Based on Click to view
Artist lmao, [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#292 Khimaira Friesians

Postby lmao, » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:16 am

What are Khimaira Friesians?
Khimaira Friesians are a "normal" friesian breed with all characteristics of a friesian and a average height from 15 to 17 hands, but even 18 hands can occur. The first born Khimaira was mistaked for a chimera horse. But a genetic test showed otherwise, there wasn't a second DNA but a complete new and unknown gen. Because this gen makes the friesian look like a chimera it was named khimaira. khimaira doesn't produce a complete new dna coat and therefor it can only lighten or darken the base coat of the horse. Till now only the paint khimaira is known that makes the khimaira coloration looks like tobiano, overo, sabino or splash. But we believe that there will be more khimaira variations out there and we still try to breed them. Appaloosas are not known till now, but we have some great friesian mixed horses with appaloosa patterns, so we are sure to deliver them to you in a short amount of time.

Mother: Foundation
Father: Foundation
Owner: _Wolfgirl_
Show Name: Rise from the Ashes
Barn Name: Phoenix
Height: 16.3hh
Color: Silver Black Dapple Tobiano
Genetics: EE | aa | nZ | nT
Breeding Notes:
- Dapple will pass 50%
- Blindness will pass 10% chance
Last edited by lmao, on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
lmao,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #292 Khimaira Friesians

