Based on Click to view
Artist magpie! [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #720 -- winner!

Postby magpie! » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:00 pm

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

a giraffe themed baby ♥
they were my favorite animal as a kid

palette suggested by *Starshimmer*

---

to win this lovely giraffe kalon, give me a 5 word personality, write a short journal
entry
from their perspective, and find an image/gif that represents them!!

no extras, prettying up is fine as long as it doesn't have more than one image/gif!

Code: Select all
[list][b]username;[/b]
[b]name;[/b]
[b]gender;[/b]
[b]5 word personality;[/b]
[b]journal entry;[/b] [max 500 words]
[b]image/gif;[/b] [max 1][/list]

Ends in 24 hours!
November 28 @ 7:00 PM EST
Last edited by magpie! on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #720

Postby WanSham » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:11 pm

username;
    name;
    gender;
    5 word personality;
    journal entry; [max 500 words]
    image/gif; [max 1]
mArK
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:39 pm

username;
    name;
    gender;
    5 word personality;
    image/gif; [max 1]

mark <3
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ps4 kid » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:40 pm

username; ~Neon_And_Lylia~
    name; Star
    gender; Female
    5 word personality;
    "Let me just look.. Please?"
    journal entry;
    December 24, 2012
    I am currently buying the last of my presents for Christmas, I'm planning on taking my nephews out to the Zoo after they finish opening presents. It's going to be great. Right before I left, we made cookies for "Santa." gotta keep there spirit up. We also hanged up a few lights, and decorated the trees. One of my youngest nephews were bouncing off the wall, excited for the next morning. Now, I'm checking out the presents, and wrapping them when I get in the car. I plan on leaving a bit later, so I can slip them under the tree when the kids are sleeping. Alright, I'm just going to stop writing in this journal and get prepared. I will write in it on Christmas morning when the kids are awake and opening there presents!
    image/gif;
icon credit: chamomile.
dane doodle credit: feyghost
ps4 kid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:45 pm

username;
Mimibitz
name;
Abraham
gender;
Male
5 word personality;
Sweet- Lazy - Open-Minded - Shy - Anxious
journal entry;
Dear Diary,

I haven't wrote to you in about three months, I've been told that i'm an adult and shouldn't write in here but hey! I get to make my own decisions, the strangest thing happened to me today! I was simply minding my own business and decided to go to the zoo with my sister she looks nothing like me so people always assume we are dating it's so embarrassing! (╯ಊ╰) But we were going to the zoo and suddenly i was darted with a sleeping powder or something, i'm not sure i'm still tired from it and next thing you know i woke up in the giraffe exhibit, how do people even mistake me for a giraffe?! I'm actually really short so this makes no sense, it took them three hours until closing to realize i was the same species as them and not some tall lumbering creature. I don't think i like the zoo anymore...Never again will i get mistaken for a giraffe though this does happen alot with infants to...Always point and saying Look mommy a giraffe! I always thought it was because of me being taller but never mind. (/ε\*)

Well that was all I had to say. I'm going to take a nice warm bath and order a pizza to take my mind off this!

~Abraham

image/gif; x
──-────────────────────
bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit kalons art shop
toyhouse

bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio bio

───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:51 pm

username; MotherMother
    name; Jeffrey/Jeff
    gender; male
    5 word personality; "What do you mean, 'dangerous'?"
    You'll never believe what happened today. I woke up with a feeling that just burst in my soul, maybe because I set my alarm as the newest song of my favourite band. I can't get that song out of my head, and I don't want to.
    I head to the kitchen, but soon realized that the only food in the apartment were apples and leftover mushroom stir-fry from that potluck at work. I don't like mushrooms, no one at work did (except who made it of course) but I wasn't going to make them feel bad about it, so I told them I loved it and took it home. It's not that bad with soy sauce on it, but today's not a stir-fry day. I pull on a jacket and walk to the store where I cruise the aisles and catch my eye on the waffle mix sitting on the shelf. I really shouldn't... I get it anyway.
    Back home the batter sizzles in my waffle maker, they're heavenly with raspberry jam and honey. Today will be a good day.

I look at the clock, wishing it were the weekend. Mondays aren't my favourite. Without thinking, I'm dialing my coworker/best friend, telling him about a sick cliff-diving spot at a lake a few miles away. We both moved to LA somewhat recently, so we don't know all the lakes yet even though it's our favourite place to be. The sun beams onto my smiling face as my buddy tries to fight with himself about calling in sick to work, and he decides to go with it without me needing to pressure him. Hey, I know peer pressure is bad, but not when it's to make good decisions, right? And a day off is a good decision if you ask me.

We take his clunky old car and the GPS takes us to the lake, but we have to ask some locals if they've heard of this cliff-diving spot. They're already heading there; we tag along.

