," john sighed and shook his head, "it's better than having us waste our own time dealing with this stubborn ol' friesian."

"but we can't leave her, she's so young and reckless; who knows what she would do alone. remember allie?" i frowned and pointed my head towards the ground, remembering the young friesian mare who got wedged between a fence and barn after being left alone overnight. i don't want the same thing happening to flight, i've lost too many friesians in the past to even count, i thought to myself.

"well we 'oughta do something, or else flight and us are going to be loosing sleep," my trainer, cathy said as she gestured up to the darkening sky. it was reaching ten 'o clock and flight was still miles deep into the trailer. and i knew that cathy and john weren't going to stay around for much longer. i had to think of a idea and quickly before it was just my new horse and me sitting on the grass, slowly falling asleep as i tried to get her out with no help.

we all stood around the open trailer lost in thought of how to get this stubborn mare out of the trailer. john had his hand on his chin and his other arm was wrapped around his chest. he was in a stance that said 'i'm thinking too hard for a solution that won't work.' meanwhile, cathy stood with her hands on her hips squinted her eyes at flight. i knew she wasn't going to thing of an actually helpful situation. so i prayed that she wouldn't open her mouth and speak of one of her terrible ideas.

while everybody else was thinking hard, a squatted down towards the ground and sat on the moist grass. i picked at the grass and weaved it together making small baskets out of thick grass. "what are you doing?" john asked as my fiddling grabbed his attention.

"getting my hands moving always makes me think harder," i responded. and before i knew it, an idea popped in my brain. "how about i make tons of this weaved grass baskets and slowly draw her out with them!" i smiled and looked to everyone with excitement.

"...um... how is that going to help?" cathy asked.

"flight loves long grass! and horses are always so curious, sticking their muzzles in random buckets scattered around the barn! don't you see? the weaved grass baskets are a combination of both! we'll make dozens of them and put them around the trailer! she'll be so curious about what the baskets are she'll have to walk out of the trailer to check them out," i finished and started making many more grass baskets.

"whatever you say, i'm going home. that's going to take way too long," john smirked and waved a hand before starting to walk over to his car.

"yeah, me too," cathy announced and walked away to her house built on farm property.

"it's not going to take so long! i already made about five in ten minutes!" but my cries were no use as they both started heading away. "ok, it's just me then," i sighed and starting working on more baskets.

-----------

before i knew it i finished about twenty baskets and i decided to stop making them and start placing them around the trailer. one by one i paced them in front, by the sides, and on the ramp of the trailer; making sure that flight was looking at every place i dropped the baskets. when i was done i slipped off to hide behind the side of the trailer and play on my phone. i knew when flight would come out of the trailer because i would hear hoof beats and snorting.

after an hour flight had still not come out and it was reaching midnight. i started loosing hope and without knowing i started to doze off. but i jumped at the sound of snorting and chewing. flight had come out!

i slowly creeped around the side of the trailer and saw my tobiano mare snorting at and eating the weaved grass baskets. "i knew you loved long grass," i whispered and grabbed her leadrope. "i know you love the trailer, but now you'll have to spend the night in your stall."

i laughed and started pet my mare's face, then lead her towards the barn with one thing on my mind. john and cathy were wrong, i knew this mare would come out before dawn.
jingle bells.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:11 am

Merlin's Heir wrote:Owner: Merlin's Heir
Show Name: Flame and Hailstorms
Halter color: Obsidian
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Eye color
How do you coax her?:
___"Ava," Nick called out. "We're having some trouble with the new arrival!" I sighed and slipped my work gloves off. Tossing them aside, I strode across the gravel driveway toward the glossy, streamlined trailer that was backed up to the corral gate.
___"What seems to be the problem?" I asked as I drew nearer.
___"It's this new mare, Ghost," Nick gestured to the horse inside the trailer. "She won't move an inch. Paul and I've been trying for almost an hour, but she just won't budge. Think you can give it a shot?"
___"Sure," I shrugged. "Let's see what we have to work with here." I turned to look into the trailer. A glistening creature of mist and shadow sidestepped nervously at my appearance. She tossed her iron head, sending a wave of inky locks cascading over her face. I caught a brief glimpse of one fiery eye peering out at me from behind the thick, curling hair. Shadows danced across her silver-and-white hide as she pawed at the floor and threw her head up again.
___"She's a beauty, isn't she?" Paul spoke up.
___"A stubborn one," Nick put in. "We've tried bribery, persuasion... you name it. But she's just got no interest in leaving the trailer."
___I stepped up into the trailer and took the lead rope Paul was holding out. I held out a hand, slowly lifting it to stroke Ghost's neck. She didn't so much as blink at my touch. Rather, she swung her head around to stare interrogatively at me with one bold, bright eye, as if asking, Excuse me, what are you doing?
___"Well, you're certainly not shy," I murmured. "What's your problem then?"
___What's yours? I could've sworn she'd mentally communicated the question to me as she turned her head back away. I patted her shoulder and dismissed the thought.
___"Alright, girl," I said, walking back down the ramp, lead rope in hand. "Let's go." I tugged gently at the rope, but Ghost moved not. "Walk on," I said firmly, giving her another signal to follow. The impertinent creature just turned her head, looking out over the pastures as if casually admiring the scenery. "Very well then." I pulled a half-carrot out of my pocket and held it temptingly out in front of me. "Come and get it," I invited her out. She turned one ear slightly in my direction, then away again.
___I crossed my arms and studied the mare carefully. A smile flitted across my face as an idea came to me. "Got you." I turned to Nick and Paul. "I think I've got her figured out," I told them. "Can you swing the gates up here and tie them to the trailer?"
___"What for?" Paul asked.
___"Oh, I get it," Nick nodded. "C'mon, man, help me with the gates." He and Paul went to either gate and swung them up to the sides of the open trailer doors. I unclipped Ghost's lead rope and slipped out before the gate came up to the trailer.
___"You really think this'll work?" Nick inquired, quickly tying the gate to the handle of the trailer door.
___"Let's find out," I replied. We walked around to the back of the trailer, where Paul met us.
___"Now what?" he asked.
___I smiled. "Now," I answered, "we wait."
___It didn't take long before we heard the familiar clop of hooves on the trailer ramp. Then they turned to muffled thuds as Ghost walked out into the corral. I waited 'til the sounds grew fainter as Ghost explored the far side of the little round pen, then told the guys, "Alright. Let's get the gates closed before she changes her mind."
___When Ghost saw that she'd been tricked, she practically glared at the three of us. Then she tossed her head like the event was just a little trickle of water rolling off her back. Okay, human. You got me this time. But next time I won't be so easy to fool.
___"Tell the boss to be careful with this one," I told Nick. "She's gonna be one heck of a handful."

Everyone's story was great , Merlin's took the cake however as it seemed they were the only one who tricked the spicy mare ;v; thank you all for participating! Sorry it was judged so late ;v;'.

Postby Merlin's Heir » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:25 am

Thank you! :D
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me