Postby NARANDA » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:16 am

Owner: NARANDA
Show Name: Fading of Embers
Barn Name: Bassa (Arabic - "Ember")
Height: 16.7 hh
Halter color: Gold
Pearl/jewel color (halter): White or Eye Color
Story:
Jealousy is a horrible thing, an emotion that can cause any creature to do something that should not even been thought of. It was jealousy that made me blind, jealously that took away my precious sight as well as the title I had been working towards. I lost my home, my family, everything I knew was washed away... all because of jealousy.
I was working my way up, staring from the bottom and training to be a champion. Dressage was my first discipline, though my human did not stop there, I had just started basic horse driving before my sight was taken from me. Competition was jealous of my beauty, and as I got better in my discipline, they became jealous of my skill. Owners hated my owners, stallion fought over my attention, and mares always watched me with malice. At times I wished I could vanish from reality, but I had to do best for my owner, my rider and friend, my family. I would not let them down all because of some jealous competition. I worked long and hard, I was halfway to the title we had been working towards when it happened, the jealousy green bug finally overcame the common sense of our competition.
I was in one of the small pastures, three other horses shared the small field with me. Two geldings and a mare, one gelding was much older and retired now, the other was around the same age and skill as myself, the mare was a few years older with more show experience then us youngsters. I did not mind the group, actually, along with my human I saw them as family. We noticed the woman by the water trough, but we assumed she was a guest to the ranch as she seemed to watch us for a while, smiling. I did not realize it was a smile of evil glee as she prepared her plan. I grazed without worry, ignoring the stranger who eventually left. The sun rose higher in the sky and the heat made me crave the cool, refreshing water provided for us. I walked over, the young gelding on my heals and I went to drink. The gelding of my age was quite the playful thing, spending too much time poke and prodding at us, almost like a little brother would annoy his older sibling. He had an evil glint in his eye, making me stop and give him a look from the corner of my eye. The water flew through the air and hit me in the face. I knew something was wrong, I knew something was off. I had never felt anything like it, as my eyes burned like fire. I screamed in pain, rearing upwards, startling the gelding who looked horrified, wondering for a moment if I was just getting back at him for the jokes, but he soon realized it was not. I could not stop shaking my head, trying to get rid of the pain. I blinked over and over, but it did not clear my blurred vision or stop the pain. Our human heard the racket, running from the house they leaped over the fence and ran towards me, lead shank in hand. "Easy girl! What's wrong?!" I could not slow my breathing, my ears pinned back and my head moving constantly. "Call the vet!" I heard her yell across the yard, but I paid no attention. The pain, the darkness, I was terrified. What was happening? Why did the water burn me like this?
I was removed from the field, brought into the stall where the vet looked me over. "There are chemicals in her eye." the vest sounded surprised, and I could hear the surprise and anger of my owner as she replied. "Chemical? How did she get chemicals in her eyes? She is in the pasture!" I wanted to tell her it was the water, I wanted to let her know the whole story, but she would never understand me. I heard footsteps and chattering as the vet continued his work. I was sedated at this time, though not enough to knock me out, only enough to keep me calm enough so he could rinse out my eyes. I tried to hear my human's words before she returned, but I could not focus and the stable hands left before I could understand anything of what was going on. The water trough had been filled with chemicals, it was an attempt to poison us, but the water being splashed at me saved us from drinking the toxic liquid. The vet had taken too long though, my vision could not be saved. I was not completely blind, I could still see light and some colors, but it was all blurred together in a mess of fuzzy blobs. I knew it was that girl from before, the one who watched us from the fence closest to the trough. She was not a friendly stranger coming to see our human, she was a jealous competitor who wanted us out of the show ring. She succeeded with me, but the young gelding would continue his showing career. I was placed in a stall that night, my owner not wanting to risk me harming myself in the field, and once I was settled in, she left for a while.
She entered my stall later that night, her voice holding a hint of sadness when she spoke. "She hated us, me for owning you, and you because of how beautiful and talented you are." she spoke, and I knew they had caught the culprit, they caught the woman from before. "I'll never forgive them for this. I will never forgive them for hurting you." I felt her gentle touch on my neck, and I sighed, listening quietly and patiently as she cried. That was not the only reason she was crying though. She knew I could not show again, not after that incident. I was frightened by the competition, by strangers who came anywhere near me for the first time without my own. She sold me, even though she loved me, even though she was my family, she sold me. I did not realize it until I felt the ramp of a trailer beneath my hooves and then the door closed behind me. "Goodbye girl." I heard the pain in her voice, and I tried to pull free of the lead shank keeping me there, but it was no use. The trailer started to move, and I could hear her crying fade away. I cried out, I tried to call to my herd, to my human, but it was too late.
Jealousy stole everything from me. First my sight, then my home, then my family. All of it was gone and I was being taken far away. It was a long trip in that trailer, with no clue what my new human was like. I did not know where I was being taken. I only knew that it would never be the same. I felt the trailer slow, and soon it was completely stopped. I tried to listen, tried to guess my surroundings by the sounds I heard outside, but I could not tell. The trailer door opened, and the lead shank untied. I was led out of the trailer and I felt the asphalt change to grass. "It's okay girl, you'll be okay." I heard the gentle words of a woman, as she guided me slowly into a pen and removed the rope from the halter. "Welcome to your new home." I felt her hands on my neck as she rubbed my neck. I knew I had a good human to watch over me, a human that would care for me whether I could see or not. I relaxed as she left and closed the gate behind her, and I slowly explored the pen, finding my way around.

I went from being a burning flame in the show ring, glowing bright and only getting stronger, to being an ember fading away. People forgot about me, my skills and achievements. My flame died away and I was a fizzling ember of the former show horse I used to be. I was saddened by it, my tears of sorrow dimming my flame further, but I would not die out completely. I still glowed, I was still capable of things, I just could not show like I used to. I would have to work my way up again, find another way to reach a title, and I would, in time. I would became a raging fire again, but for now I was content as a glowing ember.
Last edited by NARANDA on Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chars For Sale | Seeking Art & Design Stuff | My Toyhou.se | My Deviantart
Sig Art (Above) by InuImori | Avatar by aalbli (DA)
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CCrow » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:17 am

Owner:
Show Name: Crow's Call
Barn Name: Macha
Height: 17.1hh
Halter color: Black (or surprise me)
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Pale Gold or White (or surprise me)
Story: Ughhhhhh I caaaaann't
Last edited by CCrow on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sig under construction <3
Find me on DA!
CCrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesdar16 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:21 am