It's the best day I've had in a long time. Outside with my friend, escaping the heat by overcoming fear and splashing into water from 10 meters above. I'm no wimp, and I don't back down to a challenge, so when one of the kalons from the group asked if I could do a backflip, of course I did. And though I wasn't very graceful, I completed my mission and told her to do it herself. She seemed a bit unsure but didn't want to be beat by me especially since she was the one who challenged me. She twirled perfectly, wind ruffling her fur, splashing into blue water next to me. She glistens in the sunlight and I don't realize I'm staring until my best friend laughs at me. Disgruntled, I climbed out of the water and gave him a noogie. We laughed and I asked the kalon her name. She asked for my number.

I knew today would be a great day.
    image/gif; [max 1]
Last edited by MotherMother on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywalker, » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:06 pm

username; skywalker,

name; Geo

gender; male

5 word personality; "Im so sorry! I'll help!"

journal entry;
Entry twenty-eight,
Today I made a total fool of myself! In public! Gosh it was so embarrassing..
WIP

image/gif;

skywalker,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jumu » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:15 pm

──────+ í'd wαnnα вє mє, tσσ +─────
───────────────────────{ í'd wαnnα вє mє, tσσ }─────────
    username; Lioth
    name; Ryuu-san
    gender; Demiboy
    5 word personality; "I'm.. really not that great."
    journal entry;
    Ryuu, 11/10/15 wrote:Well... wasn't today interesting.
    Essentially, I have no real friends (well, except for my cat that is). And my family
    isn't too fond of me either. So I guess I'm alone now, just me and my cat Lion. I'm
    sure that I'll be alright, I'm just a bit... frazzled? Big day tomorrow, I'm moving
    out of the house and into my fancy new loft apartment, with a big cat walk around
    it for Lion. I'm super excited to start college and (hopefully) make some brand
    new and better friends.
    Not really sure when I'll be able to get to you next, but things are looking up for
    me and I'm overjoyed that I'm getting a chance to be me for once, without all the
    shackles and chains. I'll be pursuing a career in teaching. I wanna be a history
    teacher and tell the future generations how to not mess up our home. And maybe
    some day I'll live happily ever after like the people in my favorite fairy tales. But
    for now, this is all. To be continued.
──────────────────────────
jay - lil gay - boring - 1% active - formerly lioth

trying to make myself into someone better
if you knew me in any way before uhhh im sorry

interests
ult joohoney, mx, nct, skz, svt // bjds and art dolls
fat cats, fluffy dogs, shrooms // drumming n music
bad jokes // vegan food // movies // jfashion

──────────────────────────
jumu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cardboardteeth » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:23 pm

username;
    Froggie1

name;
    Rollo

gender;
    male

5 word personality;
    "Hehe, I love you, friend!"

journal entry;
    Hi, journal! Today was pretty awesome. I woke up and ran straight downstairs - it was my birthday today! There were presents all over the table, and falling onto the floor. I snatched up the first present, and inside was a little kettle. I was confused, and went to ask my adoptive momma, Apple, about it, but I looked everywhere and couldn't find her. So I went back to opening my presents - everything was kettles. At this point I was getting a little upset because.. I didn't WANT these! So I just frowned and leaned back in my seat to eat my breakfast - until my momma came in through the door. "Rollo?" she said, confused. "What." She plopped her bag on the table and walked towards me. "I didn't give you those presents." She was holding a pile of presents, and I just stared. As you know, journal, I don't have a dad. "Wh-what?" I said, shocked.

So, as you can see, I'm not sure where the presents came from. Why the kettles? Who is it from? My mom doesn't lie to me, ever! I'm still stumped. [190/500 words]
mokiemeekie is my sister
very very inactive
cardboardteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i<3you » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:30 pm

username; KittyCutePaws
    name; Gram
    gender; Male
    5 word personality; "Where'd that ceiling come from?!"
    journal entry;
    Hello, future me! because I'll never let anyone else read this but me.
    Today went pretty good, actually! My friends and I bought tickets to go to Disney, and today was the first day there. We all voted of where we wanted to go first, and guess what won! The Star Tours! I was very happy that the place I wanted to go to the most had won, even though we still would have went there eventually. Anyway, when we got there the line for the rides wasn't too long, so we all settled on one and waited. When it was our turn to get on the ride, the guy who was running the ride joked about me being 'too tall to ride'. Haha...it's not like I haven't heard that before. yes i have. 27 times. i was counting. Back to the point! When we all got on the ride, I was amazed at all of the Star Wars things inside. Yes, I am a geeky tall person obsessed with Star Wars, I have no shame in it. It was an amazing ride, differently one of my favorites! Maybe my friends and I can come back here next year...or sooner. Welp, that's all for this entry, now I need to go to bed. My friends are mad because I'm keeping the light on to write this while they're trying to sleep, sorry!

image/gif; Image
i<3you

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me