Owner: jesdar16
Show Name: Sky's The Limit
Barn Name: Skye
Height: 16hh
Halter color: White
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Black
Story:
The wind whirled harshly over the large fenced meadow. Standing on slightly wobbly legs, the three-week old filly tottered towards her mother and pressed into the mare's welcoming embrace.
Come now my dear, it's time to go inside. The mare said gently, trotting away from her daughter towards the open gate where the farmers were standing. They called to the filly, whose attention was caught by a glimmering in the distance. Overhead the clouds gathered threateningly, and a rumble of thunder sounded in the distance.
"We'd better leave em' out here." The older man said, pulling his hat down as a fat raindrop splashed on it. "This storm's gonna hit soon and if the filly won't come in, we won't be able to get the others in." He reasoned with his comrade.
"Well we can't just leave them out here! They'll get cold and wet!"
"They've got a barn. The mare's got sense, she'll move 'er foal into the shed. Come on now, we've gotta get the stallions in." The gate closed and the two farmers left, their boots leaving deep imprints in the muddy ground.
The mare turned back towards her foal, the wind picking up and whipping her mane and tail in the other direction. The filly still had her gaze fixed on the light.
Skye! Come now! The mare whinnied, but the wind carried her voice away. A flash of lightning split the sky and a thunderous roar shook the earth. The mare's ears folded downwards and she whinnied, rearing as the rain whipped her dark coat. When the thunder rolled to a stop, the filly's bright white patches were nowhere to be seen.
My foal! My foal! The mare screamed, breaking into a gallop and racing towards the darkest end of the paddock. The forest. The forest rose up, towering over the mare, the deep shadows flickering on the ground with each flash from the storm overhead. The tattered wooden fence, long in need of replacements, was torn and broken in one place. Just the right size for a foal. Or something worse. Her heart pounding, the mare trotted through the broken fence and disappeared into the darkness.
----------
Wh-where am I? Where's mamma? Where's the light? The filly's eyes were huge with fear and she moved slowly through the forest, flinching and jumping at every sound. The lightning flashed overhead, filling the forest with unearthly light for a single moment before everything fell to darkness again. Thunder crashed above her, shaking the very ground.
Rain began to pour down, crashing into the earth with a harsh pattering sound. It hit the trees, the leaves, the bushes, and even Skye. Wha-what is this p-place?
Why, you're in the forest of course!
A strange voice, smooth as silk, reached her ears. It was almost soothing, like the sound of her mother's voice. Her mother. She'd left her mother to follow the light. Where was the light?
Don't you see it? It's right there.
Her eyes were drawn to a spot directly ahead of her, a small, gleaming light in the center of complete darkness.
Come, young one. We have been waiting for you.
Waiting.. for me? Why? Skye trotted forward, sidestepping over bushes and logs and narrowly avoiding a squirrel as it hopped beneath her outstretched leg. Her coat was soaked to the skin and she was freezing. I just want my momma!
We are better than your mother. We can offer you so much. Everything you ever wanted.
E-everything? Ever? Skye trotted faster, cantering now, towards the light, that never seemed to get any closer. Then, it disappeared. Confused, the filly turned in a circle. She found herself in a clearing, lit by a pool of moonlight. The storm had started to move away, the lightning and thunder getting farther and farther.
Anything you ever wanted. The voice seemed closer now. Like it was right behind her. Jumping, she whirled around but met no one.
Anything you've ever dreamed of. The voice grew silkier, persuading her. But we need to ask one request in return.
She felt something wreath around her small, foal body, winding around her legs and eventually resting on her back.
We can give you what you have been dreaming of your entire life. It said, whispering in her ear. But we need a sacrifice from you in return.
Skye turned to see the creature, but her eyes caught nothing. Confused, she spun herself in circles until she was dizzy.
Skye, if you accept our offer, I shall grant you one wish. It can be anything. Absolutely anything. The voice purred silkily. Skye found herself nodding.
Good, you accept? It said, more briskly now. Skye nodded again. What is the one thing you have always wanted?
Skye dropped her head as she thought. Her short, stubby foal mane flipped from side to side. I want... a beautiful world to live in, with flower meadows and freshly painted barn doors. I want the sweet hum of the birds in their trees and the birdsong. I want a peaceful world, where there is no fighting, and no hatred.
The spiritual being whispered in her ear again.
Is that all?
Yes. That is my wish.
As you wish. With a click, the spirit disappeared. Skye struggled to open her eyes to see, to see the beautiful birds chirping in the trees, to see the wildflowers bobbing in the breeze. But to no avail. Her eyes were as dark as the creature who had changed her world.
Your wish has been granted. Your sacrifice has been made. Too bad you won't be able to see it. A harsh laughter rolled in the distance as it grew quiet and stopped altogether. Skye's mind struggled to wrap itself around what had just happened. And why couldn't she see? What had it done to her?
Sacrifice. She turned the word over in her head. This is my sacrifice, isn't it? I sacrificed my vision for a better world. A world I will not be able to see. Her head drooped lower, the birdsong in her ears making her sick.
Skye! Skye! A familiar, heartbreaking whinny sounded in the filly's ears.
Mother? Mother! She struggled to her hooves, her ears trying to pinpoint her dam.
Oh, Skye! Where did you go? I thought I'd lost you! Never run off like th- The mare stopped dead.
Skye, oh, Skye, what have you done? The mare whispered, her heart cracking in two. Her precious daughter's eyes were light and bland, glazed over. She couldn't see.
Mother? What's wrong? Skye asked, pressing close to her mother's soft heartbeat.
N-nothing dear. Let's go home. The mare's ears flicked as she heard the thunder rumble in the distance. Skye listened to the birdsong, unable to hear the rumbling thunder.
Foolish foal, hahahaha...
Last edited by jesdar16 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesdar16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:32 am

Owner: HowlingHooves
Show Name: Fen'Harel ma Ghilana (DA Elvish, meaning Dread Wolf guides you.)
Barn Name: Ana
Height: 15 hh
Halter color: Lilac
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Rust
Story: wip...
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muffy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:15 pm

Owner: muffy
Show Name: Euphoric Vision
Barn Name: Fury
Height: 16hh
Halter color: fade red to black
Pearl/jewel color (halter): dark grey
Story:
Fury was actually born blind. Her mother was cursed by an evil witch because she had ran through her magical garden as a foal. The witch was beyond furious and told her, her first born would not be able to see the world of magic. So when the day finally did come and Fury was born, her mother cast her away because she could not bare the fact that she had hurt her baby. Fury never did get to meet her mother but she forgives her for what she had done. Fury lives in a wonderful place where people care and love her and the best of all the barn smells of cinnamon sugar. The smell will forever be her vision of home.
Last edited by muffy on Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muffy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~SpotOnAppy~ » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:17 pm

Owner: ~SpotOnAppy~
Show Name: Ghostly Apparition
Barn Name: Mira
Height: 15.3hh
Halter color: White
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Red/black
Story:

The soft summer breeze blew against the back of her neck, in what most would have considered a warming, relaxing way. She shivered slightly and moved her back against the tree, looking around her suspiciously, as if waiting for something to happen. Watching the sun set slowly over the fearsomely shaped mountains, crows flying overhead ready to nest for the night in the tall pine trees nearby. The wind whispered through the trees and the world seemed ready to rest, which was a stark contrast to the mare standing to attention, an unmoving silhouette among the trees. She knew that she should seek out her herd, find the comforting scent of her lead stallion. But something compelled her stay, a feeling in het gut.

A ear-shattering screech split though the forest, startling the birds out of their nightly resting spots, sending them flying and screaming up into the air. Mira started at the sudden noise but didn't move from her place. She could smell an overpowering scent of fear coming from somewhere upwind. She also knew that it was heading towards her at a rapid pace. 'Run, run, run!' her mind and common sense screamed. But her legs refused to move. The wind swirled angrily around her, thrashing through her mane and tail, but it wasn't the cold wind that sent shivers down her spine.

Another screech split through the air, chilling Mira to the bone. She stood trembling and snorting, waiting to see what happened next.

A herd of panic stricken deer blindly fumbled their way through the bush in an attempt to flee. Animals all around were fleeing, scared for their lives... Still mira stood her ground.

A huge strike of lightning split the sky, striking the tree next to mira, finally starting her into action, running wild to avoid rhe falling, hiring branches. For the first time realising the gravity if her situation. And then if were as if time stood still. She came face to face with a humongous black wolf. His ice blue blind gaze staring uncannily straight at her. Hackles raised and head lowered in a threatening position he stood. Burning branches crashing all around, the wind spreading the fire at a rapid pace.

Then it happened. A smoking log fell from above Mira, takin out half the other branches as it went. It plummeted towards the totally unaware Mira, twisting and turning mid fall, leaving a trailing stream of smoke behind it. The wolf suddenly realised what was happening and lunged at Mira. In her mind he was attacking, therefore she must stand her ground. But as the burning log smashed into her face she realised the truth of it.

He had been an omen.
Last edited by ~SpotOnAppy~ on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
~SpotOnAppy~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Wolfgirl_ » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Owner: _Wolfgirl_
    Show Name: Rise from the Ashes
    Barn Name: Phoenix
    Height: 16.3hh
    Halter color: Red
    Pearl/jewel color (halter): Gold
    Story:
Phoenix was only 3, and already turning into a promising jumper. She was expected to become the star in the small stable she lived out. Phoenix was proud and believed she was the best at the stables, leading her to have no friends. It was on a dry October night, Phoenix was the only one left in the barn as she was rested in preparation for a show. A man walking down the street carelessly flicked a cigarette into a pile of nay laying by the barn, leading to a string of events that would change Phoenix’s life forever.

The hay flared to life in a torrent of flames, spreading unnaturally quick into the barn. Phoenix was jerked from her sleep from the smell of smoke. Panicked, she looked around at the sight of gray smoke and red/yellow tongues of flames licking the sides of the stable. She could hear the creaking of the overhead hay storage and the crackling of the flames. Fear consuming her, Phoenix reared, screaming in terror. She kicked desperately at the stall door trying to escape. She felt a rush of triumph through the fear when the door opened with a bang, slamming against the wall. Unfortunately this caused a nearby support beam to fall right in front of her. A flare of smoke and embers burst from a falling log and into her eyes. She felt a scorching pain before her world went black. Rearing, she could feel the heat scorching her hide and embers burning into her skin. The realization hit her that everything was over. She wouldn’t be escaping, and she was going to die here alone in the barn.

Luckily all was not lost as there as a young golden retriever who heard the screaming cries coming from the barn and braved the flames. As Phoenix panicked, reeling from the pain, she felt the soft brush of fur against her leg. Freezing, Phoenix thought it was over, something had some to end her. Suddenly she felt the fur push against her back leg and she stumbled forward in shock. She spooked slightly when she heard an encouraging bark before there was more pressure on her leg. In shock from fear, she continued stumbling forward through the suffocating heat. After what felt like a lifetime she suddenly felt the soft breeze and smelled the fresh air, she as out! She was so filled with relief that she almost forgot the pain until the suffocating blindness truly reminded her of her predicament. A wave of loneliness, pain and horror washed through her, and she felt her legs give out. Laying in the grass, with the sounds of burning and sirens behind her, she felt a soft tongue licking her cheek. With that, she realized she wasn’t truly alone.

Even though Phoenix cannot see, she gained a loyal friend who acts as her eyes. The golden retriever who had helped lead her from the burning barn now stuck to her like glue, was a companion and true friend that she was happy to gain, even at the cost of her sight. Phoenix gained a true friend and eventually a profession she truly loved, that as a therapy Khimaria, so she could help others the way the retriever helped her. Phoenix truly rose from the ashes of a disaster like her namesake.
Last edited by _Wolfgirl_ on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Avatar by: .Ghost. / Art by: SnivelGriff / My WMEs / My GOS / My Khimaira / My DAMs

_Wolfgirl_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Owner: Merlin's Heir
Show Name: Blank Slate
Barn Name: Viola
Height: 15hh
Halter color: Dark leather
Pearl/jewel color (halter): Warm gold
Story:

WIP
Last edited by Merlin's Heir on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:54 am

Slots:
1. Image
2. Image
3. Image
4. Image
Last edited by NeriHyuga on Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me